Sun Square Saturn--Tips on Overcoming

December 23, 2019 at 20:00 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) RunnerChic85
Sun Square Saturn--Tips on Overcoming
It turns out I have the dreaded Sun :194: Saturn :28: After reading the descriptions of it, my gosh it rings true for me.

Anyone else have this, and have you successfully overcome this (and how)? Anything particular stand out in my chart? I feel like I´m at a place in my life where I´m ready to work on this aspect.

I´ve recently been placed in a leadership position at work (activities team), which I´m beyond thrilled about, but when my boss said "Go show everyone what you´ve got" I´m terrified I´m going to mess up and look like a joke to my whole department, and then I have memories coming back of times in the past I´ve gotten negative feedback (worst was when a former supervisor told me she thinks I have ADHD--I actually do, and that I should be prepared to always struggle in life ?).

I´m very thrilled with this work opportunity, and already have some fun ideas--I just don´t want to blow it.

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
January 8, 2020 at 19:01
(Aries) ram_goat » RunnerChic85
Wonderful advice ram_goat! Not too familiar with band of brothers, but what you described is a wonderful illustration. I´m a fixer by nature, and probably would have picked up that rifle myself!

Like I said, not a very "pink" example but that scene illustrates the tensions within the
hearts of certain types of leaders, and it is something you have to overcome within yourself
in order to fill your role properly at certain points. It doesn´t make it easier, but you have to learn to bend and adapt your nature at a certain phase of the game for your own personal development.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…

this is the scene.. although it takes on a deeper meaning if you watch the series or the whole episode..
YouTube
YouTube
January 8, 2020 at 17:26
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » ram_goat
Wonderful advice ram_goat! Not too familiar with band of brothers, but what you described is a wonderful illustration. I´m a fixer by nature, and probably would have picked up that rifle myself!

I have a tendency to want to be involved, but today is challenging me, in a good way, to take a step back and guide the process from afar. My group is finally getting dialogue going amongst each other, and presenting their own ideas to the team as a whole. I´m very happy to see this.

I like how you put it about the growing pains--there certainly is an adjustment period, since I, and my coleader who does the financials, tend to do things differently. I like to think far ahead and on top of things (maybe because I know from my past, and from self-awareness, that organization is not something that comes naturally to me). She is more chill and go with the flow. It freaks me out waiting until 3 days before for something. We actually had a good discussion yesterday about our differences.
January 8, 2020 at 06:03
(Aries) ram_goat » RunnerChic85
Of course my Sun-Saturn square has me worrying that they think badly of me that I´m coming across as "my way or the high way"--that is the kind of leader I DON´T want to be, or even be perceived as that. I appreciate her feedback, and her demeanor (as a Cancer rising, I pick up on EVERYTHING), suggests she knows I want to be a good leader and she will help get me there.

You´ll get through it. I am not sure if more libra in your chart would help or harm you. Upper mgmt´s suggestion was MBA leadership 101. A lot of "management" and "schoolteacher" involve lazy but clever tactics to keep the kiddies (be they the adult variety or the child variety..) busy and not doing destructive things like ripping up the flower beds or throwing crayons. For that matter, parenting can be dreadfully dull.

After you get over the initial anxiety, you´ll just have to learn fortitude and patience. Leadership of groups of people can be so dreadfully dull. It´s much more fun being a lone wolf, or solo artist in whatever you do, not having to deal with the politics and with stupid people/stupid ideas, but honestly lone wolf is the least dynamic and not really the higher road. It was good advice that you were given. Learn that process, and focus on mastering it, becoming adept and skilled at guiding and steering it, and ignore dissention, negativity, disagreement and conflict that arises in the course of the process. Accept these things as normal parts & products and side effects of the process working as it should. When kids reach a certain age when their legs are growing their knees sometimes ache.. but it´s just growing pains and it is completely normal. This is not a very "pink" example but if you ever watched that tv series band of brothers, Damian Lewis (red haired guy) enters WW2 as a lowly lieutenant and gradually gets promoted as the war progresses, but he does face one difficult promotion in the show.. he is always pleased and his "men" are pleased as he gets promoted to ranks that put him in charge of the enlisted guys because he is a good leader and the men see this. He is promoted over several crassly incompetent candidates in the show, but the difficult promotion for him was later in the war when he gets promoted high enough that he no longer leads the men directly, but has to observe and lead them from HQ. He goes to observe one battle and sees a man in one of his former ranks who is bungling the attack and getting men needlessly killed, and at one point he gets so agitiated he picks up a rifle and is going to join the battle and lead his former company himself, personally. He is stopped by his superior who is standing next to him. To pick up a rifle at that rank is not appropriate, so he has to choose another competent man to lead in the battle. He chooses a good guy but the incident illustrates that command responsibility takes different forms at different levels of rank.

With groups, you have to keep a certain distance, engage with what´s going on, but also be aloof at the same time. You have to guide the process. You can´t be that former enlisted guy or lower rank that engages directly with people´s ideas or their petty squabbles. You have to see the higher patterns and oh god I´m about to say it.. "synergies" within the group. You can´t take it personal, not the good stuff, not the bad stuff. When they do well the praise belongs to the group, when they do badly the criticism belongs to them as well. Your job is guide the process. Be careful you don´t dip too low and join "the group" as a peer, it will wreck your grip on control of the process and on the group.

The good thing is, don´t take things personal, the bad thing is, you have to learn new ways of empathy that also incorporate proper social distance, and learn not to follow your heart so closely until you learn the lessons, then you can consider listening to your heart again, but what you heart and feelings say to you will have changed at that point anyway, because you will have grown and matured in other ways and in other things.
January 7, 2020 at 19:54
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » leorising
Yeah never a dull moment! Especially with two Gemini moon kids!
January 7, 2020 at 19:53
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » N_thecat
I do have that to some degree--when I accomplish something, I feel good for awhile, but then the feeling fades, and it´s like I´m always seeking out something more.

This moon square Venus has played out in a unique way. With Venus (in :174:) in my 1st, and moon (in :177:) conjunct Pluto (in :178:) in my 4th, there has always been tension between whoever I´m in a relationship with, and my family of origin, particularly my mother. She especially could not stand my now-husband (we started dating at 17), and even made some dirty attempts to break us up when we were younger. Thankfully my husband is a stubborn Taurus sun and moon, so her manipulative games never worked. Over time she has come to accept him, but there´s still tension between them, and I´m often caught in the middle.
January 7, 2020 at 17:56
(Pisces) N_thecat » darkneptune
."I also have Moon :194: Venus :4: like you. Does this aspect have strong influence in your life? I´ve heard it makes people who have it never fully satisfied with something they´ve accomplished."

I have to agree. It´s not an easy placement.
January 7, 2020 at 17:18
(Libra) leorising » RunnerChic85
what wonderful, do you have 4 kids! thats the way that i imagine my life!!! with lot of kids :4:
January 6, 2020 at 18:15
"I see most of people with Sun - Saturn aspects as very serious - more serious than others...And you may have a sense of humour and laugh a lot, but you always have voice inside your head that never lets you forget that "there is some work to do". People with Sun - Saturn aspects are hard-working and I guess it´s not a thing "I love my job" ( :61:), but rather something like an inner compulsion (?)"

This does sound like me--I go full-force at whatever I decide to go after. I can relax and laugh, and enjoy doing so, but yes, I´m always thinking "what work is there to do next?" It is like I have that inner compulsion--when I have too much work, I get stressed, but when I don´t have much work, I´m bored, and in some strange way, craving that busyness. I will actually go out of my way, always have to have a goal to shoot for, and it has to be a hard one (such as me running a marathon back in August--involved four months of hard training).

As for back problems, I don´t really have back pain, but I do have knee problems. I´ve been going to the chiropractor the last two years, and he´s actually made some adjustments to my lower back that have helped my knee pain.
January 6, 2020 at 05:21
(Pisces) N_thecat » RunnerChic85
."Thanks for the info, Nola. I have heard a lot of negatives about :151: :194: :157:, but occasionally hear some positives, that these people can be very hard-working, and do become successful, but it must be through hard work."

Hahaha, and that´s what I was thinking about when you wrote about Sun - Saturn aspects. The first things/problems associated with :157: that came to my mind were...sharp judgment, problems with self - esteem and...hard-work.

I see most of people with Sun - Saturn aspects as very serious - more serious than others...And you may have a sense of humour and laugh a lot, but you always have voice inside your head that never lets you forget that "there is some work to do". People with Sun - Saturn aspects are hard-working and I guess it´s not a thing "I love my job" ( :61:), but rather something like an inner compulsion (?) You just know you have to work and work is your life and it´s not just about money. It´s strong feeling and whether you like it or not, you have to work your whole life. I am convinced that this aspect brings it because in my family, we share that through generations - my grandmother, my dad and I we all have aspects between Sun and Saturn in our natal charts. And my dad works very hard most of his life, his mother was very hardworking and responsible - she had 7 siblings (born in 1929) and she brought them up partially, she survived the war and at the age of 65 (!!!) she adopted my cousin, because her parents (my uncle a nd my dads brother) were "not interested" in upbringing... And grandma was with her until the end of her studies. My cousin´s lucky that she had such a grandmother - because of her she has her own apartment and savings. Her parents won´t think about it at all.

Back to the subject - Sun - Saturn aspects are not so bad. This is about the strength you gain largely through hard work.With that Saturn influence we are stronger and more resistant than we think.

Yes,these aspects often give a sharp judgment, being very critical of people, but above all it is self-criticism. This is obviously a nuisance, but not the worst yet. The worst thing about this aspect is self-doubt/low self-esteem. Everything else can be accepted somehow, but that last is like an unnecessary burden...

In the past, I had a boss with the Sun :191: Saturn aspect - all of these features I described, were extreme in him. :4:

BTW, do you have a back problems? I´m not asking about back pain after pregnancy (because I know that women have such a problem), but have you had problems with your spine before?
January 6, 2020 at 04:09
(Leo) RunnerChic85 » fishscales
"Hopefully your book (also a third house affair) will bring some financial benefits as well"

Thank you, I´m hoping so too. I´m trying to tell myself to write this book solely because I´m passionate about it, and want to get the message out, and everything else will fall into place. With my sun in the 2nd H though, I want to build a savings for security purposes. We´ve built up a lot of debt within the last year (seems like everything we touch breaks), and would like to overcome this and start to get a nice savings going.
January 6, 2020 at 02:55
(Pisces) fishscales » RunnerChic85
"Thanks for the info on the Placidus/while signs. Now the question (since there are many different ways of doing astrology), which is better?"

That´s something you have to decide for yourself, after doing your own research and comparitive study...

In my opinion, Placidus is better for the psychological aspects of chart interpretation, while whole signs reflect the "on the ground" reality of life better...the observable, external actions and circumstances of life... But that´s just based on the research I´ve done in my own chart...

So it sounds like you´ve made some money through communications in the insurance biz... That matches up with the 3rd house ruler being in the second...

Hopefully your book (also a third house affair) will bring some financial benefits as well...

It´s also interesting that the subject of the book reflects your personal values, and deals with (and is perhaps motivated by) the issue of self-worth... Another indication of 3rd house /2nd house interplay..
January 5, 2020 at 16:49
Thanks for the info on the Placidus/while signs. Now the question (since there are many different ways of doing astrology), which is better?

"Any of this ring true for you?"

I´m actually starting to think so. I´ll explain how it´s planning out.

Ok kind of a late-bloomer in terms of career. I have a psych degree, in my early 20s, wanted to be a counselor. Then I got pregnant, had a son, and husband lost his job. We really needed the $$, so I took a job in insurance, long story short, 7 years later I´m still at the same company (though the work I do has changed). I´ve thought about a career in counseling, but at the time when the kids were young, I was dealing with so much stress in my own life, that I didn´t feel I´d be in the best position to be a therapist.

For awhile, part of my work was on the phones with claimants/customers. I didn´t like the part when I had to tell business owners they have $10k in collections, and none of their employees are insured--it killed me to have to be THAT person. I did enjoy phone intake though--I actually had the best QA scores for that, although my efficiency/speed could have used some work.

Although I like where I work, I feel stagnent at the thought of being there until I retire. I´ve spent my mid-20´s through early 30s trying to stay afloat and provide with young kids, and now that they´re getting older and parenting easier, I´m at the point where I´m starting to explore what I REALLY want.

I´ve actually started writing my own children´s book. It´s going to be about diversity, inclusion, and teamwork. I´ve created characters that are very unique, and there are going to be some painful circumstances in there that reflect what I´ve dealt with in my younger years (I don´t talk about this much--it´s a very shameful and humiliating part of my life, but I dealt with bullying and exclusion early on)-I want to use those experiences to teach a certain value. The message is going to be that EVERYONE has worth, everyone has gifts that are useful.

The book is a long-process, won´t happen overnight, but it´s satisfying knowing I´ll be getting my message out there, and I´m hoping to make some $$ on it as well.
January 5, 2020 at 07:59
Interestingly enough, whether you use Placidus or whole signs, the ruler of your 3rd house is in your 2nd house, indicating financial earnings through 3rd house affairs: communication, speaking, writing, "networking", etc.

It could also mean that the ability to communicate is important to your sense of self worth, or plays an integral part in your personal value system.

Or that your personal values were informed or influenced by siblings or neighbors.

It could also indicate financial earnings through siblings, neighbors, or short trips.

Any of this ring true for you?
January 5, 2020 at 07:39
"I see my 3rd house is 29 degrees Leo, so thought that was my 3rd house sign,"

Using the Placidus house system, Leo still rules your 3rd house. The sign at the beginning of the house is the sign that rules the house, even if another sign "covers" more area of the house.

Still, at 29 degrees, Leo is transitioning into Virgo, which will still most likely lend some Virgo qualities to your third house.

Using the whole sign system, Virgo rules your 3rd house outright.

For "psychological" types of chart interpretation, I would look at a combo of Leo and Virgo ruling the 3rd house.

For predictive work, such as transits and progressions, I would look to the sun, the ruler of Leo, for third house info...*if* you´re using Placidus.

If using whole signs, you would look to Mercury, Virgo´s ruler, when making third house assessments in predictive work. :1:
January 4, 2020 at 18:37
"Yep, I like both the Leo and the Libra energy, but these can be energies that fight each other."

They are different energies, but theoretically, there is potential for harmony there...Leo and Libra have a sextile relationship to eachother...

I´ve always though of it in terms of the idea that healthy self-expression (Leo) and healthy relationships with others (Libra) support and reinforce each other...
January 4, 2020 at 17:55
"It´s a good mix... Try to employ each at times they are appropriate, instead of having the two influences fight each other... "

Yep, I like both the Leo and the Libra energy, but these can be energies that fight each other. I think this activities committee I´m now the leader of at work is going to help me integrate these energies. I have some wonderful ideas, and I put them out there, and I also told the team don´t be afraid to voice your opinion if you don´t like the way the group is going. At our last meeting, I presented an idea for a fun super bowl event, they liked that idea, and we´re going forward with it, but with a few changes after getting feedback from the members :1:
January 4, 2020 at 17:50
Thanks! I realize they all might agree with my ways, or even like me, but I I´m going to do the best that I can ?
January 4, 2020 at 14:34
"All my life I´ve felt this push-pull toward being my true, unique self, and desperately wanting to be liked and accepted."

Some of that probably has to do with your 4th house Libra moon too...seeking that homey feeling of emotional security (moon, 4th house) through relationships with other people (Libra)...it may seem easier to achieve when you are being "Libran" and accommodating to others in order to be accepted and liked... That´s a deep seated emotional need for moon in Libra... The moon in the 4th will exaggerate it, almost making it the "base" of who you are...

And of course, a Leo sun will always want to shine as who they are...

It´s a good mix... Try to employ each at times they are appropriate, instead of having the two influences fight each other...

Easier said than done, I know... I have strong Libran influences too.. :3:
January 4, 2020 at 10:08
(Libra) leorising » RunnerChic85
It’s work environment... Treat people well and do your job, don´t expect too much from colleagues ... keep in mind that you are doing your best and you´re done!
January 4, 2020 at 08:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » N_thecat
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I also have Moon :194: Venus :4: like you. Does this aspect have strong influence in your life? I´ve heard it makes people who have it never fully satisfied with something they´ve accomplished.
January 4, 2020 at 02:33
Yep, working on that right now. Chiron is a doozy. I feel like my 11th Chiron is even related to my 5th Saturn. All my life I´ve felt this push-pull toward being my true, unique self, and desperately wanting to be liked and accepted. All my life, the people closest to me gave me the advice to just be myself, I gotta learn to love myself and those that don´t accept me don´t matter.

Lately, I´ve been taking more of a risk, putting myself out there--I kind of have no choice now with this team that I lead at work. I still get thoughts of "what if the members don´t like me, gossip about me, or try to get rid of me?" and I over analyze everything I say and do. So far, they seem to really like my ideas, but I´m sure there will come a time someone has a problem with me (no one is universally liked)...a goal for me is to get to a place where I´m okay with that.
January 4, 2020 at 02:27
Thanks for the info, Nola. I have heard a lot of negatives about :151: :194: :157:, but occasionally hear some positives, that these people can be very hard-working, and do become successful, but it must be through hard work.

With Saturn in my 5th squaring my sun in my 2nd--I hope that means that this children´s book I´m writing (5th house creativity) and hope to have done by spring, might actually generate some money (and can work toward getting out of debt). People have always told me I have great writing and artistic abilities, but I´ve always felt discouraged to pursue them--I guess maybe people wouldn´t like my work or if open myself up to criticism. I won´t know unless I try though.

Looking at your chart (as am amateur), it looks like there are struggles with freedom (correct me if I´m wrong)--with sun in 9th (house of Sag), but then Saturn being in Sag squaring your sun. Add Neptune in there, I can only imagine how it amplifies it. But then your part of fortune being in 9th with your sun--not too knowledgeable about part of fortune...would that make your sun have an easier time overcoming Saturn?
January 3, 2020 at 22:59
(Libra) leorising
Solve chiron ... and all this will be a little problem... this happened with my Pluto square mars... once I healed chiron everything changes ...
January 3, 2020 at 22:54
(Pisces) N_thecat » darkneptune
>"I also have Sun square Uranus aspect and hate it because it makes me feel rebellious in my room but not in front of people.It makes me contradictory and confused."

Unfortunately, it makes a lot of sense.

>"Hate squares tbh."

Oh, you´re not alone I have a lot of :194: in my chart, I know what you mean.

Funny thing is that I know a girl at my age, but she was born a little bit later than me ...She is :171: and I
am late :182:. I saw her chart once and I only remembered some placements, but not in detail. I was surprised, because I knew we share important placements and aspects, but she seemed like a happier, more balanced person than me, and yet we had a lot in common...

We both have Sun - Saturn and Uranus aspects, :152: in :178: . I even checked her chart again, because I was convinced that maybe she doesn´t have my "lucky " Moon :191: Pluto aspect, but she shares that too... :4: Then I realised that she had :193: with Saturn and Uranus, not :194: like me. And we have another aspect between Moon and Venus - but I have square where she has a trine again. Ofc three aspects is not a whole chart, but I´ll try to show you how it can really look, even if charts seem similar at first sight. I hate squares...
January 3, 2020 at 21:42
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » N_thecat
System message: Post has been written by user darkneptune, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I also have Sun square Uranus aspect and hate it because it makes me feel rebellious in my room but not in front of people. It makes me contradictory and confused. Hate squares tbh.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Capricorn Capricorn
Show calendar »