Reverse engineering a chart

May 14, 2020 at 18:10 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) Del
Reverse engineering a chart
For about a year and a half I have been playing with reverse engineering a chart. Which lead me to this site.

What I have found is that with any two planets and the ascendant it is possible to work out the date and time for the chart. The place isn´t unique though since the ascendant is the path of the Sun. And more than one location will work. Although the cities lie on a curve.

I have done a few they are time intensive at least they are for me.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 16, 2020 at 18:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Reverse Engineering of Birth Chart
Finding Time & Place from Chart
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/r…
May 16, 2020 at 17:58
(Taurus) nutelina » MarvinReal
>experimental compatibility reverse search

You mean a tool to find the best match? :4: I´d like that too but on further thought I think there needs to be more input: transits. I think many times it´s more about the right time than the best compatibility. At least women seem to work that way.
May 16, 2020 at 09:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Petr9
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Did you already made such reverse search engine for getting a date of birth from a birth chart, Petr? I remember you said so somewhere before. Where is that feature hidden now?

Also, how is going that experimental compatibility reverse search? Any beta testing invitations?

Thank you for efforts on the building it.
May 15, 2020 at 11:13
(Scorpio) Del » Petr9
Yes it was trial and error. Oddly enough the first two times someone gave me the two planets and the ascendant I got the city right within in 80 miles(100k).

The last time I attempted i found two cities. I was attempting to reverse engineer the chart with just the Sun and the ascendant. I can determine the ST within about 6 minutes. However I haven´t figured out a way to tell if the remaining difference in the Sun´s position is due to Lat or years. It was worth the time because I have a seen in a practical way how Lat time and the sun interact. I will try it with your formula. If I can get it to work with two planets. I might try with the Sun and the ascendant.

Thank for the ASC formula, Petr.
May 15, 2020 at 08:54
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » Del
Hi Del,

yes - two planets with the exact SECONDS position can do the job finding the exact time of birth :15:

But I rather placed these 3 planets Sun/Moon/Saturn into this reverse search calculator, because many people don´t know the exact SECONDS placement ... and this trio Sun/Moon/Saturn can find at least the DAY of BIRTH, even if you enter just the planet °Degrees (without Minutes´ and without Seconds´´)

Finding place of birth is pretty tough nut to crack - and I can´t even imagine do it without MC
(ASC equation formula relies on MC/RAMC ... and there would be lots of ambiguous Lat/Long combinations which would fit it)

ASC = ARCCOT (- ( (TAN f x SIN e) + (SIN RAMC x COS e) ) ÷ COS RAMC)
May 15, 2020 at 01:39
(Scorpio) Del » IIyyaarr13
I don´t understand what you mean.
May 15, 2020 at 00:39
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » Del
MC, why did you have to get me started on the Mid-Heaven?
According to Placidean charting my mother has Ascendant and MC forming a double biquintile to :199:, she can not possibly have a more powerful harmonic five chart than my father, so English equal-house MC being 90 dg. from Ascendant is how I draw her chart! :78:
Planets will parallel that MC it isn´t the shortest path to the top of the atmosphere! However it is simpler than what most people are doing!
May 14, 2020 at 23:04
(Scorpio) Del » Chadjames
To do it you need the degree minutes and seconds of all three. It takes me a few hours to figure out the place though. And I don´t have a lot of spare time at the moment. The other thing I have noticed is that charts don´t repeat. If you take a chart and keeping adding a year. it changes. You can get either the ascendant or the Sun to return back to it´s initial place. but not both. So it would appear that charts don´t repeat.
May 14, 2020 at 19:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Soooo, Saturn and Uranus with ASC??
May 14, 2020 at 19:13
(Scorpio) Del » ram_goat
I use both. However it is not easy without the MC. Since you can figure the date but not the place.
May 14, 2020 at 18:13
(Aries) ram_goat
Using paper and pencil? Using a computer to do the grunt work it should take only fractions of a second.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »