One Cop´s viewpoint

June 11, 2020 at 11:57 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Del
One Cop´s viewpoint

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 12, 2020 at 13:03
(Aquarius) Aunt Clara
Brutal, but true. It used to be described as being "badge heavy". Very, very sad. The next question is, how are we going to change it? or are we? I see the same attitude in many people who let a little bit of power go to their head. :9:
June 12, 2020 at 10:10
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The comment section was very informative.

Many worded, well thought out posts.
June 11, 2020 at 19:10
(Taurus) nutelina » ram_goat
Glad someone wrote it down so well, I agree a 100%. The real story is the system, the cop is just chosing another role.
June 11, 2020 at 19:03
(Aries) ram_goat » ram_goat
But at the same time there is a reluctance among many blacks to change, to see progress.

There is a mindset that lives among them that is very wedded to historical trauma, victimhood, and their peculiar status and circumstances in the history of the Western Hemisphere. Though there seems to be a blind spot in the historical vision of black people, I have never seen blacks show any solidarity with the Irish who were quite literally, THE VERY FIRST PEOPLE BROUGHT TO AMERICA AS SLAVES. Jamestown. Nor have I ever seen any real shows of solidarity with the Indian groups indigenous to the Americas, who were enslaved before the importation of black people began, and whose deaths by maltreatment and disease drove the importation of African slaves as replacement workers in the erstwhile Spanish Empire (some parts of which are now part of the USA). No solidarity at all.

Bill Cosby was tarred and feathered for pointing out this "counter narrative" about the black mindset.. acutally any black who goes
against orthodoxy on this point usually gets similar treatment. Who can claim that is not an internal edifice of threat and intimidation within the black community? An intellectual variant of "nuck if you buck, boy..." Don´t break with orthodoxy.. or Harry Belafonte calling Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell, Bush´s "house n1ggers" in an interview on 60 minutes.

this is the cop version of that reluctance to change, but there is a similar mechanism
at work on the black side of things too.. Some of it is a historical and well earned "distrust of whitey"... but also some of it is just plain irrational, opposed to change and progress.

And to any cops who made it this far down, is this really the world you want to live in? Aren’t you tired of the trauma? Aren’t you tired of the soul sickness inherent to the badge? Aren’t you tired of looking the other way when your partners break the law? Are you really willing to kill the next George Floyd, the next Breonna Taylor, the next Tamir Rice? How confident are you that your next use of force will be something you’re proud of? I’m writing this for you too: it’s wrong what our training did to us, it’s wrong that they hardened our hearts to our communities, and it’s wrong to pretend this is normal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

YouTube
YouTube
June 11, 2020 at 18:51
(Aries) ram_goat
All those cop secrets have been common knowledge for decades, even outside cop circles.

What I find most interesting is that this guy also ties in, and speaks the unspeakable medusa faced truth about American society:

This is where we have to have the courage to ask: why do people rob? Why do they join gangs?..I submit to you that these are the results of living in a capitalist system that grinds people down and denies them housing, medical care, human dignity, and a say in their government. These are the results of white supremacy pushing people to the margins, excluding them, disrespecting them, and treating their bodies as disposable.

and...

Police officers do not protect and serve people, they protect and serve the status quo, “polite society”, and private property. Using the incremental mechanisms of the status quo will never reform the police because the status quo relies on police violence to exist. Capitalism requires a permanent underclass to exploit for cheap labor and it requires the cops to bring that underclass to heel.

In a sense, we are all n1ggers in this system... all trapped in the same system..

generational poverty, food insecurity, houselessness, and for-profit medical care are all problems that can be solved in our lifetimes by rejecting the dehumanizing meat grinder of capitalism and white supremacy. Once that’s done, we can work on the edge cases together, with clearer hearts not clouded by a corrupt system.
June 11, 2020 at 17:12
(Aquarius) Marc Sales
Yes, you really have a problem in your country.
Confession is a good start ...
June 11, 2020 at 14:38
(Scorpio) Del » leorising
My pleasure.
June 11, 2020 at 14:09
(Libra) leorising
thank you so much for sharing this subject! :68:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022