House system

April 15, 2020 at 23:08 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Iaia
House system
Hi there! Which House system do you use and prefer? Why?
I’ve always used the “Placidus” one, and I’ve felt that it was right, but then they’ve suggested me to use the “whole sign” house system, and I feel that also with this system I find many things that are right for me. So now I don’t know which one to use, and which one is the best.
What do u suggest?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 16, 2020 at 01:11
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
English Equal-house means that if the horizon in my Zodiac is at 1 1/2 degrees of the negative mutable signs; Then EVERY house cusp is at 1 1/2 degrees of a sign a perfect 30 degrees from the nearest house cusp!
That puts my :153: :194: :199: in cadence as well as mutability meaning I have a ridiculously liberal core in a mostly conservative chart!
I know there is a strong vote here for "the Whole Souse System"; I am just never drunk enough to call it beautiful!
10 times the 1 1/2 degree is fifteen degrees where an ascendant would generate a perfect 24-fold division of the Zodiac!
April 16, 2020 at 01:01
(Scorpio) scottsid
I like to use whole signs. It changed for me the day I was reading Robert hand´s book on Whole signs house systems. In it he mention that in classic texts the houses we´re calculated not be degree but by "places from the ascendant." So if we´re Capricorn rising, Aquarius is the 2nd house because it´s the 2nd place from the ascendant.

This made a bunch of sense to me. Houses support each other. If the signs are house things work inside us; then houses are a manifestation of where we use those signs. If I have Scorpio rising and Jupiter in Sagittarius; then Jupiter working through me should be affiliated with having properties of being in the 1st house since it is not in Scorpio.
April 16, 2020 at 00:21
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
See which works best for You.
Which one “speaks” to You.

Astrology has it’s mathematical side but it is also an art.

I have been using whole house myself after using Placidus for years. It makes more sense to me .

Especially when looking at a chart that has very uneven house size.

Though I will still look at Placidus. I am interested in all the many systems. I figure it can only help to study as broadly as I can.

Trial and error and experience will show You what works best for You.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »