How similar are the charts of your parents to your own?

May 9, 2020 at 17:54 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) bluerosepetals
How similar are the charts of your parents to your own?
Hi, it´s me spamming again. :29: :75:

Today I found out my mom´s birth time (finally). I am astonished at how similar our charts are aspect-wise. We both have a Sun/Saturn aspect, Moon on the Asc, Moon/Pluto hard aspect, Moon/Venus soft aspect, Mercury/Mars hard aspect etc etc.

We are both unable to hide our emotions, are strict with ourselves and can be a fierce opponent in a fight. :39:

On the other hand, I have my father´s Pisces/Aquarius/Leo placements, but no similar aspects aside from Moon opposite Pluto and Sun/Chiron aspect.

Is this just my special case or do you guys also have some significant similarities between your charts and the charts of your parents? You can post the charts if you want to.

I´m attaching my mom´s chart.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
July 1, 2020 at 20:51
(Gemini) Fallen_Mage » bluerosepetals
Not particularly, no. We aren´t that close though.
July 1, 2020 at 19:26
(Taurus) Ladeeda » bluerosepetals
Gotta love it!
July 1, 2020 at 17:01
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Ladeeda
Hahaha Uranians are always like that, we beat our own drum most of the time. :4: :199:
July 1, 2020 at 16:05
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Fallen_Mage
Was he strict with you? His Saturn is conjunct yours and square your Sun and Moon.
July 1, 2020 at 04:50
(Gemini) Fallen_Mage
I don´t know, you tell me... Like I´ve posted before, I think my father has a very "cursed" chart. This is our synastry. I´m blue, he´s orange.
Login
(Log in)
July 1, 2020 at 01:06
(Taurus) Ladeeda
A former college friend´s family had one sign they all shared in different placements. Scorpio.
She and her mother are both scorpio moons. Her father hadls a scorpio rising. And her brother, scorpio sun.

They all got each other. I remember, misunderstandings rarely happened whenever I saw them all together.
July 1, 2020 at 01:02
(Taurus) Ladeeda
I haven´t looked deeply into my parents´ charts and it´s a bit tough without knowing their exact time of birth. But with my mother we both have a pisces mars. That´s the only affinity I can think.

The similarities I find funny in my family, though, are the venus and mars placements of me and my siblings. Apart from one - I´ll explain why later on - we all have venus and Mars in the same sign in the same house in our respective charts.

We´re six.
My brother: 8th house aries venus/mars
Me: 12th house pisces venus/mars
Sister 1: 6th house virgo venus/Mars
Sister 2: 1st house capricorn venus/mars
Sister 4: 10th house Taurus venus/mars

Now, sister 3, she had to be the weird one, and damn proud of it. She and I attribute it to her Aquarius rising and the fact that she´s Uranus dominant. She has an aries venus and a taurus mars.
While everyone else went one way, she said "nah, I´m gonna go that way."
June 30, 2020 at 19:59
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild » bluerosepetals
It´s interesting, I´ve always been told I look just like my mother. While I see similarities, there are stark differences, too: we have different eye colors, her facial features are round whereas mine are more angular, we both have fine hair but mine is darker, and so on.
On a personality level, my mother always presents herself with a sunny, smiling, friendly disposition, and people warm up to her easily; whereas I´m frequently seen as an oddball or weirdo, or distant, pretentious, etc. However, people who know us well have always said that we´re just alike.

So, the mirror analogy is definitely interesting here.
June 30, 2020 at 18:56
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Angelina
I´ve seen the mirroring a lot too among siblings! It seems to really be a thing. Do you see similarities in characters respective to the sign you share? Are you both Taurean or Libran?
June 30, 2020 at 18:55
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » SaturnineMoonchild
My mom has reverse Nodes house-wise from me (6th and 12th house involved). So yeah it could be significant.

Asc/Desc axis reversed is even more telling in my opinion. You seem to mirror each other in a way.
June 30, 2020 at 18:53
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » jaderosez
It´s actually an interesting question how much the variation among population is greater than variation within the family. That would require research however.

But I did notice suspicious amount of aspects/sign placements that I share with my family members that is definitely higher in my experience than those I share with my friends (other than one with whom I share certain conjunctions of planets to angles). But she´s like a sister to me ahaha.

Anyway, it´s hard to say.
June 29, 2020 at 20:24
(Scorpio) Angelina
What I have noticed about siblings charts, that it is not necessarily mirroring :151: and :152:, but even more often they will have the same Moon sign. If not with each other, then they will often have their :152: the same sign their parent´s Sun or Moon.

In my case my Brother is Taurus :151: and I have Taurus :152:.
His :152: is Libra, so not my Sun sign, but my ASC is Libra.
My Mother´s :152: is in Libra as well.

My Love has the same :152: sign Virgo as his Brother.
June 29, 2020 at 19:13
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
My mother´s Ascendant/Descendant axis is the reverse of my own. My Ascendant is Aquarius, her Ascendant is Leo.
Also, both of us have North Node in Aquarius/South Node in Leo, though with different house placements.
Anyone think there´s significance to this?
June 29, 2020 at 16:29
(Capricorn) jaderosez
I don´t know my mom´s chart.

But my dad had sun (opposite pluto) and ascendent in pisces and moon in cancer.

I have sun n the fourth conjunct mars and neptune in capcricorn, and moon in taurus in the 8th house opposite pluto.

So both of us have a neptunian, and plutonian vibe, both of us are predominantly feminine. I think that´s about it.

My uncle (his brother) has moon in scorpio conjunct neptune and sun in cap (like me). I get along with him the most in my family and he´s my favourite person aside from my mom.

My cousin has leo sun and moon in pisces.(dad´s side) Another of his brother has a stellium in leo but sun in cancer. His niece has moon in leo,and sun in sag conjunct neptune.

And there´s a prevalence of my mom´s side cousins having a cancer, and pisces combo (three of my cousins) have this. But interestingly enough both appear tough and less neptunian. One of them has moon conjunct mars in cancer with sun conjunct mercury in pisces.

So yeah let me know if you find any patterns in my family.

In my opinion, you can find some patterns within a family unit. But I don´t know how meaningful or significant the similarities are. And what is similar? Does two people with cancer moons similar? Or the person with the moon conjunct neptune more similar with the moon in pisces or the person with moon opposite neptune in the family?

So the question is the the variation among the population greater than the variation within the family unit?
June 29, 2020 at 15:43
(Gemini) Francis064
This is my mother´s chart, very different from mine obviously :4: I also have my brother´s chart somewhere and it´s also very different from mine
Login
(Log in)
June 29, 2020 at 13:29
(Leo) Anni23
I have an extremely strong suspicion that I have inherited something from my father 😭,
I´m thinking maybe a house placement.. however at least it´s not his sun or moon.

I think he must be fire domiant unlike me though (Actually I´m not sure what I am but pretty sure it´s a mix instead.) However my mother´s moon is my sun sign which is the only fire sign I have in my chart. Also it´s quite likely she´s air domiant and i think I´m more air than the other elements too.
May 13, 2020 at 17:23
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Nola_la
"I am convinced that water Moons (Scorpio Moon - Pisces Moon - my :178:...) are placements that run through three generations in my mom´s family are our family karma. Especially because I was born earlier than it was expected. I read that significant Scorpio placements talk about difficult birth and it is stored in our memory - I don´t talk here only about our mother´s experience, but our own too. I really see it in my chart... :152: - :160: aspects are that bond between mother and child. Scorpio on the cusp of my 5th house shows problems with birth - too early/sudden/very difficult...
Maybe my Uranus in 5th house has something to say about it too...

It´s funny that I´ve always thought that I am similar to my dads family...Then I studied charts of family members and I discovered that I am just like...my grandpa (my moms dad) :75:
:180: Sun - :178: Moon - :181: Venus"

You are right, there is strong bond between me and my mother, we had some verbal fights...but now we are ok. My parents thought that they will have another son, they bought everything in blue color. :61:
May 13, 2020 at 16:44
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » Nola_la
Hmm, my mom has :152: :191: :160: :191:Asc, and I have :152: :191:Asc :192: :160: . She had a difficult birth, 12 hours... I was also born with the umbilical cord wrapped around my neck and was turned feet down instead of head down. She managed to deliver me naturally somehow, but the doctors (and me, lol) got really lucky because that was a case for Cesarean.
May 13, 2020 at 16:29
(Pisces) Nola_la » Morena_Lu
>"I have also moon opposition pluto in my chart, :157: :199: :159: in the 4th house, I think there is some family karma..(I always thought that..even when I didn´t know a thing about astrology..)"1

Family karma...I´ve been thinking about it too.

I am convinced that water Moons (Scorpio Moon - Pisces Moon - my :178:...) are placements that run through three generations in my mom´s family are our family karma. Especially because I was born earlier than it was expected. I read that significant Scorpio placements talk about difficult birth and it is stored in our memory - I don´t talk here only about our mother´s experience, but our own too. I really see it in my chart... :152: - :160: aspects are that bond between mother and child. Scorpio on the cusp of my 5th house shows problems with birth - too early/sudden/very difficult...
Maybe my Uranus in 5th house has something to say about it too...

It´s funny that I´ve always thought that I am similar to my dads family...Then I studied charts of family members and I discovered that I am just like...my grandpa (my moms dad) :75:
:180: Sun - :178: Moon - :181: Venus
May 13, 2020 at 16:16
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » darkneptune
Makes sense, yeah. It´s amazing to see the similarities in charts. :1:
May 13, 2020 at 15:50
(Scorpio) darkneptune » bluerosepetals
Yes, I have special connection with her. I believe we were somehow connected in past life. We understand each other on deep level and I´m actually glad because we´re total opposite of dad and his chart unfortunately.
May 13, 2020 at 15:46
(Pisces) bluerosepetals » darkneptune
Oh, so right off the bat... she´s a Pisces Sun and you are a Pisces Moon, and you are both Libra Asc. Do you feel similar to her?
May 13, 2020 at 15:33
(Scorpio) darkneptune
My chart.
Login
(Log in)
May 13, 2020 at 15:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Tarık, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My mom has pentagram and ı just have triangle?
May 13, 2020 at 15:32
(Scorpio) darkneptune
My mom´s chart.
Login
(Log in)
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »