Astrological Existential Crisis

January 15, 2020 at 06:29 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology
Astrological Existential Crisis
I´ve come to ponder about where astrology was, where it is, and where it will be. My position is naturally biased because of my roots in traditional/hellenistic astrology. Still I try to remain as objective as possible. There are two areas I would like to explore in depth:

1. Does the quantity of the human population affect the foundation of astrology?

And

2. Is astrology better suited for one individual over the other because of their nativity?

Both of these areas are linked very closely. These questions challenge the very essence of astrology. All forms including Vedic, Modern/Psychological, Hellenistic, Etc. I would ask that everyone take time to think on these matters before posting a reply.

Never before in known history have we reached a population of today´s magnitude.

(In approx. millions)
2000 BCE: 27
1000 BCE: 50
500 BCE: 100
1 AD: 300
200 AD: 256
1800 AD: 1000
2019 AD: 7700

Surely this must have to some degree, in one form or another, altered the way astrology applies to the lives of human beings.

Which leads me to the second question. In Hellenistic Astrology, there exists a perception of judging a person´s nativity as prominent and not so prominent. The essential dignities, houses, terms, decans, lot of fortune, and angles all play a role in how the natives life would be determined. We can chalk it up to simply "good" or "bad" charts but I want to know if the more prominent natal charts have a greater value for astrological interpretation. It sounds very elitist. The best analogy I can think of is the difference between kings and peasants. It´s such foreign way of thinking in today´s world but can we agree that the natal chart of a king is more valuable than that of a peasant?

In my experience, as little as that it is, prominent charts are very rare. With the world population
where it is today, I´d imagine the numbers were even less so in the past. The belief that astrology is a celestial phenomenon indicates that everything, that ever was or will be, is affected. I think one of the primary goals of all astrologers is to become better at the craft. Making more accurate delineations and uncovering new techniques. I look forward to what we´ll know tomorrow. After all, we are the future of astrology..

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 25, 2020 at 15:16
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user 3ofSwords, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Bump

I can´t read a natal chart to save my life! :61: So I feel like if you have the gift to interpret them it should be an obligation of service to others to help. Even if those people are mere peasants in your eyes sharing wisdom never goes unpaid for. You will get out of the next life what you put into this one.
January 21, 2020 at 05:47
(Gemini) AstroWeek » Nocturnal Astrology
That´s interesting,I need to try this.
January 21, 2020 at 01:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nocturnal Astrology
System message: Post has been written by user 3ofSwords, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
The fact you remain in hope is promising. While I do dispise labels I highly regard magic as a means to find and understand the paradoxes of life. But ironically I do not take refuge in a superficial explanation of time and space. Life is so full of intrinsic misery and suffering that manifests itself as a consequence of our intrinsic vulnerability. Of our irrational fears of the known vs the unknown. To remain mortal is to have a deeper fear or terror of isolation. The fact that your limited in the face of infinite complexity is the only real problem man has today in this materialistic world. Full of first world issues. I do still have a nagging misunderstanding of your ideological views however. You refer to life as though most are mere puppets of a rational scheme with output of predicted explanations ultimately leading to destruction and yet allude to mastering over oneself as to attain more profound understandings of man. Mastery over fear perhaps since you state you mearly search as a coping mechanism. I find myself drawn more to the Jung conclusion that what you want most is to be found where you least want to look. But I always seek divine higher self wisdom.
In all of human nature´s beautiful flaws ultimate fatality and fear of death is why man created faith. That their belief systems will protect them against death anxiety. Whatever is wrong and needs rectification, no matter how idiosyncratically strange or irrational a belief may seem, we hold onto these conditionings as a way to avoid and confront the truth to ourselves.
In the context of your original question I do feel you can only attempt to push someone in the right direction but it is their own behavioral pathology that will decide their fate. Besides how can I, a proponent of magical existance, deny that I manifest my reality. Someone else may react in such a way that offends our very essence. But each person is endowed with an ability to adapt, evolve, master and then further challenge the psychological predicament of contemporary man. Believe in magic and honor that magic because without it the vulnerability is too great.

"When I consider the brief span of my life, swallowed up in the eternity before and after, the small space which I fill, or even can see, engulfed in the infinite immensity of spaces whereof I know nothing, and which know nothing of me, I am terrified, and wonder that I am here rather than there, for there is no reason why here rather than there, or now rather than then." -B. Pascal

Alas I am a stoic avid romanticizer

This may expalin in far greater and in more deatil my point. http://sivanandaonline.org/public_h…
January 20, 2020 at 21:04
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology » AstroWeek
Not that we take important decisions but any decision we make, the chances of success are greater during those periods.

Also doing this while facing the direction of your greater benefic natal planet helps as well.
So say you have a night chart and your Natal Venus lies in the first house. Face east
January 20, 2020 at 20:35
You mean when the transiting Ascendent conj. natal POF or conj. Natal Jupiter or Venus we take important decisions
January 20, 2020 at 18:47
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology » 3ofSwords
Eh my hope for humanity isn´t lost but I´m definitely not holding my breath.

I truly do envy your views on free will. During this journey of tumbling down the astrological rabbit hole I´ve abandoned all notions of free will. I believe their are areas of life with a greater propensity for free will and others that lean more towards fate and we´re just bouncing around that spectrum til the end. But in the grand scheme of things, on the timeline of existence, everything boils down to fate. The will of the gods prevail until we as humans elevate ourselves to overcome them. It´s an exausting philosophy... But that´s probably just my defense mechanism for trying to remain hopeful lol

I agree with you about the "13´th" zodiac sign. Such utter nonsense will only cause more confusion. Lol I could talk about that all day.
January 20, 2020 at 18:36
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology » AstroWeek
The Solar Arc technique is interesting. I´ll have to try this out. Paired with further elections for beneficial periods I can see this being very useful.

Just came across a method of a more precise technique for success. Using the transiting Ascendant to become conjuct with your greater benefic planet. The window of whatever decision you make is narrowed down to about 30 minutes. Try this out, tell me what you think.
January 19, 2020 at 22:03
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Iceblu333
Edited*
January 19, 2020 at 22:00
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » Nocturnal Astrology
"What I would like to know, or explore, is how useful astrology is for those with or without prominent charts. The overall effects an individual has when they hear delineations of sorrow or joy based on the fate they entered when they were born."

It´s beneficial to avoid battles you will eventually lose.

There was a story text about it... somewhere.

...About someone betraying a king during a war because they saw that the king would lose in the end... the user made the best deal to save his life and others because he could see the future....

I´ve read so much that I forgot...

But even for people with weak charts. There are events that are triggered and shown in thier charts.

Whether you can actually use it to your advantage is up to what you are allowed to see... I´m a Fatalist.

...my opinion of course... take it with a grain of salt.
January 19, 2020 at 21:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Nocturnal Astrology
=====
The natural curiosity of fate and exisatance. I think therefore I am. Astrology is in my opinion solid in it´s teachings and calculations. I hope no amount of time or other factor will ever change how we evaluate the planets or their transits. Despite the various schools of thought on the subject.

As far as your questions. I do believe some are endowed with a natural talent to understand these mysteries more so then others. Just as some are born with inate abilities others cannot preform.

Would it be pretentious to assume your life more valuable then another, perhaps. I think you are forgetting that we are all connected. Everything has a direct or indirect correlation to one another. The secret is free thinking and freewill. Harnessing the magic accessable or not. Population is growing because the souls are fracturing to keep going on soul journeys. We are not learning from the past therefore we are bound to repeat it.

As a professional you wouldn´t deny a client service purely based on your assumption of who they are or are not. But as far as speaking on deeper enlightenment ... Only those inclined with enlightment can gleam any understanding from your relay of information. True knowledge is for those initiated. Those not meant to see will never see. Truth is for those whom seek it. Elites definitely use astrology to better themselves. The common person would not even realize the significance but dont deny them wisdom simply due to their station in this reality.

Bringing me to my next point. The new 13th zodiac sign which is definitely meant to confuse and confalude the truth even further. Making the lost and hopeless even more pitiful. The deeper study into the history of astrology can only reveal the true purpose of life and how application of wisdom should be used. Our Natal charts do reveal a great deal of our paths in life and some things may be laid out as our destiny. But dont negate the power of magic and how used correctly, it can transform and pave new roads.

Keep hope. Our lives are but brief moments in this reality but you never know what impact you may have for someone by giving them some hope.... That maybe tomorrow may not be as dull as yesterday. It is not for you to decide how a person handles their own self truths. We can only inform those willing to listen. Point to answers for them. It is only by their own desire can they make it through this dimension. If they want it enough it will happen.
The universe provides exactly what I need when I need it. If your feeling curious there is a great philosophical channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/…
January 16, 2020 at 11:46
I agree with this,it´s true "to have the benefics in a conjuct, squaring, or opposing aspect to the lot of fortune,....having your greater benefic planet in the 10th house from the lot of fortune is ideal for status).I think when somebody don´t have prominent chart is something else in his chart show you what follow.Also when I can´t see result from one predictive technique I use something different.
Sometimes I use solar arc and check this when part of fortune (by solar arc) make conjunction with MC (10 house) this is lucky moment for make career,for status,but also make money and to be famous.I use also POF( by solar arc) conjunction with natal Sun,Moon,ASC it´s very prominent for success.When My Part of Fortune make conj with my natal Sun in 12 house I start the best work (sun) in foreign country (12 house) and I have the best salary of my life.Part of Fortune is always about to receive money,to be lucky. I am not sure if this answers you looking for.
January 16, 2020 at 00:58
(Gemini) Nocturnal Astrology » ancient_astrology
Well breaking down a prominent chart would ideally contain:

(except malefics) placements in the angular houses, 1st 4th 7th and 10th, and even more so to have the benefics in a conjuct, squaring, or opposing aspect to the lot of fortune (I´ve heard somewhere that having your greater benefic planet in the 10th house from the lot of fortune is ideal for status).

Planetary placements in the signs of their own exaltation or domicile or within the terms or decans of the given exaltation or domicile.

Empty 6th and 12th houses

Beneficial fixed star placements

Well placed chart rulers (master of the nativity)

Sequenced zodiacal releasing to recieve utmost power from benefics

The list goes on...

What I would like to know, or explore, is how useful astrology is for those with or without prominent charts. The overall effects an individual has when they hear delineations of sorrow or joy based on the fate they entered when they were born.
January 15, 2020 at 23:19
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I´m not sure I follow what you are saying. As you know, in Hellenistic Astrology, we look for the Lot of Fortune, Spirit and Exaltation, and primarily we expect them to be in angular houses (1st,10th, 7th, and 4th) if the native is to have prominence.

Of course, prominence is relative. Not everybody is going to be a King or a movie star, but one can be prominent within one´s community.

Like I said, I´m not sure I follow your argument, so if you break it down,perhaps we can have further discussion.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »