Tell me everything you know about Degrees

September 4, 2019 at 11:12 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
Tell me everything you know about Degrees
I thought I had already made a topic on this, but it seems I didn´t. Anyway- I would like information about degrees.. videos..links..etc.. or just you replying with text about them too.

I´ve found this link and would like someone more experienced to have a look over some of them to see if they seem fitting before I go any further looking into them. https://aquaorfire.net/astrology/…

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
September 8, 2019 at 10:40
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » ancient_astrology
Thanks AA, I will look into this further
September 8, 2019 at 05:17
(Scorpio) Sqwishie » fishscales
Would you agree with the author that anaretic degrees debilitate the planet?

I got two critical degrees in Sagittarius

Mercury at 0° and Neptune at 29°

This is one thing I haven´t figured out myself.
September 7, 2019 at 15:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
I won´t tell you everything I know about degrees, nor will I debate every ridiculous thing that modern astrology has to say on the matter. I will point you in the right direction though.

The Decans are a very old feature of astrology and even precede the house system. They appear to come from the Egyptian line of astrology as opposed to the Babylonian. It subdivides each sign into three 10-degree points.

The most widely used subdivision were the "Bounds". It subdivides up each sign and assigns them to various planets.

Lastly there is the δωδεκατημορια (dodekatemoria) which divides each sign up into twelfths.

If you investigate these, you should come up with some very helpful information for your chart delineations. Good luck!
September 7, 2019 at 10:37
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » fishscales
Lol that is a video I watched the other day when I made this thread actually. She was helpful though. Yeah I haven´t found any type of interpretations about it that day so I figured it was just meaning that if a planet is at a critical degree, it becomes more idk.. "involved" in that area. It kind of makes more of a statement of a chart I guess? Thanks fish
September 7, 2019 at 07:39
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » fishscales
It makes me wonder does Allessandra Ferri having Ascendant three degrees deeper into :176: actually give her more personality than I have? :25: :63: :43:
Nothing was said in this short video about the 56 degrees mentioned trining anything, trines help :44: :30: :32: :81:
September 4, 2019 at 13:02
(Pisces) fishscales » SpaceChild
This video seemed pretty good and straightforward regarding the general concept of critical degrees

Looks like she´s teaching astrology in a daycare though

As for specific understanding of certain planets on critical degrees, you may have to take what you learn about critical degrees and blend it with the meaning of the planet, it´s house position, etc, to come up with an interpretation.

Don´t know if you´re going to find alot of "cookbook" type of interpretations about this type of thing...I could be wrong though

https://youtu.be/7dl8gKSRdY8
YouTube
YouTube
September 4, 2019 at 12:39
Right I took it to mean that they would be more important on a personal sense as well.

Thank you for your information though.. that´s interesting your ASC is on a critical degree.. I also have my Chiron on one but I can´t find nothing about it. Going to try my luck with youtube videos for my Venus and Mercury, and the criticals in general.
September 4, 2019 at 12:34
"Should I pay more attention to my critical degrees in Sagittarius (Venus, Mercury) since those are the personal planets?"

I guess it depends on the astrologer.

I´d say that personal planets on critical degrees are more important than generational ones though, at least in a personal sense.

To be honest, I don´t pay that much attention to critical degrees since I´m not a professional, and basically study astrology for fun.

That´s not to say they don´t have value. I just haven´t studied them enough to have that strong of an opinion either way.

Maybe I should...my ascendant is on a critical degree.
September 4, 2019 at 12:27
That would be the range for any critical degree :1:
September 4, 2019 at 12:26
So outer planets ´staying´ in the same place quite a while as well right? Should I pay more attention to my critical degrees in Sagittarius (Venus, Mercury) since those are the personal planets?
September 4, 2019 at 12:22
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
There are also fixed stars.

They "stay" in the same degree of the zodiac for a very long time, is an easy way to put it.

Certain fixed stars conjunct a planet or point will color the interpretation of that planet or point.

This isn´t really a matter of degree interpretation itself, but if you memorize the degree positions of a few fixed stars, you´ll know, when reading a chart, that someone has a planet or point aspecting a particular fixed star, and you can add the info into your interpretation.

I only pay attention to conjunctions. Tight orbs, 2-3 degrees tops, depending on the magnitude (apparent brightness) of the star.

Here´s a list of fixed stars and their degree positions:

https://astrologyking.com/fixed-sta…
September 4, 2019 at 12:14
I see for the 29th degree it states anywhere from 29 00 00 to 29 59 59
Is this range true of each critical degree, or does it explicitly need to be at say.. 22 00 00?
September 4, 2019 at 12:07
LOL I have to admit I did not read the introduction and special note thing. I was captivated by the comprehensive contents lol. Thank you!
September 4, 2019 at 12:04
(Pisces) fishscales
From the article:

"We are using a sequence of signs discovered as the Atlantean Life Streams, the Star Genesis pattern."

**New age nonsense alert**

I would stick to studying the established astrological critical degrees:

https://cafeastrology.com/criticald…

As for individual degree interpretations, the Sabian Symbols are interesting, but I don´t know if I´d put much stock in them.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »