Past life indicators. Analysing karmic debts/potential

February 19, 2020 at 19:19 (UT/GMT)
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
Past life indicators. Analysing karmic debts/potential
Namaste! ??

I saw all sorts of analysis telling people they lived in 1883 in Taiwan, owed 3 cats and have a negative karma in love as they used wrongly their erotic potential (Hello, Pluto in Scorpio generation).

Before that, they lived in 1246 in Djibouti and they were high rank officials, but lost their titles in 1273 and they keep carry the scars of those past life traumas.

Joke aside, which are the ways we can determine what we´ve been in a past life? Which are the burdens we still carry nowadays? What have we already learnt?

(Here, I guess good placements/aspects might represent some indicators).

I think these are the most important questions. The karmic debts.

There must be some connections with the Nodes, I assume, mainly the South Node, which tells how we used to be/to live, right?

But beyond that, ouy of curiosity: how can we determine the place we´ve been? Or...can we determine that? Or it´s just stupid Internet quiz or impostors telling us that?

And the years we´ve lived in, and how we evolved along reincarnations?

As you know, a Capricorn always pays its debts (or a Lannister) and I am intrigued to know what would my karmic debts be...

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
April 16, 2020 at 17:37
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » N_thecat
I´ve always been so happy in the past that I don´t have any significant 12th placements in my chart.

I feel you...

Do you have any tips in choosing the As? Mine is on the cusp and I´m always in doubt.

Also, it´s pretty important as I am a WS fan and I really need to know if my Jupiter and Pluto are in my 7th or in my 8th ???
April 13, 2020 at 21:48
(Pisces) N_thecat » Luna Alba
>"My 12th house is pretty empty. Beside Lilith ??"

Hahaha. My 12th is pretty empty too...

Beside Lilith (in Cancer) :4:

I´ve always been so happy in the past that I don´t have any significant 12th placements in my chart... Because this house was in my imagination like "The sum of all fears". This is how I imagined it in the past...

I don´t know why I overlooked my Lilith in the 12th house :61:.

Now I´m thinking about the 12th house in a different way...

But this Lilith :4:
April 13, 2020 at 20:36
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Luna Alba
System message: Post has been written by user Auer, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well, definitely interesting question you raised here i.e. what exactly made a soul incarnate in 100 years after the previous life and another one in 2500 years time. Well...what can I say. I guess this depends on the sort of a Karmic trace which a soul brings to a new life. There are two different karmas- mature and immature. Immature karma means some sides of our past life nature (for ex.aggression, bad and evil thoughts from your past life) which you can overcome already in your current birth by for ex. hard-working on your own, trying to improve these features.
As for the mature karma (earth signs in the cusp of the 4th house)... your debt has to be redeemed in your present incarnation.And probably mature karma comes to your life in particular events or circumstances.
So what I want to say is that having Fire sign on your 4th house cusp means that you have to deal with maybe not so heavy baggage on your shoulders than if you had water or earth sign there. That´s my opinion.
April 13, 2020 at 01:54
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » Auer
Wow, thanks for posting this, very interesting. I’m with Luna Alba—as someone with a Virgo 4th house cusp, I’m curious the reason I’d need to wait 1500 between incarnations.

Also in terms of aspects to the nodes, any indication what squares would mean to the NN in terms of karma (I have Mercury retro, Mars, and Jupiter square my NN in 11th Taurus).
April 12, 2020 at 20:41
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » Auer
"Approximate time of your past life can be determined by already mentioned 4th house and its Sign, so what do we have: if 4th"

Wow...all of this is super interesting and the first time I read these ideas...but thinking about the whole paragraph...I cannot help wondering: what would make a soul reincarnate in 10 yrs time, for a 4th house in Leo, lets´s say (my case) and another soul to wait 2500 yrs for a new reincarnation? (For a Cappie on the cusp of the 4th house)?

What´s your opinion?
April 12, 2020 at 19:46
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Auer, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I agree with this. Saturn is one of the main karmic planets and is the oldest one in the whole reincarnation period. Actually the more retrograde planets are in the chart, the more karmic debts need to be paid. Also it it said that the sign in the 4th house cusp may talk about the possible geographical place of birth while certain planet in aspects to Nodes about some sort of activity in the past life.

Approximate time of your past life can be determined by already mentioned 4th house and its Sign, so what do we have: if 4th house Sign stays in Fire dominant (Aries, Leo, Sagittarius) your previous life was not a long time ago before your current birth (from couple of years to approximately 10 years); if 4th house Sign stays in Air dominant ( Aquarius, Gemini, Libra) - your previous life was about some dozens of years ( for ex. 20-50 years ago) If it is Water dominant - 100 years ago and more, Earth- 1000 years and more (Virgo- about 1500 years ago, Taurus- 2000 years ago, Capricorn -the oldest one- more than 2500 years ago)
I´ m not sure that everything is exact but definitely something worthy to be concerned.
March 18, 2020 at 15:50
(Libra) leorising
I ve did my birth chart with a famous astrologer in Brazil , she told me that i have south node in libra 3rd, venus in scorpio 4th (retrograde).
i was very passive person, dominated by family, my family has power,
my karma is inside my family, and i was so much possessive with them, (scorpio at 4th), that in this life i came with same parents.

i imagine that we could look at dispositor of south node, and see aspects to try to understand what we were in past lifes... mine are that:

Venus aspects
Conjunction Mercury (4°23’, Separating)
Trine Jupiter (5°52’, Applying)
Opposition MC (5°20’, Applying)
Parallel Uranus (0°56’)

a mind turn to money and beauty (venus conjunct mercury), a person generous ( venus trine jupiter), i dont had a good relantionship with anothers woman (venus opposite MC), a person free (parallel uranus)

:68:
March 18, 2020 at 15:44
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » goldenlion32
System message: Post has been written by user orkest, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I know it´s older post but it´s so accurate with my experience with Nodes so far.

South Node Aries North Node Libra 9th/3rd house. Like you wrote, but in my case it´s always feeling like I´ve been in a certain place when I had to travel far, really far. Deja vu. I had three trips like that and every time apart from why I went there it always gave me a lesson, something I needed or I´ve been asking for.
March 18, 2020 at 14:51
(Aquarius) nikkia » fishscales
**You can´t determine details of your past life or lives from a birth chart, just like you can´t determine exact details about your current life from a birth chart. No natal chart can tell you "you´re going to work at the post office" or "you´re going to live in Switzerland." **

I have to ask, WHY NOT? If the natal is one´s stellar DNA, it can readily answer these very basic questions. Where you live and where you work ´should´ be easily seen in the natal.

Fish, this is not directed at you at all -- but more at the idea of what the natal is -- and how astrology ´limits´ the information already embedded there.

I cannot shake the feeling that the natal chart tells ALL.

Perhaps ´we´ just haven´t unlocked the Natal Code yet.

Food for thought.

(A thought that keeps me up some nights)
February 21, 2020 at 18:46
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » goldenlion32
"Yet for some reason there´s always a feeling in the 12th house there"

Hello, Golden! ⚘

My 12th house is pretty empty. Beside Lilith ??

I´m not very good in spotting patterns, nor the signs of Karma in what´s happening to me. That´s why I need to read and understand the whole picture.

Maybe it´s smth that comes in time?

The Nn/Sn axis is again on the cusp for me, on the 7th/8th house cusp so I´m reading and thinking about both descriptions.
February 21, 2020 at 18:15
(Capricorn) Luna Alba » jerrynna
Hello, Jerryna! ⚘?

Thank you for sharing your insights ? and Vedic basic explanations ⚘.

Being at the very beginning in learning the Western astrology basis, I find Vedic both exotic/sexy and very difficult to understand, although fascinating.

It is smth I will probably approach in the future.

I´m not that interested in the details of the past lives, but more about some karma I might have and in which areas, what should I do to "pay my dues", life goal...this is smth I would like to research.

I´m not psychic/intuitive (just look at my chart and you won´t be puzzled ?), so I can´t say it comes natural for me so intercept and properly interpret signs, patterns, and to have the revelation of my true meaning...

That´s why I thought about doing some research in terms of karma, what I did wrong, what I should correct in this lifetime...?

I feel like an old soul, no many lives left for me, I don´t want to mess it up again ?

"I´d say, you are here to fulfill your past life desire of being Independent and taking care of yourself"

⚘ Wow, this is a good guess ? . But it´s smth that comes very natural to me. I´ve been doing this successfully for some years already ?

Although, it comes so easy and natural that I´m afraid I will only leave this way, and not pursue a meaningful partnership, smth I truly desire...:)
February 20, 2020 at 05:09
(Pisces) fishscales » jerrynna
When it comes to past lives and astrology, I think the tip of the iceberg is sufficient.

Sure, there´s harmonic charts and understanding how they interplay with your natal chart, but after a while, it all becomes intellectual noise.

If someone really wants to know the details of their previous existences, they should learn to meditate and experience them. I have no doubt this is entirely possible, although I have no aptitude for it myself.

Saturn in the 8th in my natal tells me I have karma regarding sex. Mars in the 8th is a good indicator of WHY I have karma with sex. That´s enough intellectual knowledge for me.

What´s important is what I do with that information...
February 20, 2020 at 04:34
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
In Jyotish there are several divisonal charts, always also telling about your past life and your Karma. Rahu und Ketu do show up in every divisional chart. A good Astrologer is able to understand their interaction in a specific area, look at their relationship with other planets and houses and make a statement.

If we just look at a birth chart it´s very hard if not impossible to tell anything about a past life. The information at hand is too centralized. So looking at the North Node and the South Node in your chart can tell you something but it´s just the tip of the iceberg.
February 20, 2020 at 04:33
(Pisces) fishscales
Just one more word about astrology/karma...

Saturn and Pluto are both said to be karmic planets...

I think Saturn represents the retributive factor of karma...the eye for an eye principle...

Pluto represents karmic patterns that become deeply ingrained in our psyche...some of which probably bring on alot of that Saturnian retribution...

Saturn and Pluto get all the publicity, but really, all the planets are karmic, since karma is the mechanism through which everything operates...at least at our level of being.
February 20, 2020 at 04:19
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Wanted to add something about the nodes...

I learned on this forum that the South Node (Ketu) represents a separative energy...

Ketu supposedly represents qualities brought over from past lives...

It makes sense that we need to "separate" from those old qualities...

The universe instinctively seeks balance...

Maybe that´s how the notion of pursuing what the North Node represents got started...
February 20, 2020 at 04:17
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
That´s why I replied to Luna Alba from the Vedic Astrology point of view.
Vedic is related to Hindu belief of a past life and Karma that manifests itself in the Vedic Astrology.
February 20, 2020 at 04:00
(Pisces) fishscales
You can´t determine details of your past life or lives from a birth chart, just like you can´t determine exact details about your current life from a birth chart. No natal chart can tell you "you´re going to work at the post office" or "you´re going to live in Switzerland."

What I think you can see in your chart is the energetic patterns that you have built up over your past lives: the archetypal energies of the planets, where those energies manifest in your life, and how those energies interact with eachother.

It´s tough because there´s two aspects to karma:

The retrubutive aspect (what goes around comes around)

And what I think of as a karmic snowball effect: qualities and habits that strengthen and fortify themselves over the course of multiple existences.

I don´t know how you can tell which kind of karma you´re looking at in any particular astrological configuration in a natal chart. Maybe a little of both types. Take a particular aspect, say, Venus square Neptune. Venus in hard aspect to Neptune could mean that you will be deceived in love affairs, or it could mean that you will be a deceiver in love affairs. I´m not really that interested in predictive astrology, so the important thing to understand about the karmic implications of Venus square Neptune is that your love life may somehow become entangled with deception, whether you are the deceiver of the deceived. Don´t forget that someone who is deceived in love is often guilty of self-deception as well. So the lines between what a particular aspect represents may become blurred--the outer and the inner circumstances merge. In any case, attitudes towards love and romance would need to be examined carefully and honestly by the native.

Anyway, I´m probably getting way off topic.

The essence of what I´m trying to say is that you can´t see the details of your past life in the natal chart, but you can see the qualities of your past lives. Evetything is energy, and positive change involves a conscious and deliberate manipulation of your own energies, so understanding the energies at work and how they interact is the important thing.
February 20, 2020 at 03:26
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Hi!
I was just researching on this, so I felt compelled to share some with you.

This is all from Vedic (Sidereal) point of view.

I know you´re a very proud Capricorn but in Vedic Astrology you´re Ascendent is in Aries in the Ashwini Pada 2 Nakshatra.

It´s said that the Ascendent (and it´s Nakshatra) is a primal desire from our past life that was left unfulfilled and one of the reasons why we reincarnated again in this lifetime (to have a chance to satisfy this desire).
The other reason for the reincarnation being to go through the 4 karmas.

Your Ascendent in Aries tells me that you will focus on yourself first. It´s the opposite sign of Libra, who´s desire is to merge with a Partner (or the World), who is better in a Team than alone. Aries is the first sign and it needs to be independent.

Your Nakshatra Ashwini Pada 2:
The second pada of the Ashwini Nakshatra falls in the Taurus Navamsa. It is governed by Venus. It is resourceful and practical, because it associates everything that is graceful, and brilliant about the Ashvini Kumaras. All material ideas and thoughts will manifest in this pada.

Source: https://www.ganeshaspeaks.com/astro…

I´d say, you are here to fulfill your past life desire of being Independent and taking care of yourself (Aries Ascendent) and to live it in a venusian, resource driven and practical kind of way (Ashwini Pada 2, Taurus, Venus).

One can imply that this could mean in your past life you were living the opposite way, maybe you were dependent on your family or your spouse financially and couldn´t act out on your desires of your soul. Maybe you were mostly impractical and chaotic (a bit like a Scorpio ;) ).

That is of course just one interpretation and in the end no one knows what our past life was (if there even was one). But to look at the Ascendent in that way and at the Nakshatras can help to find out, what we are suppose to be doing here now in this lifetime. So, skip the online quiz trap ;)

About the 4 Karmas. I´m still learning about it. But yes, it has to do with the North Node and the South Node (or Rahu and Ketu in Vedic).
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
February 19, 2020 at 21:55
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
I have a sense of past lives with the South Node Leo and North Node Aquarius in the 1st/7th house axis. It´s always feeling like I´ve been here and done this before with relationships. But I don´t really have the details and sure, I´ve had some dreams at times, but whether that is past life or not, I have no clue.

Regression Therapy is something I´d like to try once. But yes, I´m aware karma and dharma is very active in my life and always have noticed it. Although as they´ve stated do I really want to remember all the trauma´s and victories of other lives. This life has enough of it´s own to handle.

Yet for some reason there´s always a feeling in the 12th house there needs to be more investigation into past lives since it´s part of healing this life time and moving forward.

Which is probably why I love Ea Evolutionary Astrology and Vedic. It pushes the limits of what the average Psychological community is willing to confront and I sometimes feel they´re holding people back from healing.
February 19, 2020 at 21:47
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » IIyyaarr13
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I wish I could understand your posts. I feel like there´s something there.
February 19, 2020 at 20:39
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Consider the possibility of overlapping lives, that you are yourself in an almost identical timeline as well as someone similar to yourself in another country, that there was a cycle of incarnations where you had to be Djiboutian and Taiwanese again. It would explain why amnesia is more of a goal than pitfall! :25: :63: :43: :22:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »