Thoughts/Discussion about affects of Inner and Outer Planets in our charts/in general

October 29, 2019 at 12:41 (UT/GMT)
(Aries) CuriousElla
Thoughts/Discussion about affects of Inner and Outer Planets in our charts/in general
Would like to have an open conversation with everyone about the following:

Do you think/find it more challenging/greater affect to have an outer planet (like Neptune, Saturn, Pluto, Uranus) conjunct, opposed, squaring one of your inner planets (like Sun, Mars, Mercury, Moon, Venus)?

For example, Sun conjunct Saturn, Sun opposed Saturn, or Sun square Saturn?

I know that planets involved aspects like grand trine, T-Square, and houses will play a role. However, putting those others things aside.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
November 11, 2019 at 18:17
(Pisces) fishscales » astro-flame
Yeah, regardless of the words used, I´ve always considered Jupiter and Saturn as belonging to their own category...
November 11, 2019 at 05:50
(Aries) astro-flame » CuriousElla
You´re welcome! Happy to be helpful :34: :17: :17:
November 11, 2019 at 05:30
(Aries) astro-flame » fishscales
"I don´t consider Saturn an "outer planet"...

I know it´s not a personal planet, but I don´t consider it an outer planet either..."

They call Saturn and Jupiter "social planets.

So Sun, Moon, Merc, Venus, Mars - personal

Jupiter, Saturn - social

Uranus, Neptune, Pluto - generational
November 11, 2019 at 05:13
(Pisces) fishscales
I don´t consider Saturn an "outer planet"...

I know it´s not a personal planet, but I don´t consider it an outer planet either...

I consider Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto the outer planets...

I don´t think aspects to those planets by personal planets are any more or less "challenging", I just see them as dealing with different things...

Inner planets represent more mundane, personality-driven things

Outer planets represent more refined, impersonal things...sometimes "higher octaves" of the inner planets as they say...

Some say the outer planets are more "spiritual" in nature...

This may be true, but I advise caution to those who subscribe to this premise...

"Spirituality" cannot be pursued unless the "mundane" is taken care of...

We can´t achieve any kind of spiritual progress if we are not feeding, clothing and sheltering ourselves...likewise, spiritual progress can´t be achieved if ALL we´re focusing on is feeding, clothing, and sheltering ourselves...

The people with inner, personal planets in harmonious aspect to the outer, impersonal planets are lucky... There is a harmonious relationship between the "higher" and the "mundane"...

Lucky is not really the correct word... They´ve earned it....
November 10, 2019 at 22:19
(Aries) CuriousElla » astro-flame
"Yeah, another thing that people often overlook in transits, is the modality of the signs where transits are happening. Cardinal transits are the most destabilizing in that they bring cardinal change. Mutable can be destabilizing too in that they start as one thing and literally mutate into something else entirely. Transits in fixed signs are more paced"

Thanks! :75: This is extremely helpful! I hadn´t thought of this but it makes sense!
November 10, 2019 at 22:17
(Aries) CuriousElla » N_thecat
"I have Sun square Saturn/Uranus aspect in my chart and to be honest...It´s hard for me to judge how it really works - whether it is positive or negative :23: "

I can definitely relate to this given my Strong Saturn opposing my Sun. Meanwhile having uranus trine my Sun too.

"I am convinced that Saturn in aspects with Sun often brings problems with self-esteem (low self-esteem) or even...negatively affects our self-awareness (?) And in my opinion it gives tendency to critisism/ judge others and yourself very harshly. Yeah, people with Sun afflicted by Saturn are usually very sharp/harsh "to get along with".
When I feel such an impression on a person, there is no surprise in this - usually this person has this aspect in his chart.
Saturn is the harshest critic and judge :24: :115: :85:"
I would say this all depends on all the players (signs) and aspects to both your sun and Saturn involved and the houses.

Saturn in my chart is the strongest force from end to end since I have 3 planets in the 10 house it´s opposing which includes my sun in Aries. I find that these placements resulted in a lot of challenges and forced me to become responsible at a very young age. As an Aries Sun and Mars I was up for the challenges and now that I´m older I´m used to it. I have also evolved enough to value the tough aspect!

"But even this aspect has its advantages. I see people with Sun - Saturn aspects as people aware that everything has its price and usually, to achieve something you have to work hard for it. I guess a lot of workaholics can have this aspect, but it´s not only about work..."
You do have to do the work that Saturn requires. However, the work is done in different ways. Some of my work has lead me on a spiritual path and the "work" is not really work anymore.
November 10, 2019 at 22:04
(Aries) CuriousElla » astro-flame
"I think conjunction will be the strongest effect, because it blends 2 energies together. In the opposition, people tend to side with one end of it and project the other side on others...." and "strength of the effect, I must mention the orbs - the tighter, the stronger of course. So an exact opposition will be stronger than a wide conjunction."

-Thanks this was very helpful! It helped me realize that my Jupiter Rx and Saturn Rx conjunction is much more powerfully opposing my Venus, Sun, and Mars since this conjunction is more spaced out.
November 10, 2019 at 21:59
(Aries) CuriousElla » CrescentKitKat
I think as Aries Sun´s we can appreciate the Mars transits too lol

Indeed those outer planets can be very challenging in bringing about what´s needed.
November 10, 2019 at 21:58
(Aries) CuriousElla » CrescentKitKat
Wow!!

" I have AC :159: & :199: in :180: and they all :194: my :171: :151:"

I can relate to this placement even though mine is slightly different yet similar idea. I have Venus, Sun, and Mars (all conjunct) in the 10th house and Neptune in the 6th squares my Venus and Sun. Meanwhile, Uranus Rx in the 6th trines Venus, Sun, and Mars.
You having Neptune in Capricorn helps ground that Neptune though. In my case having those 3 planets in the 10th house helps.

"I know your post focuses on the natal chart"
Actually it´s without limitations. That´s why I added "in general"

I agree that outer planet transits are really tough especially starting from the slowest to the faster, plus depending on what they´re aspecting. When they hit a stellium all hell can break loose!!
October 30, 2019 at 14:39
(Aries) astro-flame » CrescentKitKat
Yeah, another thing that people often overlook in transits, is the modality of the signs where transits are happening. Cardinal transits are the most destabilizing in that they bring cardinal change. Mutable can be destabilizing too in that they start as one thing and literally mutate into something else entirely. Transits in fixed signs are more paced
October 29, 2019 at 20:09
(Pisces) N_thecat
Interesting subject.Some time ago I created a similar topic about aspects with Saturn :2: But I am still thinking about how all that affects me.

I have Sun square Saturn/Uranus aspect in my chart and to be honest...It´s hard for me to judge how it really works - whether it is positive or negative :23:

I am convinced that Saturn in aspects with Sun often brings problems with self-esteem (low self-esteem) or even...negatively affects our self-awareness (?) And in my opinion it gives tendency to critisism/ judge others and yourself very harshly. Yeah, people with Sun afflicted by Saturn are usually very sharp/harsh "to get along with".
When I feel such an impression on a person, there is no surprise in this - usually this person has this aspect in his chart.

Saturn is the harshest critic and judge :24: :115: :85:

But even this aspect has its advantages. I see people with Sun - Saturn aspects as people aware that everything has its price and usually, to achieve something you have to work hard for it. I guess a lot of workaholics can have this aspect, but it´s not only about work...
October 29, 2019 at 18:21
(Aries) CrescentKitKat » astro-flame
haha True!

I notice we have the nodal axis in the same signs too! Cool

I meant the transiting outer planets have a more destabilizing effect. I´ve had a lot of outer planetary transits to natal though. I think it has to do with my 4-planet stellium and the structure of my chart.

nPluto is in the 10H in Scorpio so it transited Sagittarius when I was young, forming squares to all my Pisces planets, transiting my 12H and now tSaturn and tPluto are over my Cap AC. At the same time, nNeptune is conjunct AC in 1H and tNeptune has transited the nSaturn-nMoon Pisces conjunction around the same time that tUranus was conjunct my nSun. I got hospitalized the day tUranus was on my nSun exact and tNeptune was around the nSaturn-nMoon.

Anyway, that was a long convoluted illustration to say that my life has been kinda crazy and I think it has a lot to do with all these outer transits. It could also have to do that with Zodiacal Releasing, I´m in a Saturn period for most of my expected life and with Vedic Vimshottari method, I´m currently in Saturn dasha. Lots of challenges, but I feel okay with it all. At least life is interesting!
October 29, 2019 at 17:30
(Aries) astro-flame » CrescentKitKat
@CrescentKitKat Cool! We´re almost-astro-twins :34: (also, we have the same lifepath numbers)

as for "destabilizing" effect - I wouldn´t say it is the case in my chart (Sun trine Uranus less than 1 degree) Perhaps, it´s because I have a very strong Sun (in Aries)...
October 29, 2019 at 17:09
(Aries) CrescentKitKat » astro-flame
I agree soft aspects should be included. Having easy ´communication´ and energetic flow between outer planets to inner can have just as destabilizing of an effect as a square, opposition or conjunction.

Also @YC88, omg we have the same birthday! Different year, but still cool!
October 29, 2019 at 17:05
(Aries) astro-flame
I personally think it´s impossible to compare. Obviously one and the same person can not experience two different options (in one life time, at least, LOL)

But the thing is that everybody is experiencing the same aspect very differently and subjectively. Saturn conjunct Moon, even in the same sign, can be perceived by someone as oppressive and by another person as balancing and stabilizing (specially in water or fire signs).

That being said, I think conjunction will be the strongest effect, because it blends 2 energies together. In the opposition, people tend to side with one end of it and project the other side on others....

BTW, since the question is [quote] "Do you think/find it more challenging/GREATER affect..." I will allow myself to include a trine in here - trine will have easier time communicating the energy to a personal planet = it literally just flows.

Finally, if we speak of the strength of the effect, I must mention the orbs - the tighter, the stronger of course. So an exact opposition will be stronger than a wide conjunction.
October 29, 2019 at 16:38
(Aries) CrescentKitKat
The inner planet, :155:, is also malefic, but I find :155: transits are quick, cutting and akin to lightning bolts rather than the prolonged forceful destabilization that :157: :199: :159: :160: bring.
October 29, 2019 at 16:33
(Aries) CrescentKitKat
I´m curious about this topic as well. I have AC :159: & :199: in :180: and they all :194: my :171: :151:

I know your post focuses on the natal chart, but the transits of :160: :157: :199: :159: in my life have been quite substantial. It´s easier for me to notice them, because they influence the theme of my life for quite some time. Currently, :159: is transiting my :182: stellium. :199: is transiting my :172: :154: and :157: & :160: are transiting my :180: AC, which is :191: :159: & :199:

I´d say it´s easier to notice any sort of energetic interplay between outer planets to inner, regardless of the challenging v. harmonious aspects, because the outer planets are, by nature, malefic. People tend to notice negative experiences. They stand out and shape a person more so than the positive.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »