My sun conjunct the ascendant

April 7, 2020 at 19:30 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

My sun conjunct the ascendant
Okay, so I noticed that when I do readings for others on the site when I see a planet on the Ascendant...I´ll immediatelly picture the person as having almost the qualities of the sign that planet rules as their ascendant (first house).

I hadn´t stopped to consider until a couple of days ago...that my Sun conj Ascendant might in anyway be relevant.

I suppose a XII Sun conj ASC would be less intense that having the Sun in the first house? But then what´s the point of considering the aspect as its own thing? It´s either conj or it isn´t right?

Anyways I guess I´m trying to understand this placement. Does this give me Leo-like qualities? I do hate being a Libra so any excuse to be a different sign would please me (aside from Vedic which makes me a Virgo but takes away my beloved Gemini Moon :P).

I´m aware of astroseek´s description of this placement. It seems a bit too vague and un-Leo like, much like their other "Planet conj ASC" descriptions.

I guess as a bonus question, wold you guys consider my Sun at 1´55´´ as a Virgo Cusp? And how relevant is that in someone´s profile?

Thanks! :)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 10, 2020 at 10:03
(Libra) leorising » Chadjames
Interesting, now that i ve read about your explanation of sun at 12th, i understood a little more about my 11 th house... ( I have ruler of 12th in 11th)
i am not part of the system ( group of my work) the validations i receive from work colleagues are hidden. I also don´t have friends to show off, but there are always people talking to me.
:68:
April 10, 2020 at 08:55
(Taurus) nutelina » leorising
Awesome, this makes so much sense. Now I wonder wether both my parents have Sun in the 12th, it sure looks like it. I´ve noticed similar behaviour from Magi, if I may suggest any similarity but of course I don´t know Magi. It´s this "I´m here too, have you noticed me". Type of behaviour. It only happens when someone else is considered to be too much dominant that perhaps 12th house people let themselves be heared. But maybe I´m totally wrong.

One step further to the truth. Goes in small steps but one step at a time. Like the man on the moon said, A small step for me, a huge leap for mankind. Astrology is a really wonderful tool. :15:
April 10, 2020 at 08:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Chadjames
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Aww thanks Chad. Neptune can be tough right?
April 10, 2020 at 04:32
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi, there.

From the other side!! Haha.

I´m in quite the same situation as you, my friend. I have my Sun on the 12th house side.

I´m Sagittarius. So all of my traits are behind the scenes. The solar energy and vivacity is still there, but, hidden.

People, like you and I, can walk through life with an invisible forcefield!!

That´s right, themagi, we´re a couple a ghosts.

We can fuck up and trip and fall and nobody sees it.

Conversely, we can do great things and nobody sees that, either. LOL

The exurberance is there. Sun on the 12th side can help with constitution, as well.

People don´t really know how amicable you really are, themagi.

But, I do.
April 7, 2020 at 20:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
=====
Obrigado. :) Makes some sense.
April 7, 2020 at 20:10
(Libra) leorising » themagi
Sun conjunct Ascendant
Projection of the Identity/The Integrated Self You are highly focused on your identity and you openly project your identity through your persona. Your focus may be selfish or developmental and your style of projection may be domineering or inclusive. You will tend toward the selfish/domineering end of this spectrum if you are self-centered and are not shy about letting the world know it. You may feel that everything focuses on yourself. This produces a strong persona that you actively project to gain social dominance and benefit for your ego. If you are at the developmental/inclusive end of the spectrum, your focus will be on self-integration and self-actualization. You will automatically project a positive energy, one that is highly attractive. You are very open to others and to the world in general. The Sun conjunct the Ascendant may be in either the first or the twelfth house. If in the first house, you are likely to display a stronger sense of self and to be more actively concerned with those issues that involve self-identity. You are likely to project your personality in an active mode. If in the twelfth house, you are likely to act from an introverted, or even a subconscious, place. There will be things that are not directly projected and may remain hidden, even to you. The process of integration is likely to take place on a more instinctual level, rather than being a conscious process (although you can certainly work to make the process a conscious one). Transcendent Potential The transcendent potential of the Sun conjunct the Ascendant is actualized when you focus your attention on achieving a wholeness of spirit that is reflected in your personality. Your goal has become the totally integrated self. In order to integrate the self at the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels, you must raise your consciousness. As your consciousness is raised and your personality is integrated into a whole, you will naturally project or radiate a strong, positive vibration. If your Sun is in the first house, others are likely to perceive this vibration, as it will be associated with your persona. If your Sun is in the twelfth house, the projection of this positive vibration may be more ubiquitous and less obviously originating from you. You may also be perceived as more of a universal embodiment than an individual personality. Regarding the integrating process, you have a profound commitment to the integration of the self. For those with Sun in the first house, this commitment is apt to be personal and focused on the problem of identity. For those with Sun in the twelfth house, the integrative process is most likely to be seen by you in cosmic terms and be focused on the problem of the self and the universal. Insecurity You are most likely to feel insecure due to a feeling of being exposed to the world. You subconsciously perceive that the automatic projection of your identity into the world is dangerous, in that it may reveal things about yourself that you may not want revealed. Therefore, you set up a defense mechanism to block or filter the projection of your self and personality. This defense may take the form of a withdrawal (most likely if you have a twelfth house Sun), thus leading to secrecy, false humility, deception or a weak personality. Or, it may take the form of constructing a false front, a public persona that is always “positive” and never reveals anything about the inner person. You can thus appear strong and extroverted, but the persona is simply a mask to hide a self that you do not feel comfortable projecting to others. Any attempt to get behind the mask or to touch on what is real will elicit a defensive response from you. Back to Top
Depth Astrology- Gargatholil :68:
April 7, 2020 at 20:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » leorising
=====
Thanks. I know with whole sign system I´d be a 1st house sun...but I really don´t resonate with that placement too much. My Sun is conj the Ascendant, but it´s in the 12th house...so I guess only the Sun conj ASC aspect description would apply.
April 7, 2020 at 19:50
(Libra) leorising
Sun in first house
When your Sun falls in the first house you will wish to find a better approach to life and to become a better person. You will be learning to increase your sense of self-awareness. This placement indicates a new beginning as an individual. The Sun in this house makes you very aware of your own unique individuality. Development of your own ego or higher self would be very important for you in the current life. It could enable you to be confident and independent, with strong will-power and the ability to empower others. However, this could make you appear domineering, and you should be careful not to try and exert power over them. Your physical sense of well-being is likely to be focused in the area of the head, where there may have been some illness or injury, or possible headaches. Apart from that you should have plenty of energy and enthusiasm with your sun in this house. This may appear as aggression, so you will need to be aware of that. You see the world around you in quite clear terms, which on the spiritual level translate as clairvoyance, an ability you will almost certainly be able to develop.
Karmic Astrology-Meg Ann Walker :68:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »