Astrology On Other Planets

June 9, 2019 at 18:03 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Astrology On Other Planets
So this is a hypothetical question, but it may be a practical one at some point in the future. So, let´s say that human astronauts travel to Mars (or any other planet for that matter). They stay there for some time. Do the laws of astrology change for them (based upon the planet they are on) or are they, as humans, bound to the earths rules of astrology?

I know this is a strange "trippy" question, but it doesn´t seem to be extraordinarily impractical, given that we will probably have such camps on other planets (if we don´t kill ourselves first).

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
June 10, 2019 at 14:13
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Vanille
Vanille, well, that´s a good question. I guess the short answer is that astrology is geocentric. We look out at the planets travel through the constellations. Although the usual tropical system that we use in Western astrology is based upon the seasons, not the constellations per se, the various domiciles (signs) are based originally on the constellations.

Now to get a little detailed, we may ask how were the planet rulers were assigned to the signs. OK here´s the answer. So the first two luminaries were assigned to the brightest months of the year in the northern hemisphere, so you have the Moon in Cancer and the Sun in Leo. After that you have the planets that trail the Sun. So the next planet, Mercury, goes into the next sign Virgo. Then after that you get the next planet Venus that goes into the next sign Libra. Then Mars goes with Scorpio; Jupiter goes with Sag, Saturn goes with Capricorn. Then there is a reversal. Saturn goes with Aquarius (I am going with traditional rulerships). Jupiter goes with Pisces. Mars goes with Aries. Venus goes with Taurus. Mercury goes with Gemini.

Now this would change if we were to live on Mars. We would look out at the night sky and see the two luminaries, Mercury, Venus, followed by EARTH!!! Then your question become pertinent. Would Earth then become the ruler of Scorpio in the new schema?

The question blows my mind. That´s why I asked it. :)
June 10, 2019 at 05:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Vanille, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Well there´s probably a reason we can only live on earth...

Just one question I have. All signs have a planet ruler, including the sun and moon (that arent planets) but no sign is ruled by earth... Why not?
June 9, 2019 at 20:52
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » IIyyaarr13
I haven´t read "Stranger in a Strange Land" since my Senior year of High School...and that was a long, long time ago. I will have to re-read.
June 9, 2019 at 18:48
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
In ´Stranger in a Strange Land´ an Astrologer is given the job of Martian Michael Valentine Smith´s chart and her first step is chug-a-lug :37: :117: :37: :36:.
A serious Astrologer would have to contend with the speedy little Moons of Mars.
Imagining getting far enough into the Kuiper Belt that :151:/ :153: eclipse is the norm more than the exception, then an incorrigibly youthful perspective would be expected. :7: :95: :29:
June 9, 2019 at 18:08
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Think about this strange question. On Mars, you are now looking out from the lesser malefic and there is a planet called Earth that you see. What qualities do you ascribe to THAT planet?!
June 9, 2019 at 18:08
(Aries) ram_goat
People would probably just correlate any birth with earth time for a while.. sort of. Exact location for ASC would be difficult. Maybe over 1000 years of trial & error a modified system would emerge.. or a completely new one..
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Cancer Cancer
Show calendar »