House of Home and Family Question

May 22, 2020 at 12:24 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) RunnerChic85
House of Home and Family Question
Hi everyone, Happy Friday 😀

I know everyone says the 4th house represents the the family/home we grew up in, but which house represents the home life of our spouse and children we’re raising? Would that be the 4th house as well? I’ve heard different opinions. I’m asking because the home life of the family I’m raising is way different than the family life I grew up in (I do have Pluto in the 4th, planet of transformation). I’d also like to know, so I can work with the positive traits of that house or place on my chart to be the best mother I can be, and work through any challenging aspects.

Thanks in advance!

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 22, 2020 at 22:26
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » hh
Yeah that’s another thing I was hoping to shed light on—wondering what kind of environment I’m creating, or have a tendency to create, in terms of family/home in my adult life.

When I take a look at my kids birth charts, each one has a different 4th house—interesting, I guess it’s all up to perception, or maybe I’m providing differently for each based on different needs...for example, my oldest son is really hard on himself and sensitive. I tend to be very nurturing to him. He has Cancer on the IC. My youngest daughter is very silly and playful, so I go with it—she has Gemini on the IC.
May 22, 2020 at 22:20
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » nikkia
Not raising kids that I didn’t give birth to, but didn’t know that about step children and the 11th house. I have a friend who’s starting to get into astrology, and there are step kids, so this is good info to pass onto her 😀

If 5th house is your children, mine is an interesting scenario. I have Saturn there, which many people would say delays or restricts the number of children—not true in my case. My oldest child is very Saturnian though, very hard-worker, serious... and he’s a Capricorn.
May 22, 2020 at 21:02
(Scorpio) darkneptune
What does South Node in Capricorn in 4th house represents?
May 22, 2020 at 20:33
(Aquarius) nikkia » hh
Omg, this finally makes sense! I always counted from Zero and this never worked !! I always got 2nd from the 1st as the 3ed --- Wrong ! hahahaha
Counting from 1 when a child is born. Got it. Thanks, hh.
May 22, 2020 at 19:31
(Aries) hh » nutelina
its easier to understand when starting from 1st. so whats 2nd from the 1st? the 2nd. whats 2nd from the 2nd, the 3rd. etc.

so whats fourth from aries? the fourth sign (cancer)

also ancient societies never started from zero. they started from 1. so when a child is born, it starts at 1.
May 22, 2020 at 19:25
(Aries) nutelina » hh
Why you start counting that way?
May 22, 2020 at 19:07
(Aries) hh » nutelina
you start counting from 7th as one and so 8th is 2nd 9th is 3rd and 10th is 4th
May 22, 2020 at 18:50
(Aries) nutelina » fishscales
>If you want to see your husband´s home life from his perspective as your partner, look at your 10th house (4th house from your 7th)

Um isn´t 7+4 = 11?
May 22, 2020 at 15:30
(Libra) leorising » fishscales
I had hoped that my family that I raised from a wedding would be my 10th home in taurus. I believe that it is much easier to live there than in my 4 th house in scorpio :68:
May 22, 2020 at 15:27
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » fishscales
Thank you—that makes sense—didn’t know what other house the home life of the kids I’m raising would fall into.

I was raised in a very strict home, wasn’t an only child, but raised like one, since my brother left for the military when I was 5. Perfection was expected of me—I have a Virgo cusp 4th H.

Today, I am more of my kids’ encourager, but don’t expect perfection, and I’m definitely not strict—I’m more like my Libra moon—peace, harmony, and fairness—especially fairness since I have 4 kids. I am the family’s scheduler/bookkeeper though—so still have some Virgo, just transformed. Lastly, I have Planet Pluto-the transformer 😀

Interesting about seeing husband’s home life from his perspective—my 10th H cusp is Pisces!
May 22, 2020 at 15:27
(Aries) hh
i dont believe you can see the lives of others in your own chart (at least not future, past like parents and ancestors, yes). doesnt make sense and reeks of predestination. to see anothers home life, you simply have to look at their charts 4th house.

to see your husbands home life after he gets married, one would look at his 4th house of D9 navamsa chart.

your 4th house is your upbringing, not your childrens or the family you create, that would be the 5th house for you.
May 22, 2020 at 12:53
(Pisces) fishscales
The 4th represents early home life, but also our current and future home life...that sounds pretty muddled, but think of all that is represented by the sign on your 4th house, and the planets that reside in it...

Circumstances and energies evolve (or devolve) and change too...for ex, Saturn in the 4th could manifest negatively during childhood, but more positively during adulthood, or vice versa... But bottom line, it´s still Saturn.

So, your 4th house represents your past, current, and future home life...which, if you live with people, includes those people as well, and how they impact your home life...my point here is that the 4th represents your home life from your perspective...

If you want to see your husband´s home life from his perspective as your partner, look at your 10th house (4th house from your 7th)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »