Capricorn & Devil

June 30, 2020 at 15:04 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) Only Me
Capricorn & Devil
Why I always hear “ Capricorn sign represents Evil “ ?!
Why specially this sign ?!

Also Tarot readers say “ The Devil Card in Tarot represents Capricorn sign “ .

This is Devil card in Tarot ↓ :
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 1, 2020 at 19:21
(Scorpio) venushouse » Only Me
My pleasure! :27:
July 1, 2020 at 16:16
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
another random thought....

Houses 10, 11 and 12.... in numerology equal roughly the same as houses 1, 2 and 3 respectively...

10 is focusing on your career... but its putting yourself first... 1.

11 is major gains financially. Dealing with money... 2.

12 is loss but also long distance travel... 3... is short distance travel but it still relates to travel...

Its an interesting random thought....
July 1, 2020 at 16:13
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Crowleys Disciple
I´ve heard that its a prominant combination of Gemini, Scorpio and Capricorn in a chart that can make someone evil...

Oh well I haven´t researched it so... it is just a random thought...
July 1, 2020 at 13:54
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
I listen to and follow what Buddha taught as you can see through (one of) the suttras I posted; and what the monks i have spoken to personally at the monastery have taught me. The Abbott of the Wat has been a monk for nearly 60 years.. Amazing how much knowledge he has. Powerful monk.

Everything you´ve mentioned is not part of the Theravada Buddhism teachings; and isn´t what he taught

Now, there´s plenty of "black" Dharma teachers out there these days, (that Buddha warned of in the future perils) that are only Buddhist in name, and do not follow nor teach anything he taught out of the actual suttras themselves.

That´s why it´s important if people who want to know real, honest Buddhism actually read the sutra books I mentioned earlier in a post to ram...

Celibacy for the monks / nuns was and will always be part of the path. This explains it down to a T why without abstinence the practice will not flourish for any monastic.

Nowhere in the Buddha’s teachings did he forbid laypeople from having sex, or tell them that celibacy was a prerequisite to pursuing the path to awakening. To the contrary, the canon is full of anecdotes about the benefits of practice within the bounds of a stable, respectful relationship. The late Thai master Ajahn Maha Boowa likened conjugal sensuality to a kitchen fire: “Both are necessary to establishing and maintaining a successful family,” he said. “Marriage is necessarily a sexual partnership, while a kitchen fire is indispensable for preparing the family’s food. If both are used carefully, with proper circumspection, they can sufficiently fulfill people’s basic needs in life.” Certainly Buddhists in such a successful union can attest to the power of the bond to keep you on the straight and narrow, in a good way; a safe arena from which to observe the lure of outside influences—lust and other distractions—as they arise and pass away. Families in the 21st century come in infinite variety, and there are all kinds of units in which to be emotionally content and spiritually engaged, including couples that have decided to be celibate for the sake of religious practice.

While a celibate life may appear drastically reduced from the outside, the renunciate’s inner life blossoms and expands exponentially.

But while the Buddha left laypeople to make their own choices in the realm of sex and romance, his view on celibacy for monastics was crystal clear. He taught that sexual activity is part and parcel of craving (kama-tanha, the craving for sensuality), described in the second noble truth as the cause of suffering, a source of clinging and attachment (upadana, or attachment to sensual pleasure), a hindrance to meditation and a fetter or obstruction to liberation.

More obstructive than the object of desire itself is the mental activity we generate around it—the constant thinking and planning and anticipation about how we get the goods. When sex is involved, kama-tanha is a given. When sex is not involved, it can be easier to see how kama-tanha takes over. The Pali term for “celibacy” (in striking contrast to our own word) is brahmacariya, meaning to behave, or walk, in a divine or sublime way.

Throughout the discourses, the Buddha hammers home the drawbacks of sensuality. The Potaliya Sutta, for instance, uses a series of analogies to describe the frustration of seeking reliable happiness in sense pleasure. “Suppose a dog, overcome with weakness and hunger, were to come across a slaughterhouse, and there a dexterous butcher or butcher’s apprentice were to fling him a chain of bones—thoroughly scraped, without any flesh, smeared with blood. What do you think: Would the dog, gnawing on that chain of bones—thoroughly scraped, without any flesh, smeared with blood—appease its weakness and hunger?” Because those bones offered nothing of substance, and like all worldly things are impermanent, the dog, we understand, “would get nothing but its share of weariness and vexation.

From the Mahamangala Sutta, the sermon on great protection or blessing:

Austerity, celibacy,
seeing the Noble Truths,
realizing Unbinding:
This is the highest protection.

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…

This is a wonderful video on why monastics are celibate by a Bhikku. I love that he also mentions how music, tv..all the sense pleasures are detrimental to the meditation practice. The road to liberation will never come to fruition as long as anyone is filled with clinging and attachments. This is how Buddha taught.
YouTube
YouTube
July 1, 2020 at 13:11
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
I want to make clear that I am in no way saying meditation is not an essential practice for spiritual development...

As I mentioned in an earlier post, it is absolutely essential, as is some form of service to humanity.

The stuff I´m talking about would not even work without being paired with meditation.

Dream yoga/astral projection/lucid dreaming is also necessary...the ability to consciously explore and investigate the internal worlds to find information...

This is a whole different conversation though...

Suffice it to say I believe meditation is where one should start on the spiritual path, and is a practice whose neccesity never expires.
July 1, 2020 at 12:48
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
"But to not be celibate defeats the whole purpose of seeking the path to enlightenment"

I think celibacy is a starting place for people who want to start on a spiritual path. The reset button needs to be hit, so to speak.

But sex is the most powerful energy in the universe: its the reason why everything is here. Humans, animals, plants, even minerals, in a very simple way, reproduce sexually. Life is created through the union of male and female energies.

It does not make sense that one would have to suppress the creative energy of the universe in order to pursue a spiritual path.

They do, however, have to use that energy correctly.

Lust is misuse of the sexual energy.

Celibacy is repression of the sexual energy.

Chastity is correct and controlled use of the sexual energy.

To put this is astrological terms, we all know what happens when we try to suppress Mars and Pluto: they explode, and become destructive, toxic. That´s why Mars in Capricorn is considered an exaltation. Capricorn is all about responsibility and control. The Martian energy is not eliminated or suppressed in Capricorn, it is brought under control, and utilized responsibly.

Using the sexual force responsibly entails not using it in service to lust, which is, at its core, the root of selfish desire.

The Kundalini is the sexual energy itself. The Kundalini cannot rise if it is being repressed, and it cannot rise if the sexual energy is being expelled out of the body via orgasm, and/or utilized in service to lust.

Purity of heart is neccesary for the Kundalini to rise. It cannot be fooled. Whoever is practicing sexual alchemy without pure intent, or with even a trace of lust, will not experience an awakening of the Kundalini. It rises according to the merits of the heart.

It is true that the sexual energy can be sublimated and the Kundalini awakened through breathing exercises such as Pranayama. This is a much slower process however. And because of the tomfoolery of the human race, we are running out of time. The "endless reincarnation" theory espoused by the new age crowd is but so much nonsense and wishful thinking.

God is male/female in nature, because this is the energetic combination neccesary to engender life.

The only way to return to our source (God) is through perfect unification of male and female that is completely free of lust and desire.

This is the true symbolism behind the cross: the union of the male and female, centered in the heart.
July 1, 2020 at 11:48
(Pisces) Only Me » venushouse
Thank you :98: .
July 1, 2020 at 11:36
(Scorpio) Crowleys Disciple
I think I read somwhere in an astrology book that moon in Capricorn is suppose to be an evil moon sign to have. That people with moon im capricorn tend to be dark and like the darker side of life. Ozzy osborne has a moon in Capricorn.
June 30, 2020 at 23:21
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid » fishscales
What kind of meditation are we talkin´ here?
June 30, 2020 at 22:18
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Longitudes 60` West to 90`West are the longitudes of :180:; One-twelfth of the planet is the Devil´s playground!
The Magi Astrologers rather use a number instead of the name Eris for the planet that demoted :160: to dwarf. The threat is that ALL the Kuiper Belt Objects together are a legion of Daemons!
June 30, 2020 at 21:55
I´ll get back to this...

But right now my demon ego of gluttony is demanding I make some Philly Cheesesteaks with peppers and onions... :2:
June 30, 2020 at 21:17
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » ram_goat
"Monks, there are these five types of warriors who can be found existing in the world. Which five?

"There is the case of a warrior who, on seeing a cloud of dust [stirred up by the enemy army], falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some warriors are like this. This is the first type of warrior who can be found existing in the world.

"Then there is the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, but on seeing the top of the enemy´s banner, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some warriors are like this. This is the second type of warrior who can be found existing in the world.

"Then there is the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust & the top of the enemy´s banner, but on hearing the tumult [of the approaching forces], he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some warriors are like this. This is the third type of warrior who can be found existing in the world.

"Then there is the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, & the tumult, but when in hand-to-hand combat he is struck and falls wounded. Some warriors are like this. This is the fourth type of warrior who can be found existing in the world.

"Then there is the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, the tumult, & the hand-to-hand combat. On winning the battle, victorious in battle, he comes out at the very head of the battle. Some warriors are like this. This is the fifth type of warrior who can be found existing in the world.

"These are the five types of warriors who can be found existing in the world.

"In the same way, monks, there are these five warrior-like individuals who can be found existing among the monks. Which five?

[1] "There is the case of the monk who, on seeing a cloud of dust, falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. What is the cloud of dust for him? There is the case of the monk who hears, ´In that village or town over there is a woman or girl who is shapely, good-looking, charming, endowed with the foremost lotus-like complexion.´ On hearing this, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. That, for him, is the cloud of dust. This individual, I tell you, is like the warrior who, on seeing a cloud of dust, falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some individuals are like this. This is the first type of warrior-like individual who can be found existing among the monks.

[2] "Then there is the case of the monk who can handle the cloud of dust, but on seeing the top of the enemy´s banner, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. What is the top of the banner for him? There is the case of the monk who not only hears that ´In that village or town over there is a woman or girl who is shapely, good-looking, charming, endowed with the foremost lotus-like complexion.´ He sees for himself that in that village or town over there is a woman or girl who is shapely, good-looking, charming, endowed with the foremost lotus-like complexion. On seeing her, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. That, for him, is the top of the banner. This individual, I tell you, is like the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, but on seeing the top of the enemy´s banner, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some individuals are like this. This is the second type of warrior-like individual who can be found existing among the monks.

[3] "Then there is the case of the monk who can handle the cloud of dust & the top of the enemy´s banner, but on hearing the tumult [of the approaching forces], he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. What is the tumult for him? There is the case of the monk who has gone to the wilderness, to the foot of a tree, or to an empty building. A woman approaches him and giggles at him, calls out to him, laughs aloud, & teases him. On being giggled at, called out to, laughed at, & teased by the woman, he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t continue in the holy life. Declaring his weakness in the training, he leaves the training and returns to the lower life. That, for him, is the tumult. This individual, I tell you, is like the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust & the top of the enemy´s banner, but on hearing the tumult he falters, faints, doesn´t steel himself, can´t engage in the battle. Some individuals are like this. This is the third type of warrior-like individual who can be found existing among the monks.

[4] "Then there is the case of the monk who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, & the tumult, but when in hand-to-hand combat he is struck and falls wounded. What is the hand-to-hand combat for him? There is the case of the monk who has gone to the wilderness, to the foot of a tree, or to an empty building. A woman approaches him and sits down right next to him, lies down right next to him, throws herself all over him. When she sits down right next to him, lies down right next to him, and throws herself all over him, he — without renouncing the training, without declaring his weakness — engages in sexual intercourse. This, for him, is hand-to-hand combat. This individual, I tell you, is like the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, & the tumult, but when in hand-to-hand combat he is struck and falls wounded. Some individuals are like this. This is the fourth type of warrior-like individual who can be found existing among the monks.

[5] "Then there is the case of the monk who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, the tumult, & hand-to-hand combat. On winning the battle, victorious in battle, he comes out at the very head of the battle. What is victory in the battle for him? There is the case of the monk who has gone to the wilderness, to the foot of a tree, or to an empty dwelling. A woman approaches him and sits down right next to him, lies down right next to him, throws herself all over him. When she sits down right next to him, lies down right next to him, and throws herself all over him, he extricates himself, frees himself, and goes off where he will.

"He resorts to a secluded dwelling place: the wilderness, the foot of a tree, a mountain, a glen, a hillside cave, a charnel ground, a forest grove, the open air, a haystack. Having gone to the wilderness, the foot of a tree, or an empty building, he sits down, crosses his legs, holds his body erect, and brings mindfulness to the fore.

"Abandoning covetousness with regard to the world, he dwells with an awareness devoid of covetousness. He cleanses his mind of covetousness. Abandoning ill will & anger, he dwells with an awareness devoid of ill will, sympathetic with the welfare of all living beings. He cleanses his mind of ill will & anger. Abandoning sloth & drowsiness, he dwells with an awareness devoid of sloth & drowsiness, mindful, alert, percipient of light. He cleanses his mind of sloth & drowsiness. Abandoning restlessness & anxiety, he dwells undisturbed, his mind inwardly stilled. He cleanses his mind of restlessness & anxiety. Abandoning uncertainty, he dwells having crossed over uncertainty, with no perplexity with regard to skillful mental qualities. He cleanses his mind of uncertainty.

"Having abandoned these five hindrances, corruptions of awareness that weaken discernment, then — quite withdrawn from sensuality, withdrawn from unskillful [mental] qualities — he enters & remains in the first jhana: rapture & pleasure born from withdrawal, accompanied by directed thought & evaluation. With the stilling of directed thoughts & evaluations, he enters & remains in the second jhana: rapture & pleasure born of concentration, unification of awareness free from directed thought & evaluation — internal assurance. With the fading of rapture, he remains equanimous, mindful, & alert, and senses pleasure with the body. He enters & remains in the third jhana, of which the Noble Ones declare, ´Equanimous & mindful, he has a pleasant abiding.´ With the abandoning of pleasure & pain — as with the earlier disappearance of elation & distress — he enters & remains in the fourth jhana: purity of equanimity & mindfulness, neither pleasure nor pain.

"With his mind thus concentrated, purified, & bright, unblemished, free from defects, pliant, malleable, steady, & attained to imperturbability, he directs and inclines it to the knowledge of the ending of the mental fermentations. He discerns, as it has come to be, that ´This is stress... This is the origination of stress... This is the cessation of stress... This is the way leading to the cessation of stress... These are mental fermentations... This is the origination of fermentations... This is the cessation of fermentations... This is the way leading to the cessation of fermentations.´ His heart, thus knowing, thus seeing, is released from the fermentation of sensuality, the fermentation of becoming, the fermentation of ignorance. With release, there is the knowledge, ´Released.´ He discerns that ´Birth is ended, the holy life fulfilled, the task done. There is nothing further for this world.´

"This, for him, is victory in the battle. This individual, I tell you, is like the warrior who can handle the cloud of dust, the top of the enemy´s banner, the tumult, & hand-to-hand combat. On winning the battle, victorious in battle, he comes out at the very head of the battle. Some individuals are like this. This is the fifth type of warrior-like individual who can be found existing among the monks.
June 30, 2020 at 21:06
Monks refer to it as ordaining....

"Initiates" implies your referring to it as an organization..a cult almost.

It´s called ordaining, to become frocked.
June 30, 2020 at 21:02
Zen is not Theravada...it´s a different branch of Buddhism.

Theravada is the closest to the exact word of teaching that came from buddha himself.

you should read the Sutra on black dharma then maybe you´ll understand why his teachings have been skewed with and the only real stories you should be reading are in the: Samyutta nikaya, digha nikaya, angutarra nikaya, and majjhima nikaya..

June 30, 2020 at 20:53
(Aries) ram_goat » RohiniMoon
##
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
June 30, 2020 at 20:42
(Scorpio) venushouse
Interesting article:
Assigned to The Devil card of the tarot, numbered 15, Capricorn´s connection with the devil has its roots in the symbolism of the mythology of the Greek God Pan, the half-man, half-goat nature god. The Devil is one of the most misunderstood cards of the Tarot deck. If you look a little closer, the figure in the card is not a representation of Satan -- but rather, the card depicts Pan. In many myths, the goat was considered an unclean and lustful animal. However, the goat also symbolizes the scapegoat, the person or thing upon which people project their inferior side in order to feel better about themselves. The Devil has the wings of a vampire bat and is symbolic of what happens when we give full reign to the realm of our raw desires. We lose our vitality and life energy. At the foot of the Devil stands a man and woman, both naked and chained by their necks to the podium on which the Devil sits. They appear to be held against their will, but closer observation will reveal that their chains are loose and could be easily removed. Their bondage to the Devil is ultimately voluntary which consciousness can release. The dark cave implies that the Devil dwells in the most inaccessible realm of the unconscious and only crisis can break through the walls. The number 15 in numerology equals 6, the number that corresponds to the Lovers, and here the lovers are shown chained, in bondage to the material, sensual side of their nature.

-https://www.essentialzodiac.com/blo….
June 30, 2020 at 20:27
(Scorpio) venushouse
I knew it would just be a matter of time before I was exposed.... :4:
June 30, 2020 at 20:00
But to not be celibate defeats the whole purpose of seeking the path to enlightenment

The actual symbology of Scorpio being represented through the 8th house can be likened to the horizontally placed Infinity symbol...

Life is created, and destroyed. On and on we go..

Base chakra of your spine - Muladhara - is where Scorpio actually resides..as the 8th house represents the genital region - the base of the kundalini

To awaken the kundalini is to find enlightenment. This is where celibacy comes in to play...if you meditate, abstaining from sex, the energy you´ve built up at the base chakra starts to flow upwards. Not down. Up. This is part of the process of kundalini awakening..

This is the reason they abstain from intercourse, they´re seeking to get that base energy to flow to the head.
June 30, 2020 at 19:25
"He spoke of it openly to his followers and disciples."

No, I meant the Maithuna...sexual alchemy...
June 30, 2020 at 19:15
He spoke of it openly to his followers and disciples...

You can read it for yourself in the sutras.

Buddhism didn´t have "initiates" either, it was a religion open to any and all that chose to follow him. Any who wanted to choose the life of a monk or nun. Of course, him allowing women to join the Sangha to become a nun came much later.

He even spoke Pali so the common folk would better understand his teachings.,..it wasn´t only for the elite, well to-do of society...it was for anyone who sought the path to liberation.

June 30, 2020 at 19:11
"In many ways. The ascetic /monk life IS the personification of Saturn...Saturn resonating on the higher level - surrender -giving up and letting go to the earthy pleasures. The monks are living what Saturn truly represents daily. Discipline, hard work, surrender and sacrifice to the greater good...not sacrificing the *wrong* way."

Yes...the higher side of Capricorn as well.
June 30, 2020 at 19:09
I don´t think the Buddha would have spoken of such things openly, just as Jesus or Mohammed would not have...

It makes sense that such teachings were reserved for the highest initiates...the ones who had proven themselves...

I think all religions are the same at their core, and in their purpose...killing the ego or "Satan"... Perhaps packaged and presented differently according to the needs of the culture and people in which they arose...but the same at the core.

Some have just gone off the rails more than others...

Most have little to do with their original origins.

Buddhism still retains a rather clean presentation..

It is made fairly clear that spiritual growth can only be achieved through experience, not belief...hence reliance on an actual ACT...meditation... Instead of a "correct" belief system...

The value of experience over belief is stated in Christianity as well... Though it is much more veiled for some reason...
June 30, 2020 at 18:57
I don´t know, fish. In Theravada Buddhist teachings, Buddha taught only one way to moksha - meditation.

This is just my personal belief system..

There is no other way he taught that led to the path of liberation/enlightenment.

Of course the monks had / still have (but barely any follow anymore)223 precepts to also uphold while on the spiritual path..

Abstaining from a great many things laypeople take part in - plus meditation is the key to enlightenment - that he taught..

I personally, do not resonate with any religions other than Buddhism. Nothing ever made complete sense until I discovered this one...

In many ways. The ascetic /monk life IS the personification of Saturn...Saturn resonating on the higher level - surrender -giving up and letting go to the earthy pleasures. The monks are living what Saturn truly represents daily. Discipline, hard work, surrender and sacrifice to the greater good...not sacrificing the *wrong* way.

But ...everyone has their own personal religious /philiosophical / spiritual beliefs that by all means...if it works for them, keep at it..

I ain´t no hater.. ;)
June 30, 2020 at 18:47
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
Wow. Deep.

Too deep for the type of pathetic whining Scorpio imbeciles we get in here, sadly, I think.

It´s too bad, those insights would do most of them a lot of good, if only they could understand them.
June 30, 2020 at 18:40
I think the path to destroying the ego is a threefold process:

-Meditation
-Selfless service
-Authentic white tantra, aka the Maithuna, sexual alchemy... Or sexual "magic"... Although magic is somewhat of a misnomer... At least in terms of how we think of "magic" today.

Sexual magic involves sexual union but with complete elimination of the orgasm...

What drives us to achieve the orgasm is desire, lust...the root of the ego.

The serpent of the Garden of Eden...

So, the theory is that through the denial of the very root of the ego, in a very real and tangible sense, it is finally annihilated.

This makes sense to me.

Also illustrates the path of Scorpio/Pluto/the 8th house...where you choose to either annihilate the ego, or serve it.

Hence the Plutonian/Scorpionic associations with sex, lust, serpents, and death (succumbing to the ego is spiritual death, annihilating it is death followed by rebirth).
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »