Why am I mean?

July 31, 2019 at 13:57 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Szakal
Why am I mean?
Hello everyone. I have a problem. I am a taurus sun, leo moon and libra rising, which suggests a nice, friendly and open person, especially the libra rising. My question is - what makes me so rude and closed towards strangers? Anytime someone approaches me i get all defensive and i lack trust. Are the rest of my signs an answer?
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
July 31, 2019 at 20:42
(Scorpio) Sqwishie » Szakal
I can´t tell by the picture for certain. Is the ascendant 29° Libra? If your birth time is off by ten minutes it could have crossed into Scorpio.

Take note your natal placements takes place at your first breath, not when you exit the womb. If you had not been breathing for a few minutes it could have effect as well.

My husband didn´t breath for several minutes, they thought he was still born. A thought.
July 31, 2019 at 18:15
(Taurus) Szakal » Sqwishie
yes, my rising is very close to scorpio and im not sure why is it that way, im way more of a scorpio rising than libra
July 31, 2019 at 17:28
(Scorpio) Sqwishie
Funny because I´M this way. But not because I want to be rude and I´m trying very hard not to seem rude, it´s just that I heavily mistrust people at introduction and often feel uncomfortable in those situations.

Once I sniff them out I´m 110% friendly and I take all sorts of them under my wing.

Are you sure you´re not a Scorpio rising?

Anyhow, perhaps your third house rulers opposition to Pluto is bringing out that negativity in communication. That´s a tough aspect.
July 31, 2019 at 14:49
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Well it can’t be the Leo moon and Libra rising.
People with those are amazing in every way!
:3: :4:

Seriously though what Fish said I noticed.
8th house stuff.

Also my brother is a Taurus and he likes very few people and comes off as very abrupt.

I think it’s good You have a sense of self awareness.

Astrology shows the energies available but how You use that is up to You.
Nothing is written in stone!
July 31, 2019 at 14:40
(Pisces) fishscales
I have Mars and Saturn in the 8th house like you, and while I don´t want to say it makes me "suspicious" of people´s motives, I am automatically drawn to analyzing them. Kind of just happens. If I see something that sends up a red flag, I may have trouble trusting them.

Saturn in the 8th house can also make one generally suspicious or fearful of the unknown.

Saturn in Gemini can bring a fear of communication. It can give a certain fear of communicating with the "unknown" --strangers in your case.

Saturn opposite Pluto may put a damper on your more extroverted qualities due to its sheer heaviness and seriousness.

You also have the sun conjunct your descendant, which is usually considered a pretty positive influence in regards to relating to others.

Still, I wonder if having the sun in a position that is so geared towards pleasing others could cause resentment in a person.

A person with sun conjunct the descendant may start to feel resentful because so many of their decisions and actions are based on pleasing and accommodating other people, yet they don´t see this behavior reciprocated by others.

It´s the same kind of resentment experienced by a Libra influenced person.

In the end, some people with strong 7th house/Libran influences may shun relating to others altogether, because they get tired of being disappointed.

Of course, the real reason they feel this way is not because of what others are doing to them, but because they haven´t mastered the Aries/Libra polarity: the balance between the self and the other.

The sun conjunct descendant influence will probably play itself out more strongly in close relationships than with people you just meet though.

Still, it may color the way you relate to others in general, regardless of the depth of the relationship.

In your case though, with the problem you presented, I´m mainly looking at the Mars and Saturn in the 8th, exacerbated by the Saturn/Pluto opposition.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Scorpio Scorpio
Show calendar »