My Excellent Adventure to Bodø (and Svolvaer)

September 3, 2019 at 14:05 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
My Excellent Adventure to Bodø (and Svolvaer)
"Would you please turn that fucking shit off?", I thought to myself. It was the 12th time I´d heard Abba´s, "Dancing Queen" that day (I was keeping count) and it wasn´t even noon yet. I had a hangover and gazed mindlessly at the SAS building. The guy with whom I had struck up a conversation leaned in to inform me that it was the tallest structure in Scandinavia. "Wow", I responded, "you´re the first person to tell me that." Actually he wasn´t. Actually everybody in Oslo had told me that. Just like everybody in Oslo had reminded me that Frida, one of the members of Abba-which, by the way, I fucking hate-was Norwegian. I started to tell him that I had recently been in New York City and that the SAS building looked like a doll house in comparison to the Manhattan skyline. I stopped myself realizing that his response would be that Ibsen had been a Norwegian. I didn´t want to be the "Ugly American" but neither was I in the mood to put up with other people´s quaint nationalism. I had a guele-de-bois to remedy, so ordered a beer. It was the Summer of 1976; I was 16 years old.

I had been working as a delivery boy for the Welch Daily News since I was 12 and was blowing my savings on this trip to Europe. It had started as a linguistic sojourn in Germany but had morphed into a wild romp around the continent. Oslo disappointed. I had come here on the rumor that the women were loose. I wasn´t getting laid, and there was no dope to smoke.

Just then the Greek guy I had been traveling with rushed in. "I have an idea", he said, "We´re bored of Oslo and we´re not meeting any women here. Let´s go above the arctic circle!" It sounded exotic. We would travel to a place where it was daylight 24 hours and where you could freeze your ass off in the middle of July." The idea of cuddling up with a Viking chick named Freja who had never heard of Abba appealed to me. "When do we leave?", I asked. "Tomorrow morning."

[To Be Continued]

Posts in topic

Page: 4 3 2 1
Sort posts:
August 26, 2021 at 20:44
Coming soon. The final episode.
September 4, 2020 at 13:01
(Capricorn) Luna Alba
Didn´t made it to Oslo yet, but I thought Danish guys look pretty promising :4:.

Kovenhavn is the Northest I´ve been :)
September 4, 2020 at 04:32
(Cancer) Merp
:24: I had excellent adventures in merplvania but you don´t see me merpin and derpin getting everyone interested in my Merpcapades and leaving them hanging for 5 years, ancient :24:
September 3, 2020 at 22:32
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
When I think about trains, aeroplanes, mobile homes I think wouldn´t it be easier to design a toilet that sucks excrement out without a storage compartment? :63:
About Abba I tried to watch as much Swedish programming as possible before white polyester cliche ABBA was a source of attention! :46::36: :117: :36: :37: :46:
September 3, 2020 at 21:16
On the One Year Anniversary of this story, I realize that I never finished it. I think I did finish it but didn´t get round to posting the final episode.
October 25, 2019 at 01:53
(Aries) ram_goat » ancient_astrology
But can I get beej in bodo?
October 24, 2019 at 15:14
(Aquarius) nikkia » ancient_astrology
:75:
October 24, 2019 at 15:07
Conclusion. Coming soon.
September 24, 2019 at 01:06
(Pisces) fishscales » ram_goat
Yeah I can hear the prototypical movie commercial guy´s voice now.. :75:
September 24, 2019 at 00:46
(Aries) ram_goat » fishscales
once upon a time, around a camp fire, in Bodo.. when the world was younger, and a different spirit filled the air.. a different breath animated the lungs of that time.. in a forest, in Bodo..
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 13:32
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
Cool. Always good to end a tale with a triumphant return

Your own personal Odyssey...

Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
September 21, 2019 at 13:27
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
<<Maybe they´re just frigid.>>

LOL. Indeed. However when I get round to writing the last episode of this, it will be shown that the women of Svolvaer ( a place even colder than Bodo) were not frigid and even liked me.
September 21, 2019 at 08:59
(Aries) nutelina » jerrynna
I alway loved such questions :4: :42:
September 21, 2019 at 08:45
(Aries) nutelina » Petr9
The video shows why I went to the Czech Republic :42:

Life can be strange, strange but beautiful.

PS: And now that I think of it, you made software which brought us all together. :3:
September 21, 2019 at 05:17
Maybe they´re just frigid.
September 21, 2019 at 04:46
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
I´ve resigned myself to the fact that Bodo women just don´t like me.
September 21, 2019 at 04:09
If you went back to Bodo now, you´d be able to listen to a alot of unrequited love songs and 80s fetish music...

Please don´t write a story about it though...
September 21, 2019 at 04:04
(Aquarius) nikkia » Petr9
What a cool story... I enjoyed that... Thanks.
September 20, 2019 at 00:03
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » jerrynna
The horse ate it.
September 19, 2019 at 22:33
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yay!

Where did all your hair go?
September 7, 2019 at 01:16
System message: Post has been written by user jerrynna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
haha don´t worry, just litting some fire under your ass ;)
it´s anyway entertaining and interesting, I wasn´t around that time so it can only widen my horizon. thanks for sharing by the way!
September 7, 2019 at 01:06
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » jerrynna
The next episode jerrynna. Now I´m afraid of disappointing you my dear!

I´ve got nothing against broke people. Been there myself. It´s euphemisms that drive me crazy.
September 7, 2019 at 00:45
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » ancient_astrology
It was coal there as well. My Grandad and his brothers Bruce and Boyd both worked in the mines.

They raised crops and chickens as well as hunting whatever they could. Squirrel, opossum, raccoon, pheasant, pigeon.

It was a hard scrabble existence.
Those are some tough people.
September 7, 2019 at 00:38
=====
cute episode. I have to say, I´m still a "student" to this day. tough shit. but when is the crazy stuff coming? don´t make me all hot here and then leave me hanging...
September 7, 2019 at 00:37
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Leo Moon
It´s a bit different up in that part of the state. That´s much more agricultural. In the southern part of West Virginia, where I grew up, the whole economy revolved around the coal industry. It was a special place to grow up, and I don´t regret my childhood there at all.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »