What Makes For A Good Relationship?

January 12, 2020 at 04:44 (UT/GMT)
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
What Makes For A Good Relationship?
So many discussions here are about relationships.

So what makes a good long lasting one?

I mean a relationship that lasts many years.

I have had a 23+ year relationship and it was always comfortable.

I could always talk about my deep feelings and needs and know I’d be listened to.

To me it’s a truly profound friendship, that does involve sexual feelings.

Because I am always asked why did that decades long relationship end I will say....

It ran it’s course. The romance and sexual tension ran out , but the friendship remains. And the love.

A good relationship involves personal investment and trust.

She is whom I would entrust my cat Tuesday to, if anything happened to me.

A good relationship is fulfilling each other’s needs on all levels.
It’s easy when You love someone. Not that there isn’t up and downs and it requires effort.

I could say more but want to hear from You. :1:

What do You feel constitutes a great and enduring relationship?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 13, 2020 at 04:32
(Cancer) TimeLord
No relationship in my life is comfortable. Though I yet to have real romantic relationship.
It must be my bad natal chart.
No one to blame here except me.
January 13, 2020 at 03:18
(Pisces) fishscales » Leo Moon
The ability to be comfortable in silence is great... no doubt...

But don´t underestimate the massages...they are important! :4:
January 12, 2020 at 23:20
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » dani_mae1
Well-put, dani_mae1.

I believe this is the reason my husband and I have been together almost 17 years (will be married 12 years this June). We had some things that initially attracted us to eachother (me Libra moon and him Libra rising, both of us being Venus dominant), but once we got to know each other, our suns really squared each other (him ♉️ me ♌️). Mid twenties was a very tough period--I was very pushy and impatient, and the more pushy I got, the more he dug his heals in. I needed to slow down and be patient with him. Meanwhile he was patient with me while I worked hard to mellow out my tendency to be over-bearing.

It´s been a slow process, but when we got to be about 30, things got easier. Now at 34, we rarely have all-out arguments. We know each other enough that we´re able to see the other´s point of view and work through things calmly and rationally.
January 12, 2020 at 22:54
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » fishscales
That is a good one Fish.

My first serious girlfriend, first Leo, I remember hiking through some beautiful forest for 6 or 7 hours and we didn’t say a word.

It was a wonderful day. Enjoying the wonder of nature together was special and intimate.

I learned a lot that day.
January 12, 2020 at 10:45
(Taurus) dani_mae1
Quite simply I believe the ability to grow and bring out the best qualities in each other is the fundamentals of a great relationship. But here lies the problem, it’s not practical to expect people to grow at the same rate, but it is reasonable to expect them to grow even if it’s at a snails pace. I think a loving partner should realize that, and be patient with their love. But not a pushover.
January 12, 2020 at 10:27
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu
I am too young to be giving a longterm result of a lasting relationship.
The only long lasting relationship i had was one of 6 years, with a lot of negative tension aspects, such as mars square mars, mars square pluto, mercury square mercury etc etc..
However, i did encounter someone whom i have a very good relationship with, build upon friendship, emotional compatibility and unconditional love.
We share a great deal of good aspects that amplify a bond that can´t be broken.

I believe Moon conjunct moon (exact to the degree) is the main aspect that makes it so unbreakable between us.
Venus sextile mercury is what has given us a poetic form of love.
Venus trine moon (double whammy) Is an overal sense of love and comfort with eachother.
Moon trine neptune acts as the next level of moon trine venus. making the bond very intuitive and romantic.
Jupiter trine sun creates the ability of being good friends
Venus opposite mars is a great deal of sexual attraction.
Mars sextile mercury i dont know what this one does.
Mercury trine mercury understanding and complementary thoughts and communication.
Venus trine chiron and it truely is a healing form of love.
Neptune trine Chiron this also seems to be the next level of healing love.
Mars trine jupiter i think this one is a stimulans for mutual growth
Venus trine sun natural attraction

I am sure this bond is one that will last a lifetime, it´s impossible to break it, we have seen this over and over again by the things we have gone through, really heavy things, but whatever it is, there is a natural urge to nurture eachother, and we act as magnets to eachother, always returning to a cozy state of loving in which all the problems and negativity get washed away simply by hearing eachothers voice.

A good friend once pointed out to me that the moons are the most important thing in synastry, and i do come to understand that this is true. Having moons exact conjunct is a very strong aspect, and i think, im rather sure, it´s my absolute favorite aspect of all.
January 12, 2020 at 08:00
(Pisces) fishscales
Being comfortable enough with eachother to enjoy sitting in the same room together without feeling the need to fill the air with words... It´s already filled with something better...

Respect for each other´s personal freedom...and idiosyncrasies...

The ability to give each other good massages when necessary!
January 12, 2020 at 04:46
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Obligatory photo of Tuesday.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »