Thoughts on heliocentric astrology?

July 10, 2020 at 03:43 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) mysticalstars
Thoughts on heliocentric astrology?
I´ve always been fascinated with the idea of heliocentric astrology--specifically, sidereal heliocentric astrology, for it is the Earth that orbits the sun, not the other way around.

I completely understand why the astrological systems we believe in and analyze are geocentric, considering how we are attempting to understand things from our vantage point, and how the sky and seasons influence us here on Earth. We are the focal point and are concerned with things as we see them.

However, I´ve always been so curious as to try and understand things from a heliocentric perspective, given that it´s based on where planets and celestial objects are truly located, and not just from where it appears they are from our own point of view.

I tend to use the phrase "not everything is what it seems" or the analogy of a compass, or even a mirror, to explain my rationale behind this. We look in the mirror every day and see this version of us as our true selves, yet in reality, it´s a distorted image of us. It´s flipped backwards. What we see is the precise inverse of how we truly appear. Inside out. Similarly, we can examine a compass or giving directions. Whatever direction our bodies are facing is north to us, as we are looking and heading straight ahead. In this way, our version of north is much like how the Earth appears to be the center of our own universe and planets seem to be in certain constellations from our perspective. But in reality, 75% of the time, what we see as north is not true north, just as it is the sun, not the Earth in the center of the solar system.

Or even on a way more abstract, yet applicable note, haven´t you ever jumped to the wrong conclusion at some point in your life? You see that your boyfriend or girlfriend liked their ex´s pictures on instagram and you think "I knew it! They´re having an affair. He´s totally cheating on me," only to find out that you were COMPLETELY mistaken. You were too quick to see things from how you wanted to see it. How you perceived things. And yet, your perception and intuition was off. You were blinded by what you thought you saw, and didn´t see the situation from a clear, objective point of view, and ultimately missed out on what was actually happening.

I realize these are abstract ideas, but this is how I tend to view the whole geocentric vs heliocentric astrological debate.

In any case, with all of this being said, what are your thoughts on heliocentric astrology and what significance do you give to each of the planets/signs occupying those planets? How would your interpretations of the planets and signs differ? And what would you view as the most important component of the chart to focus on and what would be considered your overarching "sign?"

Even though I do believe in the tropical system, I will say that these thoughts often cross my mind. When I really break it down, I always come to the conclusion that perhaps we should pay more attention to the heliocentric model than we do. The whole point of astrology is to better understand ourselves and how the sky/stars/planets/etc influence us. For everyone who does believe in astrology and holds this idea that the sky shapes who we are, determines our personalities, can potentially be used to predict the future, etc, etc, this is my counterargument to geocentricism: If in fact you are correct, then in reality, we aren´t being affected by what we "think" we see (or in other words, when we say things like "Mars is entering Aries right now, so we will be experiencing these types of emotions" because that´s how we visually see it here on Earth), but rather being impacted by the true locations, gravitational pulls, orbits, etc of these celestial bodies and stars. If the solar system didn´t exist exactly as it does, perhaps our version of astrology would be far different and what we claim to influence us would not have the same impact.

Note: I´m not saying these comments to be radical or stir up anyone´s emotions/anger, this is genuinely just an open forum for discussion and to gain insight into perhaps areas we don´t typically concern ourselves with. Just some food for thought basically! :)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 10, 2020 at 17:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I prefer 12 degrees :36: :69:
July 10, 2020 at 17:39
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
That butterscotch toolbar has a little drop-down menu under ´free horoscopes´ in the list for the last choice is heliocentric versus geocentric; Actually the two together are an early synastry in our lives, as though we are conjoined twins instead of a single individual! :97: :98:
Remember :153: might move five degrees in one day!
July 10, 2020 at 11:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » mysticalstars
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, it is. I am also glad that you came with these themes and confirmed it by your personal experience related to heliocentric chart. :78:
July 10, 2020 at 11:49
(Taurus) mysticalstars » MarvinReal
That truly is fascinating! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and including all of that helpful and interesting information.
July 10, 2020 at 11:38
(Taurus) mysticalstars » MarvinReal
Oops! Thank you so much, had no idea there was a section for heliocentric astrology!
July 10, 2020 at 08:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Apart of what people here already mentioned....

In the Heliocentric model planets are NEVER retrograde. They are ALWAYS direct. And that is how it really is in reality. Planetary retrograde (apparent) motion is overestimated in Geocentric model, such as everyone is scared of introspection, re-evaluation, disagreements and basically all evils of the world during retrograde transits.

ASC, DSC, MC, IC, are very important and in Heliocentric are simply missing.

What is interesting that in Indian astrology (= Sidereal Geocentric), sometimes called incorrectly, or at least ambiguously, ´Vedic´, shows only the ASC in charts. I have never seen any sign of 3 other angular angles, and they are extremely important in natal, transits, synastry, etc. Plus we know that angular angles are not always placed in the angular house in Whole signs system, which is used in India. For example, IC can be placed in 3rd, 4th, 5th, or elsewhere, but Indian astrology only counts entire sign in 4th from the ASC for getting the same meaning as IC has in western charts.

Heliocentric chart doesn´t have any astrological houses and no angular points of the horoscope at all. Keep it stupid simple. Earth and Moon showing the main nature of a person.

From cosmology we know that the universe is always expanding (so far... it´s predestinated to end and to reverse) and that our own Solar system isn´t immune to such processes and everything is moving. Solar system is the Vortex! Watch some animated videos typing these terms.

Planets are therefore never returning to the same point, because that point no longer exist. I am fascinated by it. Whether it´s an argument for Sidereal or Tropical is beyond my comprehension to be honest. Tropical astrologer may say that exactly BECAUSE universe is moving so we need to stop it and fix it forever. Sidereal astrologer argues that exactly BECAUSE universe is moving so we have to follow up with reality, so star constellations and zodiacal signs remain valid.
July 10, 2020 at 07:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Hi mysticalstars,
You can write where it belongs. :15:
https://forum.astro-seek.com/hledat… :27: :27:
I will copy paste it there if you don´t.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »