Am doomed? (Sun 8th house)

May 22, 2020 at 22:24 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Junia
Am doomed? (Sun 8th house)
This is my first message here and i am still Trying to learn Astrology. I have a Question, since i have sun in 8th house, am i basically destined towards to suffer in life? I feel that i have already suffered enough and have for a while hoper for a better life. Is there anything positive at all that i can hope for?

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/h…=

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 24, 2020 at 15:51
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
Edited *
May 24, 2020 at 15:50
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Junia
That is why I´m saying your Sun/Mercury conjunction is very important because it disposits Rahu.

A fated event.

So no, you are not doomed, your chart just seems to be set up for a fated event with your chart set up.

But like I said, I can only read charts when I´m drunk. Someone else will have to look into that for you.

Also, take what I say with a grain of salt. I´m still learning.

Ttyl.
May 24, 2020 at 15:48
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » N_thecat
8th house poem for our pessimistic Mercury xD

Mad Girl´s Love Song

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead;
I lift my lids and all is born again.
(I think I made you up inside my head.)

The stars go waltzing out in blue and red,
And arbitrary blackness gallops in:
I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.

I dreamed that you bewitched me into bed
And sung me moon-struck, kissed me quite insane.

God topples from the sky, hell´s fires fade:
Exit seraphim and Satan´s men:

I fancied you´d return the way you said,
But I grow old and I forget your name.

I should have loved a thunderbird instead;
At least when spring comes they roar back again.

by Sylvia Plath

Everything is cool when we can make jokes about that 8th house.;)
May 24, 2020 at 15:45
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Junia
I haven´t checked your progressions but I´m assuming Saturn will progress into the 7th if it hasn´t already because it is basically conjunct your Descendant natally.

I bet you are lazy for now... Loving the home life. Ketu in 4th.

During your Saturn return or around ages 22 (Saturn square Saturn) then 27 (Saturn return), something may happen to push you towards Rahu in 10th... Career/status

But that´s just a guess. I can only read charts when I´m drunk. So I´ll let someone else look at it...
May 24, 2020 at 15:02
(Gemini) Junia » N_thecat
Hello. Thank you for the good answer.

I will hopefully not look upon life in a pessimistic way from this day now, and actually I have been very future-optimistic before too, almost a little naive. But, after the answers in this topic I am not so frightened anymore. I was frightened at first after hearing that this house was the worst house of them all and having soul purpose in this house made the most difficult of lives.

I didn’t mention mars in 8th house because I didn’t know what it does there. I am pretty new to astrology reading, have only learned it in a couple of months, so I still have trouble understanding it. But what you’re telling that it makes people, brave, well I would say I am brave. I am at least intellectually brave x) so in that sense that would make sense.

However, I have been more optimistic after learning about Saturns cycle from a source I found in this forum. (Link: https://www.astrologysoftware.com/d… page ~676 and forwards)
and it says that Saturn goes into different stages at different ages depending on where it sat when you where born. My Saturn sat on the descendant, so according to this I had a happy childhood (which is true, I remember my childhood as the most happy time in my life) and then it went downhill for about 14 years (4th and 1st sector), which is true to my life too. I had the most lonely life during my teenage years. So now I am 21 and right now the Saturn soon will transit IC and 4th house which means that it will go to 3rd sector and this will be a time of optimism, “building on yourself” and confidence-making. So this makes me optimistic.
May 24, 2020 at 12:15
(Pisces) N_thecat » N_thecat
It´s funny you didn´t mention that you have Mars in the 8th house...

Because the energy of this house always expresses itself a bit different, depending on the planet you have there.

And just like the Sun in the 8th house is usually subtle, the area of the 8th house gets clearer, more intense colors with planets like Venus or Mars there. :3:

Venus or Mars in 8th is very heavy energy...No, not bad, but with subjects of the 8th house, it´s very easy to cross the line there...

I have Venus in the 8th house, so I know what I´m talking about :1:

I usually associate Mars in the 8th house with the "fight to the death" Your Sun conjunct Mars aspect changes the picture I made earlier... I see most people with this aspect as competitive, brave people.

But it´s just a piece of your chart...

If something gives you a pessimistic attitude... It´s Mercury in 8th house. I have this placement too, and I know where my depressive moods come from.
May 24, 2020 at 12:11
(Pisces) N_thecat
Doomed? If you say you´re doomed, then...You´re doomed. That´s what you believe, that´s what you choose.
No one should say that...

I don´t want to comfort you in a stupid way, because you know best what all this ( your experience from the past),took out of you.

Yes, some people have a difficult charts and it can really look like their chart only confirms their sad life full of suffering and struggle... But do you accept this way of looking at reality?

Most people don´t.

And how to explain that people with almost identical charts have different experience?

You won´t find two identical lives and astrology is no help or obstacle. You should make your own choices, no matter what astrology or other sources say about it.

Of course you can treat astrology as a helpful source, where you will find some tips or even warnings, but you cannot look at it as a self-fulfilling prophecy.

This is not a well full of bad spells...

I think so.

I don´t see anything wrong with the Sun in the 8th house. I always feel attracted to Sun in 8th :27:

People with the Sun in the 8th house are usually subtle and very reflective. They´re not hyperoptimistic, but I wouldn´t call them somber either. A lot depends on the Sun sign, too.

It´s very valuable placement to me :1:
May 24, 2020 at 07:57
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » Morena_Lu
This is hillarious 🤣🤣🤣
May 24, 2020 at 07:04
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Luna Alba
:4:
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 24, 2020 at 06:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
8th house is intimacy, death, rebirth.
There is no house for suffering.
What refers to specifically suffering is Chiron...

We all have one, and we all suffer in life. Some more obvious than others.
We all must learn from it, no need to be so depressed.
Is what it is yo, accept that life is pain and move on. But from that pain can come joy too, plus, how can you appreciate joy, if you never experienced pain? Agony even. :122: :83:
May 24, 2020 at 06:29
(Gemini) Junia » Iceblu333
Hmm, Saturn is in my 6th house, not the 7th. So maybe that means that I have problems regarding work? I am pretty lazy but I am doing my best.

Btw, thank you so much for all the replies! It gave me new insight ❤️
May 24, 2020 at 04:55
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » Morena_Lu
Kidding? What´s that? 🤣

*the serious Cap is asking now 🐐
May 23, 2020 at 23:35
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Saturns placement is also very important... Hmm.

Gemini, 3rd House, Mercury, Saturn ruling the 3rd house and it´s placement... Hmmm

OH well... I can´t read it when I´m sober...

Hopefully someone else will chime in and check for you.
May 23, 2020 at 23:26
(Taurus) Iceblu333
Gemini or 3rd house or mercury (including virgo) for some reason is important for you...

That´s just a glance at your chart.
May 23, 2020 at 23:25
(Taurus) Iceblu333
That Sun Mercury conjunction in the 8th house is career related.

It may give you an unexpected boost in career being that they disposit Rahu.

You may have trouble with your relationships however...

There is a pattern of 3 and 8 in your chart going on...

Those houses and signs are important for some reason...

But no, you are not doomed... Rahu seems to be pushing you towards high status/career.

Saturn is giving you trouble with other people however... Relationships and it is your 3rd house ruler... Interesting....

But who knows you may end up being thier boss... Lol.

But in short. No you are not doomed.

Try having Ketu in the 10th... Sheesh... It hasn´t been fun...
May 23, 2020 at 22:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user AdeptMagician, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Sun in the 8th house is great for studying the occult and also dealing with other people´s money. It depends on how your sun is aspected though how it will play out. If the sun is well aspected, it could mean you´ll just have a very sexual life with a lot of free money from others. 🤑😁 If it´s poorly aspected then you might end up in debt and needing to go through a lot of stuff to transform. But yeah, the point is that the house placement alone doesn´t mean you´ll have a good or bad life. Having said that though, from my experience the people with 12th and 6th house suns tend to be more miserable than those with the sun in the 8th. The 8th house is not a bad house per se like the cadent 6th and 12th are.
May 23, 2020 at 20:22
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Luna Alba
Luna, I think he´s kidding. :))
May 23, 2020 at 20:19
(Virgo) rohini moon » Luna Alba
Depends on what sign it falls in in the 5th house.

Sun generally is good though, yes, in the fifth - natural fifth house is Leo ruled by the Sun. So it does feel at home there..

I have the sun in Capricorn in the fifth in my D9 chart.
May 23, 2020 at 20:18
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Morena_Lu
Mercury in the 8th house

"The 8th house is an intuitive house therefore, although you may become fascinated with theories that explain why and how people think: Psychology, religion, criminology, science, spirituality and even Astrology- this is all a tool for you to try and understand what you simply already know. Your thinking is not rational and almost supernatural. Whatever rational tool you use to explain and create order- don’t forget that. After all, real healing can’t take place when not facing what is really there.

Growing up, you just knew more than was said or explained to you. You knew what members of the family were concerned about, their worries and fears. Being young, you didn’t have the words or full understanding necessary to express what you found out. This may have created patterns of repressing your thoughts as they caused anxiety. You were also exposed to secrets and topics that you couldn’t fully digest and had to repress. It is possible adults could sense your mature grasp of their situation. Some adults use children with this Mercury as their therapists: telling them all their problems. While others, fear and punish these children for knowing their secrets.

Which one was it? For whatever pattern played out, you still learned that your thoughts are…Dangerous. You didn’t know why, but you knew you had to start hiding them from others or someone will get hurt. You may have experienced, that your words can deeply hurt others and have shied away from expressing your ideas.

As you grew older, you started to learn how to put your intuitive knowing into words, images or some other form that others could grasp. That is why fields that study human behavior are very appealing to you personally, they help you make sense and order inside the turmoil and chaos in your mind. Remember, this is an emotional space for Mercury to be, therefore a search for order and healing is such a large part of your journey.

It is important for you to not get too tied to old ways of thinking. Just because in the past, something you said or though created a painful situation doesn’t mean it will always be so. Try new ways of thinking and learn to detach from thoughts that create fear.

On some deep level, you believe there is something flawed or even crazy about your mind. Again, this is simply a misunderstanding from the past.

I believe, the problem is not only those past situations where you hurt others or they hurt you. Rather, the problem is that you know within that you hold great power. This power scares you as they are afraid unleashing it will create destruction. This is the typical Plutonian problem. In the case of mercury, it can be dealt with through expression. Look at the sign and aspects of your Mercury to find where you can let out steam in a positive way.

Because you repress thoughts that bother you, eventually they must come out. In that, your Mercury is highly creative. It has a lot of energy to unleash into this world. This energy can be used to create something new. Usually, I find Mercury in the 8th house people, do best when they express what they need to in order to feel good and cleanse the toxic waste of years of painful words and ideas. So once you work in a selfish manner, you become a canvas for new creations that others can appreciate.

Your mind tends to work in cycles and patterns. Once you have an idea of experience you never forget it and simply keep adding more to it during life. This goes for both positive happy memories and some difficult ones. You are good at analyzing almost anything and can make a great researcher. The key is…What you research must have “meat” to it. The Virgo can analyze dry number sand figures, but you?

You need to be fascinated and engaged. Naturally, human emotions are attractive. But what you might find it, you can be just as engaged with anything else if you find how. I mention this because it might prove helpful for you to find a positive focus- instead of the unsteady ocean of humanity.

If you find yourself overwhelmed, just engage with something harmless. Your mind is like an engine in need of fuel and you can’t go for long periods of time without intense probing.

The other extreme is also likely; you might find that after periods of “detoxing” your ways of thinking you need something new to be interested in. You might jump into whatever presents itself…You are always on the hunt.

Again, if you forget you are driven by intuition (it is very easy to do so), you might end up drowning in your new subject of obsession.

Many 8th house Mercury people, end up making themselves their prime subject of research…working on healing their mind and transforming their way of expression. In part, because of bad experiences in childhood and in part, because they are motivated to seek the root of everything. Subjects that are endless are the most attractive: the occult, spirituality, god, science and anything that can’t be fully understood."

Mars in the 8th house

Natives having Mars in the 8th House possess an ego that either consciously or unconsciously forces them to always transform themselves. They can be greatly influenced by others to become completely different people.

It’s possible for them to argue over possessions or property, so they should carefully analyze what they really want and need in life, because they can fight over money even with their partner. A little bit of compromise and more communication regarding what they possess can help them have better relationships.

If they want to change, they should just let go of things that cease to be important to them.

Expressing their ego through sex, they’re very intense when it comes to lovemaking, so many people see them just as very skilled lovers.

They may have great passion for research and discovering solutions to puzzles or mysteries, which means they’d make great private detectives or scientists. Coming across what’s hidden is their favorite thing to do in life.

Their main problem is always money, so having a partner or spouse who can help them from a financial point of view would be their dream come true.

Their greatest asset is the way they decide on things in the spur of a moment and how they rely on their instincts, because these always seem to guide them in the right direction.

If they don’t resist their impulsive tendencies to just buy when at shopping, they will definitely have big problems with paying back for their credit cards.

Very attracted to the occult and the spiritual world, they will explore all kind of mysteries and paranormal activities. It’s easy for them to help others change or heal, because they can inspire people to find their strength within and overcome painful situations.

As a matter of fact, one of their main purpose in life is to find the power within themselves and to live at their full potential."
May 23, 2020 at 20:11
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » Leo Moon
Isn´t a 5th house Sun suppossed to make you lucky in love/very creative ?

Seems like a fortunate position...what makes you think otherwise? 🤓
May 23, 2020 at 20:09
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
You are not doomed, you can use power of the 8th house to transform your life.
YouTube
YouTube
May 23, 2020 at 06:29
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
No. You are not doomed. No one is doomed.

The 8th house is simply representative of what’s underneath. The depths, the subconscious drives.

It’s not necessarily negative to have the Sun in the 8th house.

Heck, I wish I had my Sun in the 8th house instead of the 5th which just makes me a silly ass.

Seriously.....Sun in the 8th is absolutely not a “ doomed “ aspect.

Unless You want it to be.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »