Height and weight ratio

November 19, 2019 at 22:59 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Helen.Pahlavi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Height and weight ratio
Hi everyone!

What do you think about this?
http://claranee.blogspot.com/2014/…

What placements and aspects could get slim bodies?

Please read the article and say what height/weight ratio you think is normal and pretty.

I HAD TO MODERATE DISCUSSION AND DELETE NASTY MESSAGES.

Ideal Height to Weight Ratios"
I´ve approached this subject before and due to recent events in my own life I thought it would be interesting to go back to.

If you´ve ever flicked through the pages of any gal magazine whilst they were on the market, you´re bound to have seen the adverts where an already tiny girl has gotten even tinier. Whilst Photoshop would have played a part in making these girls look waif as possible there´s no smoke without fire; it would be insanely difficult to photoshop rib cages sticking out, right?

The below were from a particularly infamous ad in Ageha due to the Photoshop used making them seem ridiculous.

38, 37, 39kg... these girls are all such a scarily low weight, with or without Photoshop aiding them. I recently came across a blog post by Sincerely, Dolly talking about Shizuka Takeda´s "Ideal Height to Weight Ratio". For those unfamiliar, Shizuka Takeda was one of the Happie Nuts models before the publisher went into bankruptcy. Therefore her "Ideal Height to Weight Ratio" is an interest insight into the world of gyaru modelling and what is expected of the girls who model for magazines, brands, etc.

Granted her opinion is based of those of Japanese girls. As a Westerner I am used to girls being slightly ´heavier´ so whilst it might be shocking to Westerners that these numbers are being idealised, for these girls they are able to carry such little weight with little health risks. The numbers that Shizuka recommends are as follows:

♥ 155 cm → 38 kg
♥ 156 cm → 38.5 kg
♥ 157 cm → 39 kg
♥ 158 cm → 39 kg
♥ 159 cm → 39 kg
♥ 160 cm → 40 kg
♥ 161 cm → 41 kg
♥ 162 cm → 42 kg
♥ 163 cm → 42.5 kg
♥ 164 cm → 43 kg
♥ 165 cm → 43.5 kg

I personally stand at 162cm and at 42kg (and have actually dropped below this weight). My BMI is 16. In order to have a healthy weight my healthcare provider recommends I put on an additional 15kg. If a hospital is recommending that I should put on that much weight then surely this can´t be healthy even for Asian girls with smaller frames and possible smaller bone density than myself. I wear a UK size 4, or a US Size 0

To put it into perspective, here´s a lazy day picture of myself trying on a MA*RS skirt (I was wondering if it was too short to be honest and was asking a friend for an opinion but I digress):

Not healthy. I´m pretty much flat everywhere, if you get what I´m trying to say.

Alternatively, the Korean "Ideal Height to Weight Ratios" are as follows:

♥ 150 cm → 40 kg
♥ 152 cm → 41.6 kg
♥ 154 cm → 43.2 kg
♥ 156 cm → 44.8 kg
♥ 158 cm → 46.4 kg
♥ 160 cm → 48 kg
♥ 162 cm → 49.6 kg
♥ 164 cm → 51.2 kg
♥ 166 cm → 52.8 kg
♥ 168 cm → 54.4 kg
♥ 170 cm → 46 kg

These are somewhat better and would put a girl of my size into a BMI of 18.8 which is considered healthy. These numbers are a lot easier to read and not as shocking as the ratios that Shizuka suggests following. Of course, the modelling world is vicious with new girls lining up to replace the established faces we all know and love so the pressure to remain thin is high but I can´t help but worry about the advice that is being given off, especially if you´re a Westerner such as myself who are reading these numbers and thinking how?

What do you guys think of the "Ideal Height to Weight Ratios"? Would you guys aspire to fit this?

If you or someone you know is suffering from a eating disorder, please seek medical advice. These images are not healthy. If you do wish to achieve such numbers do this by eating healthily and excercising.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
December 18, 2019 at 10:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Leo Moon
System message: Post has been written by user Helen.Pahlavi, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thank you. I agree. I am still not sure. Maybe Venus conjunct some planet does that. Or Mercury makes someone thin and quick. Lot of training and motivation.
December 17, 2019 at 18:15
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I’m against superficiality in all forms.

BMI is just something made up based on generalities.

I have heard nutritional experts say BMI is only a general guideline because some people are going to be heavy or thin no matter what they do.

If a person feels good and their bloodwork is fine ...that’s what’s important.

As far as models.....I remember an interview with some top fashion designer when this first became an issue, she said “We sell fantasy”.

The word sell is the key. Make something cheap and sell it for as much money as possible is how it goes.

Business people always say they have no moral or ethical responsibility. Their only responsibilities are to their shareholders.

It’s why anyone trying to create an ethical, moral and Honest society has to keep business people out of policy decisions. Business people do what is best for themselves and their cronies.

I would think people would realize that looking sexy and actually being sexy are two different things.

There seems to be an inherent bias in humans toward the very attractive.

Humans can rise above their instinctual programming but rarely do.

I hope we all can focus on what people do and who they are,more than on how they look.

My daily rant... :2:
December 17, 2019 at 16:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Plus-sized models are an introduction into acceptance for all body types. Although these women are bigger, that does not mean they aren’t as beautiful as other models. However, a majority of women are still underrepresented. What about women who aren’t plus-sized, but aren’t super thin?

Only opposite ends of the spectrum are represented. Women who fall in the middle do not see themselves represented in society. I fall somewhere into the middle of the spectrum, and it’s unfair to not see my body type represented in the media. We still have a long way to go for accepting all body types. Body image should not be focused on two types of women — plus-sized and super thin. It should be expanded to countless types.
Login
(Log in)
December 17, 2019 at 16:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
I searched on acceptance of body types

Accepting All Body Types

Ally White 08 September 2015 // At Fairfield University

In today’s society, there is a huge emphasis on body image. Women have these ideas forced on them that they need to look a certain way. Although there has been more acceptance due to plus-sized models, some body types are forgotten.

Models are usually long-legged and thin. Victoria’s Secret models are an example of the ideal body image portrayed by society. Models like these don’t resemble the majority of women in everyday life. These models are far thinner than the average woman.
Login
(Log in)
November 20, 2019 at 21:34
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » emerauxe
=====
I have Pluto conjunct Ascendant and Moon opposite Mars. I have to control my obsessions all the time. Very correct. Thanks.
Login
(Log in)
November 20, 2019 at 21:25
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Helen.Pahlavi
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Moon would likely be extra weight, Pluto could go either way, Mars inclines one to lean muscularity.
November 20, 2019 at 21:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Yugen.
System message: Post has been written by user emerauxe, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks, for the illustrative examples.
There are always other factors to consider in the overall horoscope.
November 20, 2019 at 19:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Huh, just skin and bones. I cannot believe it.

My opinion based on charts is that is random. I would watch configuration of all personal planets, Jupiter and Saturn included. Overall chart would tell me.
November 20, 2019 at 19:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
=====
That girl in the article looks quite happy, no anorexia. If you read it, in Japan and Korea, such women are standard. I want to know how. Astrology and food. I am close to ideal weight by EU standards, but one and half of Japanese standard. I feel ugly.
Login
(Log in)
November 20, 2019 at 19:02
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I have no experience with this subject, so anything I say is purely theoretical. I really have very little interest in this, to tell the truth, but have been asked to speak about it.

For people who tend towards being a little fat, I would expect there to be maybe one of the following, among other things:

A conjunction or some other aspect between the Moon and Jupiter.
An aspected ruler of the domain of the first house with Jupiter.
The Moon in the 6th house aspected by Jupiter.

For those suffering from anorexia or bulimia I would expect similar aspects, but between the Moon and Saturn.

Now I have some other ideas, but I don´t want to go on at length, because I have never studied this subject. So everything I just wrote might be completely wrong.

However, here´s the thing, if you have a tendency to gain too much weight or to suffer from anorexia, get help. Astrology might indicate it, but will not help you overcome it. These are things that are evident and so I don´t really see the need for me or anybody else to explore the astrology of it. I want to get at hidden things with astrology. I don´t want to be a carnival fortune-teller who tells people stuff they already know as a sort of game to prove myself.
November 20, 2019 at 15:46
=====
Thanks. Makes sense.

Moon, Pluto, or Mars on ASC/MC? Heavy weight or slim?
Login
(Log in)
November 20, 2019 at 15:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Yugen.
=====
I wish I meet cute woman with :152::193::156:. It´s okay if she has few kilos extra. But :154: :191: :192: :156:were bitches.

Do you think that :151: in harmonious aspect to :154: or :152: could do the same type of feminine like with :156:?

:157: is important for loyalty and seriousness in relationship, love, sex? Where :157: should be best?
Login
(Log in)
November 20, 2019 at 14:17
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I know a woman who is short and fat, ugly body. Sun Pisces squares Neptune and she has Saturn on ASC in Taurus. She is very cold, strict, dark and heavy like a man. Never believed that Saturn on ASC could give her this body shape, but it figures. Saturn is weight, Jupiter is expansion. Many saturnian are heavy or short. Saturnian are negatively earthy. Gravity.
I know another woman having the same body shape and Sat/Asc in Capricorn. It is true, Saturn is heavy, Jupiter is expansive. I know a man under Sat-ASC/Taurus, but he is ascetic and very slender. He is very religious, fasting. Saturn hates pleasure. This man must stop torture his body. Moon/Jupiter is also very important in a chart for the extra weight, because Moon feeds us. Our mother is Moon. A giving mother or a good giving wife has Moon/Jupiter Trine. I feel that the best women are these women. Giving, good, feminine women with curves (lunar-jovial, jupiterian)
November 20, 2019 at 02:23
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Saturn conjunct the ascendant.
Mercury conjunct the ascendant
Mars conjunct the ascendant.

Mars,Mercury, Saturn in the 1st house.
Aries, Gemini, or Capricorn rising.

South node in the first house.

November 20, 2019 at 02:01
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
When I was skinny I was officially a "Venusian" or "Venerian" type of :66:.
I knew a lot of peers who were freakishly large from foetal radiation poisoning! :94: :8: :94:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »