What´s your dominant planet?

July 19, 2019 at 20:28 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
What´s your dominant planet?
Just something I´ve been curious about. I guess some people have a clearly dominant planet and others may have several planets that would be close in prominence. I think my chart falls into the second category. So, I´d like to hear it, what´s your dominant planet and how do you think it affects you?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
July 23, 2019 at 03:17
(Taurus) Sarah_Lee » goldenlion32
Damn same , I got 6 planets in Taurus
July 23, 2019 at 03:15
(Taurus) Sarah_Lee
Venus
July 22, 2019 at 21:14
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Rosa‏‏‎ ‎, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Neptune is my most dominant followed up by Uranus, and it shows, LOL. Neptune definitely keeps my head in the clouds, and I’d rather just daydream my life away instead of jumping into action. As for Uranus, I can’t seem to get my ish together, therefore I keep jumping from idea to idea, rarely finishing what I started the night before, and almost never coming to a conclusion with anything. :39:
July 22, 2019 at 11:21
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
That´s what I´m hoping.

I´m not that strong in the rules and regs of astrology... It´s more of an intuitive/feel thing for me.
July 22, 2019 at 04:29
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
Maybe some of the resident gurus can enlighten us
July 22, 2019 at 03:21
Yes, this is the weirdest thing I´ve seen/learned in awhile. I´ve always thought Aquarians were cool and interesting people, but always considered myself quite the opposite (primarily because Leo is the opposite) This is definitely an interesting twist. I would really like to know how they came up with that!
July 22, 2019 at 03:15
Again, *as far as I know*, dominant signs are only assessed according to how many planets occupy a particular sign in the chart.

Like in my chart, my two most dominant signs are Taurus and Libra. I have two planets in each of those signs--more than I have in any other sign--so that makes sense. I also have two planets in my 8th house, but that doesn´t increase the dominance of the sign Scorpio in my chart according to these calculators. It probably makes my 8th house a dominant house, but that´s not the same as having a dominant Scorpio.

Given your results though, I could very well be wrong...I can´t imagine all those calculators made that blatant of an error... :63: :63:

Sorry, I´m not thinning the plot any here...
July 22, 2019 at 02:56
It was a personal theory. I thought for sure that was the reason. I also have Uranus making many aspects, so that may have something to do with it?? But both of those sites had Aquarius up near the top. One had it second to Leo and the other had it 3rd right behind Leo and Libra. I have never thought I was strong at all in Aquarius. In fact, since its opposite Leo, i though i would be the exact opposite.

But, since i saw that, I read up on Aquarius personality, and it kinda fits. I dont know. It still doesnt really make sense to me to have that sign so high on my list.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
July 22, 2019 at 02:39
"Wait, I figured it out. It´s because of my 11th house stellum"

The way I understand it, the more planets we have in a certain sign, the more dominant that sign is in our chart.

There´s dominant houses too: the more planets occupying a house, the more dominant it is.

So I can see you having a dominant 11th house, but (according to my understanding) that wouldn´t translate to increasing the dominance of the sign of Aquarius in your chart.

When you say you figured it out, do you mean you read it somewhere or it´s a personal theory?
July 21, 2019 at 04:42
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
Venus , then Jupiter.

I can see it.

Romance, friends , Music and the beauty of nature resonate most highly with me.

Keeps my Aquarius from being too detached.

Uranus is third. That I am an Aquarius was something I could relate to the first time I read a description as a kid.
July 21, 2019 at 02:43
That one switched it to Leo, Libra, Aquarius. It´s still in the top 3. I guess I´m a damn weird Aquarian. :61: (no offense weird aquarians)

Wait, I figured it out. It´s because of my 11th house stellum

That site did a little shuffle on my dominant planets too. This is exhausting :25:
July 21, 2019 at 02:24
I reckon that don´t make no goddamn sense. (The Aquarius thing)

Try this one:

http://laratesting.us/
July 21, 2019 at 02:13
I double checked, its showing Aquarius as 2nd strongest sign. I have no idea why. Funny though, I got my planets a little mixed up. Its Sun and Venus close for 1st. And Jupiter and Uranus close for 3rd. Moon 5th. To answer the question I started this thread with, I guess it would have to be Sun. I´m just a big ball of fire. I burn shit and people try to seek shelter. :5: :61:
July 21, 2019 at 00:06
Yeah don´t get the Aquarius.

If I remember right, the way that report displays the dominants results, everything is all out of order. You really have to pay attention to the ranks/percentages.

Maybe you didn´t see something right?

If not... Can´t explain it.
July 20, 2019 at 17:40
Under the planet chart, theres another one for signs. I had Leo in first which was no surprise, but had Aquarius in second, which I have no idea how they came up with that!? I have no planets in Aquarius or angles. It´s my 5th house. Seems like it would be near the bottom of the list. Anyway, just thought that was weird.
July 20, 2019 at 12:23
Yeah I noticed when I looked at your dominants thing on this site that you had alot of planets really close in percentage points.

Mine aren´t like that, there´s pretty sizeable gaps in "power" between alot of them.
July 20, 2019 at 10:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Jupiter of course, i would not like it any other way :16: In the first part of my life i was more Saturnian, now i`m more Jupiterian. It was an interesting flip.
July 20, 2019 at 10:09
Ok, thanks. I found it. It says Sun 1st, Venus close 2nd, and Jupiter and Moon tied for 3rd. Only 0.1 points difference between them. Actually 3rd-7th only have like 7 points difference, so they are all pretty close after Sun and Venus. There are definitely some differences from what this site calculator says. Maybe I´m more Venusian than I thought :4:
July 20, 2019 at 02:01
On astro.com:

Go to Extended Chart Selection>>click Pullen/Astrolog tab>>under "chart type", choose the last option on the drop down list: Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen.

It´s a long report. Pretty much the standard stuff, but there´s a dominant planet/signs section in it. I believe it´s located a little bit closer to the end of the report.
July 20, 2019 at 01:33
I agree, I think any planet in the 1st house must be pretty important. Being in the house of self and all. In my case its opposite moon and sextile 4 planets with pretty tight orbs, semi sextile uranus. And 105° from mars. That´s some kind of aspect, cant remember what it´s called. So that´s 7 aspects. Plus the apex of a kite. So I think I feel pluto pretty strongly. Although my sun is pretty strong too. And Jupiter I think. And Mars.. :43:

I took a look at astro.com. theres stuff on there I´ve never heard of before. Didnt find the Dominants section. I´ll have to look around some more in there. The rabbit hole gets deeper :61:
July 20, 2019 at 01:06
Maybe your Pluto seems dominant to you because it´s in your first house, so you relate to it strongly as an integral part of your self-expression.

I feel the same way about my first house Uranus in regards to my supposed planetary dominants.

I had a look at your dominants chart on this site, and your Pluto isn´t really what I´d call weak though.

Have you tried the dominant planets "calculator" at astro.com? It´s not really a "calculator" like the one on this site, it´s part of a generated chart delineation. That one seems to be most accurate for my chart.

It´s in the "Walter Pullen" section.
July 20, 2019 at 00:43
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » Zephyrin
I have a grand trine with sun, moon and neptune. With Neptune heavily aspected. The calculator on this site doesnt seem real accurate for me. It doesnt give my pluto much weight, but I think it´s very prominent. It´s the apex of my kite formation, it´s in the 1st house. And aspects like 6 planets. Another site lists Uranus as the most aspected planet in my chart. I think I have about 4 or 5 planets that are all very prominent. Maybe someone could tell me what they think.
July 20, 2019 at 00:03
(Leo) Zephyrin
Sun, Moon and Neptune respectively.

According to Astro-seek, it is Uranus instead of Neptune but in the all other sites, it is Neptune.

Well, I feel Moon and Neptune are more dominant than my Sun. In a bad way.

I can say emotions control me most of the time. It is frustrating.

Art is my passion (the only positive effect of Neptune in my life actually) I´m good at making up stories and writing them. If I have to lie, I do it perfectly. I try to hide my over-emotional side as soon as possible, wishing that Sun balance it.
July 19, 2019 at 23:49
(Pisces) fishscales
Venus

I´m a lovah

:46: :61:
July 19, 2019 at 23:12
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Someone here has a more powerful Taurus signature than I have. :66:
The lull in my Astrological interest I had some years ago had me playing down my Plutonian trends. The Mercury I have on the Mid-heaven is at the same ´speed´ as Edgar Allan Poe´s :164: & Salman Rushdie´s :156:, it is a case of a personal planet transcending towards the impersonal! :81:
:155: & :157: are menaces in my chart no matter what I say about :153: & :199:! :11: :10:
The three most famous people near me in time of birth all have the :151: important! It was an Akhenatonish time to be born! :27:
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »