Guess Sun zodiac sign by the photo - I would appreciate an approval help

August 22, 2019 at 21:36 (UT/GMT)
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9
Guess Sun zodiac sign by the photo - I would appreciate an approval help
Hi, is there anyone who likes this "Guess Sun zodiac sign" feature(?):
https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/g…

I would really appreciate a help in approving the photos.
I´m working pretty often on something else here .... and there is about cca 30-50 daily photos waiting to approve/decline for this guess feature ... and I´m not able to do it every day.

I´m trying to keep these simple rules:
- Your face should be the dominant feature of the photo
- Your face should not be covered or blurred
- You should be the only person in the photo
- Photo should not be rotated 90°/180°

Please let me know, if there is anyone willing to help and who would "enjoy" such approving photos. :16:

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 25, 2019 at 16:01
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ram_goat
Omg. I agree...I hate typing from a mobile phone. :1:
August 25, 2019 at 15:31
(Scorpio) SpaceChild » Petr9
:15: :15: :1:
August 24, 2019 at 22:35
(Cancer) detectahead » fishscales
Lol! That´s why I quit,never got one right! I can see the Asc :117:
August 24, 2019 at 20:45
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » fishscales
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I meant rather some aggregate result of Moon, Ascendant and Sun, when I would score 90%+ rate if partial true was combined into final result.
August 24, 2019 at 17:10
(Pisces) fishscales » detectahead
"I agree with the Asc"

I agree with changing the parameters to the ascendant as well.

Maybe with a short explanation for astrological newbies about why the ASC was chosen instead of the sun sign

I´m also sick of answering wrong :61:
August 24, 2019 at 17:05
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » SpaceChild
Thank you!

I will send you PM with a simple tutorial and instructions :)
August 24, 2019 at 12:18
(Scorpio) SpaceChild
The rules are concise and simple, and I´m kind of surprised no one has replied with volunteering.

I have to say I´m not particularly every-day active but I at least get on once a week here. I have plenty free time to do this, and I think I would enjoy it. If I had something to do like this it would make me more inclined to log on every day as well.

So yeah I volunteer since no one else has.
August 24, 2019 at 04:01
(Cancer) detectahead
I agree with the Asc
August 23, 2019 at 17:50
(Aquarius) Leo Moon » MarvinReal
Facebook is selling people’s information to literally anyone with money.
I have BIG problems with Zuckerberg ( usually spelled with an F).

Google is no better. Nor are many others.

Information is power. Otis the dream of dictators and authoritarian governments everywhere that people will roll over and pay to give away their power.

I am quite pleased with Astroseek’s current policy.

Be as anonymous or recognized as one chooses.
August 23, 2019 at 17:36
(Aries) ram_goat » Petr9
God typing on phones is pure masochism.
August 23, 2019 at 12:04
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » HeavenSent
:66:! :61:
August 23, 2019 at 12:04
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » ram_goat
website stats are merciless:

smartphone users: 66.6%
desktop users: 26.5%

hard times for all non-app desktop old-schoolers :32:
August 23, 2019 at 10:38
(Leo) HeavenSent » Petr9
>>>I will most probably change the settings to: Ascendant is a correct guess. :15:

Yay!
:30:
August 23, 2019 at 10:34
(Leo) HeavenSent » Petr9
>>>and they looked pretty well :15: ... so I was hesitating many times if I should allow them ... and that hesitation took me more time than anything else :39: :61: ... so I finally decided to keep it strictly.

Ha ha! So perfectly Taurus. :2:
August 23, 2019 at 08:43
(Aries) ram_goat » Petr9
The site has a very nice set of sane, reasonable defaults..

No need to make it more like facebook or force ID verification for what this is- an astrology website. Needless overkill. A lot of people are clearly posting selfies from some stupid iphone app, but trends come & go. I think the policies you have in place now will stand the test of time, long after the dumb iphone apps that put cutesy animal ears & noses on girl´s faces are forgotten..

Although hidden in there somewhere is commentary on what phones have become.. the new desktop pc. For so many people it *is* their only computer. How times have changed.

Funny too how many people post their chart as a jpeg they downloaded from astrodienst.. when this site´s tools are already excellent.
August 23, 2019 at 08:30
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Petr9
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I am very sure that there are many registered users who have time and will to do that fun regularly and learn something in the process. Just need to get them involved. 300 pictures is just 5 minutes. :1: I could maybe do that, few times a month, if I could see large bulk of them at once.

Generally, I think that this situation comes as a natural results of very relaxed "registration" process with 0 (zero) identity verification whatsoever, because during registrations, photo upload is optional, not mandatory, and what is inside photo is also optional. Users don´t have a duty to reveal true identity and true photos. Even Facebook now adopted strict standards as selfie must be made by online camera and real photo plus optional ID document upload for verified users.

Thanks for export of database. Import is missing to make it valuable.
August 23, 2019 at 07:39
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » HeavenSent
By the way, may I put in a request that you consider relaxing the full face rule? I´m not comfortable with a full face public photo, and actually, I feel that my profile pic happens to perfectly capture what a Leo-Pisces combo can look like
===
I really would like to comply :16: :108:... but I finally decided to keep the rule pretty simply and strictly.

there have been lots of photos with:
half/face;
black sunglasses;
eyes covered;
photoshop adjusted;

and they looked pretty well :15: ... so I was hesitating many times if I should allow them ... and that hesitation took me more time than anything else :39: :61: ... so I finally decided to keep it strictly.
August 23, 2019 at 07:32
ASTRASTRO-SEEK ADMINSEEK Admin, (Taurus) Petr9 » MarvinReal
Leave sorting on users. If photo is unsuitable, then they can already click on "try other photo" or "report bad quality photo".
===
it´s a bad idea.
there are about 300 photos from past days waiting for approval and the HALF of them are various screenshots/animal pictures/desktop background/etc instead of face photos...
if I would allow all photos into this guess sign feature, it would be a nonsense mess.
this needs moderation.

I can´t see any list of unchecked photos there.
===
they are in the admin area and I will give access only to someone who would like to participate.

there were repeated discussions and/or complaints about it, because most people resemble their Ascendant sign, and Moon sign.
===
yes I know and I will most probably change the settings to: Ascendant is a correct guess. :15:

btw check the email. "Private astrodabase backup/export" already works:
https://www.astro-seek.com/my-profi…
August 23, 2019 at 01:42
(Leo) HeavenSent
That´s a fun feature on this website, and a fun opportunity!

I can´t volunteer, unfortunately, because I already have more on my plate than I can handle... (Full disclosure: yes, I sometimes come here to procrastinate and get away from the pressure).

By the way, may I put in a request that you consider relaxing the full face rule? I´m not comfortable with a full face public photo, and actually, I feel that my profile pic happens to perfectly capture what a Leo-Pisces combo can look like, so it would be fun to see if people guess it right, but it is not approved. Of course, I understand the need for the rule, generally, though.

:27:

:108: :108: :108: :108: :108:
August 22, 2019 at 23:58
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
I can´t see any list of unchecked photos there. Just one photo to quess sign.

If you can´t moderate photos quality to meet basic criteria then it´s probably best to don´t even try that at all. Leave sorting on users. If photo is unsuitable, then they can already click on "try other photo" or "report bad quality photo".

The same already is going with posts and topics, which are unmoderated and only in cases of breaching "terms and conditions", links at the bottom of this page, users can "report abuse".

Regarding the feature "quess sign" itself, there were repeated discussions and/or complaints about it, because most people resemble their Ascendant sign, and Moon sign. If you could do something about this in that guessing game, then it would be more fair play, because people can feel different energies from images, rarely Solar one.

Also, I hope that only "main profile photo" is taken into consideration for quessing contest, and not all photos in profile gallery, unless someone agreed to include other photos.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Gemini Gemini
Show calendar »