Religion

May 12, 2020 at 16:08 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Darkerhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Religion
What´s the best astrological signifcator for religion?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 14, 2020 at 17:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Marc Sales
System message: Post has been written by user Darkerhorse, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I appreciate your comments.

In basic terms, I was thinking that the placements of the two aforementioned significators of religion (Pisces and Sagittarius)at angles (AS and MC) was auspicious for religion in this place.

But, as you pointed out, it can be more complicated than that.

Mars resonates as a prime actor based on my experience.
May 14, 2020 at 16:55
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » Darkerhorse
Well, I see a somewhat tense aspect between Moon and Mars ... On the other hand, in this case, Mars is regent of IX and is in Sagittarius, from there it receives favorable aspects from Mercury and Neptune (these two in conjunction) But under another perspective both Libra and Aquarius (where the rulers of Pisces are) are "rational" signs and do not in themselves give the form of a contemplative "Idea" (Eidos).

I see Mars in Sagittarius and X as a new Prometheus, stealing fire from the gods ...
May 14, 2020 at 02:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Nothing like having the signifiers (3, 9, and 12) well placed (prominent Sagittarius and Pisces) and in good regards to Mercury, Jupiter, Neptune, and the luminaries. The transpersonal, dignified, well aspected and angular (or aspected with the angles).

How does this chart stack up with the AS in Pisces and the MC in Sagittarius?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
May 14, 2020 at 02:45
(Pisces) fishscales » Darkerhorse
"Any thoughts on finding one´s affinity for a particular religion in a chart?"

Not really...at least none thst I would say are constructive... I also think "affinity" becomes irrelevant when you understand that religions are all saying the same thing...

I think true religion is experience based...and that the direct experience of God is beyond any language, culture, or personal affinity

If you´re talking about how religious affinity fits in with the natal chart...a religion with an aggressive rhetoric may attract the Martian person... A rhetoric of self-denial, the Saturnian person... A rhetoric of optimism, the Jupiterian... Etc...

But this is just rhetoric... Which is mankind´s interpretation of "what God wants" without the ability to actually experience God...it´s not real religion...

Rhetoric and dogma are characteristics of how religions are practiced today...but they are not present at the root of religion...
May 14, 2020 at 02:21
(Aries) ram_goat » Darkerhorse
What is it exactly that you are seeking?

you are beating around the bush asking one question at a time..
May 14, 2020 at 02:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
=====
That´s a good contribution.

Any thoughts on finding one´s affinity for a particular religion in a chart?
May 14, 2020 at 02:07
(Pisces) fishscales
There are two kinds of religion...

Belief and philosophy based...

And experience based...

Religion is from the Latin "religare", meaning to bind, or reunite... In this case, with God...religion, in its purest sense, deals with experience, not belief...

I´d say Jupiter/Sag/9th house represents the philosophy/belief based type of religion, and Pisces/Neptune/12th house represents the experience based type... Although Pisces/Neptune/12th house can probably get you farther away from God than Jupiter/Sag/9th house can when misused...

May 13, 2020 at 20:09
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » N_thecat
ahhh, but you haven´t mentioned that you have Jupiter square to Neptune (both the rulers of IX) and the square Sun to Uranus which is very little devotional and quite irreverent .. !! And that big T between Luna, Mars and Venus (in Aquarius) ... !! that explains it quite well !!!
May 13, 2020 at 18:40
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » N_thecat
I must also say that there are many different ways of being "religious", there are devotees, there are syncretists, there are Catholics (and also cathodic), there are Lutherans, and there are Jews, only Christians, not to say Buddhists, Taoists, followers of J. Muir, or followers of Thoreau, fanatical mechanists, supporters of Arthur Schopenhauer, the esoteric precocious of Harran, a merchant lost on the Silk Road, the Cathar penitents, the Zen master, the Islamists and their secret, Fray Bartolomé de las Casas, the Cheroqui Indians and Moctezuma´s metaphysical premonitions before Columbus ...
A whole universe in the cosmic sense ......
May 13, 2020 at 18:20
(Pisces) N_thecat » Marc Sales
I have Pisces Sun in 9th house and Mercury in :182: in 8th in aspect with Neptune...Jupiter is in my 9th house and it is the strongest planet in my chart.

I am not religious and I am happy with that.

But my mom is very religious person...Sun in Leo, Moon in Pisces...I don´t know Her house placements, but Neptune is very strong in Her chart - affects her Sun, Moon and how I remember Mars.

So I blame Neptune for being (too) religious...
May 13, 2020 at 17:30
(Aquarius) Marc Sales » Tarık
Tarik I do not understand your question very well ... but if you are a religious man you do not need to look for it, you will develop it by yourself ...
May 13, 2020 at 16:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Marc Sales
System message: Post has been written by user Tarık, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Then ı should be religious man or looking for it?
May 13, 2020 at 13:08
(Aquarius) Marc Sales
Nothing like having the signifiers (3, 9, and 12) well placed (prominent Sagittarius and Pisces) and in good regards to Mercury, Jupiter, Neptune, and the luminaries. The transpersonal, dignified, well aspected and angular (or aspected with the angles).
May 13, 2020 at 13:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Morena_Lu
=====
Thanks.

Anything about a zodiac sign? I know Sagittarius and Pisces are associated with Jupiter?

Anything about attraction to a particular world religion like Christianity or Hinduism - or which fits the person best?
May 13, 2020 at 09:53
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
“Saturn, Mars or South Node in the 9th, or Saturn or Mars in the 3rd opposite to the 9th house, being in a movable Signe, and Jupiter weak, peregrine or in his detriment, and in a cadent house, afflicted of the Maleficals, viz. Saturn or Mars, usually such Natives are either very backward in Religion, expresse little, or else are of none at all, or are perverted in that wherein they were educated, or if they doe stumble upon any Religion, they prove most pernicious Sectaries.
“But if Jupiter, Venus or North Node possesse the 9th or 3rd, the Native proves a good Christian, and a lover of Religion wherein trained up. The Sun, Moon, Mercury or Part of Fortune in those houses, are moderate Signes, and doe augment the signification of goodnesse, when in any benevolent aspect of Jupiter or Venus; decrease and diminish it when in aspect with the Infortunes.
“If no Planets occupy the 3rd or 9th, consider Jupiter, the naturall Significator of Religion, if he be in his owne House, Exaltation, and also in an angle, or in Reception with Venus or Sun, Moon or Mercury, it denotes a good minded and a religious man.
“If Jupiter be peregrine, in his Fall or Detriment, and in a cadent house of the Figure, and afflicted of the malevolents, he notes the contrary.
“I would not here in this Chapter have any man to think that the influence of the Starre, enforceth to this or that Religion, or that they are the causes of ones being either Religious or Contrary, it’s the grace of ones being either Religious or contrary, it’s the grace of Gods effects that, viz. gives Piety, Godlinesse, and the Graces of the Spirit; the Starres onely decipher the naturall propensity of the Native to good or ill, and whether he will be permanent or not in order, according to his naturall inclination.” (Lilly 611-612).

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »