Father Issues

July 5, 2020 at 18:28 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Zephyrin
Father Issues
What aspect or placement may cause a bad relationship with father and cause separation from dad at young age? How can we understand whether a person has a apathetic, callous father by looking at his/her chart?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 7, 2020 at 08:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I remember this movie, from long ago.

I´ve watched many foreign movies.

Prefer them to the shit trash put out by Hollyweird.

Thank you, for your post.

Think I´ll go check out that movie, again. :4:
July 7, 2020 at 06:37
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Chadjames
Truffeau´s "The 400 Blows" a boy stands in front of a room full of French boys and says "Where izz zza fazzer!"
July 6, 2020 at 19:01
(Leo) Zephyrin » Dharma212
"Yes, I understand. It was the same case with me (Mars in my 4th, and debilitated in Cancer in the 4th in Vedic). My home environment was very hostile and aggressive. And you can imagine how that could feel for a Pisces Moon individual like me,"

I understand you as a person who has Aries in 4th house (in Placidus). Moon in Pisces and Cancer are interesting with a Virgo Sun but those people may not be able to live their childhood very well and may be forced to grow up quickly, be an adult at very young age, mostly due to the family relationships.

"But you seem to have been "destined" to learn the VERY risky virtue/ability of "trusting in another human being" while being willing to show your "naked" soul to him/her - an 8th house Cancer North Node in Whole Houses."

In that case, I´ll continue to suffer from the deceptions of people risky sounds like another disappointment related to people, then.

"Being emotionally "naked" in front of another soul - who has his/her own particular wounds and weaknesses - isn´t exactly what most people are willing to do, or even want to do (some people spend all of their lives in this huge "emotional emptiness"), but it is exactly what an 8th house Cancer North Node needs."

I started to think bad about that placement, it is like a curse because being emotionally "naked" in front of the people I truly care has already affected me badly. So long I have dealt with the consequences of that risky attitude. It seems the universe is determined about to kill me with psychosomatic disorders.

"Because at the core, very deep inside of you, you DO want to be able to experience a very deep intimacy, and to just be able to relax in someone´s arms, and feel safe and secure; don´t you? :-))."

All women want that even if they don´t confess it, so do I of course. :1:

"With a Capricorn South Node we have a need for feeling secure and stable in life, especially in terms of our material life. Add the 2nd house to it, and we can have a past life where we experienced both, emotional and material lack so deep, it created many wounds in our self-esteem and self-confidence department. Self-doubt is seen from this nodal placement; and so is fear of intimacy."

That is a deep subject indeed. I tend to underestimate myself, my talents, success and etc. People also try to ruin my self-confidence; jealousy, abusive people, deception are the common things in my life, all these things are wounds but strangely, the ones who did bad things to me or who acted unfair suffered from many diseases or some other serious problems in their life. Maybe one of my ancestors was a sorcerer :))
July 6, 2020 at 11:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » hh
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Definitely his enormous inflated ego. He only cares about himself and he is very egotistical. His ego ruined our family.
July 6, 2020 at 02:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Chadjames
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Don´t mind me.

I got bees in my head with a hornet on the orbit.

It´s a spiral down.
July 6, 2020 at 02:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Shit, take a trans-saturnian in a 4th harmonic.

Viola.

Father issue.
July 6, 2020 at 01:56
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Zephyrin
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Thank you for your thoughts and you saw everything about my relationship with my dad and other relationships"

You are most welcome!

"That scared me. :61:"

Did it? I sort of "knew" it would, :61:

"My grandfather was quite cruel to his children and wife, so was to my father"

I see, :-((.

"I know that he escaped from home because of the fights."

Yes, I understand. It was the same case with me (Mars in my 4th, and debilitated in Cancer in the 4th in Vedic). My home environment was very hostile and aggressive. And you can imagine how that could feel for a Pisces Moon individual like me, :39:

"My dad, as you may think, is a person that receive no affection from his father and he was also cruel to me and my mother."

I am really sorry about that, 🙏. My dad was the very domineering/controlling type. And he always abused my mom, both physically and emotionally, but he stopped the physical abuse before I was born - I am the youngest of 6.

"They´re about to be divorced and he went to another place."

I understand, :-(.

"I don´t feel any sadness or the absence of a father home but I can´t stand seeing/hearing something positive about fathers. I just ignore the wound."

Yes, I understand what you mean. We confront our wounds when they are ready to be healed and faced, 🙏. I didn´t confront my own until my mid 40s. Gee, I am still confronting them now!

[[["It is possible that this has affected your capacity and willingness to have close and intimate relationships with others, especially with men, and more particularly with romantic partners."]]]

"Well yes, my biggest wounds come from men, especially from the closest one. I became a suspicious and highly judgemental person as for my all relationships. Friendships are also bad but better than the romantic relationships. Father issue is the worst…"

Yes, I understand; I can see all that from the chart itself. It makes me wonder about "fate" and "destiny" and things better left for philosophers to ponder about. Because it is even scary (even for me) to realize how many of an individual´s life events - especially those from his/her upbringing/childhood - are clearly shown in his/her birth chart. Actually, it gives me the creeps, as I am so focused on "Free Will", personal choice, being the "master" (yeah, right, haha) of my own destiny, and such "esoteric" subjects I won´t even presume I understand.

But you seem to have been "destined" to learn the VERY risky virtue/ability of "trusting in another human being" while being willing to show your "naked" soul to him/her - an 8th house Cancer North Node in Whole Houses.

In Whole Houses, you are a 2nd house Capricorn South Node and an 8th house Cancer North Node. And what do we find when we combine the two of them?

With a Capricorn South Node we have a need for feeling secure and stable in life, especially in terms of our material life. Add the 2nd house to it, and we can have a past life where we experienced both, emotional and material lack so deep, it created many wounds in our self-esteem and self-confidence department. Self-doubt is seen from this nodal placement; and so is fear of intimacy.

The individual with this combination of 2nd house South Node (SN) and 8th house North Node (NN) - especially with that Capricorn SN /Cancer NN axis - finds it extremely hard to "connect" with his/her inner feelings (Cancer NN); finds it very difficult to forgive and nurture themselves; and it is very hard for them to cry after a past life of having kept it all inside.

But in this lifetime the wound (trusting others) becomes the "solution" as well: to learn to trust others and be willing to show our naked soul to them, even if that means risking getting hurt.

With an 8th house Cancer NN, we need to learn the "secret" healing power of true intimacy (both emotional and physical intimacy). We need to learn how to cry and let it all out. We need to learn to nurture ourselves, to forgive ourselves, to love ourselves.

Being emotionally "naked" in front of another soul - who has his/her own particular wounds and weaknesses - isn´t exactly what most people are willing to do, or even want to do (some people spend all of their lives in this huge "emotional emptiness"), but it is exactly what an 8th house Cancer North Node needs. Because at the core, very deep inside of you, you DO want to be able to experience a very deep intimacy, and to just be able to relax in someone´s arms, and feel safe and secure; don´t you? :-)).

And you´ll have that eventually, you know. You´ll have those kinds of friends and partners, without which life feels empty and without any sense. Because for you, my dear Watson, it isn´t about material and economic "security" (a 2nd house Capricorn SN), but about emotional security. And when you find that - and you WILL, rest assured - you would have finally arrived "home" again, :-).
July 6, 2020 at 01:42
(Virgo) rohini moon » Zephyrin
I hope I won´t be a cruel parent like him but it is ambiguous because I have Aries in 4th..

Of course you don´t have to be. the Stars can only show the probability of what may happen, but free-will, will always remain a choice to each of us in this life and beyond. You can use the cosmos as a way to navigate through the right way of conduct; per your own birthchart ..

We always have a choice, Zephyrin ;)
July 6, 2020 at 01:36
(Virgo) rohini moon » Dharma212
:1: exactly!
July 6, 2020 at 01:07
(Leo) Zephyrin » Olenna
Having Aries in 4th house is horrible. I´m generally a short tempered, grumpy person who can´t find peace at home but the reason of this was my dad.
July 6, 2020 at 01:00
(Leo) Zephyrin » Ianua
Yeah any aspect with Saturn may really sucks.

I knew a person who has Sun conjunction Saturn and he has serious problems with his father although he consider that as unimportant.
July 6, 2020 at 00:53
(Leo) Zephyrin » Iroquois Pliskin
I agree with you, even the positive aspects of Chiron to personal planets are a problem. My Chiron trines to Sun and Venus and these trines basically cause suffering from both the father and other men...

The huge violent outbursts and anger issues are terrible and these tend to go worse when he is 50+
July 6, 2020 at 00:43
(Leo) Zephyrin » rohini moon
He didn´t show any affection to me. And now, he is late.

"Mars in cancer in the 8th shows a disconnect from father emotionally and psychologically"

Maybe that explains why I act like I have no father. :1:

"You most likely have also inherited somehting from him and your paternal side. .8th house is also the house of "inheritances" so this could mean on the mundane level, you inherit physical things/money or you inherited some karma from him."

I hope I won´t be a cruel parent like him but it is ambiguous because I have Aries in 4th...
July 6, 2020 at 00:35
(Leo) Zephyrin » goldenlion32
Aries Chiron... sounds harsh.

Saturn in Leo is a dangerous placement, I think. My mother has it (in 6th house) and she lived her life in poverty, loneliness in her young ages which gave her a hidden, terminal disease although her health is good now. I just should be careful not to make her very sad.
July 6, 2020 at 00:21
(Leo) Zephyrin » Dharma212
Thank you for your thoughts and you saw everything about my relationship with my dad and other relationships. That scared me. :61:

"Saturn (which can represent the father) is conjunct Jupiter (faith, optimism) - This could indicate a father (Saturn) who had/has a very fatalistic or apathetic attitude towards life, as his "faith"/"hope" factor was/is debilitated."

"Even though the Sun is exalted in its own sign of Leo (in the 9th), it is conjunct a debilitated Cancer Mars from the 8th, the house of sudden events and ups and downs. Notice that the 9th house also represents (in Vedic astrology) the "father" and the "father´s teachings". This could indicate many sudden events and ups and downs regarding the father; possibly, a separation due to divorce, etc."

My grandfather was quite cruel to his children and wife, so was to my father. I know that he escaped from home because of the fights. My dad, as you may think, is a person that receive no affection from his father and he was also cruel to me and my mother. They´re about to be divorced and he went to another place. I don´t feel any sadness or the absence of a father home but I can´t stand seeing/hearing something positive about fathers. I just ignore the wound.

It is possible that this has affected your capacity and willingness to have close and intimate relationships with others, especially with men, and more particularly with romantic partners.

Well yes, my biggest wounds come from men, especially from the closest one. I became a suspicious and highly judgemental person as for my all relationships. Friendships are also bad but better than the romantic relationships. Father issue is the worst...
July 6, 2020 at 00:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » rohini moon
System message: Post has been written by user Dharma212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"Yeah but Peter, you´re omitting her sun in cancer siderally, as I pointed out, conjunct that Mars .."

Yes, you are correct about that. I didn´t look at her Vedic chart, so I missed that.

"like I said, sun in cancer in the 8th house -most certainly creates hindrances connected to your father"

Yes, it definitely can; good point! And more so, since that Sun is conjunct to a debilitated Mars, and being aspected by Saturn from the 6th, as Saturn´s 3rd aspect (as a Vedic chart interpretation).
July 6, 2020 at 00:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » darkneptune
System message: Post has been written by user hh, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
did your father´s weak or inflated ego spoil the relations in the family?
July 5, 2020 at 23:57
(Virgo) rohini moon » Dharma212
Yeah but Peter, you´re omitting her sun in cancer siderally, as I pointed out, conjunct that Mars ..like I said, sun in cancer in the 8th house -most certainly creates hindrances connected to your father
July 5, 2020 at 23:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Dharma212
=====
Oh, I forgot to add that in your particular case, Mars is the ruler (as the traditional ruler of Scorpio) of the 12th house of loses. And as a 12th Lord, it is placed in the 8th house of sudden events, disruptions, ups and downs, etc, and debilitated in Cancer, while being conjunct the Sun (the father).

So this could indicate a father that suddenly left due to separation, divorce, being ill, etc; and who had/had sudden bursts of anger.
July 5, 2020 at 23:52
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
My chart speaks for its self.

Sun opposition Saturn and Uranus
Sun sesquiquadrate Pluto
Chiron opposition Midheaven
Chiron opposition Saturn
Chiron conjunction Sun

My father is a massive control freak, could never admit he is wrong about anything, huge violent outbursts and anger issues. I don’t like him is the nicest way of putting it.
July 5, 2020 at 23:41
(Libra) leorising » goldenlion32
Neptune as opposed to the moon, I read that in this case our mothers deceived our fathers.( I have this too)
July 5, 2020 at 23:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
As with anything in a birth chart, a certain issue, condition, psychological attitude, etc, isn´t necessarily shown - and in fact, it seldom is - by just one aspect and/or placement.

More frequently than not, we need at least 3 (or more) indicators of the same thing in order for the astrologer to consider it as a very probable scenario in your life (past, present, or both) - in the case he still hasn´t asked any questions about it, and is just trying to "guess" about your past and/or present circumstances by just looking at the chart.

We astrologers aren´t supposed to be "psychics", necessarily. There isn´t any real "value" at being accurate at describing a person´s past or present circumstances, beyond creating a certain "trust" which would enable the client to be willing to open up so that the ACTUAL reading (the one which includes psychological analysis and recommendations) can occur. But I can´t deny that it is a LOT of fun for us, haha, being able to "play the psychic".

Having said that, there are several indicators of that ("Father´s wounds") in a chart, and you have a few of them yourself, :-(( :8: 🙏🙏. I am really sorry, :-((.

Both, the Sun and Saturn represents the "father" in astrology. The MC and its ruler could also represents the father, especially when there are other more obvious (and "supporting") indicators as well.

The Sun being in hard aspects with Saturn, is but just one of those probable indicators.

Saturn (or the Sun) being in hard aspects with the MC or the MC ruler.

Saturn (or the Sun) in hard aspects to Chiron.

Chiron in hard aspects to the MC, especially an opposition where he is also conjunct the IC (4th house).

Jupiter conjunct Saturn or opposite/square to Saturn.

Sun or Saturn in hard aspects to Mars, could indicate violence or aggressiveness from the father.

Sun in hard aspects to Uranus - especially in the the IC/MC axis is involved - could indicate sudden events (death, illness, separation) concerning the father.

The same scenario as above, but substituting Uranus for Neptune, could indicate a father that had some kind of addiction, was mentally ill, or was emotionally absent from the life of the chart holder.

Pluto in hard aspects to the Sun, could be another indicator, especially is the IC/MC axis is involved - like Pluto square/opposite the MC, or square, opposite, (and even conjunct) to a Sun which is at, or aspecting, the MC/IC axis. This could indicate "power struggles" with the father, and a father who was/is very domineering/controlling in nature (as my own case with my own father).

So as you can see, it is not just one aspect and/or placement, but several of them. And we need not just one, but several of them in order to "suspect" that a client might have had a very difficult relationship with his/her father.

Now, looking at your own chart, this is what I see (I am looking at your chart using Whole Houses). Remember, these are just PROBABLE scenarios until an actual communication (and a confirmation) occurs between the client and the astrologer:

1. Saturn (which can represent the father) is conjunct Jupiter (faith, optimism) - This could indicate a father (Saturn) who had/has a very fatalistic or apathetic attitude towards life, as his "faith"/"hope" factor was/is debilitated. It is possible that his own life/upbringing was very hard, especially in terms of opportunities. So he "learned" that life is "difficult" and "hard".

2.Saturn (limitations, restrictions) is the 2nd (family in Vedic astrology) Lord, and is placed in the 6th house of obstacles, disease, conflicts, etc. This could indicate how the father (Saturn) could have been a limiting and restricting influence in your life, which brought many conflicts, disagreements (Saturn in the 6th house); and it is possible that father has battled with some recurring illness, too.

3. Even though the Sun is exalted in its own sign of Leo (in the 9th), it is conjunct a debilitated Cancer Mars from the 8th, the house of sudden events and ups and downs. Notice that the 9th house also represents (in Vedic astrology) the "father" and the "father´s teachings". This could indicate many sudden events and ups and downs regarding the father; possibly, a separation due to divorce, etc.

This could also indicates a father with a very bad temper, with a tendency to snap at others in an unexpected and sudden way (Mars in Cancer in the 8th).

4. The 10th Lord (which can also represents the father) is Mercury, which is square to the MC from the 8th house of sudden events, ups and downs, disruptions, etc.

5. Your Chiron (wounds) is in your 1st house (Asc), and opposite to Jupiter in the 7th. This could indicate an injured self-esteem and self-confidence, which affected your sense of faith, hope, and optimism in life. Perhaps due to that difficult relationship with your father.

It is possible that this has affected your capacity and willingness to have close and intimate relationships with others, especially with men, and more particularly with romantic partners.

So in your own case, you have several indicators showing the same thing: deep wounds regarding the father.

If this is the case and you ever need to talk about it - or wish private consultations/recommendations about it - don´t hesitate to message me.

I wasn´t exactly a good father myself - a wound that never heals and never will (and I don´t want it to heal as a reminder of how stupid and misguided I can be). So I enjoy being able to help those who have not been so lucky in their relationships with their parents.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 5, 2020 at 22:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I have Neptune in 4th which I would say is an indicator for father´s absence but would it also be Sun square Uranus?
July 5, 2020 at 21:39
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
In mine it´s Saturn and Moon in the 10th house and Aries in Chiron intercepted with 8th and 9th house.

Neptune opposition Moon because it was lie and hidden from my Grand Parents.

My father has Sagittarius in Chiron so it obviously has a cause and effect on my 5th house with Sagittarius Sun and Capricorn Mercury in the 6th house since he is the masculine and Patriarchy. He worked for the Government twice and Military and Prison Guard.

Aries in Chiron is a key because all the aspects to other planets are involved and match his chart for father´s teachings in the 9th house of Aries.

But since I had 3 fathers it´s pretty much the Leo Ascendant and South Node Leo, because they´re Leo Pluto Generation and Saturn in Leo. The masculine energy and Paternal side karma.
July 5, 2020 at 21:30
(Taurus) Milami
Look at my chart, my father died from alcohol and diabetes when I was 18.He was also abusive to my mom, and emotionally abusive towards me and my sister. I have saturn in pisces in 12th House in conjuction with my moon in pisces in it,also I have Venus in gemini squaring both my moon and saturn, also I have sun in my 1st opposition jupiter in my 7/8 house, I dont know, I think that is enough.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »