Diggin´ deeper: the theoretical framework of Astrology.

April 28, 2020 at 17:10 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) sincereseeker
Diggin´ deeper: the theoretical framework of Astrology.
PART 1

So, I was studying the Zodiac the other day. I wanted to see what its underlying logic was. I was surprised.

So, Aries is the first sign. Aries is cardinal, fire, and masculine.

This book I´ve been reading tells us that Cardinal signs mark the beginning of a season. I wanted to know what the logic was behind the rest being Fixed and Mutable. And with a certaing logic to it. The zodiac wheel goes round and round in an orderly fashion: Signs Are Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable.... Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable...Cardinal, Fixed, Mutable.

Also, Masculine then Feminine. Masculine then Feminine.

The elements as wheel have a certain order to it, they were not assigned to each sign as random. They are all Fire, Earth, Air, Water. Fire, Air, Earth, Water.

Applying some sociology and feminist theory, I wondered if Aries was Masculine due to the Patriarchy. I later found out that it was because odd numbers are considered masculine and even numbers feminine. The first number, zero, is neither odd nor even so neither masculine nor feminine. Reminded me of kabbalistic theory and egyptian mythology were the first human being or god created is neither masculine nor feminine.

Then, I saw that 3 signs equals one season. So one sign marks the beginning of the season and imprints those qualities upon world event or the person´s personality. The Fixed quality marks the middle of the season and imprints those qualities upon the thing being analizyed. Mutable marks the end of the season and what I´ve said applies.

Then came elements. I wondered what was the logic behind the order of the elements? Was it assigned as random?

Wikipedia reveals it has to do with the qualities of the season:
This is what it says. Remember the New Year originally starts in Spring, and was changed to Jan 1 due to political maneuvering in the Roman Empire.

Spring (wet becoming hot) - Air - Gemini, Libra, Aquarius
Summer (hot becoming dry) - Fire - Aries, Leo, Sagittarius
Autumn (dry becoming cold) - Earth - Taurus, Virgo, Capricorn
Winter (cold becoming wet) - Water - Cancer, Scorpio, Pisces

So, in nature, Air (Spring) transforms into Fire (summer) which transforms into Earth (Autumn) which transforms into Winter...

Now, my question: if 3 signs equal one season, how come we don´t apply the same element to them? In which way is Taurus (lets say middle of spring) related to Autumn? Why is taurus an earth sign and not an Air sign? I can see its fixed because it´s in the middle of spring, being Aries the Cardinal (start of spring) and Gemini the Fixed (end of spring). But again, if Taurus is a Spring sign too, why is the element Earth (representing Autumn) assigned to it?

Also, why is Aries in the first place a Fire sign? Why is Aries, which marks the beginning of Spring, not an Air sign too?

Ok, that said, I have another question.

So, I calculate transits in regards to my natal chart. My personal transits, which show the position of the planets in regards to where the planets were when I was born. This websites calls it "my transits chart

It´s here: "https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/t…

Now, I see this other future on this site:
Current Planets - Astrology Planetary Positions, Current Transits. Its here
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/c…

What is the difference between the two? How do I use each?

If I had a hard time 3 years ago and want to look up into the astrology of it all, which of the two should I use? Both?

If I want to predict a country´s future situation, do I use both?

Thanks in advance.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 29, 2020 at 03:21
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The seasons are completely backwards in New Zealand, Chile & Argentina, just like the constellations the seasons are used to doubt the infinitude of the Zodiac!
The modalities are more powerful than the elements, the Cardinal modality is least likely to be a wallflower, the other modalities take cue! :81:
The most famous country is the United States of America and is well worth studying! :44:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »