Whole sign system question

September 22, 2019 at 00:03 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Whole sign system question
Which is more important in obtaining information about career in the whole sign system: the midheaven and its house position, or the 10th house?

Or should they both be synthesized?

Thanks in advance for any feedback on this.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 26, 2019 at 10:45
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
"And in combination with placidus or other system it make sense much more, than to read whole sign separately."

I´ve been looking at both recently too.

For my chart, both Placidus and whole signs make sense, but in different ways... Different levels or something...the psychological and the concrete and tangible maybe.

Whole sign did nail down that I would live abroad, something that I don´t see in my Placidus chart.
September 26, 2019 at 10:39
(Gemini) Olenna » stevenwings
This is a very good post, i agree with it. I like some of the vedic insights, there things that western astrology does not even consider, i think it`s a waste to not look at everything the chart has to offer in terms of life purpose and career.
I also look at the 12th house for what the soul is trying to achieve through this life.
September 26, 2019 at 07:39
(Virgo) MarvinReal » stevenwings
Excellent post on Vedic astro traditions.

From the chart in your posted example I´ve noticed :151: tight conjunct :154: . If there is also a "parallel" aspect between them, it makes the most beautiful, magnetically attractive appearance for both men and women. Especially if when in 5th house of whole signs, using sidereal zodiac. Hopefully using a proper ayanamsa, though, not default Lahiri.
September 26, 2019 at 05:48
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » Leo Moon
It’s true that some folks only like half of my Astrological Sign System for Whole Houses.

It is my Half A.S.S system for A.S.S.Wholes! :61:

Truly inspired and brought to You by Guinness.

Guinness is good for You!!! :36:
September 26, 2019 at 05:38
(Gemini) stigmí
I dont like whole sign system. Its very uniformed. And it dont make me sense. And Its not for me enough reasons that it is oldest and so on. But i found some way how to read it just like inspiration...thanks to my chart which is very different. MC is in 12.th house.This really reflects my purpose in life. And in combination with placidus or other system it make sense much more, than to read whole sign separately.
September 26, 2019 at 05:13
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I have been really thinking about this.

I have devised the Astrological Sign System for Whole Houses.

I call it the A.S.S. Whole system.

When I really have penetrated it’s depths..,
I mean sniffed out all the possibilities I will give
a full description of my A.S.S. Whole . :2: :4: :61: :40:
September 26, 2019 at 03:09
(Pisces) fishscales » stevenwings
"The thread began with a question about assessing career. Of course, many chose the 10th; however, career is a modern notion. Rather than what we do, the 10th is where we project ourselves out into the world in order to participate in community. It is where we show out public face"

I do agree with this.

Sometimes it feels like I´m saying "the 10th house represents career" by rote, and more because it´s what I´ve learned rather than what I believe.

I have to digest the rest of the post. I understand what you´re saying about the 1st house molding career, but I feel it shows more where our natural tendencies lie, rather than what we will do with those natural tendencies.

In other words, we may express our natural tendencies *in* our career, but those natural tendencies may not have much to do with determining our career itself.

To use myself as an example, I have Uranus in Libra conjunct my ASC, and I don´t consider my career very Uranian or Libran... Even though I express Libra and Uranian energy while I´m at work, in the way I relate to co-workers, the company, etc.

Still, thank you for the post, it definitely gave me something to chew on.
September 26, 2019 at 02:30
(Gemini) stevenwings
Smiles with joy.

The thread began with a question about assessing career. Of course, many chose the 10th; however, career is a modern notion. Rather than what we do, the 10th is where we project ourselves out into the world in order to participate in community. It is where we show out public face

In traditional Hindu/Vedic culture, the word dharma refers to our life purpose. This concept is bigger than job/career, and points to us as a human Being rather than a human doing.

In H/V astrology, the 1st, 5th, and 9th houses are dharma houses. In terms of career, the most important house is the 1st house because it represents you as a whole; therefore, planets or aspects or midpoints in the 1st can shape your outlook and interests.

Next, look at the ruler of the 1st House, its placement, and the aspects and midpoints associated with it

In the attached sample, the Aries Asc is ruled by Mars in the 7th, suggesting a strong motivation to attain power and recognition in life through interacting with others.

To support this direction, the Asc and Jupiter are trine with a orb of 2°50´ suggesting that without even really trying, he makes a good impression on others because he has an outgoing and positive personality, which others find attractive and appealing.

The Asc is at the Moon/Neptune midpoint pointing to the ability to tune into and pick up others feelings, an important quality for the career which he is already pursuing.

Hint: the almost-cazimi conjunction of Venus and Sun in the 5th House of Play House, Having Fun, and Children with the Sun shining in its own house (fame)
and Venus ruling the 2nd House of Love is the Greatest Wealth of All.

https://imgur.com/T7cVnbo

With best wishes to all,

Steven
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 23, 2019 at 10:57
(Virgo) MarvinReal » polareyezd
Yes, sort of. Ancient Greeks were mad. They thought everything should be synchronised with everything, even though it were completely unrelated things. (12 signs, 12 houses, 3 modalities each having 4 signs, 4 seasons each having 3 calendar months, and so on, ... it´s elegant, but untrue). They even forced Persians, Indians and Egyptians to change their astrological systems. So it were uniformed in their version of syncretism.

Number 12 and its multiple of 60 are sacred in many philosophical thoughts.

Lunisolar calendar with Metonic cycle features 12 months with some leap days, and also leap embolismic year.

Most ancient civilizations did mistake with exactly 360 days a year, =12*30, so they had troubles with seasons.
September 23, 2019 at 04:27
(Libra) polareyezd
This topic had me thinking of base 10 , hexadecimal and octagonal number systems but it´s wisdom to note that there´s only 12 signs what an interesting read.

Http://io9.gizmodo.com/why-we-shoul…

Now I realize that there´s a reason for the 12 zodiac signs? It´s actually a good idea? Also that would seem to make sense with the "whole sign" thing wouldn´t it?
September 22, 2019 at 15:47
(Virgo) MarvinReal » Ancient_Astrology
Geez :D Zodiacs and house systems are different things, but they´re closely aligned combination for me, won´t explain why.

Oktotopos and Gauquelin aren´t only different by being 8 places. It´s unlike anything else you have been taught in entire life. Take a look on it further if you want.

If you want to dispute zodiac and houses, as nonsense, which I often do doubt about, only the planetary aspects remain relevant.
September 22, 2019 at 15:19
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MarvinReal
System message: Post has been written by user Ancient_Astrology, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
<<It isn´t true that WHS is the oldest. The oldest is constellational zodiac, dodekamoria, and the Oktotopos, which was rediscovered by several astrologers past century and ´by coincidence´ it correlates quite a bit with Gauquelin sector chart.>>

Sorry, but this just isn´t true. The Oktotopos was a manner in which to divide the horoscope up into 8 houses. However, even these were divided up according to the Whole sign system. Oktopos (οκτοτοπος) means 8 place. "Places" was the word the Hellenistic astrologers used for what we call "houses". The constellational zodiac has nothing to do with house systems. It has to do with the signs: so you have the constellational zodiac, the sidereal zodiac and the tropical zodiac. In Western astrology we use mostly the tropical zodiac but that has nothing to do with house division.
September 22, 2019 at 15:12
(Virgo) MarvinReal
The Whole Signs system is 2nd most popular in the Western astrology, behind Placidus, and it´s 1st worldwide. (Usage share % surveys)

As you may know I am obsessed with Campanus and Krusinski-Pisa-Goezler. (both are <5% worldwide). I trust it even in polar regions, where sizes apportioned to some astrological houses are extreme. I believe it reflects correctly local space chart and the reality itself for the individuals as well as events. I have this convictions all life and later I found many sidereal astrologers, even tropicalists, were advocating it, but maybe I should do new experimental data and statistics, when I will have time and taste. Not anytime soon hopefully.

I know plenty of arguments for adoption of Whole signs system, such as becoming a mainstream and majority view like anyone else, and I was used to use it as third option, especially when natal or synastry´s houses overlays were portraying it nicer than it was and I could ´Neptune-it´. But lol, it won´t work either.

It isn´t true that WHS is the oldest. The oldest is constellational zodiac, decans, dodekamoria, and the Oktotopos, which was rediscovered by several astrologers past century and ´by coincidence´ it correlates quite a bit with Gauquelin sector chart.

There was a development in astrology. The question is whether progression or degression.

MC could fall anywhere between 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th, 12th. Significance is in manifestation are of life. Also, the MC does not automatically mean profession or career. I believe that it´s a misconception. Interpretation is the hardest subject.

Sorry for too long selftalk.
September 22, 2019 at 14:43
(Pisces) IleneTs » fishscales
I see Ancient_Astrology already answered the question and I agree with him.
September 22, 2019 at 14:04
(Pisces) fishscales » Ancient_Astrology
Thanks. This seems to be the consensus.

Seems like getting info from the 10th house as well as where the MC falls (if it´s a different house) could lend another dimension to interpretation.
September 22, 2019 at 13:38
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Ancient_Astrology, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
10th house is the house. However, if the MC happens to fall in, say, the 9th or 11th house, then career information will be obtained by combining the associations with the 9th house/11th house with that of the 10th house.
September 22, 2019 at 13:35
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
On a side note, I was under the impression that the MC can fall anywhere from the 8th to 12th house in the whole sign system.
September 22, 2019 at 10:53
(Pisces) fishscales » IleneTs
Thanks IleneTs.

So, basically, you´re synthesizing what the 10th house says with where the MC falls, if it´s in a different house than the 10th.

Would you consider either one the "lead" indicator, or are they both equal?
September 22, 2019 at 09:30
(Pisces) IleneTs
Both, the MC can fall into the 9th, 10th or 11th house and gives in this way additional information what your interest regarding the 10th house is.
September 22, 2019 at 01:36
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
I haven’t a clue! Ha ha.... :3:

Bumped Your thread though. :4:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »