Scorpio ascendant - Pluto in 1... Best career for me... Long travels?

October 5, 2019 at 06:57 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Krish678
Scorpio ascendant - Pluto in 1... Best career for me... Long travels?
Hello all,

I´m Krish from India and im looking for some help with regards to my career.

I´m presently working as design engineer in Saint Gobain glass. Recently as a part of my work I was asked to sign a 3 year retention agreement. I turned it down saying that I am planning to do my masters in materials science and metallurgy engineering. I´m planning to join college next year. I´m 25 now and if I work for 3 years I would be 28 and then to start studying might not be a good idea. Is it good for me to do my masters next year starting. What will be the best area for me to do higher studies? And what is the best profession for me? Would I be travelling a lot as part of my job? Please advise me

Could someone take a look at my transition and let me know the right time to start my master´s. I´m really confused. Am I choosing the right stream. Things at my job aren´t great too. is this a tough time for me? How long will it be so? I need your help to decide on the next course of plans

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
October 8, 2019 at 05:40
(Virgo) Davis212 » Davis212
Post data: Don´t get married now; just don´t. Forget the social/cultural pressure. You would lose focus. Wait until you finish your higher education. Wait until your 29-30, at least.
October 8, 2019 at 05:31
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, my friend; I´ve dedicated most of my night to you.

Tomorrow I´ll show you why Sept 15 2020 is THE best date.

I´ve "proved" to you why I thought that Penn State is the way to go. And in that Relocated chart, higher education and foreign travel is very obviously emphasized.

So, can you please get rid of that "worry machine"? :4: :61:

You WERE born to succeed; just have a little faith, :-)).

Goodnight! :29:
October 8, 2019 at 05:22
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, and FINALLY, Penn State. I do like this one from the beginning. Let´s see what we have.

1. Asc has 5 positive aspects!!! That´s a great start.

- Sextile the Moon in the 11th (wishes and goals. Also network circle of friends). This is great for getting along with others, and for finding "good connections".

- trine MC (FINALLY; first time!!).

- trine Jupiter in the 5th (studying, academics), yesss!!!

- sextile Chiron in the 3rd - Finally not directionless in life. Also the chance to heal the "worry machine", haha (3rd is lots of think, think - Gemini), and to improve your communication with others.

2. MC in 9th (foreign lands, higher education)

3. Saturn conjunct MC - steadiness towards a career path; self-discipline in one´s academic life (9th house), purpose and faith (9th house).

4. Ruler of 9th in 5th,a VERY auspicious (lucky) combination for study and for foreign travel (the two houses of "luck"), and Jupiter - the "Greatest Benefic" - is the ruler, and IS in the 5th. What more can you possibly ask for, :-))).

5. And if #4 above wasn´t enough, Jupiter (allowing a little less than 10 degree orb) is trine MC.

6. Mercury (Intelligence, thinking process) in the 1st.

So what are you waiting for? Start packing, haha.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 05:02
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, next Berkeley, CA.

This is even better than the previous ones.

The Taurus Asc has 3 good aspects:

1. Trine Uranus - good for changes, and for "thinking outside the box".

2. Trine Neptune - not sure how this would have to do with studying and engineering. Good for mystics, and spiritual healers, though.

3. And trine Mercury in the 3rd - this is excellent for studying. The 3rd is the house of our efforts, talents and skills. So this is good. Also a house having to do with studying.

Now MC conjunct Uranus? Not sure about that one. Great for changing from career paths, but you are staying in engineering. Great for leaving a job where one has been stuck for a long time - not your case.

Then MC conjunt Neptune? Uhmm, too confusing. For someone who already knows what he wants, and who is into healing/mysticism, yes, great. But for someone into engineering and who has had difficulties with feeling directionless in life? Don´t think so.

Pluto trine MC is good. Positive transformations. But Jupiter is square MC.

Ok, good; I am changing my mind - I don´t like this Relocated chart for you, haha.
Login
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 04:40
(Virgo) Davis212
Now, Urbana, Illinois.

This one is not bad, I feel. Could be better, though.

Asc square MC, but you also have that natally.

The Asc is Gemini - good for intellectual pursuits.

Mars is conjunt Asc - I like it, because this is drive, energy, passion. But can also make one bad-tempered and get us to react too quickly (Mars in Gemini, but of course the sign don´t change).

The only square to the Asc that you don´t also have natally, is the square to Venus in the 4th. But there is no "perfect" Relocated chart. And this can "challenge" us to relate to others; you have Mars square Venus natally.

Saturn conjunct MC in the 10th - this I like very much, even though that many astrologers would probably say, "No, no; that´s not a good aspect for a Relocated chart". Saturn does well in the 10th as Saturn is the significator of career and service. And here can give us a lot of self-discipline and drive (Capricorn) to succeed.

But I don´t like that much that Pluto is in the 6th and square MC - which you don´t have natally.

Overall, this chart is better than the previous ones.
Login
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 04:23
(Virgo) Davis212
Now it is the turn for "Temple", Arizona.

Taurus Asc. That´s not bad; very steady on his goal.

Pluto opposite Asc. You do have Pluto conjunct your Asc natally, but I feel it is a much better aspect, as now it is in the 7th (relationships, others) opposite the Asc (You). So I feel the "energies" are different, though also have many similarities.

Moon (thinking) is now in the 1st and square the MC. You are already a worry machine without that aspect, haha, so no thanks, :-). You (Asc) don´t want to be worry (square of the Moon) about your career (MC) all the time.

Then the MC is square Jupiter.

Not so good overall. Don´t love this Relocated chart too much.
Login
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 04:10
(Virgo) Davis212
Next, let´s take a look at "Zurich", Switzerland.

It is basically the same chart as in Lausanne, of course. So, discarded. I am not necessarily saying, "It is very bad", but I just don´t like it, except for Mars conjunct MC.
Login
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 04:05
(Virgo) Davis212
Now, let´s take the 1st option: Lausanne, Switzerland.

Let´s take a look at the chart.

1. Your Asc is now Virgo - that´s not bad. But now the Asc is conjunct Chiron (wounds). Believe me, you DON´T want Chiron in the first and conjunt the Asc, haha. That might be good for a "spiritual healer" (I am one of them), but not for an engineer, and less so for someone who will be doing his higher education. So just this one aspect would be enough for me to say, "No way, Lausanne!" Haha.

2. Then the Asc is opposite Saturn, which you don´t have natally. Not a good "switch" at all.

3. Then the MC is conjunct Mars - which is not bad in itself, as Mars in the 10th do well,and more so conjunct our MC. But, the MC is square to that 1st house Chiron which is conjunct the AC. You also have the MC square As, but you also have that natally.

So this Relocated chart doesn´t look that good.
Login
(Log in)
October 8, 2019 at 03:48
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, so in "Relocated Charts", we ONLY look at two things:.

1. Aspects to the Angles (Asc, MC, IC, and Desc).

2. Planets conjunct the Angles.

Why?

Because in Relocated charts the sign and degree of the planets themselves never change. In a Relocated chart one is basically changing the Asc and MC; that´s it. And obviously, we would also be changing the Desc and IC as the immediate opposite to the AC and MC, respectively.

By "Relocating" we are basically seeking another Asc so that we can alter the natal houses that the planets will be influencing now. Also, so that we can have better aspects to the Angles, which are (the Angles) the most important and sensitive parts of a birth chart.

Also, planets conjunct or aspecting the Angles becomes very important and influencing in our charts.

That is ALL we look from a Relocated chart.
October 8, 2019 at 03:28
(Virgo) Davis212 » Krish678
And the winner is........... Penn State!

The one I thought, and the one I am sure you thought as well, :-).

Let´s look at each "Relocated Chart".
October 8, 2019 at 02:53

"Just to tell you what I think.. heI have in mind

1. University of California, Berkeley
2. Pennsylvania state university
3. University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
4. University of Texas, Austin
5. Arizona state university

And for Europe.

1. ETH, Zürich
2. EPFL, Lausanne

Just to tell you what I think.. hehe"

Let me check those in your astrocartography map.
October 8, 2019 at 02:51
"Maybe you will get my city Kollam if you search for Quilon ( that was the old name)... During the British period... But if kilikollur works it´s fine!"

Oh I see! I´ll try that name, but with kilikollur I get the same chart; so it is ok.

"Lol you are making me laugh.."

:4:

"... but kinda yes, I´m bumping the post so that I get to understand wider views and then decide... I told you things have not gone as per planned but every last minute decision has been fruitful. Maybe this is one such!"

I totally understand, :-)).

"I think I´m a little vulnerable these days but once I decide I don´t stop!"

I know, super Scorpio! Haha!

"Yes I worry a lot now! Gosh I laugh all the time you call me that"

:4: :61:

"But you have been super sweet in making an exception for me! I would like to meet you sometime this life! Waiting for your further analysis!!!"

Thanks, me too! We´ll do a patent together someday, :-).
October 8, 2019 at 02:44
"Wow! This is great!! A research career in materials! Beautiful!!"

Indeed!

"I think I already have a problem with manipulative boss at work! Gosh it´s pretty bad these days."

Oh, a few hard transits: Transiting Jupiter square Venus in the 11th (friends, co-workers), and transiting Pluto opposite Mercury (some issues with communication), among others. It will pass; just focus on the positive.

"...does it also have in my chart that if I don´t like someone then I just ´don´t like´ them! I tend to stay away. I don´t act harsh or speak harsh but I avoid much contact!! This is true now"

Of course! You are a "Super Pluto" individual. Just think of yourself as a super Scorpio Sun; but not with a vengeance (Leo Sun), haha.

"Yes I think I´m directionless!! Sometimes it happens and the same happened before I joined the navy and the same before engineering!! That´s why I´m being over cautious!!"

I totally understand. However, sometimes it is just better to "go with the flow" and trust the "Universe". You are from India; embrace the Vedas, :-)).

"Just a quick doubt!! Which chart are you following the one with the tropics? Coz you said Jupiter in 1, Chiron in 11, mara in 8 exactly as my vedic chart!! But the placidus chart here has everything one house before.. Jupiter in 12, Chiron 10 and Mars 7. Why is that so?"

Oh, I don´t waste my time with Placidus; so counterintuitive indeed! Does it make any sense to you to have the "cusp" (beginning line, starting point) of your 4th house in 29 degrees of Cancer, but saying that your "4th house is in Cancer" (which is only covering ONE degree of Cancer), even when 29 degrees of that 4th house is in Leo? Doesn´t make much sense, does it? To call the Moon the ruler of that 4th house instead of the Sun (Leo)? I don´t think so.

"And according to my vedic chart I have libra ascendant with jup and rahu in 1, Saturn in 5( in his own house), moon,Ketu in 7, mars in 8, mercury in 9 ( same in the navamasa - in his own house), sun in 10 and Venus in 11."

I am trained in Vedic (before I was trained in Western, actually), but I rather don´t mix the interpretations now, because it might be a little too much for your "worry machine", haha!!

"I was just wondering about the difference that caught my attention.. hehe I´m all over the place now! Gosh"

Yes, you are! Haha!

In "Whole Houses", we just have one WHOLE sign in a one-to-one (and intuitively correct) correspondence to ONE house. Don´t you love the beauty of "symmetry"? :-))).
October 8, 2019 at 02:16
(Leo) Krish678 » Davis212
I have in mind

1. University of California, Berkeley
2. Pennsylvania state university
3. University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign
4. University of Texas, Austin
5. Arizona state university

And for Europe.

1. ETH, Zürich
2. EPFL, Lausanne

Just to tell you what I think.. hehe
October 8, 2019 at 02:14
Wow! This is great!! A research career in materials! Beautiful!!

I think I already have a problem with manipulative boss at work! Gosh it´s pretty bad these days.. does it also have in my chart that if I don´t like someone then I just "don´t like" them! I tend to stay away. I don´t act harsh or speak harsh but I avoid much contact!! This is true now

Yes I think I´m directionless!! Sometimes it happens and the same happened before I joined navy and the same before engineering!! That´s why I´m being over cautious!!

Just a quick doubt!! Which chart are you following the one with the tropics? Coz you said Jupiter in 1, Chiron in 11, mara in 8 exactly as my vedic chart!! But the placidus chart here has everything one house before.. Jupiter in 12, Chiron 10 and Mars 7. Why is that so?

And according to my vedic chart I have libra ascendant with jup and rahu in 1, Saturn in 5( in his own house), moon,Ketu in 7, mars in 8, mercury in 9 ( same in the navamasa - in his own house), sun in 10 and Venus in 11.

I was just wondering about the difference that caught my attention.. hehe I´m all over the place now! Gosh
October 8, 2019 at 02:07
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, I´ll be back very shortly with reasons why Sept 15 2020 is the best, and why the US (Pennsylvania state university) is best option.
October 8, 2019 at 02:02
(Virgo) Davis212
Ok, let´s break this down into a "mathematical" analysis, :-).

CAREER: Obviously engineering.

FIELD: Research

1.Scorpio Asc
2. Pluto conjunct Asc
3. 1st house Scorpio North Node (NN)
4. Scorpio NN conjunct Scorpio Asc
5. NN conjunct Pluto in Scorpio in the 1st
6. Jupiter in the 1st in Scorpio

Don´t you dare do other thing except research, haha!! You have the "tools" (talents) to actually get results in the research field, and quite possibly, to even come up with a few very interesting and original patents.

AREA OF SPECIALIZATION: Metals, underground things, Material Science, Applied Quantum Mechanics (an 8th house "spooky" thing, haha). Ruler of 6th (work) is Mars (engineering); and is in 8th house (metals, underground materiales). Research into better Superconducting materials; Nanotechnology, etc.

TOOLS:

1 . From 1-6 above
2. Jupiter in 1st (luck)
3. Leo Sun in the 10th of career
4. 1st Scorpio NN trine Mercury in 9th (education).
5. Scorpio Pluto trine Mercury - a very incisive mind.

"DEBILITATIONS":

1.A 7th house South Node conjunct Descendant = depend too much on the opinions of others; codependency. Needs to rely more (and trust) on himself (1st house North Node).

2. Pluto opposite the Descendant - same as above, but also, can attract the wrong kind of partners: individuals that are manipulative, controlling, too clingy, and obsessive. Careful not to fall into the same patterns yourself - which most probably you do without noticing it. Careful with jealous/manipulative fellow workers and bosses.

3. 1st house NN not fully developed. Needs to work on self-confidence (not academically; that´s totally fine) and on self-assertiveness.

4. Can feel "directionless" as regards goals and specific objectives - Chiron in 11th houses (wishes and dreams).

5. Doesn´t fully trust own instincts (even though are great!!). Already knew best decision was not to sign that agreement, do master (and PhD) now, and in the USA, but doubted himself.
October 8, 2019 at 01:30
Maybe you will get my city Kollam if you search for Quilon ( that was the old name)... During the British period... But if kilikollur works it´s fine!

Lol you are making me laugh.. but kinda yes, I´m bumping the post so that I get to understand wider views and then decide... I told you things have not gone as per planned but every last minute decision has been fruitful. Maybe this is one such!

I think I´m a little vulnerable these days but once I decide I don´t stop! Yes I worry a lot now! Gosh I laugh all the time you call me that

But you have been super sweet in making an exception for me! I would like to meet you sometime this life! Waiting for your further analysis!!!
October 8, 2019 at 01:22
"Omg! Kilikollur is not even a city!!! Lolol! But it was the fort entrance during the Travancore rule over 1000 years ago!! Pretty historic there and it´s just around 15kms from my city of birth!"

See? Synchronicity is in your favor! ;-).

I´ll be back soon with my "temporary relocation" analysis.

Btw, how is that "statistical analysis" game of yours going? :3: :1:

Have you already accumulated enough "statistical data" to make up your mind? Haha.

I was wondering, "How it is - in the name of God - that an engineer is asking the same question over and over again at different posts?"

Then it hit me! "Oh, he is doing an ´statistical analysis´! He is searching for ´repetitive patterns´ in all the readings he has received! Then once he notice the pattern, he´ll decide", right? :4:
October 8, 2019 at 00:55
Omg! Kilikollur is not even a city!!! Lolol! But it was the fort entrance during the Travancore rule over 1000 years ago!! Pretty historic there and it´s just around 15kms from my city of birth!
October 8, 2019 at 00:53
(Virgo) Davis212 » Davis212
"Will tell you if USA or Europe is better at a later reply. Can´t do your astrocartography map with your city of birth; it is not listed on the Astrodienst´s data bank. What´s the closest (less than one hour drive from your birth city) well known city?"

Never mind; I´ve already assigned "Kilikollur" as your "new" city of birth, haha. That´s close enough. Same placements, same degrees, :-).
October 7, 2019 at 22:34
Hi!

Sorry for all the delay; been very busy.

Quick reply and recommendations; will explain later on in a separate reply:

1. Do master now. Best date: 15 September 2020. You better move your ass fast and now, haha.

2. No marriage for now. Finish your master (and even PhD) first. Forget about India´s expectations about marriage; this is 2019, :-))).

3. You will do great in research. You need freedom and independence in your working environment. For research you need at least a master, but preferably a PhD. You would do great with patents.

4. Always follow your instincts; yours are well developed, but you are a worry machine, :-). Trust your instincts.

Will tell you if USA or Europe is better at a later reply. Can´t do your astrocartography map with your city of birth; it is not listed on the Astrodienst´s data bank. What´s the closest (less than one hour drive from your birth city) well known city?
October 6, 2019 at 08:16
Yes Davis I have been in a lot of confusion and it always bothers me if I took the wrong decision of not signing the retention bond which was to start in aug 2019 till aug 2022. I had an intuitive feeling that I shouldn´t sign it and I didn´t. I always wanted to study further but I haven´t really planned anything. This has always been my problem...

I think I have literally become a worry machine. I think my experiences in life made me so. You know I started my undergraduate education in engineering in July 2012. But then I got an opportunity to join the naval academy in Jan 2013. I left my seat in a public engineering university and joined the academy. I was really doing well there and in Jan 2014... This happened... I had a migraine attack and it was seen as a big issue and I was asked to discontinue my training.. I came out of the Indian Navy for no reason of mine... I was so desperate but the only good thing I have and I am happy about it is the way I rise out of such emotional struggles. So after losing 2 years I started my engineering education again in 2014 and completed in 2018.

That´s when I joined Saint Gobain in July 2018. I had an opportunity to do my undergraduate thesis at the Pennsylvania state university from Jan to June 2018 and I had a really good time and it instilled in me the desire to do a masters or even a PhD... So I joined the company with the mindset that I´ll work for a max of 3 years and then join masters.. things were okay until the bond was discussed and somewhere it hit me that I got to finish my studies at the earliest.. if I get into a job routine I won´t do studies anymore..

So I took the hard decision with not much of a back up.. now I´m planning for my GRE next month and looking to start my master´s by sept 15, 2020.. I´m not sure of that now as there is little time and I have a lot to do for the admission.. my next shot will be Jan 15, 2021 and I am planning for my master´s in material science and engineering and maybe if I can do a Minor in business/ human resources.. I´m not sure how good I´ll be in management ( can you take a look at that too?) And so if the course isn´t offered in spring 2021 my best shot will be sept 2021... so here I will need your help to find the best dates for my master´s...

Being in India there is always a talk about marriage and it will hit me for sure in the next 2 years.. that´s also a thing in my head.. I want to get settled before that.. and of the many who saw my chart.. all said I might have a troubled marriage( what do you think of that)?.. I thought I want to be on a good ground before I marry in that case... I´m so confused

Again can you tell me to the perfection of whether USA or Europe is my destination from the chart?? I know that´s too much to ask but with the precision astrology can give I think you could tell me that too.. I have around 6 universities in mind ( 2 Europe and 4 US) which I´m planning to apply for sept 2020 intake. And I´m going with material engineering... Probably into nano or bio material or even metallic composite ( I´m not sure of that now)

So I would need your guidance to help me decide.. I may have a good chart but I need a little support to firm myself. Once I decide on something then I´m strong rooted but I´m so indecisive till I do that. I think it has got to do with the Libra ascendant in my vedic chart!!! So please take some time out for me and help me out here.. I know you are busy and I have been bugging you but I will be so grateful if you help. If there are any other details that you will need I am ready to provide...

Also anybody else who goes through this forum thread and feels can give me a word of guidance I will be so grateful.

Awaiting your reply on this Davis!!
October 6, 2019 at 03:10
(Virgo) Davis212
I was taking a "Leave of Absence", but because you are VERY insistent individual, I am making an exception with you.

I don´t know why you worry so much; stop consulting those Vedic astrologers, haha. You have one of the best charts that I´ve seen in years! Want to switch it with mine? Haha.

I would need the EXACT dates of the starting point of that master degree. It can be more than one date, but I do need exact dates as in Jan 15 2021, etc. Check the curriculum so you know that exact dates.

But generally speaking, yes; you would be better off doing that master now and not later. Important companies look for engineers who have specialized in a particular field; and that means a master at least.

Give me exact dates. And stop worrying so much; you are a worry machine, haha. Your career success has been "written in the stars".

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »