Asteroids

June 16, 2019 at 14:48 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu
Asteroids
Hi,

I wonder if someone on here can bring more clearance onto certain asteroids. Very little information on HOW to use them, is found on the webs.
By biggest interest goes to :
Juno
Union
Amor
Cupid

Hades
Nessus

HOW to use them in Transits or Synastry. Such as when it conjuncts the Axis, or when it conjuncts itself, such as juno conjunct juno.

For as far as i know, asteroid Union can be used in prediction regarding marriage, maybe also soulmate connections, but it can be used for bussiness related events also. Still its all foggy to me..

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 18, 2019 at 09:52
(Pisces) fishscales » MelodicBlu
From what I can tell, Hades is not an asteroid, it is a hypothetical planet in Uranian astrology.

It is not in Astrodienst´s list of asteroids, and I can´t find a number for it anywhere.

If I recall correctly, there was an asteroid I had heard about that was also not on Astrodienst´s list. I located the number for it, plugged it in to their system, and it showed up on the chart. Can´t recall what asteroid it was now.

If Hades is in fact and asteroid and someone can provide a number for it, I would appreciate it.

How could you not want to add something called Hades into an interpretation? :3:
June 17, 2019 at 21:50
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » MelodicBlu
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Trine and sextile is less important for asteroids, even in tight orbs. It can bring a lesser good involved in archetype connected to an object. Some astrologers consider only conjunction. Wider consensus is also for a square and opposition. In this case, hard aspects are not necessarily negative, but bring a topic into live attention.

I agree with transiting Chiron and Juno. With other bodies I did not observed any influence. However, that might be due to my negligence, as well as accessibility of asteroids´ emphemeris data. Some websites and software chart also graphics, some only calculate position of asteroids in all zodiacs. https://serennu.com/astrology/…

Hádes is listed there, but bear in mind it is "Uranian astrology" type, which use midpoints and eight (8) hypothetical objects, certainly non-existent.

Except of you, there was previously user Capricae who was heavily into asteroids´ interpretations. Lot of asteroids information posted arrowhorse. And then another one named Madison. The latter is perhaps still alive.
June 17, 2019 at 20:43
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu » HeavenSent
In my opinion, asteroids in transits do trigger events sometimes, but along with some other indications at the same time, it just helps to color the theme of the event. I love to use asteroids, and yes, an in depth book is very much needed on this topic!
June 17, 2019 at 20:38
(Leo) HeavenSent » MelodicBlu
Hades is an asteroid, by the way.

AmiAnn is pretty outspoken and passionate about her views, to be sure. I do find her work on the asteroids to be much more helpful and accurate than not. She has spot-on insights that you won´t find anywhere else. I suppose many an astrologer could be thought of as a bit of a nut.... :)

Agree that it´s hard to find good information on asteroid astrology.. And since there are literally millions of them, it´s daunting territory! The rule of thumb, as always, is to stick with exact (or almost) conjunctions, and if you must look beyond that, the major aspects, then, but always keeping to very tight orbs.

In my observation so far, they seem to play a helpful supporting, or confirming role. Do asteroid transits trigger events the same way planets do? Perhaps so... I haven´t watched them enough to say... Someone needs to write a book on asteroid astrology!
June 17, 2019 at 20:15
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu » fishscales
now you mention it, im also not sure if hades was an asteroid or a point. But it´s useful for some little details on an overal question indeed.
Thanks for the reminders mentioned within your text!
June 17, 2019 at 19:54
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu » HeavenSent
Thanks! yes i know her blog and it´s been good to educate myself. Not to forget, people interpret certain combination out of their own experiences (which she does a lot) but also due to whats prominent within their own birthchart.
For example, i am a strong scorpio and i enjoy some terror, some pain. so if i have certain obsessive or harsh aspect within synastry, i could enjoy it, romanticize it and live with it easier than a person with some pussy placements, some cancer here some virgo there, u know.. might sound a bit black and white..
her blog is very insightful for sure, but searching for some more people like her who dig deeper into asteroids, so that i can compare the information and make a neutral decision for myself on how i can interpret them.

That last sentence is spot on tho :) thanks!
June 17, 2019 at 19:46
(Scorpio) MelodicBlu » MarvinReal
In terms of conjunctions i prefer using an orb of 3 degrees, especially for asteroids. not sure what to do with tight trines or sextiles between ateroids or planet-asteroid.
Thanks for the insight, just doing my thing and digging deeper into some charts
June 17, 2019 at 19:39
(Pisces) fishscales » HeavenSent
I think Ami Ann aka "My Christian Psychic" is a bit of a nut...certainly do not agree with her on certain social issues...But I like her simple and straightforward approach to interpreting asteroids.
June 17, 2019 at 19:13
(Leo) HeavenSent
Long-time astrologer Alex Miller has a particular focus on asteroids. He also writes amusing and enlightening analyses on asteroids and current events. You can check out his work here:

http://alexasteroidastrology.com

and here.

http://alexasteroidastrology.com/ca…

A good source for insights and discussion, when it comes to the impact of the negative asteroids (of which Nessus is one), is astrologer Ami/AmiAnn/Amelia, aka "my christian psychic."

This is her well-researched, and annotated, list of the "ten darkest asteroids:"

http://mychristianpsychic.com/journ…

Caveat: It´s pretty heavy stuff. Apply the information with due caution. If you find any of these asteroids at sensitive points in your (or someone else´s) chart, *do not to get freaked out.* It´s so easy to assume the worst! But not every dark cloud is a tornado! Astrology can point out challenging, or dark, themes that may become prominent, or recurrent, in the querent´s life. This does not mean the chart-holder is doomed to tragedy. It can mean that they will encounter the difficult issue(s) or theme(s) in a variety of ways, perhaps playing out in the lives of people close to them, or in their work life, or as a research undertaking. Etc. And as always, houses, signs and aspects help us see how and where asteroid activity will play out.

Pursue knowledge through studying the heavens... but never forget you are endowed with Free Will.
June 17, 2019 at 11:03
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user MarvinReal, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
There are some enthusiastic users on this forum who are considering orbs up to 10° for some asteroids and comets in synastry and birth chart.

Orbs for transits are less than 3 degrees, but anything around the same sign of its sidereal constellation (up to 45°!!) can be felt long in advance and long afterwards conjunction.

I am using about 10 of irregular bodies in charts, can list them if you wish. Seeking interpretation only if its in hard aspects with tight orbs, and at the same time, if chart itself suggests its importance is paramount for understanding the chart.

The main significators of marriage are Descendent, Immum Coeli, Vertex, planets, and other indicators.

Do you consider in marriage based on asteroids compatibility?

You can message me and update around you.
June 17, 2019 at 10:20
(Pisces) fishscales
When it comes to asteroids and aspects, I pretty much use the conjunction only, with a max orb of 3 degrees.

Alot of people would probably disagree with this. But to me, there are so many asteroids, in addition to the planets and points, that I´d rather just focus on the most potent influences.

That being said, in terms of interpretation, just think of the asteroid as a more subtle planet that can grant you some additional and perhaps more specific insight.

Learn the meanings and the archetypes associated with the asteroid, and incorporate them into your interpretation, just as you would a planet.

For instance, if you´re looking at a synastry chart with one person´s moon square the other person´s Pluto, you can tell that there´s some kind of emotional difficulty in play, probably involving some kind of unresolved subconscious compulsion.

If one partner´s Nessus is conjunct the other partners moon, that emotional difficulty could manifest as emotional abuse.

There are plenty of good resources that can bring you up to speed regarding the meanings of asteroids.

The Juno conjunct Juno aspect you mentioned is a good indication of partnership, or even marriage, if the rest of the chart supports it.

Is Hades an asteroid? I always thought it was one of those hypothetical planets. I could be wrong.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Leo Leo
Show calendar »