Astrology and New Age Distortions

April 29, 2019 at 15:08 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Astrology and New Age Distortions
What do you think about the influence of the New Age on Astrology? I don´t have a good opinion of it. According to the New Age everything is pretty much unicorns and balloons. We are uniquely surround by beings of light. I don´t care much for this polyanna attitude, especially when reality (look at the mass shootings) suggests otherwise. For example, the 12th house, traditionally a place of prisons and bad luck has become, according to one new age astrologer, the house of intuition and psychic abilities. The 6th house is now the house of health, instead of the house of sickness and servitude as it was in traditional astrology.

I´m sorry, but I find nothing to substantiate these modern interpretations. Do you?

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
May 2, 2019 at 11:55
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Olenna, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
One of the things that annoy the crap out of me is this new age idea of the famous ´twin flame´ BS. Like really people buy into this, get involved with dysfunctional individuals that treat them like shit, but it`s ok because they`re meant to be together, and they supposed to suffer because it`s meant to be, stfu :28:. It`s not just young people that get distorted ideas about relationships, but also old, like my age and older. Just sad. If you have to find this one person that will save you from yourself and somehow elevate you to some godly romantic status above everyone else, you`re delusional and wasting your time instead of becoming a powerful person, live your life, not wait for someone to give that to you. End rant :10:
May 2, 2019 at 04:48
(Aries) ram_goat » TimeSciences
This one also happened a few miles from me...

back in the naughty 90´s...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/…

maybe a little bit out on the outer edge of the main post´s topic but
still a deadly cult where people actually died.

such a weird mixture of things they believed..

pluto in sag, 1990´s..
May 2, 2019 at 04:43
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ram_goat
Yes. I also remember well how the massive complex known as ´Rajneeshpuram´ in Oregon especially the poisoning of food covered in this video. The compound even had plans for a crematorium!

https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 2, 2019 at 04:39
(Pisces) TimeSciences » Amartya
You´re welcome!
May 2, 2019 at 00:38
(Sagittarius) Amartya » ram_goat
These are not the droids you are looking for.

Or in this case, the spiritual path you seek. :3:
May 2, 2019 at 00:33
(Aries) ram_goat » Amartya
the force has power over weak minds.
May 2, 2019 at 00:32
caveat emptor if ever there was a case for caution..
May 2, 2019 at 00:26
(Sagittarius) Amartya » TimeSciences
Thank you for the links. I will definitely check them out and I agree with what you said. A lot it is making statements that can neither be proved nor disproved easily and sometimes with potentially negative intentions.
May 1, 2019 at 19:37
(Pisces) TimeSciences » Amartya
MacLaine and others like her are why many have a range of annoyance to disdain for the so called ´New Age Movement´ People like her freely spout a fair share of claims, opinions and beliefs which cannot be proved or disproved and, their motives are suspect for so many reasons.
´Ever hear of The Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh? There´s plenty about his movement online too, but this video is just a taste of how far people can be led by belief systems:
https://m.youtube.com/watch/…
If you have the time, Propaganda by Edward Bernays is worth a read because it allows better perception of the veracity of whatever one is consuming via various media or, if you prefer videos, there´s plenty here:

Propaganda Edward Bernays - YouTube
https://m.youtube.com/results/…
YouTube
YouTube
May 1, 2019 at 19:32
She, Madonna and Cult movements spouting their unproveable, un-disprovable beliefs are an insult to the sanity of humanity.
Remember the Rashneesh movement founded by ´The Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh?´
See:

https://m.youtube.com/watch/…

Laughable but frightening how powerful brainwashing/mind control can be!
YouTube
YouTube
May 1, 2019 at 17:27
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user yutaya, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I tend to use pseudo-spiritual jargon if I feel a person MAY understand their chart better. You can tell based on their initial posts like "twin-flame". But when I study my own natal chart it´s nothing like that honestly. I´ll maybe use "soul" here or there but in relation to the psyche but not something out-side of me, my body, because I feel like what we all go though is really here on Earth.

In short, I´m actually agnostic. I just don´t know.

I like the traditional interpretations for 12th house. I actually have real-lived experiences (not in a prison of course!) in this house. Not sure I believe in "bad luck" though.

I don´t care for astrologers who infuses New Age concepts but it´s their choice.
May 1, 2019 at 16:30
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » IIyyaarr13
I asked for comments on the influence of the New Age on astology , not an ad hominem attack, or a comment on my lifestyle. I am about as unconservative as is possible, thank you. Unless you know me personally , or I ask for it, please keep your "revelations" about me to yourself. Thank you.
May 1, 2019 at 05:31
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
Last image of a Unicorn I saw one that portaled into Woodstock and ate people on ´DC Legends of Tommorrow´ :69:
The living Unicorn is the Narwhal with a horn for breaking ice!
The female Narwhal is sacred and it is possible to find churches everywhere where the ´Narthex´ is held in reverence!
What kind of balloons specifically; Helium balloons that rise and rise or the Hindenburg which took a long time to burn?
Nuage; Fr. for cloud, the nebulous.
Drugs ultimately lead to a stage called ´conservatism´ :159: upper :194: :155: is getting to you! :25: :85: :7: :95: :29:
April 30, 2019 at 22:26
(Sagittarius) Amartya » TimeSciences
That is a horrifying quote. I understand the concept of past life karma but wtf. That is just dreadful. Maclaine deserves the blowback she is getting.

Shameful.
April 30, 2019 at 22:22
(Sagittarius) Amartya » Dalisay_Tadhanna
Wow, you were really young when you discovered your spiritual side. I had the odd experience or 2 in my teens but nothing really big until my early 20´s. I was 22 nearly 23 before I fully started exploring first new age and then later occult theory.
April 30, 2019 at 18:34
:61:

God what a ghastly quote..

I thought it couldn´t get more idiotic than Madonna speaking
about kaballah
April 30, 2019 at 18:08
ROFL!

And don´t forget Shirley MacLaine!
"The Daily Mail is reporting on the blowback being experienced by MacLaine and her new book, What If . . . A Lifetime of Questions, Speculations, Reasonable Guesses And A Few Things I Know For Sure. The most furious backlash is directed at her claims that the victims of the holocaust brought about their own deaths.

“What if most Holocaust victims were balancing their karma from ages before, when they were Roman soldiers putting Christians to death, the Crusaders who murdered millions in the name of Christianity, soldiers with Hannibal, or those who stormed across the Near East with Alexander?” she writes. “The energy of killing is endless and will be experienced by the killer and the killee.”
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 30, 2019 at 04:24
(Virgo) Dalisay_Tadhanna » Amartya
I really agree with you and i say that because without the new age movement not many people during this generation is not getting closer to the occult because in my experience i would have not explored and experience the wonderful things that alot of things offer. Im 15 now and i joined the new age movement since i was 9 but left when i was 12 and i know the truth behide it but i know from whats true and whats wrong. The new age was a spark to my infinite dry lands and its still burning and it will never stop my discovery in this life time and many others.
April 30, 2019 at 04:00
(Aries) ram_goat » Amartya
DEEPAK CHOPRA!!

(/me ducks and runs out of the room...)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 29, 2019 at 22:36
(Sagittarius) Amartya
I´m going to give a slight defence of new age philosophy. I personally believe that while I do not agree with the philosophy it does open a gateway for those who fear the "occult". I for one, would have been less open to reading and studying more "occult" literature/ideas had it not been for being introduced to New Age material first.

Do not get me wrong, I agree that a lot of it is nonsense but it is a gateway that many have gone through before finding their true personal spiritual path. A journey of sorts.

New Age is the McDonald´s compared to the Spiritual steak.
April 29, 2019 at 20:00
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Hmm, I thought 12th house was the house of secrets and the end.
And never knew 6th house was originally sickness instead of health. But health is the opposite of sickness, so perhaps they are doing what the typical modern message is.
"Stay positive"

Doesn´t seem to work though, both positive and negative are important. Balance is needed, and that is a problem with today, we don´t embrace the darkness. We only want to see the light, so when bad things happen, well we just freak out and often run. Not just in general, but especially in relationships between humans. Not just romance either.
April 29, 2019 at 19:40
(Pisces) TimeSciences
The ´New Age´ camp has too much ´fluff´ (ambiguity to blatant lies/fraud/BS for me) and I agree completely! It appears to me that much of the knowledge of ´what works´ is deliberately as well as incidentally obfuscated by those looking to capture the broadest audience.
I have wondered, ´Who are ´the keepers of the keys´ and ´Malarkey Masters´ who disseminate misinformation that explodes into exponentially growing movements that become labeled as ´New Age?´ Hello?!
Many of my own searches show much is available, but much is withheld too. For example, if ´FinTwit´ traders on twitter.com who rely on technical analysis, cycles observation did not share sites such as lunatictrader.com, make Astrologically related comments such as ´Mars is retrograde´ and others I would never have a renewal of interest in Astrology or discovered ´evidence of obfuscation´ along with the more recent history of Astrology and its intimacy with the financial world or the history and role of famed Astrologer Evangeline Adams with key financial people of her time (see profile for one of the first documents that began my research) I would never have found author Clint Adams´ fictionalized but well researched novel ´Evangeline The Seer of Wall Street´ that mixes a hefty amount of facts with fictionalized dialogue of Evangeline Adams and other historic characters. Or would I have known of W.D. Gann who was also known in his day as ´The Wizard of Wall Street´ and his works, some of which are included below and others can be found elsewhere with more information too. Both Evangeline Adams and W.D. Gann´s self published materials demonstrate both obfuscation and degrees of disclosure, Gann at one point even said in paraphrase ´people are not ready,´ wrote a book that appears childishly simplistic but carries sophisticated knowledge parableized titled ´The Tunnel Through the Air´ concluded that the Judeo-Christian Bible is really an Astrological book not to be construed as literal in any way and, at the time of his death, the Astrologer who assisted him with calculations materials completely destroyed them!
My observations are that due to Astrology being one of the Occult Arts, much will always be obfuscated but is recoverable to those willing and able to ´dig deep.´ There are levels of and types of Astrology that are available depending on what individuals are most interested in. Of course, some are only interested in ´the fun/psychological aspects of Astrology,´ others for Esoteric and religious purposes and then others such as those involved in finance looking for a probabilistic ´edge´ to optimize their results by ´mixing it up´ with cycles demonstrable with types of Astrology such as lunar via lunatictrader.com and others types with modification due to changes as a result of the passage of time such as Gann methods.
For the sake of example, search for materials mentioned as having been used or even those most likely instrumental/used by notable Astrologers with legacies of accuracy and service to notable individuals can be difficult to find, available only to initiates of certain groups or are simply unavailable!
In addition, there are many schools of Astrology and also methods within them which show that interpretations in them shift with the passage of time (ie: certain aspects at one time were defined as predictive of fatal illness but due to modern medicine, individuals are able to receive timely treatment and recover) and which confirms observations of Astrology´s similarities with Quantum Mechanics, see also: http://www.aureas.org/rams/…
In closing, perhaps now is the time for standardization of certain types of Astrology!
Here is some of the material found in my searches:
About W.D. Gann:
http://www.gann.su/book/eng/…

W.D. Gann Master Stock Market Course
https://healholistic.files.wordpress.com/…

W.D. Gann Master Commodities Course
http://gann.su/book/eng/…

Evangeline Adams Horary technique:
https://www.astrocollege.org/campus…

Decommissioned from the New York Public library with bookplate of Fleming Smith (I´ve been unable to find anything about him online.) It´s a good example of someone who may have been a client of Evangeline Adams because of the years he lived and the age of the publication which Evangeline Adams surely had in her personal library:
http://www.astrologiahumana.com/man…
April 29, 2019 at 16:45
(Pisces) fishscales
First off, let me say that overall, I agree with your assessment about new age philosophy.

To many of these new age pseudo-occultists, evil does not exist... Everything is sweetness and light, fairy dust and yes... unicorns!

There is much more I could say about new age philosophies, but I am trying to stay on topic. Suffice it to say that if I visit a website that deals with metaphysical subject matter and it is all decked out in pastels, stars, rainbows... And look, those damn unicorns again!... I´m outta there. Nothing to see here. ?

That being said, I really don´t have a problem with the specific examples of house interpretation you cited in your question.

The 12th house, for example, is a water house, and as such, should rightly be associated with psychic abilities. It is where we connect (or fail to connect) with the collective consciousness, or, to put it more simply, the things we cannot perceive with the five senses,or understand with the rational mind.

This is not to say that I dispute the "traditional" meanings of the houses. The 12th house is traditionally associated with isolation, or confinement in institutions. (Hospitals, prisons etc.) When someone is confined to such an institution, they are isolated from the physical world. But think of it this way: if someone is cut off from the collective consciousness of humanity, they are also isolated, but in a way that cannot be perceived by the physical senses. They are alone in their own mind. Both forms of isolation cause suffering, hence the 12th house´s association with suffering.

It´s as if there are different octaves in operation in each house, each of which represent different levels of the same thing.

Of course, when discussing the 12th house, there is also a dark side to the collective consciousness. However, this operates in essentially the same way. If the native rises above the dark subconscious influences that may be in the 12th house, they unite with the positive pole of life. If they succumb to them, they again end up in suffering and isolation.

As for the 6th house, it traditionally represents sickness. However, sickness is meaningless without health. In the end, sickness is a state of health, so I believe it is totally reasonable to call the 6th house a "house of health." It´s the polarity of the houses again.

Now if they start calling such and such the "house of unicorns", or saying that your sunshine is afflicted by your lollipops, and they are both locked in a T-square with your magical rainbows, I am DONE.

?????
April 29, 2019 at 16:32
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » krushi
Actually Robert Zoller under whom Benjamin Dykes studied apparently did predict 911. https://classicalastrologer.me/2018…
April 29, 2019 at 16:09
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Another supporting note for 12th house sun is that traditional astrology does not really seem to differentiate what sign the Sun is in regardless.

So me for example a Cancer sun.. Water sign, according to traditional astrology, i am weak, basically is what is paints me as, in reality i am anything but weak, emotionally, mentally and even physically and i rarely ever have health issues.

I have Saturn in 6th opposite Sun & Jupiter.

It´s also akin to the wording behind Moon conjunct Mars that we are brutish people who bully people, lol i was the victim in this life of this not the person dealing it.

Oh but does that bring in conformation bias? you were the victim must = Sun in 12th, you see yourself as a martyr?

LMAO.

I have weaknesses, but i learn from times of weakness, nowhere does traditional astrology support me in a light that is beneficial, it merely paints with a certainty that i´m weak.

There is also weakness in newer astrology practice especially with the over use of the word intense and people´s stupidity with the sign Scorpio, hardly anyone even understands Pluto and it shows through how many just use it as a symbol of their ego instead of understanding there is no ego attachment with Pluto.

6th house of service, yes sure i can see that, 12th house of weakness, not really, but it´s based on my own judgement and who i am, you can only assign traits to someone you are not, it´s like me pretending to know you.

See my topic.

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »