what can you say about mars square pluto ?

April 22, 2020 at 21:21 (UT/GMT)
(Sagittarius) peachyjn
what can you say about mars square pluto ?
hey, so i read some pretty creepy stuff about this and now i’m scared for my life lol
could you tell me what it means in a natal chart ? it seems like it’s a quite bad aspect ... is it so ? are there any positive sides to it ?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 24, 2020 at 12:42
(Capricorn) jkxx74 » peachyjn
You´re welcome!
I have had the chance to observe this with some people I know (of) recently so a bit fresh on the experience there ;)
April 23, 2020 at 22:54
(Libra) leorising
I saw your square Pluto Mars, it is in mutables signs,
I believe it will be easier for you to deal with it.
I have Mars and Pluto squared in fixed signs (so what a danger!) that square was the fuel I needed to dedicate myself to studies (Pluto in 3rd) to reach my North node in Aries (ruler Mars on 7).
it is as if I had a Mars in scorpion at the time of the fight (competing in tests of knowledge). I had a lot of passion (Pluto in scorpion in 3rd) and a lot of focus to face a battle in the tests! it worked for me.
good luck with your aspect! :68:
April 23, 2020 at 22:33
(Sagittarius) peachyjn » jkxx74
that was very interesting to read! thank you soo much for your time !!!
April 23, 2020 at 18:05
(Capricorn) jkxx74
Looking at your chart what struck me is your Saturn-Chiron opposition across AC-DC rather than Mars-Pluto.

The responses you have so far are good ones for that aspect but you asked why it´s creepy and there is in fact a creepy side to this one. (It is also the aspect where in its transit form I´ve come across some life-threatening experiences so this one is one of the ´one to watch out for´ ones for me.)

Take what Mars represents - personal energy, ego, drive (Mars in Pisces represents a drive to transmute this energy into the non-material realm so those with this placement are less happy and willing to work toward their own ends. This is kind of a good thing as Mars placed in a sign where it operates with too much ease can make one overly focused on what they want and then they miss the bigger picture.) So Mars in Pisces wants to do something for everybody more than for self but the planet at its core is still about doing what we want.

Pluto is a distant planet so it cares about what we might call ´karmic balance´ in a way by normalizing everything it encounters to the lowest form that still contains its original substance - the way we might say 5 * 15 is the same as 1 * 3 because that is the smallest normalized version of this equation that still preserves the ratios of the quantities within it. Pluto is sort of no-compromise just does what it does planet also so it is said to transform planets it aspects as it normalizes them also to their lowest energy state that still fully represents the essence of the planet involved.

When you have Mars and Pluto in square then the drive of Mars is simultaneously amplified and also changed by Pluto so you get more energy (or more impact as a keyword for Pluto) to do Mars things but at the same time this energy is tutored or shaped by Pluto which demands that it is used in a way which seeks normalization on a global level. Well Mars is a personal planet so it is not very concerned about doing things globally like that so there is an inherent conflict in the way these two operate. When the aspect is a square especially this conflict is both visible and irritating as the circumstances represented by Pluto tend to be amplified and designed to push Mars more than it would like to be pushed. (These are the kinds of circumstances we prefer to avoid.)

And that is why we would call this creepy in a nut shell, as it can put you in touch with people or situations that draw Mars into situations that might be experienced as too dangerous for its liking. Could extrapolate further here but this will give you the basic idea.
April 22, 2020 at 22:34
(Taurus) IntoTheVoid
You have to break it down. Start with what Pluto represents in Sagittarius in your 6th house.
A square is not a bad thing, but it a challenge we need to learn to overcome. Like a knot we need to learn to untie. It helps teach us lessons that we aren´t exactly comfortable with, but once you learn the lesson you can help others. It could also be ´TOO MUCH´ of a good thing.
What does Mars in Pisces represent to you in your 10th house?
These are houses of the others. Less personal houses.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »