Just discovered Yod in my chart

May 22, 2019 at 03:51 (UT/GMT)
(Leo) Sunnyshadow
Just discovered Yod in my chart
So, I just discovered I have a yod in my chart. Its not real tight, but from what I read, moon is the point or apex, which has greater orbs. Anyway, moon at 21°18´ in 7th house, saturn 13°41´ 11th, and uranus 17°02´ 2nd. From what I´ve read so far it´s a challenging aspect. With the feeling that something is wrong, but cant really put your finger on it. That sounds like me most of the time. (And that you are chosen for a special purpose...I feel real special ?) Plus I have the moon opposite pluto too. Sounds like I´m starting to realize why I feel cra cra half the time! Lol. Just cant relax and smell the roses or something. Anyway, just seeing if anyone has any thoughts. Feel free to tell me I dont have the yod if it´s too loose.
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 23, 2019 at 21:18
(Pisces) fishscales
Someone posted here earlier that you had a moon/Saturn bi-quintile, a 144 degree aspect. Don´t know what happened to their post, but they were right.

"Moon Quintile or Bi-Quintile Saturn

For your full creative powers to develop, you need periods of solitude and reflection. You are not a recluse and you can fare well without solitude but your own unique and individual creative powers are developed through your own individual reflections. Studying the works of masters rather than reading another person’s interpretation of the work of a master can also often benefit you. You have the ability to develop new methods and concepts that are useful and practical."

(From Cafeastrology.com)
May 23, 2019 at 08:02
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Your :157: & :152: are biquintile which is harmonic five.
Yod was first two harmonic twelve aspects in :198:(harmonic 6); Most of the Hindu Harmonics need tight orbs! :95: :29: :7:
May 22, 2019 at 22:23
(Taurus) lnsabch » fishscales
LOL no problem, I still appreciate any insights you have :37:
May 22, 2019 at 20:52
(Pisces) fishscales » lnsabch
"A Yod is 2 quincunxes + a sextile"

DUH I did not see this in your original post otherwise I wouldn´t have gone on about what a yod was!!

I thought you were saying he was confusing a yod with a kite. (How many times do you hear that sentence in everyday life?)

Sorry!!! :41:
May 22, 2019 at 20:10
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Sunnyshadow
This woman here does a nice job teaching astrology. This is where she talks about the yod.

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 22, 2019 at 17:35
(Leo) Sunnyshadow » fishscales
Thank you for the reply. That does make sense to me. I think the aspects just gain intensity as they come closer to 0°, or exact aspect. Kinda like focusing the sun through a magnifying glass I suppose. Mines certainly not an exact aspect. I read something about 8° orb if it´s the sun or moon is the only reason I considered it a possibility. It didnt say 8° from what! ? then I read where a quincux has a 2° orb, so I probably dont have it. Just thought it was interesting and thought I´d ask. You made some interesting points,
May 22, 2019 at 16:14
(Taurus) lnsabch » fishscales
I have a Yod myself (with Chiron at its apex) and I´m trying to learn anything I can about them. I really didn´t find much help on the internet and your explanation about quincunxes was very interesting.
Thank you! :15:
May 22, 2019 at 13:58
(Pisces) fishscales » lnsabch
A yod is formed when there is one planet forming a quincunx (150 degree aspect) to two other planets that are sextile eachother.

The configuration is also known as the "finger of God" because the focal point of the aspect (the planet that is quincunx the two planets that sextile eachother) supposedly points to a special destiny.

There is plenty of info online about the configuration that is better than what I could provide you with. It´s a pretty interesting one.

You are correct, however, in saying that sunnyshadow has a kite formation in his chart. :1:
May 22, 2019 at 13:49
(Pisces) fishscales
The orbs between the moon and Saturn and Uranus are technically too wide to be considered quincunx aspects, even with one of the planets being the moon.

Traditionally, astrologers assign a maximum orb of 3 degrees to a quincunx, with some believing it should be no more than two.

I take a bit more of a Vedic approach to this. If planets in a Vedic chart are in houses that are trine or opposite from eachother, they are considered to be in aspect. A simpler example to help state this might be that if two planets occupy the same house, they are considered conjunct, even though they may not be conjunct by degree.

So the way I look at it is, if your moon and Saturn are in houses that quincunx eachother, that quincunx energy will manifest itself between the affairs of those two houses, although not as intensely as it would if the planets were in a quincunx aspect within the allowable orb.

Most astrologers would probably frown on this, but that is how I feel.

The quincunx represents energies that require adjustment. The planetary energies represented in the aspect just seem to "miss" eachother somehow...Almost as if they are invisible to eachother. I think conscious acknowledgment of this can go a ways towards helping to solve the problems of the aspect.

It´s a tough aspect to be sure, and I by no means consider it to be a "minor" aspect. Subtle maybe, but not minor.

A yod, however, since it involves multiple aspects, may require all of its aspects to be within orb in order to do what a yod does. It´s a pattern of energy that requires all of its components to operate together in order to produce the signature yod energetic effect.

I´m probably pissing off alot of professional astrologers with this post :61:

Even I am doubting what I just wrote about the yod, since a singular aspect is also a pattern of energy that requires a certain union of energies to function, albeit a simpler one.

Getting back to the quincunx, I kind of view an out-of-orb quincunx, or any aspect, as still carrying a shadow of the flavor of that aspect--just as I believe that someone born on the cusp of two sun signs will carry the flavor of both signs, even though mathematically speaking, they are either one sign or the other.

Edit: Wow... I intended this to be like a one paragraph post :61:
May 22, 2019 at 12:55
(Taurus) lnsabch
From what I understand (still learning), you don´t have a Yod but actually a Kite. A Yod is 2 quincunxes + a sextile.

https://cafeastrology.com/articles/…

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Libra Libra
Show calendar »