Dominant planet calculations

February 10, 2020 at 02:31 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) ♡Faith♡
Dominant planet calculations
I was wondering why some dominant planet have different results
For example
On astroseek seek my Dominant planet is Neptune
However on astrodienst it’s Mars(I do not agree with the results)

Can anybody explain why?
Thanks

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
February 19, 2020 at 12:13
(Cancer) SaturnineMoonchild
It might be because this site uses aspects as well as the rulers of every planet´s sign to calculate dominance; I think most astrologers would only consider the rulers of the Sun, Moon, Ascendant, and Midheaven signs. Some don´t even factor Uranus, Neptune, or Pluto. I´m not sure how it´s done on astrodienst.
I actually disagree with this site´s calculation of dominants, because in my chart it shows Pluto as equal to my Moon in strength and more powerful than Saturn. While I agree that Pluto is a strong influence on my chart, I contend that Saturn is stronger.
Of course I may simply be under-recognizing Pluto´s influence, but Saturn just feels more "right" to me.
February 10, 2020 at 03:09
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I would often like to accept what is dominant according to the Dominant´s button, however I unconsciously dismiss :160:; :160: is in aspects and several important parallels in my chart! :22:
Contra-parallels are just as important! :44:
Some of the Astrologer´s here juggle several different Astrologies at once and some are sworn to uphold one Astrology School! :4:
Astrodienst and Astrotheme do try to uphold their credibility; Astro-Seek I come back to the most! :83:
:155: versus :159: could be decided by travel and living abroad as much as anything else!
February 10, 2020 at 03:09
(Cancer) TimeLord
My Dominant is Venus and Libra.
You will not find anything related Venus inside me.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2020
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »