Some ancient tehniques using quadrat houses

November 18, 2019 at 15:02 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Some ancient tehniques using quadrat houses
Hello, do you believe is it possible to use Profections or Zodiacal Releasing with Placidus or any other quadrat house system ? I feel that this is risky for Profections and almost impossible for Zodiacal Releasing. I have seen that using Whole signs for these techniques, the results are impressive, but i am not sure if they also work using Placidus, Koch, Regiomontanus or any other house systems. There are some people who are claiming that these techniques work using any house system, but i tend to believe that some techniques like transits, solar arc directions and solar returns give us much better results using quadrat houses and some other techniques like Profections, Zodiacal Releasing and Firdaria give impressive results using Whole signs.
I have observed this strange phenomenon. I would like to know your opinion on this matter.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 19, 2019 at 07:41
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

"My advice is to stick to Whole Signs House System for profections and zodiacal releasing"

I came to the same conclusion. Thank you for your response.
November 18, 2019 at 22:27
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Are you using "whole signs aspects" or "by degree orbs aspects"? Changing this setting for natal and synastries only, while keeping by orbs for all ancient and modern techniques?
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/t…
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
November 18, 2019 at 22:05
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » MarvinReal
Whole Signs systems is the oldest house system. The quadrant house systems were used as alternatives for specific techniques.

One can argue that "old" isn´t always better. That´s true. So people can experiment and come to their own conclusions. That´s the only way they will be convinced one way or another.

The original poster is certainly free to try to use alternative house systems for zodiacal releasing and profections. All I can say is that those house systems were not the context in which those techniques were developed.
November 18, 2019 at 21:34
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Thanks for clarifying it. The only question raising up to me is whether astrologers in the past would hypothetically use systems like Porphyry and Regiomontanus if they have had access to options we have today. Porphyry and Regiomontanus seems to be oldest systems, but everything is pretty much equal like a straightedge. Does it reflect reality? Moreover, since these ancient techniques are already figurative and hypothetical. What do you think about that?

Edit: Btw, Campanus is older than Regiomontanus. Several centuries.
November 18, 2019 at 21:02
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
No. It was set up to use Whole Sign system. There are certain techniques that do use quadrant systems, (Lots and there is an end of life system among others).
but in general for Zodiacal releasing and profections you want to use Whole Signs. Regiomontanus is used a lot in medieval astrology for horary.

My advice is to stick to Whole Signs House System for profections and zodiacal releasing
November 18, 2019 at 16:12
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
As you said, many websites, authors, books, say whole signs on profections, while others use successfully their preferred house system. Even such mixtures possible like whole signs for profections once year, while preferred quadrant for profections progressive (changes slightly during the year). Embrace to share your findings.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »