Quote Of The Day Thread

July 3, 2019 at 14:55 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Quote Of The Day Thread
Post your favorite quotes: anything you find insightful, meaningful, funny, etc.

One of my favorites:

"These are the days that must happen to you" - Walt Whitman, from "Song of the Open Road"

Posts in topic

Page: / 11 

Sort posts:
April 18, 2021 at 10:58
(Sagittarius) RA_
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 17, 2021 at 13:27
(Pisces) fishscales
"It is painful to comprehend how the mind becomes fixed little by little as time goes by. The mind is the executioner of reality, the slayer of the true; the mind is the destroyer of love."

Samael Aun Weor
April 17, 2021 at 12:05
(Pisces) fishscales
"In life, the only thing of importance is a radical, total, and definitive change. The rest, frankly, is of no importance at all."

Samael Aun Weor
April 17, 2021 at 11:48
(Pisces) fishscales
..<
Login
(Log in)
April 16, 2021 at 13:09
(Sagittarius) RA_
“If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” — Peace Pilgrim
April 15, 2021 at 02:33
(Pisces) fishscales » RohiniMoon
Maybe he´s trying to escape from the vaccine clinic
April 15, 2021 at 02:29
(Virgo) RohiniMoon » fishscales
limber as a mofo....

So effortlessly graceful about it. Strong mofo
April 15, 2021 at 01:45
Healthy motherfucker
vvv

https://youtu.be/QARuWJjZkmw
YouTube
YouTube
April 14, 2021 at 23:51
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
"When I reflect on the pathological immunities of hard-working people, I cannot help thinking that most of our fashionable diseases might be cured mechanically, instead of chemically, by climbing a bitterwood tree or chopping it down, if you like, rather than swallowing a decoction of its leaves" - Herman Boerhaave
April 9, 2021 at 16:47
(Aquarius) Leo Moon
“Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking.

There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.”

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

Martin Luther King Jr.
April 8, 2021 at 07:12
(Sagittarius) RA_
“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” — Charles Dickens.

This is very true, and this also has been a coping mechanism of mine. It´s been awhile to come across with this quote again. If you find your life in a mess, translate that into the most beautiful thing and share it. When we are in pain we hide it with a smile, coz it is much more painful to see a reflection of our pain on our loved ones that we care the most. I learned this from my mother, life is a battlefield and our weapon is our heart and our defense is our rational thinking. And it goes on, never lose to yourself.
April 1, 2021 at 10:03
(Capricorn) yosraroman
“The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.”

By Malcolm Forbes
April 1, 2021 at 05:22
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
“If you really want to do something, you´ll find a way. If you don´t, you´ll find an excuse.”

Simple as that.
April 1, 2021 at 04:06
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal."
Aristotle
April 1, 2021 at 03:57
(Sagittarius) RA_
"Be the reason for someone´s smile.

Even the world crumbles or at its ending,

It is still a beautiful feeling to be the cause of someone´s happiness

Even it won´t last long, that´s how short our life is.

We can choose what we become."

Have an awesome month of April. :179::181::182:
March 31, 2021 at 11:49
(Pisces) fishscales
“A sad soul can kill you quicker, far quicker, than a germ,”

John Steinbeck
March 30, 2021 at 04:48
(Aries) Wolfmoon
What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow.

The Buddha
March 30, 2021 at 02:58
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » fishscales
I´m not a burden on society. Society is a burden on me.
March 30, 2021 at 02:47
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
"All we got is time, and when we run out, it´s too late anyway"
March 30, 2021 at 01:49
(Virgo) LotusStar
"A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance." - Hunter S. Thompson
March 29, 2021 at 12:01
(Pisces) fishscales
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."

Seneca
March 29, 2021 at 01:15
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » fishscales
Aimless horses! :61: I prefer to be on the face track, at least there´s some good betting there. You just keep going around the karmic wheel, until you decide to jump over the fence and go run with the wild horses. Then you liberate yourself and head for the ocean and gallop through the sand under a nice sunset and sun rise and become a zen horse. :1:
March 29, 2021 at 01:11
.;
Login
(Log in)
March 28, 2021 at 19:56
(Virgo) RohiniMoon
"DisneyLand is social cretinism pushed to its extreme limits" - Jacque Ellul
March 23, 2021 at 11:26
(Pisces) fishscales
"There is a story in Zen circles about a man and a horse. The horse is galloping quickly, and it appears that the man on the horse is going somewhere important. Another man standing alongside the road, shouts, «Where are you going?» and the first man replies, «I don´t know! Ask the horse!» This is also our story. We are riding a horse, and we don´t know where we are going and we can´t stop. The horse is our habit energy pulling us along, and we are powerless."

Nhat Hanh
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2021
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »