Hello, let me introduce Mercury topic

September 8, 2019 at 17:34 (UT/GMT)
(Gemini) stigmí
Hello, let me introduce Mercury topic
Anybody here with Gemini Mercury or Mercury in 6th or Mercury as dominant planet? :74:
Or somebody with some of those aspects of Mercury -- Mercury/Neptun, Mercury/Saturn, Mercury/Pluto, Mercury/Venus? :74:

I would like to explore more about this topic...how is Mercury influence on our thinking in these cases...what specifications....how to cultivate it to the best form of it....how use it the best way...something like--whats the mission :49:

Thank you :74: :29: :108:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 13, 2019 at 22:35
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
"In relationship is for me much more important emotional stimulation."

Yeah that´s definitely your Venus in Cancer like you said.

Mercury conjunct DSC could also mean you´ll attract a communicative partner... But the nature of that communication will be mitigated by Mercury´s aspects.. That Saturn/Mercury square might actually inhibit their communication a bit..
September 13, 2019 at 18:43
(Sagittarius) GoldenLion5
I have Capricorn Mercury in 6th house. Prolific Writer, I can pretty much write all day long. With that comes a lot of education and learning, but I think it´s a mix with intercepting 5th house with Sag Sun and Neptune in Sag, which Jupiter expands everything 100% that I do.

I´m more of person that teaches people to bring structure to their thoughts. Since writing is your thoughts, when you write every day you´re training your thoughts to be focused with precision and not be wandering everywhere in Idle Time.

Which with Uranus in Libra Square Capricorn Mercury this has a been a huge soul intention since where ever your focus goes your attentions goes. I learned to discipline my thoughts in various ways.

I can´t say it works for everyone the same way, but creative visualization, writing, really helped me a lot. In other words as sports athletes do, you mental rehearse every day.

Which if you´re a visual person like me with Neptune in there it´s usually visual learning. Seeing what yourself doing whatever it is you want to achieve. "For example: Visualizing yourself taking the perfect swing on the base ball field."

I´ve gotten so good at it over the years, I can play tennis in my head, swing a baseball bat, write on a chalk board, and I have to say not everyone can do this.

This is why some people learn from audio or visual. Which why when you´re sitting in classroom they tell you take notes, look at the power point on the topic, and hear the teacher lecturing.

It brings structure to your thoughts and thinking process.
September 13, 2019 at 18:20
(Gemini) NessaMira
I have Mercury in the fifth house in Gemini, hard to beat me at scrabble :61:
September 13, 2019 at 18:12
(Taurus) JupiterCreation
Hi stigmi, intersting topic that u introduce to us, so respond your question on " how is mercury influence on our thinking in these cases" i think that someone who have mercury in gemini would be very mental active, a lot of questions in their head, also i think that since mercury is all about the way we communicate, think and talk, so a person with mercury in gemini would take two sides of the same story not because he can´t decide but because he´s a very duo sign and curious. Gemini mercury is able to see everything in multiple pespectives which makes them appear as a little inconstant sometimes.
One dear friend of mine it´s a person who have a stellium in germini, he have sun,mercury and mars in gemini that makes a opposition to his moon in sag. For people who don´t know my friend very well might getting a feeling that he´s too unreliable about decisions and what he says or act but the thing is that when a gemini ( especially mercury in gemini) just finish say something to someone in his head he´s just change his opinion about it :4:
it´s like a great debate on his head all the time. My friend believes in duality, caos and order, peace and war, good and bad, sometimes this cause him problems because his just said something and another time his saying other thing completed different.
September 13, 2019 at 03:50
(Gemini) SSSSireen » stigmí
Yeah. It was really late, I had just been sort of obsessing about my Mercury, then I saw you had a Mercury topic. I guess my question was wondering how those Mercury themes would play into my sun expression? I realize it wasn’t necessarily relevant to this thread, and started another one. Thanks. 🙂
September 12, 2019 at 20:26
(Gemini) stigmí » SSSSireen
Its ok...but I am not sure what is your question. I think sun and mercury are different themes, but when you are gemini (mercury rules), so mercury themes are more important and have effects how your sun will be expressed...
September 12, 2019 at 19:57
(Gemini) stigmí » fishscales
In relationship is for me much more important emotional stimulation. I feel without emotional support like fish without water. Of course i need communication too, but based on spirit and emotional connection.
I think that is my venus in cancer. Everybody who can connect my soul is on the best way to understand me. Who not, communication is useless.
But I agree, communication is sometimes blocked and also confusing...i think maybe often while i have my mind attacks x)
September 11, 2019 at 21:35
(Virgo) Stasya
I am a dominant mercury - Mercury in Virgo, with the Sun, Mars, and Moon - all in the 7th house, by whole sign system.
September 11, 2019 at 13:26
(Pisces) fishscales » VampiricVirgo
"I can relate to all of that, minus the Aries influence"

If I recall correctly, you have Mercury in Libra, which is going to give the opposite effect of Mercury in Aries.

While I´m always trying to stir things up through communication, you are probably trying to smooth things over

Mercury in Aries communicates impulsively, while Mercury in Libra will mentally weigh the circumstances and possible outcomes before speaking

The mind is generally rooted in harmony and balance and less aggressive than with Merc in Aries

Libra will not slow down Mercury´s 6th house speed though...
September 11, 2019 at 13:14
(Virgo) VampiricVirgo » fishscales
I can relate to all of that, minus the Aries influence. For sure hits the nail on the head regarding Mercury in the 6th. Especially the healing by giving advice to others (that we mostly don’t take our selves haha). Also the whole moving, talking, walking fast. Restless mind, feels like I always have to be doing something if not then thinking of something. Always changing jobs, thinking of ways to make new income.
September 11, 2019 at 10:22
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
I also noticed you have Mercury conjunct your descendant.

It´s still in the 6th, but it´s influence is going to creep into 7th house affairs.

Communication in partnerships will be very important to you.

If there are any work partnerships, communication will be extremely important there too.

You will probably seek alot of intellectual stimulation through partnerships.

Mercury is squared by Saturn, so communication in partnerships may be repressed or blocked in some way

Mercury is opposite Neptune... beware of confusing, unclear, or deceptive communication in relationships. Communication in relationships may be imaginative or artistic.
September 11, 2019 at 08:50
(Gemini) SSSSireen
Interesting. I’ve been thinking about my Mercury this evening. It’s in Taurus but it’s part of a T-square in my chart. Opposite Uranus both of which Square my Saturn. I’m actually seeking insight to how that might color my Gemini sun. Sometimes I feel like it gets drowned out by my Sun, Moon, Venus, and Mars. Would the sign my Mercury is in effect my Jupiter as well? What about house cusps (3rd & IC Gemini, Dsc Virgo)?

I’m not sure my aspects meet your topic criteria, and I apologize for showing up with questions of my own. I appreciate you starting this thread. 🙂
September 11, 2019 at 07:17
(Gemini) stigmí » fishscales
Yes I also thing that is impossible to separate influence of aries x))

"Changing jobs often" --- I should focus on this a little...because I have about three years still same work and maybe also this make me tired and overwhelmed...maybe I need new fresh inspirations...

Thank you :74:
September 11, 2019 at 07:11
(Gemini) stigmí » VampiricVirgo
This is great insight :15:
I was searching for two things...why these quick rush of thoughts, that brings me often to places where i didn´t want to be...and second what is wrong with my mind, because i feel it like divided and part of my mind is still in another place of reality, cant concentrate and make mistakes...but i think it is just that case, that I am too overwhelmed. Time for meditation and to make order in my mind is very important to work right and effective. As virgo house - this cleaning program is necessary x)
Yes I like when my mind is just quick and sharp...that make me satisfied and that is something in what i can feel free to serve somehow our world :15:
Thank you :74:
September 10, 2019 at 09:10
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
I have Gemini Mercury in third house.
I have Sun conjunct Mercury, Mercury conjunct Venus, Mercury square Mars, Mercury semi-sextile Jupiter, Mercury opposition Saturn, Mercury opposition Uranus, Mercury opposition Midheaven and Mercury square Ascendant.

I have a very active mind. There is restless monologue within myself. I’m full of verbal outbursts, love arguments and am very direct. I can instantly understand something. When I used to study, I could skim pages and figure out everything because I look at the big picture instead of the details. I’m definitely not detail oriented and see them as a burden. I like to look up random stuff just for the sake of learning. My views are very fixed. Once I make up my mind on something, nobody can change it. I’m also very cunning. People say I come across as overly aggressively. I think about causing a revolution a lot.

I can say things “nicely” if I want to but I don’t feel like I’m being true to myself when I do. Quite honestly, I really hate the current political correctness. It’s like super progressive people are trying to undermine me. It’s truly awful. It’s like I have to communicate like a Libra or a Pisces and that angers me a lot.
September 10, 2019 at 01:47
(Pisces) fishscales » IIyyaarr13
Best opening line to a post I´ve read all day :37:
September 10, 2019 at 01:44
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
I have Saturn tri-elftile Mercury and Neptune, so I read stories with Elves and Dwarves.
:157: in this life is 6th house :181:, in my past-life it was 11th house :176:, I resisted good advice at taking care of myself so I have to be less neurotic about good health than I was before this life.
There have been various suggested rulers of :176: and the 6th house more than any other sign; Regulus´ entry into :176: is going to make :176: a sign of many kings for 2,160 years.
Placidus gives me a tenth house interception of :173:; Equal-house puts the MC in :173: itself, either way :153: is my most elevated planet and applying to the Pleiades. The :173: energy would be purer at 15 degrees of :173:, but :153: is formally within :173: dispositing my :199: & :160:, Ceres, Juno, & Vesta.
September 9, 2019 at 12:16
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Mercury in the 6th in Aries

Some things I´ve noticed:

I do everything at a pretty fast pace: walking, talking, thinking etc.

I can do detail oriented stuff (Merc in 6th) but don´t have alot of patience for it at the same time (Aries)

I can be pretty critical. I try to keep this to situations rather than people, but sometimes it spills over

Alot of nervous tension

Mind races alot

Tendency to argue, debate, or play devil´s advocate (probably more of the Aries influence here.. Also opposition from Uranus with the devil´s advocate stuff)

Interest in health matters and healing (mostly advice I give, but rarely take)

Some hypochondriacal tendencies, though I´ve really tried to work on that

Changing jobs often

Mercury is trine Neptune, sextile moon, square Jupiter, opposite Ascendant, conjunct Chiron, and makes loose oppositions to Uranus and Pluto, so it´s pretty heavily aspected.

All those influences obviously color my Mercury as well, but for this thread, I tried to focus only on the stuff that was relevant to having Mercury in the 6th. (The Aries influence is kind of hard to separate out though.)

Mercury is also my third most dominant planet.
September 9, 2019 at 11:01
(Virgo) VampiricVirgo
Hello, I have Mercury in the 6th house as well as Mercury square Neptune. Mercury in 6th house is at home in Virgo, representing service & work. Mercury works really well here, even if there are poor aspects, those aspects would only challenge the mental health or nerves of the native. This person has a quick mind and is able to learn new things very quickly, especially in the work field. They are detail oriented perfectionists who tend to think and work a lot. Minds run a mile a minute here. Rapid actions, brainstorming, and restlessness are likely. Fast moving Mercury could mean the native might have many changes in occupation, and will not hesitate to quit in order to find something that works better. The huge amount of information constantly passing thru and being processed by the natives brain in the 6th house, can really place nervous disorders on the native. If not that, then frequent break downs from being overwhelmed. Especially with a lot of hard aspects. More specifically with any oppositions to the 12th house.

Keywords for Mercury In 6th House: Meticulous, Perfectionist, Active, Spontaneous
Shadow Keywords for Mercury In 6th House: Confused, Nervous, Critical

The best way to utilize this energy, I believe, is to allow your mind to be quick and sharp and yet also know when to take breaks and meditate. Processing too much information at once, analyzing, taking things in... it can get draining. But, when these skills can be learned to be used in moderation, it can create very, very efficient workers, with a wide range of careers the individual can excel in.

This placement is a blessing, and a curse! But hey, I´ll take it! :79:

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »