Planets conjunct the descendant

May 6, 2019 at 10:29 (UT/GMT)
(Pisces) fishscales
Planets conjunct the descendant
I´m interested in hearing from people who have planets, points, or asteroids conjunct the descendant (opposite the ascendant).

How do you feel these planets and/or points manifest in your life?

Even if you do not have anything conjunct the descendant, please don´t hesitate to share your knowledge/insights about the aspect.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 18, 2019 at 06:24
(Pisces) TimeSciences » krushi
In few cases (mostly due to inexperience & or not knowing what to look out for!)
May 10, 2019 at 10:08
(Aquarius) krushi » TimeSciences
May I ask, have you ever felt like your relationships, or some strange decisions on your part were kind of imposed from outside? Have you thought of yourself as a victim of circumstances?
May 9, 2019 at 18:31
(Pisces) TimeSciences
My experience with Uranus and Pluto where they are in my chart along with aspects in comparison to the generated interpretations shows that a) Changes in my life have only been somewhat sudden vs. the extremes delineated; most likely due to learned precautions to take in the form of always striving to be adequately prepared to survive/support myself for a minimum of 8 months or up to 3 years with ´spotty at best´ means of income generation if necessary. b) Decisiveness/stubborness in my case is definitely a personality trait but so is flexibility-I´m always open to evaluating and making reasoned decisions for altering a course of action if necessary. c) My chart mentions generally not staying in one place: yes, I like to travel, but most of my work involved travel on a frequent daily and weekly basis early on. Thankfully no need to travel as frequently.
PS:I´m just beginning with Astrology so not yet at progressing charts/transit analysis. I have found the horoscope generated at most sites online describe much of what could be expected in the life of someone up to their 20´s (much of the ´immature attitudes and expected behavior´ in mine here at astro-seek was true of me through about age 17) so perhaps once I get to being able to progress charts details showing growth vs. immaturity will reveal themselves?
May 9, 2019 at 16:51
(Aquarius) krushi » fishscales
Dear DManos, let me rephrase the question. Instead of asking "What is going on in the 7th house?" I would rather ask: "Who are your typical partners?", or "Are you happy in marriage?", or "What do you seek in relationships?" or even "What is your ideal self"?

We have to explore at the first place: Venus and Mars and Aries/Libra axis. The latter — particularly for the "ideal self" problem. Do you strive to be a man of action instead of evaluating the benefits and risks of various alternatives? Or, maybe feel that you too easily give in to the others demands?...

Next, Venus in your chart is in such a strong position, that it outshines everything else, including asteroids, fixed stars (there are 4 of them with magnitude < 3 in your 7th house), Arabic parts, hypothetical planets, artificial satellites and I don´t know what else... It is the Evening Star which since ancient times has been a source of inspiration for people of all races. It´s really a blessing to be born under that Venus!
May 8, 2019 at 11:29
(Pisces) fishscales » krushi
"It shows our ideal self..."

Well, krushi, that is kind of the heart of the problem, and the real reason that I posted this thread. What if the energies that are conjunct the DSC in one´s chart do not represent what anyone would consider "ideal" qualities?

Conjunct my DSC, I have these asteroids and/or minor planets:

Chiron
Eris
Circe
Medusa
Lust
Black

One does not need to have an incredibly deep knowledge of mythology to understand that the mythologically named asteroids listed here represent some dark energies. The names Lust and Black speak for themselves.

These asteroids are conjunct my DSC either exactly, or within one degree, and never more than one degree. To be honest, I was kind of shocked when I figured this out, although I probably should not have been. Maybe I was more shocked at the accuracy of the astrology.

In my life, I have been both the seduced and the seducer, although many more times, the seduce. (Focusing mainly on Circe and Lust here). If I was ever seduced by someone, I knew what was going on, and pretty much allowed it to happen, so I don´t even know if that qualifies as being seduced.

How can one that goes around seducing people be considered to be expressing their "ideal" self? Their true self, perhaps, but not their ideal self.

What if you strongly dislike your "ideal" self, but are very good at expressing it nonetheless?

I love my wife, but I do think that part of the reason I got married was to stop the destructive cycle of seduction that I was engaged in because it was obviously causing pain to others. It´s as if I could not control it until I committed myself to the higher ideal of marriage. Actually, my wife and I were together for 8 years before we got married, during which I ceased all my shenanigans. So perhaps it was the idea of commitment I needed to stop my nonsense, and not marriage per se. Still, I carry alot of guilt about my past. It keeps me up some nights.

I know this sounds scattered and I have no real point. I do not admit these things easily, however, (even in an online forum) and maybe I need to get past the initial shakeup of admitting them before I can start to make any real sense...

May 8, 2019 at 11:04
(Pisces) fishscales » Steve Guesshow
Very interesting. The idea that we need others to show us what lies on our descendant resonates with me. I like the analogy with the mirror too.

I also have Chiron in Aries conjunct the Descendant, although mine is direct. Have definitely experienced difficulty in relationships, most often relating to poor, or more accurately, *incomplete* communication, due to wounds to my own ego that I don´t like to dig up and talk about. (I have Mercury in Aries conjunct Chiron as well.)
May 8, 2019 at 10:39
(Leo) pixel » Steve Guesshow
I have the same aspect, Chiron on my descendant... but that depends: for asteroids, what are the degrees to consider in conjunctions?
May 8, 2019 at 06:27
(Aquarius) krushi » fishscales
You may find interesting what Charles E.O.Carter writes with regard to the VII house:

"It would be grave error to regard it, as is commonly the case, as affecting only one´s married life; it determines to a very large extent how we "get on" with people in general. It shows our ideal self, what we could be in contradiction to the Ist house, which shows what we are, and it signifies what is complementary to and lacking in ourselves, and therefore is required by us in a partner to render us complete, and is dangerous to us in an enemy, because we lack it ourselves".
-- The Principles of Astrology.
May 7, 2019 at 10:58
(Sagittarius) Steve Guesshow
Well, it depends...Descendant is quite passive, so it can cooperate with planets that have somehow "jin" energy. But signs also matter.
I can say that planets on DS are mainly non-conscious. We don´t realize it for ourselves, we need other people to show us (consciously or unconsciously). Descendant symbolise "I am not that thing" or "The other one". So we can perceive only when we talk with others and they give us the mirror. As we cannot see our back and we need mirror to see it, the planets on DS are "on our back" and we need mirror (=other people) to realize and feel them.
I have Chiron on Descendant, which is retrograde, in Aries. There is quite pain and suffering in my relationships, but I have to realize it only shows me my own agression and asertivity, which I cannot feel, see and realize. It also shows me when I give up my strength, when I left my power, so other people came to remind me (sometimes harshly)...like "Hey, that power, that daring, that insolence, it is not coming from us, we just want return it to you..."
May 6, 2019 at 13:34
(Gemini) stigmí » fishscales
As i have there venus, for me it is very natural, because it is my woman qualitie and i feel best when i can be in this free. My partner was cancer and second aquarius with asc cancer and moon in 8th. I dont like gemini man ^^ so gemini desc but i feel it as cancer.
I think i am not good example x) I have so much contrasts in my chart. But i think that both - asc and desc have its role how we express ourselves in outer world.
May 6, 2019 at 13:05
(Pisces) fishscales » stigmí
Thanks Siili.

I must admit, the descendant is very confusing to me.

Is it our true nature as opposed to the ASC, which is how we express ourselves to the outer world? Is it what we seek in a partner? Is it qualities that we reject in ourselves that we should embrace? Is it qualities that are inside of ourselves but that we project onto others? Is it how we relate to others?

Is it all of these things?

I don´t expect you to answer all of this... I am just thinking out loud... but if you have any insight on any of this, please feel free... :3:
May 6, 2019 at 12:14
(Gemini) stigmí
I have on desc mercury and venus. Mercury is gemini in 6th and venus cancer in 7th. And right on desc is my fortune.
I feel very much my venus in cancer, it is also retrograde. Through contact with others of course, but also how i perceive world around.
People often have no problem to talk with me everywhere about everything serious things included even if i saw them for the first time.
I need harmony around and i feel every motion of others so for example when we go somewhere with more people i am always searching for something where everyone will feel good, because then i feel it too ^^ I learned to be also in disharmony, to accept that everything is not ok and let it flow. Sometimes i have to be really alone because of to quit everything with which i was connected. Edit - And when i am really "full" and somebody missed it to go away when yet was time, i can be also very rude.
And the rest.. I let it on others how they see me ; )

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »