Let´s Talk About Venus

January 24, 2020 at 22:16 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Let´s Talk About Venus
Tell me all about your Venus. Botticelli´s La Nascita di Venere may be the most famous Venus, and I love it, but I´ve always had a slight preference for Bouguereau´s (below).

Venus is where you will find beauty, sensuality, sex and love in your chart.

My Venus is in her own domicile of Libra, but in the 12th house. In fact, it is because of Venus that I left Placidus behind and adopted the Whole Sign House System. She just didn´t make sense in the 11th house. As such she leads me to great heights, inspires me, but if I´m not careful she can turn into Kali,imprison and devour me.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Page: 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
August 14, 2020 at 02:33
(Gemini) Neon_Mage » ancient_astrology
Don´t worry, I never took those generalist descriptions to heart. Always seemed too exaggerated to me. I honestly don´t see myself being a "professional venusian" though, haha.

And thanks.
August 13, 2020 at 13:31
(Sagittarius) Sus
My Venus it´s in 12th if whole system is used. Scorpio Venus...
Totally reasonates with me. Not sure about house though...but yeah...maybe my self sacrificing nature and very illusional can well fit there
August 13, 2020 at 13:14
(Taurus) Tacins » Green Garden
Hi, there

My Venus in the 8th trines Jupiter, so I love intensily (and maybe too much). It´s not evenly distributed. It´s usually concentrated to very few.
August 13, 2020 at 12:58
(Taurus) Tacins » Chadjames
"For yourself, it may manifest as spiritual guidance."

I think it already has. Multiple times. I learned through pain more than I learned through love.

"Is that the partner you are looking for??"

If my thought process above is right, I´m not sure to be honest.
August 13, 2020 at 12:13
(Scorpio) Promethean_Soul
I want to share my experience of my Venus placement. My Venus is in libra and 11th house. I love to have good relationships with people. In my life very very few times i have broken my relationship with someone. Before astrology i always said ´ good community is the best way for healthy relationships and it works in every field of life , family , work and so on´. This idea come from my Venus placement and now I understand why I thought like that. I firstly want to have good relationships and flirting for me secondary , and this also fits Venus is 11th house. In our neighborhood all our neighboors love me and i also love them and i have very gentle and kind relationships with them. Lastly I have very very good relationships with children. I love them and sometimes I play with them. 5th house is our children and 11th house is other people or friends´ children.
I shared my experiences very objectively , i didn´t want to use words like my neighboors love me and so on.
August 13, 2020 at 10:53
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Tacins
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hi, i should add that my Venus is squaring Neptune :4:

How to you feel your Pisces Venus?
August 12, 2020 at 23:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user themagi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Got Venus in Scorpio in the 2nd. I have no idea what it´s doing there. It´s also my chart ruler so I guess it´d be sorta important to know :P
August 12, 2020 at 19:35
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » ancient_astrology
Help!!!

I wanna be rich!!!!! Read my chart!!!!!

Will I be rich, will I?????

Come, on!!!!

:6:
August 12, 2020 at 18:46
(Taurus) Tacins » Green Garden
I have Venus in Pisces, but that´s not my experience at all.
August 12, 2020 at 14:41
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » dani_mae1
Yes, I keep meaning to write about them. In any case, profections are good for checking on which planets or house topics will be activated during the year.

There are also circumambulation of the bounds and solar revolutions, but they take a little more time to check on and calculate, so I just usually talk about profections on here since they are easy to see at a glance.
August 12, 2020 at 14:37
(Taurus) dani_mae1 » ancient_astrology
That makes sense. Thanks for checking that!

I forgot about profect. I believe you have a few topics on it I’m gonna go refresh my memory with!
August 12, 2020 at 14:13
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » dani_mae1
Dani_Mae, your Venus is not particularly activated this year through profect, so there´s no reason a Venus return (which happens often enough) should have a great impact.
August 12, 2020 at 13:51
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Neon_Mage
Fallen_Mage, any astrologer who told you that should not be listened to. Venus is the lesser benefic in your chart, but she is in adversity or detriment here in Aries. This could mean a number of things, but it usually means some disunity, falling apart or something unusual in terms of your love life and it also means that you are or should be doing something Venusian with your career. As she is in your 10th house, it´s not about how much money you make, it is about either your reputation or career. She would indicate beginning things (cardinal signs) and maybe just falling apart or not having the organization to continue the particular career goal (adversity, detriment). You *may* even have a prominent position, but are plagued by the previously mentioned challenges. She brings in matters concerning your family, parents and friends or social life into the 10th house of career and reputation. That´s very vague, I know, and that´s why it´s important to get to know the person whose chart I´m reading, because that could mean many things. In terms of your career and money though, you do have Mars in the second house. He´s the main malefic in your chart, so there will tend to be some distress as regards to financial matters. All is not lost though. Even though Venus is weakened in Aries, she does form a trine to that Mars, so he is helped some by her. You also have lot of fortune and lot of spirit in the first house, which is good, and you their Lord (the Moon) is in a succedent house in the 11th which isn´t bad. These placements should help out some.

Sorry. I am not saying that you can´t make money; however, any astrologer who sees that Venus as an indication of getting rich really does not know astrology at all. There are a number of challenges in this chart related to money. You can overcome these challenges but it is unlikely you are just going to get rich by luck alone.

You are since May in a fourth house profection year. Now that has to do with matters concerning your parents and family should become prominent in some way. Because it´s in Libra, Venus gets activated so you can expect some activity in terms of your love life and maybe the two things are related. The fact that you have Jupiter, your main benefic, located there should help things quite a bit.

Good luck.
August 12, 2020 at 02:44
(Gemini) Neon_Mage
Venus in Aries 10th. All the interpretations make it sound like I´m supposed to grow rich and famous, but I honestly haven´t seen anything of the sort happen yet. :61:
August 12, 2020 at 00:53
(Taurus) Milami
I resonate with whole sign venus in 3rd in gemini. The most shallow venus you will ever see :61: :61: :61:
August 11, 2020 at 21:47
(Aquarius) nikkia
Venus in Aquarius:

"OH sure ! When Venus lies around in a seashell, she´s a Goddess.

When I do it, I´m ´drunk´ and ´no longer welcome at the Aquarium!"

sheesh.

(loves humanity but can only take socializing with people for about 7 minutes !:)
August 11, 2020 at 19:37
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Asteroid #448, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
My venus in Aquarius tropical whole sign and I agree with the description, usually I look to friendships, my inner groups because with her in hse 11, this is just double emphasis on Aquarius traits. I think aquarius is known for airiness and not emotions but oh boy there is a LOT of emotion in aquarius, but good thing or bad thing i´m not decided on this is that aquarius in venus will verbalize any upsets with a partner, detaching from the situation to talk about it like when having a sun and mercury conjunction
However with the progression into Pisces in 12th majoooor changes. This is like being a super empath, shes into feelings and cant separate, talking and touching and sentimental things ( even as my mind still clings to previous Aquarius traits so wants to totally reject this new way of being). Things got weird when I added on another pillow because apparently I like holding things now :98:
August 11, 2020 at 15:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Green Garden, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Venus in Pisces....loving all mankind :75:
August 11, 2020 at 13:36
(Pisces) fishscales » spiral
"Will leads to the Castle.
Desire leads to the bottomless pit."

Not sure what the "castle" is, but I´m guessing it´s our highest level of being, or synonymous with something like "the kingdom" given the context.

As such, I´d agree with that statement...in general.

But... Will can be desire driven as well...

There are two kinds of will... The will of the ego, which is fueled by desire itself, and the will of the Being...our highest nature, divine nature, or whatever you want to call it...

On the other hand...submitting to the will of the Being does require a superhuman degree of willpower... It generally goes against everything we have ever been taught, everything that makes us feel comfortable, secure, etc.
August 11, 2020 at 12:11
(Taurus) dani_mae1
If I use whole house, my Venus is in the 7th house conjunct my descendant in the sign of Gemini. I recently had my venus “return” but I have not experienced anything I’d contribute to it at first glance. Hubs and I have been closer lately so there’s that.

I recently went on an asteroid kick and found Ceres was trine my venus which the interpretations seem to point to being a love bug basically. I’m trying to figure out my love placements because love is a big motivator for me—all various forms of it, friendship, lover, mother, spouse, children, pets.
August 11, 2020 at 02:14
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Tacins
Tacins, if you are using traditional astrology any planet in Scorpio trines any planet in Pisces. The power becomes greater if the planets are closer to degree, however, there is no such concept as orbs in traditional (Hellenistic or Medieval) astrology. So it´s a trine not a semi-trine.
August 11, 2020 at 02:05
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Venus = Desire
Mars = Will

Will > Desire therefore Mars > Venus
August 11, 2020 at 01:33
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Pardon me.

Furthermore.

I love when transiting Venus goes to and through my 8th house.

Cha-Ching!!!!

Its gonna happen in a few weeks, for me.

For yourself, it may manifest as spiritual guidance.

Is that the partner you are looking for??

Because I would love to be married to that!!
August 11, 2020 at 01:19
(Taurus) Tacins » Chadjames
Hi, and thank you.

By "semi-trine", I meant that because I use the whole house system, technically (I think) that the Jupiter in Scorpio seems to form a trine (not an exact one because of the degree difference) with Venus in Pisces.

But I will research this aspect you mentioned. Thanks again.
August 11, 2020 at 01:10
System message: Post has been written by user Chadjames, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The post/picture 2 posts up from yours is classic Venus in Pisces.

Your Venus and Jupiter are not semi-trine.

I don´t know what that is??

A sextile?? Anyway.

Those two planets are sesqui-square.

Research the 135 degree aspect for clarification.

Venus in the 8th has probably saved your ass many times. But, in typical form, the blessing was a rolling swell.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »