On Domicile/Adversity Exaltation/Depression.

May 28, 2020 at 17:40 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
On Domicile/Adversity Exaltation/Depression.
I want to discuss an issue about which there is much confusion: that is the difference between the duad of Domicile/Adversity vs Exaltation/Depression (fall)

First of all, we must discuss the Thema Mundi, the archetypal astrological chart, the one that the Ancients called the chart of the universe. It is from this chart that we can learn about rulerships (including why the so-called "outer planets are the rulers of no signs). We can also learn about the question of Domicile/Adversity and Exaltation/Depression

First, let us discuss these terms. When we say that a planet is in its own domicile, we mean that it is placed in the sign which it rules. Look at the Thema Mundi. The Moon´s domicile is in Cancer. The Sun´s domicile is in Leo.
The others are:

The domiciles of Mercury are Gemini/Virgo
The domiciles of Venus are Taurus Libra
The domiciles of Mars are Aries Scorpio
The domiciles of Jupiter are Pisces Sagitarius
The domiciles of Saturn are Aquarius Capricorn

So if you have Venus in Taurus in your chart, we say that Venus is in its own domicile.

Now do you see some logic to this thema mundi and the domiciles (signs) and the planets in them. The two luminaries (Sun, Moon) form the basis of the chart, and those planets closest to their light make up the subsequent domiciles (signs). I will write more on this later.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 2, 2020 at 18:22
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » DuncanUK
Saturn is a diurnal planet and is not at home in the feminine Capricorn sign in a nocturnal chart, he is exactly the opposite, but what do I know, I have only lived with it for 58 years?

I want to say something about this comment, and I don´t care that you have deleted your account because I have a sneaking suspicion that you´re a regular here under a different name.

You say that you´re 58 years old - I´m sorry that you found something I said in here to be of fault and/or worthy of critique in your opinion...and I am always open to and fully appreciative when any one who is of an elder to me wants me to grow & learn. If you think I should be aware of something, or I should know better, than perhaps you ought to demonstrate that behavior yourself, instead of condescending or patronizing others because of it.

Or are you implying that just because a person reaches a certain age that they themselves now have no room for fault any longer? They automatically stop learning and growing because they reached age 58? That you somehow stop making any mistakes at all in life because you reached your late 50s?

If you think you stop losing opportunities in life to continue to learn just because you´re 60, then maybe youre the one who should re-analyze your birthchart.
July 1, 2020 at 13:54
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Aleksi
Yes, I am a Hellenistic astrologer.

I think you´re reasoning is sound, however, it explains more about the relationship between Mercury and Jupiter in terms of why Mercury is in detriment in Sagittarius and why Jupiter is in detriment in Gemini; and Why Jupiter is also in detriment in Virgo and why Mercury is in detriment in Pisces.

However, I agree with you that Mercury is the neutral planet and is more adaptable by nature. For example, when he is in a night chart he joins the nocturnal sect. When he is in a day chart, he joins the diurnal sect.

For a good discussion about why Exaltations are in certain place, see: https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
June 29, 2020 at 09:25
(Cancer) Aleksi » ancient_astrology
Hello,

I enjoyed your planetary interpretations and sharing your knowledge on ancient astrology? Are you a Hellenistic astrologer?
I was just curious how would you explain the fact that No planet is exalted or in fall in Gemini?

What comes to my mind, is the nature of Mercury, Hermes the Trixter , he shapeshifts and changes according to the environment (hence Gemini´s reputation for being shifty and changing their mind). Unlike Jupiter who has opinions and strong believes about right and wrong,the nature of Mercury is fluid , hence he doesn´t like it in Jupiter´s court-Sagittarius...
June 28, 2020 at 09:42
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » ancient_astrology
Wonderful lesson Ancient Astrology. Took me a bit to fully digest it all, but the timing is good! My mars is in adversity and frankly I need to get over it and this helps. I missed your posts and the gift of knowledge in them!

I’d also didn’t consider that yea, it’s great to have a planet in domicile but different aspects will affect it. It’s a nice gentle reminder to myself to consider the big picture and not get too focused on the details that it’s detrimental.

“However, all is not lost when Venus finds herself in Aries or Scorpio, or when Mars finds himself in Libra or Taurus. For a while they can have torrid sex :)“

:61: :75: Silver lining! Huzzah!
June 28, 2020 at 06:28
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » MarvinReal
Marvin....go on Amazon and search Capt sure no kill mouse traps. Buy them and bait them with peanut butter.

Catch and release.

Tuesday is an always kill mouse trap....it’s her genetic programming. She is good at killing small rodents. You don’t have too.
Login
(Log in)
June 27, 2020 at 23:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » RohiniMoon
System message: Post has been written by user DuncanUK, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Saturn is a diurnal planet and is not at home in the feminine Capricorn sign in a nocturnal chart, he is exactly the opposite, but what do I know, I have only lived with it for 58 years?
June 8, 2020 at 18:33
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » MarvinReal
Wait... That´s wrong...

It points her to the 7th house again...

Something is up with her 7th house...

Rahu IS pointing there and and this Technique is also pointing there...

Thats 4 things pointing to her 7th house....
June 8, 2020 at 18:22
Interesting....

https://youtu.be/3B-gjM9fMMA
YouTube
YouTube
June 8, 2020 at 18:21
From Quora...

"Arudha Lagna can be calculated as follows, Count the house from Lagna to the house where Lagna lord is placed. Then count same many numbers from the Lagna lord sign to get Arudha Lagna. For example for Aries Lagna if Mars is in 5th house Leo, now count 5 from Leo will give Saggitarius. So Sagittarius is the Arudha Lagna.

There is an exception devised by some school of thoughts if in case Arudha Lagna becomes 1st house or 7th house then consider Arudha Lagna to be 10th house from the corresponding house. For example, if Leo is the ascendant and its lord occupies own house. Then counting 1 from the Leo will again give Leo as Arudha Lagna, in this scenario the Arudha Lagna will be 10th house from Leo, ie: Taurus.

There is another way to calculate accurate Arudha Lagna with the degree of the ascendant, for example if the ascendant is Aries(18 degrees) and its lord Mars occupies the 2nd house Taurus(55 degrees) then by normal calculation the Arudha Lagna will be Gemini(counting 1 sign from Taurus). But according to the calculation based on degrees of the planet, it will be Cancer(ie; 55 + (55–18) = 92 degrees which will fall in Cancer).

Having said that, our Rishis didn’t confuse with all these details. Their definition is pretty simple,

Count the house from Lagna to the house where Lagna lord is placed. Then count same many numbers from the Lagna lord sign to get Arudha Lagna.

Coming to the significance of Arudha Lagna, In my experience the Arudha Lagna has important significance in determining financial outset of the native. Generally Arudha Lagna falling Kendra(1,4,7,10) or Trikona(1,5,9) or upachaya(3,6,10,11) will be good for financial status."
June 8, 2020 at 18:20
Using another Vedic technique...

"Aruda Lagna" states that the queen would have a high rise due to how people saw the queen...

Interesting

*Edit... That´s wrong... It´s not pointing to the 10th house using this technique... It´s pointing to the 7th house.... Again... *
June 7, 2020 at 19:44
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » MarvinReal
He was a proper Jerry then!
June 7, 2020 at 19:34
(Virgo) MarvinReal » bluerosepetals
Thanks Lune, I love Tom and Jerry. Yeah, I was thinking how smart that super mouse is.
:74:
June 7, 2020 at 19:09
You´re giving this guy some ideas... 👇
Login
(Log in)
June 7, 2020 at 19:06
And I thought I was into freaky kinky stuff...

So you get off on eating rat turds :4: :61:
June 7, 2020 at 18:12
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » MarvinReal
:92:
Login
(Log in)
June 7, 2020 at 18:09
(Virgo) MarvinReal » Iceblu333
You would be surprised, but yes. Few months ago was the same problem and mouse ate crumbs on a floor, and made holes in my bags with food, and I had to dispose it. Luckily I didn´t had much food at home, because of coronavirus´ empty shops.
:4:
June 7, 2020 at 17:32
I hope it took a dump in your cornflakes first...

Did you find some black pellets in your teeth this morning?
June 7, 2020 at 16:41
(Virgo) MarvinReal » RohiniMoon
June 7, 2020 at 15:36
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » MarvinReal
I sincerely hope you´re joking and that isn´t what you´re doing to a mouse.
June 7, 2020 at 06:40
(Virgo) MarvinReal » MarvinReal
June 7, 2020 at 06:39
(Virgo) MarvinReal » MarvinReal
Any advice how to kill it softly? :11:
YouTube
YouTube
June 7, 2020 at 06:38
Ha, ok
June 7, 2020 at 06:37
(Virgo) MarvinReal » Iceblu333
:46: :21:
June 7, 2020 at 06:32
Context...

The girl doing the killing was kepted in a cage in the basement of her father´s house while her twin got to live a normal life...

Thier father was a Psychologist who was experimenting with thier personalities and Ect... He made it so no one knew that he had 2 daughters...

Well, she snapped and killed them both.

And then took on the identity of the other twin....

:4:

If only she had been born into another family... Lol
June 7, 2020 at 06:22
Nikita spoiler...

Don´t watch if you are currently watching Nikita. :4:

https://youtu.be/f4FmHmZEzCw
YouTube
YouTube
Posts: 179-155 154-130 129-105 104-80 79-55 54-30 29-5 4-1
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment