What do you think of this statement?

October 20, 2019 at 11:54 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
What do you think of this statement?
"We should keep in mind, that when the Ascendant is at the beginning of a sign, the sign’s traits are more potent than when it is placed at its end. When the next sign occupies the biggest part of the 1st house, it naturally gives a lot of its traits to the native’s character and even to his body. If your Ascendant is at the last degrees of a sign, you can consider the next sign as a co-Ascendant. Many people though, experience the next sign to behave as the Rising sign a lot more than the one which is actually rising."

Source:

https://theastrocodex.com

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
October 31, 2019 at 18:46
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Ascendant is big enough to be co-a-lot-of-things!
The anaretic degree is where a planet or luminary is most likely "Void of Course"; A limbo, a twilight zone, a "turning of the tables" :8: :39:
Sometimes I had to buy a calendar with all the v/c Moons that happen throughout each month.
Having the Ascendant in early Virgo and :199: parallel the twelfth house side of the Ascendant means Leo energy is bubbling to the top of my personality but with a side order of :108: :108: :108:
October 31, 2019 at 16:23
(Pisces) TimeSciences
I´m not sure but these ´clearest groups´ seem to strongly show affect of sun, moon and ascendant on physical appearance! :1:
http://www.astrofaces.com/astroface…

PS: See pic of woman with :152: :182:, :152: :174: and Asc. :182: at bottom of page at http://www.astrofaces.com/astroface… and let me know if you agree facial proportions are extremely close to mine or not :76:
October 30, 2019 at 15:43
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"May I ask where have you read such an argument? Specifically, one saying that Placidus is more accurate for internal matters, and whole signs more accurate for external events and predictive work."

Everywhere. Youtube comments, social media, other fora. Seriously and honestly, many other people have same opinion with you and this is one of their basic arguments. You are not the only one.

You speak about the soul using New Age terminology. I speak using psyhological terms, being more earthy. In this sense i believe that souls have also material and sexual needs to be healthy. Let´s see for example Maslow pyramid. People have also physiological/material needs. Besides i dont believe to past lives, i am agnostic. My point was that claiming that one house system reads your internal events and the other system predicts the external events is itself a paradox, because the external events in our lives are determined by our personalities with our inner needs, fears, desires etc. Our destiny is our character and this is rooted in our deepest past, family, ancestors and tribe. No need to believe to past lives to understand this. There are not some Lords in the sky who decide for us. I dont believe that my opinion is important but i would like to share it. New Age reinvented and promotes the whole hellenistic package because market has always needs, that´s all. The whole thing is just a commercial trend. Astrology is precious and beautiful, but sorry i cant see beauty in hellenistic astrology, to be honest it scares me.
October 30, 2019 at 14:00
(Pisces) fishscales » Yugen.
"I read so often this argument for Whole sign system, but i dont understand it and to me this is a sophism"

May I ask where have you read such an argument? Specifically, one saying that Placidus is more accurate for internal matters, and whole signs more accurate for external events and predictive work. I was not aware anyone else took such a position. As far as I know, it´s just a loose personal theory of mine, based on some things I´ve noticed in my own chart...I´m not saying it´s a correct theory...or even a good one... But I´d be curious to read something from someone who shared the same theory...

Shedding some more light on this... In my whole sign chart, Saturn rules my 4th house and is in my 9th,indicating that I could live abroad... Which I did.

Yet, in my Placidus chart, Saturn is in my 8th, which resonates more psychologically with me than Saturn in the 9th...

"External events are caused always because of our soul needs to experience these events."

We experience what we experience, both internally and externally, because of the karmic conditions we have created for ourselves over the course of our many existences. Saying the soul needs to experience this or that is too close to embracing the new age ideas of "soul contracts" and "soul missions" which to me is absolute crap.

We experience what we experience, hopefully learn from it, and don´t make the same mistakes as we did in previous lives.

The soul´s ultimate and singular mission is reunification with Spirit...everything else is just window dressing...

"Soul needs love, money, abudance, loss, pain, even death to develop, strengthen or learn something"

Outside of love...learning how to selflessly love, specifically...I don´t think the soul "needs" any of those other things to develop... Although it may develop because of those things, I see them as catalysts... Getting fed up with the pain and complications of things may spur one on to make a serious endeavor at developing their soul..the soul does not develop through any of those things directly, however...

I also don´t think the soul needs to learn anything...it already knows everything... It is pure consciousness. We everyday people are very disconnected from our souls... Caught up in our intellect, emotions, desires... Our souls are almost completely asleep...but this is straying into another conversation...

"We can not separate the external from the internal events."

That I can agree with.

How it pertains to astrology though, I don´t know...

Maybe one system is better at highlighting external events and one is better at highlighting internal events...why, or if that´s even a correct stance, I could not tell you...
October 30, 2019 at 13:44
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Well you probably know my answer to all of the above: the answer is "NO" to all of the questions. This is the kind of issues you get into when you use quadrant houses as your main house system.

The only thing I would add is that each sign is broken up into terms. The last few degrees is always sub-ruled by either Mars of Saturn and if the Ascendant is located in the last few degrees of the sign that is usually problematic for the native.
October 30, 2019 at 12:15
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Yugen., who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"We should keep in mind, that when the Ascendant is at the beginning of a sign, the sign’s traits are more potent than when it is placed at its end. When the next sign occupies the biggest part of the 1st house, it naturally gives a lot of its traits to the native’s character and even to his body. If your Ascendant is at the last degrees of a sign, you can consider the next sign as a co-Ascendant. Many people though, experience the next sign to behave as the Rising sign a lot more than the one which is actually rising."

Totally agree with this statement, especially if there are planets in 1st house. ASC 29 Gemini, Sun/Venus/Moon in 6th-7th degree Cancer in 1st house for example with aspects. ASC Ruler and its aspects are very important too.
Whole sign houses are too simplistic for me.
October 30, 2019 at 11:45
=====
I find Placidus to be more accurate regarding psychological, internal stuff, and whole sign more accurate when it comes to external, tangible events as well as predictive work...

I read so often this argument for Whole sign system, but i dont understand it and to me this is a sophism. How is possible to predict the external events without to predict first the internal? External events are caused always because of our soul needs to experience these events. When the inner needs of our souls are strong the time is very near to experience some tangible events. Soul needs love, money, abudance, loss, pain, even death to develop, strengthen or learn something. We can not separate the external from the internal events.
October 21, 2019 at 16:07
(Libra) polareyezd
I have 4 planets within 27 28 degrees I think it might actually be a thing.
October 21, 2019 at 08:28
(Taurus) nutelina » Davis212
Well I was just pointing out that obvious thing but I didn´t have to write it, I just copy and pasted it from YT comments from 5 years ago :61:

You think I missed it? Did you see my 666 forum post and how it ties into genetics?

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…

Cool, I hated math until I had to learn myself... then I went on studying it and I could quite enjoy researching how math works but not the way it was thaught at all.. Maybe your system of teaching is different?
October 20, 2019 at 18:28
(Pisces) N_thecat » beep
I am Leo rising, but I often heard from people here I don´t have Leo Ascendant but Cancer,because it´s at 0 degrees.I never believed it,I have nothing to do with the sign of Cancer.

Another example - I am Pisces Sun at 28 degrees.I don´t know if I can see myself as born on the cusp (Pisces/Aries) - opinions on this topic are divided, some sources say I am "just" late Pisces, others say I am born on the cusp, so I have traits of 2 signs.
October 20, 2019 at 17:06
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am afraid you missed my whole point! Of course they are based on known mathematical laws. I was talking about the symmetry of it all, and how it is that the relation 3,6, 9 can be found at so many of life´s phenomena and manifestations (like 3,6, 9 "Vortex Math"), including the "astrological ages".

I studied advance math at the research level; so of course I know all of what you have posted; it is very elementary.

You missed the whole point of perfect "symmetry".
October 20, 2019 at 16:09
These are not mysteries but simple theorems in maths. If you add up the digits of any number divisible by 9, then they add up to 9. In particular any multiple of 180 is a multiple of 9 so its digits add up to 9.

Then, if you divide a number like 9 by 2, that´s the same as multiplying by 5 and dividing by 10, so if you ignore the decimal point - it´s like repeatedly multiplying by 5, so that´s why you continue to get digits summing up to 9 after repeatedly dividing by 2.

Then - another simple theorem - the sum of the exterior angles of a polygon add up to 360 degrees - easy to see - if you put hold a straight edge against each side of the polygon in turn, then it turns through a full circle by the time you get back to the start.

Then the sum of the interior angles is - e.g. for triangle, (180-n1) + (180-n2) + (180-n3) where n1, n2 and n3 are the three exterior angles so they add up to 360 so you have 3*180-360 = 180 which is why the interior angles of any triangle always add up to 180 degrees. And if you have four sides, you add an extra + (180-n4), so you´ve added an extra 180 degrees, but the numbers subtracted still all add up to 360 - and so it goes on

So is easy to see, that the interior angles of a convex polygon of n sides add up to (n-2) *180. And in decimal system - as they are all multiples of 180 which is itself a multiple of 9, then they are all multiples of 9 so the digits of course add up to 9.

Not a mystery at all, but simple maths. There are plenty of intriguing mysteries, but this is not one of them!

It´s fun though, example of rather nice fun things in maths that you can prove rather easily :).
October 20, 2019 at 16:08
(Gemini) beep » fishscales
LOLL i read the sign coming in instead of leaving. guess i relate w planets towards the end..
also even w virgo in 1st i dont resonate at all except only w lilth
October 20, 2019 at 16:04
29° Jupiter :63:

I have expanded quite a lot with Cancer.. :61: OK I know I´m just benign but still :4:
System message: Post has been written by user Davis212, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
"I do find the Placidus "micro-houses" of people born in extreme latitudes to be ridiculous..."

Indeed!

" ´That area of life isn´t important to them´, the Placidus defenders say about the micro-houses... Not buying it. Unimportant is different than almost non-existent...And that theory doesn´t really hold up when the ´micro-house´ is the first house..."

When people are not trained in "Logic", they come up with all kinds of faulty explanations, like the convenient, "That area of life isn´t important to them", fallacious explanation.

Life and the physical phenomena is governed/explained by simple mathematical laws. There seems to be an "order" to life; a symmetry - a specific pattern where relationships among elements are easily understood.

A sign correspond to one house - that´s a one-to-one correspondence that is "symmetrical". One house to one sign. Then ALL the complications of the other house systems are immediately eliminated in the one-to-one house/sign correspondence called the "Whole Sign House System".

One very ancient symbol is the symbol for the "Circle". And the number 12, 60, 360, are very key numbers in understanding the symmetry of the "Circle of Life" (the birth chart). And they are products of 3, 6, and 9, the numbers that Nikola Tesla said that:

“If you only knew the magnificence of the 3, 6 and 9, then you would have the key to the universe.”

https://youtu.be/W5mJeRtjPvY

The Placidus system breaks All the 3,6,9 symmetry of the circle. Honestly? I am even at a shock as to why it is even still used. No one really trained in math would ever use it. It just breaks all patterns, as it is never consistent.
YouTube
YouTube
Nice to know Davis. I´ll post something in the forum about math then but for genetics.
October 20, 2019 at 15:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » nutelina
=====
Thanks, :-)
October 20, 2019 at 15:31
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
Isn´t Virgo also two sided or was that Lilith her little bitch sister? A friend of mine had that *cough*
October 20, 2019 at 15:30
Very interesting with the past life time Davis.
October 20, 2019 at 15:29
(Pisces) fishscales » Davis212
I´m actually on the fence regarding the whole Placidus vs whole sign controversy...

I look at both...

I find Placidus to be more accurate regarding psychological, internal stuff, and whole sign more accurate when it comes to external, tangible events as well as predictive work...

I´m not basing this on any kind of demonstrable theory... Just limited personal experience...

I do find the Placidus "micro-houses" of people born in extreme latitudes to be ridiculous...

"That area of life isn´t important to them", the Placidus defenders say about the micro-houses... Not buying it. Unimportant is different than almost non-existent...And that theory doesn´t really hold up when the "micro-house" is the first house...
October 20, 2019 at 15:12
(Pisces) fishscales » beep
Your ascendant is actually pretty late in Leo... Virgo takes up more of your first house than Leo does...

But that´s part of the question right there.. If you relate very strongly to your Leo ascendant, that would seem to disprove the theory that this thread is about... At least in your case...
October 20, 2019 at 15:07
=====
Oh, I know what you mean now!

Yes, I use whole houses; so in WH that scenario never happens.

But one of the main reasons I switched to Whole Signs is just that; the counterintuitive scenario where, for example, our 5th house starts at 28° of Cancer, but is covering 28 degrees of Leo!!! And then the ruler of the 5th would be the Moon and not the Sun, even though that the Sun is influencing 28 degrees and the Moon only 2 degrees!!

Honestly? I can respect anyone´s decision to use whatever house system they feel describes them the best; but for me Placidus is extremely counterintuitive and not based in the symmetry of the mathematics of life.

Mathematically speaking (and math is my thing, and I am very good at it), Placidus is asymmetrical, it is not a "continuous function" (not a one-to-one correspondence), and has many "exceptions" (like for those living near the Poles).

Not trying to convince you of anything here, just presenting an alternative explanation as to why those cases you were mentioning, "feel" that they have the characteristics of the next sign.
October 20, 2019 at 15:02
(Gemini) beep
I see now why I relate so much w my rising
I feel the same way about other placements in the beginning of a sign
October 20, 2019 at 14:57
(Pisces) fishscales » nutelina
https://theastrocodex.com/virgo-asc…

This article is for Virgo rising, but I think the part I´m talking about is just the standard introduction they use for all the rising signs, before they get into the particulars...
October 20, 2019 at 14:53
(Pisces) fishscales » Davis212
The video seems to have to do with anaretic degrees, but I´m asking something a bit different...

How much does the sign that´s sharing the first house influence us... Ie, the sign that comes after the ascending sign, especially if it takes up a large portion of the first house...

In other words, if someone is born with their ascendant at 28 degrees Gemini, Cancer is going to take up more of their first house than Gemini will...how much influence will Cancer have on the person´s ascendant?

Of course, this is only true in the Placidus system, and I know you use whole signs, Davis...

Using whole signs, Gemini will take up the entire first house.. It *is* the first house, essentially... regardless of the ascending degree...

The girl in the video was pretty cute though... A sucker for girls in glasses, I am....
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »