Combust planets?

June 24, 2019 at 02:20 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Combust planets?
Greetings astro seekers. I am curious about combust planets. I have Venus <4° from sun and Jupiter <1°. I´ve read a little about it, but still would like to know more if anyone has any insight, thanks in advance for any help.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 24, 2019 at 14:06
(Pisces) fishscales » Sunnyshadow
"I´ve read all the benevolent meanings of my venus and jupiter conjunct sun. Sounded great until I stumbled upon the combust interpretations, which were alot different."

That´s what I don´t get. As soon as the word combust is added, the interpretation goes entirely apeshit :39:

I am thinking of something based on Iriquois´ post and my response though... Maybe those with combust planets use the energy of the combust planet too subjectively, or too internally...? Ie, they have a hard time expressing or relating that combust planet´s energy into the outside world

Mentioned by son having Merc conjunct/combust his sun... He has an agile, active mind, but is not a big communicator with others. Unusual since he´s a Gemini rising too.

I dunno... Just a theory.
June 24, 2019 at 14:05
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
You´re a Libra rising too right?

I think alot of our relationship problems stem from that. 

Relationships are so much a part of the fabric of our existence... shit´s bound to go wrong 

I think the crux of my predicament is there´s a part of me that is totally that way, and another part of me that´s been through the wringer and says, "F that!" So it´s a attitude/outlook problem. Hard to let the guard down one more time, so it stays up. Cue the Violin :61:
June 24, 2019 at 13:54
Yes, I agree. I´ve read all the benevolent meanings of my venus and jupiter conjunct sun. Sounded great until I stumbled upon the combust interpretations, which were alot different. Seems like some astrologers dont give it any credit and others do. Hmm. I´m just gonna focus on the positives, lol. I think there are other reasons why my love life suffers, (like being a lifepath 1 for example) but wanted to get some honest feedback from fellow astrology students. :37:
June 24, 2019 at 12:04
(Pisces) fishscales » Iroquois Pliskin
I wonder if that narrow mindedness, or singular focus, has to do with the conjunction/combust.

The energies of Mercury and Venus are fused with your inner self, which is your sun.

May make it difficult to appreciate other people´s perspectives on the affairs Mercury and Venus are associated with.

The energies they represent may seem to be so much a part of yourself that you may find it hard to appreciate that they are at work in others as well.
June 24, 2019 at 04:28
(Gemini) Iroquois Pliskin
I have my Sun, Mercury and Venus in a combust with each other. The only real bad thing I noticed is I’m extremely narrow minded. When people are challenging my opinion (Mercury), they are challenging me (Sun).
June 24, 2019 at 03:21
Another thing I don´t get is the interpretations for planets that are conjunct the sun.

They never seem to be really bad, and don´t usually allude to any "weakness" in the planet.

Take these for example... Not horrible...

https://cafeastrology.com/natal/…
June 24, 2019 at 03:19
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Fantasist Terry Brooks :151: combust :153: morphs into a Terra conjunct Mercury conjunct Earth stellium in his heliocentric chart; The Soul is about what occupies the inky blackness of space! :11:
Sometimes :199:, :159:, & :160: are each black Suns that attempt to rival the 2nd Sun :156: :41:.
Sometimes :157: is a Planetar as well! :74:
June 24, 2019 at 03:11
Yeah, idk what´s wrong with me tbh. I´ve got raw deals in basically--no every relationship I´ve been in. Now I dont even get my hopes up anymore. I´m f´d for some reason. Maybe one day, that´s what I´ve been saying last 40 years.

I just want something i can never have ~ Trent Reznor.

I´m lucky in other areas, just not love. Gotta be that venus combust :61:
June 24, 2019 at 03:05
That´s interesting though. Food for thought for sure
June 24, 2019 at 02:59
You´re a Libra rising too right?

I think alot of our relationship problems stem from that. :61:

Relationships are so much a part of the fabric of our existence... shit´s bound to go wrong :46:
June 24, 2019 at 02:51
Lol, I´ve heard there are mixed opinions about it. But after reading some of the so-called effects it does sound somewhat accurate. For example, venus combust has hard time in love/relationships. That´s me :29:. But I have a friend who also has this and he´s been married for years. From what I´ve read the effects are mostly negative, with some positives mixed in there. But I´d like to know either way. :37:
June 24, 2019 at 02:40
(Pisces) fishscales
I constantly read that a planet that is combust has its influence "burnt up" by the rays of the sun.

Both my son and stepson have their Mercury conjunct the Sun, or combust.

My son already skipped a grade in school and my stepson is in honors everything.

So phooey to the traditional interpretation of combust, I say.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »