Intercepted Houses

May 19, 2020 at 14:10 (UT/GMT)
(Virgo) MetaEyesOpen
Intercepted Houses
While I know what the term Intercepted Houses means (the native has 2 signs that are not house cusps in the Placidus system, these signs are “skipped” and fall completely within houses of their neighboring signs) I do not understand what the repercussions of this happening are.

What happens when you have heavy placements in an intercepted house?

Since we just had the nodal shift from Cancer/Capricorn to Gemini/Sagittarius, what does that mean for someone with heavy Sagittarius placements in the 5th?

How does retrograde Venus in Gemini affect someone with an intercepted Gemini 11th House?

The chart isn’t mine, it’s my partners. I’m hoping to gain more understanding of what his reality/experience is like since he isn’t the most communicative of men about his inner world (Capricorn Moon 😤)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 24, 2020 at 19:22
(Aquarius) nikkia
MetalEyesOpen,

I´ve been asking and searching for answers to these questions, too.
And more questions just like them.

Your partner and I share many of the same astrological dilemmas.

So far, I have found that even the most experienced astrologers haven´t come up with viable answers or solutions to these particular chart complexities.

My search continues because I have no choice - it´s my natal, even if it´s a labyrinth wrapped in a mind-meld.

That´s why no one is coming forward with answers.

May 24, 2020 at 09:21
(Scorpio) Del
The Moon doesn´t rule a house and it is in an intercepted sign. So you may be a bit invisible. OR you help people, yet noone ask you if you need help.
May 23, 2020 at 10:40
(Virgo) MetaEyesOpen » dani_mae1
Thank you for sharing! I’ll check it out soon! 🤗
May 23, 2020 at 10:39
(Virgo) MetaEyesOpen » Marc Sales
I apologize for not uploading the chart properly to give you a full picture of what I’m asking about. I appreciate you taking the time to give such detailed answers 🙏🏼
May 22, 2020 at 23:05
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » nikkia
"and that as a woman you pay more" ears "to this relationship."

Yes, you hear that relationship since there is a sextile aspect between the Moon and Saturn-Mars (I mean you are aware).

And with respect to the term "Animus", you can replace it, if you want, with "the inherent character of the masculine (in the case) or feminine (in the other case) referred to the soul (as polarity) in an astral theme ...
May 22, 2020 at 20:12
(Aquarius) nikkia » Marc Sales
Hi Marc,

"as a woman you pay more "ears" to this relationship." I´m sorry, I do not understand what this phrase means. Does it mean that I don´t listen?
Or that only listen?

The words Animus /Anima are among my least favorite terms ever created by man.
I´ve had enough of Jung to last a lifetime! :24: Can we use another other terms for these energies, please?

Yes, I´d love to explore Intercepted Jupiter and solo-Neptune. Approved!

I am trying to learn HOW and WHERE these energies flow and interact.
May 22, 2020 at 09:28
"My natal Moon in the 3ed - lends more energy to Saturn and the IC? From here, I can see how this represents my family? Is this correct?
If so, I see it. EEK. Not pretty. Make total sense. I can figure this out on my own. I see it already."

It simply means that your Moon, "your attention" (your female Animus) is in conversation with what Saturn-Mars implies and that as a woman you pay more "ears" to this relationship.
Remember that the Sun represents the male Animus and that for you as a woman it can be more represented by the father, brothers, children, lovers, etc.
Regarding your theme, which I forgot to comment, you should pay close attention to the aspect between Jupiter and Neptune since the first is your ruler. It is a complicated aspect to deal with because of being in relation to the regent ... but I wait for your approval to be able to deal with this issue ...
May 22, 2020 at 01:06
Thank you for this, Marc.

So, let me see if I understood your explanation to Question #1.

I look to the relationship between the Moon - cusp ruler of the 8th, and Saturn- cusp ruler of the 2ed to see how they communicate? Is this correct? If so, this helps tremendously.

My natal Moon in the 3ed - lends more energy to Saturn and the IC?
From here, I can see how this represents my family? Is this correct?
If, so this makes total sense. I can figure this out on my own. I see it already.

Yes, my ´revolutionary´ ways is my lone voice in the crowd.
Of course it´s is repressed - but not by me - by society at large.
I am waiting for the world to catch-up. Damn it! It hasn´t. Not yet, anyway. It will. I may not live to see it, though.

I will keep the health issues of Jupiter/Sun in mind.
There´s two things I see. I think I already know how I will die. So, this also makes perfect sense! Uranus will also play a role. It will be a sudden death.

Have I processed your explanation to Question #1 well enough?

Yes, Marc !!! I am also aware that Jupiter - ruler of my ASC - is an Intercepted planet, too. What´s up with that?

Do you want to tackle this type chart dilemma?

I´ll go check out the Joan Baez thread in the meantime. Thank you, again.
May 21, 2020 at 22:54
I could give the example (different from yours) of Joan Baez that I also commented on the forum: his interception in 1 and 7 of Aries and Libra, although their planets are well raised on the subject .. !!
But she is not Aries ascendant !!!
May 21, 2020 at 22:45
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » Marc Sales
And you certainly must analyze in detail the meanings of Aquarius and Leo, but not from the external and dual perspective, but to get an internal "idea" of what these energies represent within you and perhaps use some "symbolic" means to relate both signs in a non "dual" way, if your work is correct you will notice a "rush" of adrenaline and energy, to use it without restrictions ...

And I mean that this "complex" can be treated relatively well in a psychological consultation and more now that Uranus transits through Taurus, here in Spain we say "catch the bull by the horns" ... מזל טוב
May 21, 2020 at 22:31
Technically, as I explained before, it would be good to start with the rulers: Cancer for VIII and Saturn for II and later for Sol-Uranus.
In the first case, you have the advantage of having the Moon (at 3), although on the way to IV (at the top) and connected to Saturn. This leads me to think of the traditional family "poso" (which I don´t mean to say it´s bad.)
In the second case, which is the one that interests you (for the Sun and Uranus as well) and for the planetary grouping in Aquarius, I assume that it is your "revolutionary" idiosyncracy, your way of feeling injustices and reacting against them in some possible way. by yourself. But we say that they are somehow repressed (by interception). What can this give ?? especially tension, since it is not easy to constructively channel that energy, which is undoubtedly related to the will (fixed signs). Physically keep in mind especially the blood circulation (by Aquarius). Jupiter thus does not help much even in conjunction because everything he touches exaggerates ...
Of course, by transits and progressions these planets also "evolve" (they do not leave you breathless), possibly the tense aspects give you more "headaches" than others, but you are not completely prevented from analyzing your own signs and coming up with the correct inner answers, only it will possibly take you longer ...

More or less that is what I see ... am I doing well, do you have any doubts?
Any personal aspect to which you have ties and you want us to analyze it further ...?
May 21, 2020 at 22:02
Thank you ! I´ll try to keep simple.

Here goes question number 1:

~When 2 Intercepted Signs have their rulers in Mutual Reception and both rulers are debilitated - and one is retro (Sun and Uranus Rx) AND Uranus Rx is also the sun sign ruler and it is also un-aspected, how are all these factors pulled together and delineated?

(Welcome to my world, Marc !)

The natal configuration generates this question... so, it not my fault... but I´m sorry, anyway ! The other questions are not as bad. Promise.
May 21, 2020 at 19:47
Sure, of course .....! (if they are not very elaborate and I can answer ... in detail ..)
May 21, 2020 at 19:35
Thank you for this very clear explanation.

I´ve been struggling to make sense of my chart and cannot seem to grasp the implications of my intercepted signs, planets, retrogrades, and nodes. I´ve searched and searched.

I have a dozen questions about this subject.

If I were to post my questions, would you be willing to answer them?
May 20, 2020 at 12:17
(Taurus) dani_mae1
I found this and it helped me understand my intercepted houses and how to break through their blockages:

https://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/…
May 20, 2020 at 09:26
(Aquarius) Marc Sales
Under the Placidus system, this characteristic can occur at high or low latitudes because the sky-ground pattern does not move at the same speed. In fact, with property, one should speak of "Intercepted Signs" and not of intercepted houses because they all have their cusp in some sign.
Now, how to interpret this characteristic?
The presence of planets within intercepted signs acquires additional relevance.
Intercepted planets:
Its potential does not flow smoothly or naturally.
Its action depends on two planets: the ruler of the top of the house and the ruler of the intercepted sign.
Its expression to develop and integrate certain functions of the personality is hampered in some way.
And at the same time the house or houses that said planet is affected.

The intercepted signs are not inactive, and even more so if they contain planets that we will call intercepted planets. The intercepted signs correspond, in general, to blocks and rejections. In Psychological Astrology they are called "complexes", since they are not perceived from the conscious. They represent values ​​that must be developed, a field of difficult experiences or more work to carry out.
If the Moon, the Sun or the ruler of Asc. Are intercepted, there will be difficulties in finding or clarifying the path in one´s life.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »