Mars Guide

May 13, 2020 at 14:15 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Darkerhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Mars Guide
Astrologer Elizabeth Rose Campbell wrote:

Your Mars knows what you want and what will energize you. Your Mars has a clear yes, and a clear no, about your path. It is in charge of you surviving, and thriving, in part through manifesting your dream. Mars informs you when you are on the right path by giving you energy gain (yes). If you are on the wrong path, you have energy drain (no).

How could you find this in a chart or with a technique?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 14, 2020 at 12:10
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » fishscales
Oh yes, we can’t be stopped once we start. I totally agree with that. And you’re right, I need to rethink and expand the definition of motivation.
May 14, 2020 at 11:32
(Pisces) fishscales » dani_mae1
"I too have mars in Taurus and it manifests for me as a lack of natural motivation."

Think about the different kinds motivation though...

We tend to think of motivation as the drive to get out there and "accomplish stuff"

I think Mars in Taurus can provide motivation, just maybe not the "classical" kind...

Even the decision to sit around and do nothing requires a certain kind of motivation :61:

But no, I think Mars in Taurus just needs a little kick in the ass to get going... But when they do get rolling, they can usually turn in quality, well crafted, and long lasting results...although they will usually take their time doing it...
May 14, 2020 at 09:00
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » fishscales
Your point about mars in the same sign presenting different for people based on how individuals work with the energies I think is definitely true. I can relate to Taurus mars. Yours manifests in the way you said in regards to pleasures, and the boxer you presented also was able to utilize his mars. I too have mars in Taurus and it manifests for me as a lack of natural motivation. It’s just interesting to see how different the same mars signs presents. And gives a bit of hope to others that they can overcome their less than desired attributes. I dig it!
May 14, 2020 at 00:48
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Darkerhorse
System message: Post has been written by user stevenwings, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Johannes Kepler was a mathematician, musician, astronomer, and astrologer. Kepler’s Laws are fundamental to modern science.

Kepler measured the speed at which planets moved, then converted speed into frequency.

His book Harmonices Mundi discusses the musical harmonies that exist between planets. For him, the universe was a musical composition and each birth chart was a portrait in both sound and color.

Much of the astro-babble about Mars is repetitive drivel.

Here is a color generated by Mars at aphelion: Mars velocity: 0°35´48"

https://imgur.com/1Y2BC6x

Then at perihelion: Mars velocity: 0°43´07"

https://imgur.com/2lxS64d

Use Astrodienst to find the velocity of the planets. Were they moving toward aphelion or perihelion?

Were they moving toward (waxing) or away from (waning) an aspect with another planet? E.g., a waxing square is different from a waning square.

There is a lot more to a chart than 2-D flat-earther longitude.

https://imgur.com/D5B3cw9

Because Darkerhorse is the OP, and because his chart is available for anyone to see, here is Mars on August 11, 1973. Its velocity: 0°26´42"

https://imgur.com/LIhJ2iJ

The version of Mars for Darkerhorse is different from either of the other two dates, and, therefore, its harmonics with the other planets are also different.

Hans Cousto wrote a book called The Cosmic Octave: Origin of Harmony in which he also discusses the frequencies of the planets as they move in their orbits.

Here is his measurement for Mars:

https://imgur.com/Zjmhq4G
May 14, 2020 at 00:13
(Pisces) fishscales » Marc Sales
I´m not commenting on Sanchez the man...nor am I defending him...I don´t know anything about him. He could be the epitome of a pigheaded fool... All I´m saying is that no one would be able to make that determination by looking at his natal chart.

And of course I don´t think we should pick our politicians based on their natal charts... Although they can give some valuable insight when paired with observations or knowledge of past behavior...

As for Mars in Taurus, I feel about it the way I feel about any placement... There´s good and there´s bad...our job is to identify the bad and transmute it as best we can...

Funny you mention sensuality... I´ve always considered that the main weakness of my Taurus Mars...many unconstructive things can be done in the name of experiencing pleasant sensations...
May 13, 2020 at 23:49
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » fishscales
Sorry I don´t swallow Sanchez, there are already a few lawsuits in this country for his actions ...

But I must say that I love Mars in Taurus, for example Stan Getz, a completely sensual Mars ...
May 13, 2020 at 23:16
(Pisces) fishscales » Marc Sales
"Mars in Taurus in 1: stubborn, slow, incongruous"

Mars in Taurus can also be persistent, determined, and patient. Good qualities to have in certain situations.

Look at how Muhammad Ali worked his Taurus Mars...such expertise with handling Mars in Taurus´ particular energy can be applied to any aspect of life...

Every placement has its strengths and weaknesses. It´s up to the owner of the placement to have awareness of their tendencies and adjust them accordingly when neccesary.

If quick reaction time and adaptability are in order, there´s no reason why a Taurus Mars can´t learn to do that...even though it may take them outside of their comfort zone.

That´s why I argued in my first answer that sometimes Martian energy needs to be redirected or transmuted...it needs to be rerouted from its instinctual nature sometimes.

"There should be astrology schools that predict this and not put a simple person as the president of a government."

I hope you´re kidding.

Assuming one will automatically and blindly manifest whatever tendencies are present in their birth chart, for their entire lives, defeats the entire purpose of studying natal astrology. Whether someone´s a genius or an idiot, or somewhere in between, like most of us, they should be judged by their actions, not their natal chart.
May 13, 2020 at 22:13
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Darkerhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I don´t have the book so, unfortunately I can´t elaborate on what she said or give an example.
May 13, 2020 at 22:09
(Aquarius) Marc Sales
As an example I can put the topic of our current Prime Minister here in Spain: Pedro Sánchez and his relationship with the Pandemic ... 29-2-1972, 10:25 AM. Madrid. (Asc. 11º 51 ´Taurus)

Mars in Taurus in 1: pigheaded, stubborn, slow, incongruous, which has resulted in a lot more victims of the virus, of course its subject does not go far because there are many bad positions ... but it is a really tragic Mars. There should be astrology schools that predict this and not put a simple person as the president of a government.
May 13, 2020 at 21:57
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t know if I would leave it to Mars to inform me if I was on the right path...

I have Mars in the 8th in Taurus... I think if I followed the desires of my Mars in an unfettered way, it would be informing me to eat and have sex 95 percent of the time... Ok 90...

I think Mars energy sometimes needs to be redirected, or transmuted, in order for it to be more constructive...maybe not in all placements, but in mine...

To use Mars in Taurus as an example again, I think it may cause me to devote too much energy towards stubborness, when perhaps flexibility would be more in order...

Mars "wants what it wants", and yes, it will generate copious amounts of energy trying to fulfill those wants...but what Mars wants may not always be for the best...

That´s why I say you may sometimes need to redirect or transmute that Martian energy... And try to direct it to fulfilling less selfish (or even animalistic) desires...

I will say that there are definitely healthy avenues for the expression of Martian energy, but Mars usually needs to team up with another planet...or really be brought under the force of will for this positive expression to dominate...

Maybe I´m looking at this too much from the perspective of my Mars placement... Mars in Taurus can be an extremely gluttonous placement in many ways, and the 8th house intensifies what lies within it, and weaves it into the fabric of the being, often in an unconscious, yet deep and powerful way...
May 13, 2020 at 21:08
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
It is usually guarantied that once you study Astrology you will go off the deep-end in more ways than one!
:155: moves as slow as an asteroid in :174:, Leo, and Virgo.
:155: moves as fast as a personal planet in :180:, Aquarius, and Pisces.
:155: was once an Earth-crosser with :153: as it´s core!
Campbell makes Mars sound like another Ascendant which to some degree it is! :30:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »