Interpretation: Lot of Fortune Opposition Midheaven

January 9, 2020 at 02:58 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) pneumadeux
Interpretation: Lot of Fortune Opposition Midheaven
Hey everyone,

I have very little experience digging into the Arabic Parts.

I never realized until very recently that my own Lot (or Part) of Fortune is directly opposite my MC.

My POF is in Taurus in the 4th house, presumably indicating that in order for me to be fulfilled, I need a downright cuddly home base from which to launch my speculations. (Emotionally, this has always been true for me.)

I have always interpreted oppositions as areas where, due to the "tug of war" of influences, balance needs to be mindfully brought to bear.

In this case, would you say my Treasure In The Home is under constant distraction by my MC / 10th house situation(s)?

Classic case of Work / Life balance gone awry?

Appreciate your responses.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
January 10, 2020 at 05:16
(Scorpio) RAW
I have Fortune by MC , Idk what it means, AC close to my SUN AND MERCURY , AND IC conjunct MOON URANUS NEPTUNE VESTA, PLUTO TRINE MC , one thing forsure is I´m highly creative, and known for being an artist, IM 19 , i noticed i haven´t been doing my arts and crafts and now i don´t get as much attention as i used too when i did, I´m not an attention person but i would just get it by default. All the ideas i have for myself , business, money have an outcome of me being noticed. IDK where that comes from , i just know its true with my life. You could compare.
January 10, 2020 at 02:23
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
Noted. Drugs and Astrology reading go to the man.
January 10, 2020 at 02:11
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
You also owe him some drugs now...
January 10, 2020 at 01:32
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » pneumadeux
Busted. I did that late last night and wasn´t paying attention. The Lord of the part of fortune is indeed Venus. So in payment for my mistake, I will look at your chart more in depth a little later
January 10, 2020 at 01:18
(Gemini) pneumadeux » ancient_astrology
That was indeed quite helpful. Thank you.

Followup question for you: The Lord of the Part of Fortune in my case, as you say, is the Moon.

Why is it not Venus, as Venus rules Taurus, where my POF lies?

Thanks again. Enjoying the insight.
January 9, 2020 at 04:59
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
It´s not correct to interpret the Lot of Fortune in this way. Oppositions are only problematic with malefics, such as Mars and Saturn. The optimal placement of the Lot of Fortune is on the angles. Generally speaking the angles of the 1st and 10th are the best, followed by the angles of the 7th and 4th. In any case, your lot of fortune is favorably placed in the 4th and conjunct your IC. This is good for material support in life, and should help balance out an unfavorable placement of the Part of Fortunes Lord (the moon) which is applying to Saturn in the 2nd.

Hope that helps. There is no tug of war between your part of fortune and the MC. Part of your problem, and the one you are probably thinking of, has to do with that Lord of the Part of Fortune (the moon) maltreated by Saturn in the 2nd house. [Using Whole Sign House System]

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »