ongoing astro self-experiment/reflecion

November 16, 2019 at 12:42 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) nutelina
ongoing astro self-experiment/reflecion
Before I write down my own experience I wanted to ask;

What do you do to test if astrology works for you?

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 19, 2019 at 09:25
(Taurus) nutelina » polareyezd
Erm send me a private message :2: :61:
November 17, 2019 at 15:45
(Taurus) nutelina » Eleven11
Of course. I´m in favour of any sane scientific methods. Not that I agree with the crap they call science nowadays!

Cheers! :37:

So how are you doing that practically? :44:
November 17, 2019 at 10:54
(Aries) Eleven11
Hello.

While I wouldn’t advise against practicing any of the already mentioned methods (tracking the lunar cycle through journaling, keeping an eye on transits to your natal chart), I’m not sure I agree that these practices alone can verify Astrology “working”. If by “working” you mean having your current mood or mindset reinforced or supported by a simple isolated celestial event (such as the Moon changing signs) then sure, these occurrences are frequent enough and simple enough that they’re open to all sorts of generalizations as to their meaning.

My personal requirement to know that Astrology is really “working” requires numerous factors occurring simultaneously to reinforce a particular theme. For instance, I wouldn’t isolate a particular transit and say I know x planet transiting y house = z outcome without first backing up that claim through other simultaneous testimonies in the chart. Like, if x planet is lord of the year byway of annual profection, and/or x planet is aspecting the ruler of y house in the natal, and/or x planet shows prominence in the solar revolution chart for that year...

Also, I think it’s important to focus on external or exoteric rather than subjective or esoteric events in order to qualify the Astrology “working”. It’s far to easy to rationalize an astrological configuration into meaning something to us subjectively because we want it to, rather than requiring it to be evident and effectual in our living reality in order to be understood as a reflection of astrological symbolism.

Put briefly, that’s my opinion on the matter.

Take care.
November 17, 2019 at 09:57
(Libra) polareyezd » nutelina
Stalker? LoL ok. I´m observant.

Am I "ruled" by Pluto? Does that make me a stalker? I d k

I´m always observant of all things. I observe myself and others, believe it or not. I care about you ( only a little bit) and I mean what I say weather I can back it up with facts or not is another story.

You have a fire sign sun, which I love, because I´m an air and it´s the only thing air is great for. But that watery moon, it has to be putting out your fire. I see that as a shame. I have to say it I´m an air sign and things just feel damp with this water sign moon and cold. I need to feel warm and dry.... You know?

Do you feel what I´m trying to say?
November 17, 2019 at 08:27
(Taurus) nutelina » goldenlion32
Right that makes sense.
November 17, 2019 at 08:27
(Taurus) nutelina » polareyezd
OMG! You stalker! :4: :61: Really? :3:

Yes well I´m ruled by the moon and it´s changes affect me greatly. But I have Pluto in the 7th that´s a long transit which makes me reconsider my close relationships I guess...

You are ruled by Pluto and you have it in your 12th house :25: that´s interesting ;-)
November 16, 2019 at 23:00
(Aquarius) nikkia
<What do you do to test if astrology works for you?>

I´m a novice, so.. first, I tracked the moon and my moods for three months. Being emotionally stable naturally, I only found one transit mildly unpleasant, however, when combined with Mars - it reeks havoc and destruction externally. So I keep an eye on this transit now.
I found a pattern that was reliable. PASS.

Secondly: I looked at some of the big milestones in my life to ´test´ if the planets were telling THAT particular story. NADA. Perhaps my method was flawed. Perhaps I´m still too inexperienced to decipher all the threads... or astrology is total BS. This ´test´ has not proved successful. Total FAIL.

Little ´lost´ memories are popping into my mind with such clarity, I have no choice but to pause and reflect. I checked my chart and saw: :159: in :182: in my 3ed, and :164: nearly :191: IC,
Over the past few months, I´ve been slowly returning to mediation and prayer after a long hiatus. I´m not sure which energy is influencing which, but it´s at lovely interplay. If I´ve totally misread these placements, please tell me ! Something deep is changing. I´d like to know.

Just recently, I was thinking about starting an Astro Diary. The Grand Conjunction is en route, hitting my natal first. I´ll learn something...only I don´t know the hell to look for. Maybe I´ve got it all backwards.

Since I was thinking about starting an astro log, your topic was perfectly timed - I´m looking forward to seeing what you´ve found, Nutelina. :17: and how you did it.
November 16, 2019 at 22:29
(Libra) polareyezd
Hi, nutelina, I noticed that you also seem to post more when the moon is in cancer. I am only speaking from undisciplined observation but I see you post different topics during the moon changing signs. Sometimes you post alot more about your mom, sometimes you post about the things you like and I was just thinking about this as I see the moon go into cancer and I have similar changes . I wondered if you had a cancer moon I thought you would benefit from this. I don´t think I am benefitting but it appears to be not all that it seems. Who knows.i just think well the moon is in cancer and my mom called me. I feel like I should stay home and hide in my shell.
November 16, 2019 at 22:04
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32
i trust my intuition and watch the transits with events when they occur. I don´t watch them all the time, but when ever there is some kind of drama or trauma happening around me with family or friends I look at the transits and their charts.
November 16, 2019 at 21:25
(Taurus) nutelina » Leo Moon
Good one, I just did; Moon in 12th.. Now I get it.. :42: Pluto in 7th, Sun in 5th...

What would you usually write down? Insights?
November 16, 2019 at 21:10
(Aries) Benay
I think the house where the north moon knot is clearly working for everyone is interesting to me.
November 16, 2019 at 20:52
(Aries) ram_goat » Leo Moon
bingo. most people lack the discipline to keep up with it though..

lack of follow-through kills it for most. it takes a small degree of dedication
November 16, 2019 at 20:44
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I check my transits and keep a diary of them and any important events in my life.

I do the same for tarot.

A long ago girlfriend taught me how valuable a daily journal was.
Even without the esoteric observations.

I find it invaluable in tracking my life and learning.
Helps with growth on all levels.
November 16, 2019 at 20:30
(Aries) CrescentKitKat » nutelina
The transiting Moon in Cancer is probably a more pronounced experience lately due to transiting Saturn and Pluto in the opposite sign of Capricorn. That would stress it for sure.
November 16, 2019 at 20:27
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
Oh you mean now like with Moon in Cancer? Yes, but I´m pretty depressed ATM.... Intoverted, at home..

For moon in Aries yes it does have an influence but Moon in Cancer much more I´d say..
November 16, 2019 at 20:23
(Aries) CrescentKitKat
I think learning about all the different timing techniques is pretty interesting. I´ve noticed correlations between the stars and my life experience. It´s undeniable.

I do find Solar and Lunar Return charts to be very useful for prediction. Vedic dasas have also been very accurate. Transits, Progressions, Profection, etc. are interesting to me. It´s really curious how it all weaves together to make up your own life experience.
November 16, 2019 at 16:59
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
I guess I was thinking of it more from the standpoint of making the initial decision about whether astrology is viable or not... Like in the beginning, when you´re first getting to know it...

If you track your transits, or start to feel something like you did, and then look at your transits, yeah, there´s definitely things to be observed and learned too...

"So I wonder when moon is in your native, say for me Taurus, is it even more profound? That´s something to look back too."

I think that even though you´re a Taurus, the moon transiting your first house would have a more profound, noticeable effect than the moon transiting through your sun sign...that´s just my view..

Either way, it will be a very quick transit...

Maybe the characteristics of our sun sign seem more amplified when the moon is traveling through it... I don´t know...
November 16, 2019 at 16:29
(Taurus) nutelina » MarvinReal
Feel free to post links to your topics here Marvin. You go much more in depth than I do I think.
November 16, 2019 at 16:28
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
So indeed I´ll go for the intuition but what I do is something happened and I check back. Yesterday for example I sensed a huge change in mood and what I regarded as being important. It hit me like a brick. Moon went into Cancer. I´m Cancer rising so indeed my mood changes as the moon does! I could never get this connection, but it´s there.

So I wonder when moon is in your native, say for me Taurus, is it even more profound? That´s something to look back too.
November 16, 2019 at 16:26
(Aries) ram_goat
Intuition, observation, see how events line up with my chart..

Like that hermit phase you are in with numerology.. we talked about
a while back... how have events in your life played out?

Does it confirm the pattern or contradict it?

Sometimes the pattern will be correct, and your own understandig of it will be flawed, it can become clearer only later after some time has passed, and things gain some aspect & perspective with the passage of time.

If you look at it in a mechanistic fashion, I´m afraid you´re doing it wrong.

The future is damn hard to predict, accurately. But that never stops people from trying.
November 16, 2019 at 13:57
(Pisces) fishscales
I´d say intuition is the deciding factor for me.

If, early on in our discovery of astrology, we did not "feel" or "know" certain things were correct when reading our sun, moon, and rising sign descriptions, we probably wouldn´t be on this forum in the first place...

After that, you may read about certain systems, theories, and methods, and determine what works and what doesn´t in a more empirical way...while making sure not to abandon intuition and instinct in the process.
November 16, 2019 at 13:57
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Sounds very promising, Nutelina. Waiting for your findings.

I engaged with similar experiment about lunar nodes. I should update those many topics, but I don´t do.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »