Saturn in 12th house

July 25, 2019 at 01:44 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Saturn in 12th house
Sounds like this placement kinda sucks ass

https://theastrocodex.com/natal-sat…

Maybe another reason for my escapism fantasies. Supposedly (another) one of the most difficult placements to experience. My lifes not THAT bad really, might even look good from the outside looking in. It even looks good to me occasionally, but I think this puts me in some kind of way. I seem to overcome this placement and its fears and restrictions by riding motorcycles or other high risk activities where there´s no time to think, only act. May sound corny but I think that´s what helps me with this. I used to actually race dirtbikes (motocross) maybe it helped me overcome fears. it quieted my mind and forced me to focus on the moment other than 1,000 bad possibilities.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
August 12, 2019 at 19:36
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
Good article, and very accurate in my experience. It sounds pretty heavy, and it is. Guess it builds character 😂
August 12, 2019 at 19:29
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Sqwishie
I agree, it´s like a vague feeling of guilt and responsibility for things that you have no control over or even any relation to. For me the feeling comes and goes. Sometimes it´s not bad at all, and other times it´s almost overwhelming. It never really goes away though
August 12, 2019 at 18:37
(Scorpio) Sqwishie » fishscales
"People with this position of Saturn often are plagued with guilt and it is difficult for them to know where the guilt is coming from, or even to define their anxieties."

Insanely accurate. The entire thing. Gut punched right now.

It´s a karmic house and I fantasize it requires repayment.
August 12, 2019 at 16:34
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
Couple of interpretations of Saturn in the 12th that may contain some helpful info...

http://astrologyk.com/zodiac/…
August 12, 2019 at 15:24
I like that song. Good analogy. It does feel like somethings in the way. Trying to talk to (some) people about it seems fruitless. Mainly because, like you said, you cant really pinpoint what´s wrong. It wasnt always like this though. I remember being happy and carefree, maybe not 100%, but there were better times. It´s been years ago though. I read something about having fears about losing what I´ve worked for (I think associated with Sat in 12th), which may be true. Maybe if I lost it all it would be a relief, like a chance to start over. I think pluto in 1st house people supposedly go through alot of crisis/transformations also. Thanks for trying to help, you always have some good advice
August 12, 2019 at 13:00
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
Sucks man.

It seems like we have very little control over what´s going on in our 12th house... And it can be especially difficult with heavyweight planets like Saturn and Pluto there.

They seem to exist as an undercurrent in life than can´t quite be pinpointed or overcome in a rational way.

Think that Nirvana song "Something In The Way". Not the verses, since they´re pretty nutty, but the overall feeling the song is trying to communicate... That´s what a heavyweight 12th house placement feels like. Like something´s in the way.

Nevertheless, we´ve got to carry on. Try to figure out a way to use what seems to be holding us back to help us break some barriers.

Hope it all works out.
August 12, 2019 at 03:40
Maybe I would say" general foreboding" rather than fear though, in terms of how I understand the placement"

That´s more accurate. It´s like waiting for something to go wrong. It´s a pretty depressing feeling. The only way to escape it for me is to do something "crazy" to prove to myself that life isnt that bad. It also gets me out of my head. Something I read that I really liked was, "dont take life so seriously, we aren´t getting out alive anyway" or something like that. I think I´ve become stuck in a rut. The more I get tied down to this situation, the worse I feel. It goes against social norms, and everybody elses logic. Job, house, family, etc. I guess that stuff just isnt for me. At least not here and now. The "better" I do at my job, the worse I feel. The more isolated I become. Its f´n crazy, but that´s how it is for me.
August 12, 2019 at 03:05
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Thanks everybody for the replies. I just came back to read them. Was feeling a little overwhelmed when I posted. Feeling a little better now. I read all the replies and appreciate all of you. I just attempted a long distance ride on my street bike, but turned back after a day of riding. Just wasnt right this time. I didnt come straight back home though, and felt good getting out for awhile. This house and general situation has come to feel like a tomb and think I need some major change. 12th house Saturn says I enjoy solitude, living far from cities, etc. which I do. Problem is I have a job in the city dealing with the public and managing employees. It´s really driving me crazy. I so want to be just left alone. Wish I could reconcile the contradictions in my chart. I actually felt great getting out traveling alone, hundreds of miles away. It actually opens me up to people, whereas being home kinda closes me off. Still trying to figure it out
July 27, 2019 at 00:45
(Pisces) fishscales » Sqwishie
:15:
July 27, 2019 at 00:00
Oh sheesh dude. No-no no offense at all. That´s not my thing.
July 26, 2019 at 22:14
"Those times at work I´m referring were crisis too. Life or death for pets."

Yeah you´re totally right.

I was thinking of "work" in terms of my own work, where no one´s life or health is at stake.

Was definitely not trying to belittle what you did, or animal welfare in general. Sorry if it came across that way... Not my intention at all. Just looking at "work" in too subjective a way.

Having animals lives at risk definitely snaps me out of my nonsense and gets me into that "mode" I was talking about before...as has happened many times as pretty much a lifelong pet owner :92:
July 26, 2019 at 21:49
Those times at work I´m referring were crisis too. Life or death for pets. I didn´t just mean regular mundane days. I like to jump into a crisis too.
July 26, 2019 at 20:22
See, I wish I could be like that at work, but I´m not. Not all the time anyway.

The kind of stressful situations I was talking about were more situations where there´s a real possibility of physical harm to either myself or others... crisis situations, I guess you could call them.

I used to sail with my dad and we used to get into these crazy situations... Bad weather, injuries on the boat, etc. I always felt like I could function at a higher level in those situations, free from doubt and second guessing myself.

I´ve practiced a few different martial arts through the years, and had the same feeling while sparring... especially if things were going badly for me. If they were, I´d kind of switch into this automatic, instinctual mode, free from thought, and often manage to turn the tide in my favor.

In both situations, it´s like a relaxed, stress-free feeling comes over me, and I just do what needs to be done.

It sounds like we are having a similar experience in regards to stressful situations, it just takes alot more extreme circumstances in order for my "stress-immunity" to kick in. :2:

Always wanted to try volunteer firefighting since I noticed these qualities in myself. Sadly, never did. Probably too old for it now.
July 26, 2019 at 15:49
"I can relate to enjoying situations where you don´t really have time to think, just react. I find that I function at a higher level in those situations, where I can be unencumbered by mental bullshit. I´m actually kind of relaxed by stress."

Dude, that´s a pretty cool observation and I would have to agree. I loved working in a fast pace environment. When it got very busy with emergencies at my Veterinary hospital everyone was sick with anxiety and stress and I loved every moment of it. I once had a receptionist walk up to me and say, "The way you handle stress is truly amazing".

It made me feel good.
July 26, 2019 at 02:04
(Pisces) fishscales
"I used to actually race dirtbikes (motocross) maybe it helped me overcome fears. it quieted my mind and forced me to focus on the moment other than 1,000 bad possibilities."

That actually sounds like a great way to deal with the fears that I hear are generated by that placement. Maybe I would say" general foreboding" rather than fear though, in terms of how I understand the placement.

I can relate to enjoying situations where you don´t really have time to think, just react. I find that I function at a higher level in those situations, where I can be unencumbered by mental bullshit. I´m actually kind of relaxed by stress. Not the gnawing, worry-oriented kind of stress, more like the adrenaline driven, in-the-moment kind.

Unfortunately, we can´t live life at 100 mph!

I´m reminded of this saying when I think of ways to get past the "block" of a 12th house Saturn:

Live every moment like your hair is on fire!
July 25, 2019 at 03:43
(Scorpio) Sqwishie
I have this too, conjunct my sun and ascendant (but not together). I have always been drawn to the dark and mysterious. Very comfortable with death. I would not consider myself "alone" though.
July 25, 2019 at 03:22
(Cancer) detectahead
And it also could be that you have no fear at all and laugh in the face of death. Going beyond to the edge of your own capabilities which brings the thrill of going to the limits. Exhilarating, a high. With mars directly on the MC squaring Asc natally
July 25, 2019 at 02:03
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
A pretty good article on it for any other Saturn 12th Housers out there

http://astroarena12.blogspot.com/20…

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2019
Moon calendar
Moon in Taurus Taurus
Show calendar »