Yes or No thought experiment

January 29, 2020 at 03:39 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology
Yes or No thought experiment
I have a weird thought experiment that I´d like some feedback on.

Say when you commit a certain act, let´s call it the "red pill", you recieve a negative consequence/punishment. Now the red pill is something you´re very fond of. It brings you joy. It´s a pleasurable experience. You know that after you´re done with the red pill you will experience a temporary pain and suffering. The act of doing the red pill isn´t good for your physical health but it´s not that bad either. The punishment is recieved via an external source outside the act of doing the red pill. And the joy it brings is temporary as well.

Here´s the fun bit

What if you recieved the negative consequence/punishment before doing the red pill? Granting you a chance to do the red pill without recieving mentioned effects afterwards. The cycle would continue like this.

Would you do it?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
October 30, 2020 at 22:03
(Cancer) betelgeuse's granddaughter » Milagrin
totally agree :4:
October 30, 2020 at 22:02
(Cancer) betelgeuse's granddaughter
ik this feeling, I wouldn´t do this anymore.
January 29, 2020 at 22:04
(Aquarius) Milagrin
I guess it depends if you are into pain or pleasure - but how much pain its also subjective.

I for one wouldn´t want pain, being pleasure-driven Taurus rising, I have high Venus score and low Mars score (hidden in my 12th house - hates confrontation) in my chart. Am also a quick learner.

Call me boring but I have only got drunk once in my entire life hated the feeling, the thought of projectile and sick headachy feeling keeps me away from such stupor nonesense - I was age 16 at the time, yeap! hate pain, love pleasure.
January 29, 2020 at 21:08
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
System message: Post has been written by user 3ofSwords, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
How can you have any meat if you don´t eat your pudding :61:

(BDSM joke)

https://youtu.be/HrxX9TBj2zY
YouTube
YouTube
January 29, 2020 at 19:45
(Taurus) nutelina
I was joking before :-) So that´s why your parents told you to finish your meal before having desert? :2:
January 29, 2020 at 19:44
(Taurus) nutelina » 3ofSwords
Wow, that´s a good one! :43:
January 29, 2020 at 19:18
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user 3ofSwords, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
:61: oy vey now there´s a conundrum!
January 29, 2020 at 18:35
(Taurus) nutelina
No.
January 29, 2020 at 15:31
(Pisces) fishscales
How would this work for someone who´s into ballbusting?

Does he consent to getting kicked in the nuts before or after he gets...kicked in the nuts...?
January 29, 2020 at 15:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nocturnal Astrology
=====
So denial of the irresistible pleasure you crave to avoid the consequence all together? This is the duality of polarization than. Actual choice over ones outcome by avoidance. Not giving in, in order to opt out. While I applude the ideal you see it as... In essence your still creating suffering. This consequence though is of your own making. And then in turn there´s no enjoyment of life. I mean correct me if I am wrong please, but isnt the point of life to find love in the journey till the end? Maybe I am just being delusional and believe that the gods already wish they had freewill as we do that is why they lay the traps and dish the consequences to punish us for being able to experince the pleasure at the depths that we do??? What is fair in life honestly...? Give & take are fundamentally ingrained in the very fabric of this reality. Even the tree must use oxygen in order to grow. The stream erode earth in order to flow. Is it just naive of me to see the solution is just letting go of fears as the best solution?

https://youtu.be/_TsOPjZEF6E
YouTube
YouTube
January 29, 2020 at 13:38
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology » 3ofSwords
Spent all night thinking about this

I think I would give in a couple times because it´s a logical decision to an extent. Risk and reward kind of thing. But I hate the concept of fate. To recieve the effects before the cause tells me destiny expects me to do the red pill. I would eventually view this as a chance to transcend one of mankind´s limitations. Taking free will out of the hands of the gods by force. The sacrifice being a pleasure you find irresistible. Fair trade
January 29, 2020 at 12:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » dani_mae1
=====
Right... It becomes an issue of do the benefits out weigh the consequences.
Which if you answer yes said consequence is irrelevant if the red pill is an essential.
January 29, 2020 at 09:48
(Taurus) dani_mae1
“ Would you do it?”

Probably. I mean I guess technically if you look at it I literally take a pill every day that has consequences (tremors, frequent urination, weight gain, among a slew of other potential side effects). But it keeps me stable emotionally for the day. So, yes whoever said desperation is scary was correct.

There are many real life situations people have to choose the red pill because the other options are too devastating.

So I can see in human nature why anyone would choose to take the red pill.
January 29, 2020 at 05:56
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » 3ofSwords
Welcome,ttyl
January 29, 2020 at 05:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Iceblu333
=====
Oof wrong video linked on that but now I can´t find it and I´m sleepy ... Thanks for differences in opinion.

https://youtu.be/3GWwohI5h1w
YouTube
YouTube
January 29, 2020 at 05:35
Hmm, ok.
January 29, 2020 at 05:34
=====
Taxpayer´s pay for that ... Even though the sacrifice isn´t directly associated to those receiving doesn´t mean in any means that that freedom was giving without sacrifice.
January 29, 2020 at 05:27
:39:theres no such thing as a free lunch??? :63: :39:
January 29, 2020 at 05:26
=====
Realistically speaking only in general not saying you are by any means but you can´t actually want something and receive it without knowing some sense of sacrifice is involved
January 29, 2020 at 05:23
I am irrational. :4:

By your standards.
January 29, 2020 at 05:23
=====
Having no pain is irrational and a delusion nothing worth having comes without some measure of consequence
January 29, 2020 at 04:57
I think of the pain before the pleasure because you can experience pleasure way more without the consequences later but before.

But in the end, id rather have no pain at all
January 29, 2020 at 04:52
=====
Scary no rather its more a phylosophical study of human behavior. But the whole of life is pleasure begot pain. I actually do like the idea of the suffering before the pleasure. It prevokes the quality of the pleasure that much more intense because you have the memory of the pain. Your enjoyment is higher. Thus knowing choosing the pill again the "consequence" is survivable.
January 29, 2020 at 04:36
...Scary to break a person with so much drive... oh well.
January 29, 2020 at 04:34
At that point all that matters is the fact that you are getting your red pills... if not... I feel bad for you... or/and the company you keep...

Scary experiment... to say the least...
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Pisces Pisces
Show calendar »