How are domiant signs and planets determined?

July 10, 2020 at 08:22 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Anni23
How are domiant signs and planets determined?
I´m quite new to astrology so I´m not really sure how this works. Are the methods quite subjective or is there a clear way of interpreting? I have been finding it particularly hard to work out my domiant signs as this site seems to only include domiant planets?

Also what are your domiant planets and signs? And is Pluto really my third domiant planet?? And why is that?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 13, 2020 at 12:16
(Leo) Anni23 » IIyyaarr13
Ahh.. thst makes sense as i read that somewhere else, also my sun is visibly right on the line if the chart.. 🤔 perhaps this will have to be something I should consider, although I wasn´t really inclined to accept readily the idea of cusps.
July 12, 2020 at 09:53
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Anni23
Four hours either way is ten arcminutes of apparent :151: travel, so eight hours in total for each Zodiacal month the Sun is two-signed.
July 12, 2020 at 09:42
So it´s six degrees in 360? How many hours does this translate to before or after the first and last day of a sign? I read somewhere that I was born a few hours into the Leo sign
July 11, 2020 at 00:29
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » fishscales
Ya, sometimes planets in ´dominants´ seem to twin to a hundredth of one percent; A symptom of Cookbook Astrology!
July 11, 2020 at 00:09
(Pisces) fishscales » DEEP SIGH
I think you can duplicate astro.com´s dominants depending on the criteria you select on Astroseek...

Both give me the same three dominant planets if astroseek is in "default" settings on the dominants calculator...although I think astroseek gives me a tie between my two most dominant planets, whereas astro.com puts one as slightly stronger than the other.
July 10, 2020 at 11:24
Six degrees is what others refer to, 20 arcminutes is one eighteenth of that.
Ten minutes of arc either way from the cusp and an occupying planet is two-signed, otherwise it wouldn´t be worth mentioning!
July 10, 2020 at 11:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » DEEP SIGH
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There is no such function. Only borrowed feature from program Astrolog 7.00. Astrodienst uses Astrolog´s graphics, but not numerical value. Astro-seek gives only numbers. It would be useful to have both.
July 10, 2020 at 10:52
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Anni23
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Just typos. He meant cups full of something and a minute of arc. He likes to be mysterious and misunderstood. But it doesn´t work on me. :46:
July 10, 2020 at 10:45
I´m not sure I understand, I thought that "cusp signs" were not officially acknowledged by most. Also I´m not familiar with the term "arcaminute"..?
July 10, 2020 at 10:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user DEEP SIGH, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No ! Astro.Com is the best website to calculate the dominations :92: .
July 10, 2020 at 10:16
(Pisces) fishscales
Planetary dominance is generally determined by strength of sign position (a planet in it´s home sign, or exaltation sign will be strong), strength of house position (a planet in a house that is naturally ruled by the *sign* the planet rules, ie, Venus in the 7th)...angular house position will also give a planet some strength (ie, if it falls in houses 1, 4, 7, or 10)...the other factor in determining dominance is the number of aspects a planet receives: the more aspects a planet has, the more it´s going to weave itself into the fabric of the chart, and become a more major, or "dominant" player.

There is a 4th factor that astroseek uses to determine dominance, but I can´t remember what it is right now. (Mercury in Aries always comes prepared, I´ll tell ya :2:)

Different sites have slightly different ways of calculating dominants... I have found the calculator on Astroseek to be sufficient. I also like it because it shows you HOW dominant planets are determined.

I don´t think planetary dominanace is a 100% exact science, especially when you get down to those 3rd and 4th most dominant planets. If you have sites that disagree, go with your gut.
July 10, 2020 at 09:48
Your :151: is at the last arcminute that gives it a dual sign position, so you are both a :174: and a :175:.
Magi Astrology uses declinations, don´t be swayed by the prefix contra, they can suggest a new domain of dominants!
July 10, 2020 at 09:11
Yeah that´s interesting as my sun seems to be placed as being less domiant on several websites...? Would you know of a good website that can determine the domiant signs, elements aswell as the modes and accentuations if possible?
July 10, 2020 at 08:56
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Sun, Moon, and Ascendant are the three majors and the hardest to ignore!
There are complaints from time to time about criteria changing from website to website. The dominant´s button can give a perspective as much as the shape button or extended settings et cetera!

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »