Moon sign and Mothers

April 26, 2019 at 17:05 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) lnsabch
Moon sign and Mothers
Hi all,
How have you experienced the relation to what sign your mother (or mother-figure) was, with how she/he/they behaved as a mother figure? Do you think a moon sign predicts how a person would "mother"? Someone here also suggested it could be a tie to a past life?
My motivation is that my mother´s birth time is unknown and I´m trying to guess if she was a :174: or :173: moon. To me she really would be :173: :152: because it would bring her to a :152: :192: :155: and she was infamous for her bad temper. I am not able to have children and if my mother is a fellow air sign then it makes more sense (my 5th house is :174:). My mother in law is a :174: :152: and that seems perfect for her. My mother couldn´t have been a :174: :152: because they are so different. My MIL is more of a mother to me than her.
I also was mothered by various other women in my life due to my absent mother, and I have been a secondary mother figure myself. I think my :181: :152: made it very difficult for me.

Edited to add: I´m not dissing air sign moons here :24: ...my husband is a :173: :152: and a fantastic father. I have a :173: :152: relative who would make a great mother.

Posts in topic

Sort posts:
May 7, 2019 at 02:42
(Virgo) Casey » lnsabch
That’s a wonderful idea! Thank you ☺️
May 7, 2019 at 02:26
(Taurus) lnsabch » Casey
It depends on many factors. I started this thread by oversimplifying the topic, because I was trying to guess my mother´s moon sign. Others pointed out the many different ways a mother´s nature might manifest. And as always, astrology provides the blueprint but we still have free will. We can choose to change our destiny (at least I think so... thanks :199: :4:).
I started my research by creating a synastry chart for me and my mother. If you do the same for your sons, it might be enlightening.
May 4, 2019 at 18:10
(Virgo) Casey
Great topic! As I’m fascinated even more by this in, being a mother to 2 boys, Both have Aries Moons...
What might this say about Me and Them, our relationship or how they see me as a mother.... I’d love to understand further> in hopes to be able to best facilitate their emotional needs (Moon)
April 30, 2019 at 14:25
(Taurus) lnsabch » sagelol
I see that ( :152: / :151:)happen often in parent/child charts. There has to be a significant meaning. Are your :152: and her :151: conjunct? Any 4th/5th house synastry?
Thanks for your input!
April 30, 2019 at 02:03
(Aquarius) sagelol
I´m a sag moon, and my mom is a sag sun.
April 29, 2019 at 02:06
(Taurus) lnsabch
Thank you all for your stories and information! I enjoyed getting different perspectives on mothers. It´s not simple, is it? In any case it seems there is some correlation for the moon (I was born at night, so especially so for me), no matter how small!
I have now estimated my mother´s birth time at about 2am; time will tell how close I am to being right!
April 28, 2019 at 17:18
(Aquarius) krushi
I am of the view that the Moon signifies women generally, not necessarily the mother. Yet, even so, it reveals mother´s role in one´s life, not her ability to be mother per se.

For instance, my Moon is in Aquarius. My brother´s Moon is in Taurus. Our mother´s Moon is in Leo. So, any attempt to rectify my mother´s birth time using Moon from my chart (or my brother´s) would lead nowhere.

By the way, some old authors state that "Venus by day and Moon by night indicate the mother".
April 27, 2019 at 07:33
(Aquarius) ShayT.
My mom is a 13° leo moon in the 8th, she´s been through alot and her mom wasnt really there for her.

My sister is 29° Aries moon in the 7th, Saturn´s in her 4th house (has baby with Gemini moon in 8th) My mom was 18/19 when she had her, and was going through alot with our father and other family

I have 12° Sag. moon in 6th house conj. pluto, I was planned, my grandma found out she had MS around the time i was born

My brother is 10° Taurus moon in 6th house conjunct des. & saturn (in 7th house). She was sick and and didnt know she was pregnant with him at first. She thought the test was going to affect him but my dad convinced her to keep him. Our father was going through a Saturn return too.

Our mom definitely has a big impact on us. She shows us alot of love but can be very negative and controlling, she bumps heads alot with my sister, babies my brother the most, and I´m the one she vents to the most. She sheltered me and my brother more than my sister, im not sure why.

We´re still a close family we talk about everything but we all like our space and respects that,
Mom has a Sag rising & Taurus sun
Sis has a libra rising & Sag sun
Brother is double scorpio Father has scorpio rising & double Aqua
Me cancer rising & aqua sun
April 27, 2019 at 07:06
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
The Moon is the weaker parent, my father is represented by my :152: even though he was a fellow :172: RIP.
My mother´s :151: is on my :180: :162: and :157: is my fourth strongest planet of 5 strong planets. When my mother moved to Los Angeles in May of ´64 she hired four black nannies, two white nannies, and a Navajo nanny, (the Navajo Nanny outsourced to Roman Catholics). Mom was not going to be :160: or :152: any longer than the first 51 weeks of my life.
Then came pre-school age with an :181: signature :177: in the house who was occasionally very firm who took nine years to realize that my mother was the great :157: :20: and then moved across the length of California which is the equivalent of moving from Corsica to Belgium on European scale. :7: :29:
April 26, 2019 at 23:42
(Pisces) fishscales » lnsabch
"I also notice from my relatives´ charts that a mom will have her moon or node in her child´s 4th in synastry. My first stepmom even has her node in my 4th even though she didn´t birth me. The child often has a planet in mom´s 5th."

That´s very interesting, and makes a ton of sense.

My mom´s moon is in my 4th, and my Sun and Mercury are in her 5th.

Thanks for the info! :15:
April 26, 2019 at 22:09
(Taurus) lnsabch » fishscales
That´s interesting-- maybe because the 4th means "heritage"? I read somewhere that because I have :181: :152: that my mother was either an :181: or acted like one. My mother is a :182: but barely missed being an :181: and definitely had Aquarian traits (that I share).
I also notice from my relatives´ charts that a mom will have her moon or node in her child´s 4th in synastry. My first stepmom even has her node in my 4th even though she didn´t birth me. The child often has a planet in mom´s 5th.
Thank you for sharing!
April 26, 2019 at 20:03
(Pisces) fishscales
My moon sign and house fits my mom pretty well.

My moon is in Aquarius, and there´s no doubt my mom is extremely independent. Perhaps too independent..she divorced my dad, but looking back as an adult, I really have to wonder if more could have been done to save the marriage if it wasn´t for her Aquarian stubbornness and rigidity. Then again, I was not in the relationship, so maybe I have no right to say this.

My moon is also in the 4th house, so my mom definitely had nurturing qualities as well when I was growing up.

I´d say she´s a combination of an independent/"ahead of her time" mother and a traditional, "classic" kind of a mom.

Perfect fit for the placements I guess.

EDIT: My mom´s moon is also in Aquarius, and our moons our conjunct. We also have the same Mars and Venus signs--Taurus.
April 26, 2019 at 19:35
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » lnsabch
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
No problem dear. :37:
April 26, 2019 at 19:34
(Taurus) lnsabch » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
I also have hard :157: and :160: aspects with a lot of similarities in my childhood home environment with yours, funny that. I am sure you´re right that I´m simplifying the matter by ignoring aspects and only looking at moon signs. It is because I´m trying to estimate my mother´s birth time.
Thanks for your input!
April 26, 2019 at 19:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » lnsabch
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
A read for you, this does not cover absolutely everything, it´s a Saturn thread.

https://forum.astro-seek.com/topic/…
April 26, 2019 at 18:54
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
=====
Moon in Taurus conjunct Mars conjunct Midheaven in Aries 10th house.

volatile mother, volatile father.
April 26, 2019 at 17:39
(Taurus) lnsabch » spiral
I wish that, since I was neglected that I would´ve got a :174: :152:. Instead I am :181: :152: and uncomfortable with others´ and my own emoting. :32:
Thank you for your input!
April 26, 2019 at 17:36
(Taurus) lnsabch » Admiral Hill
Wow! Those are striking sign correlations! :22:
Thanks for your input.
April 26, 2019 at 17:21
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
:174: :152: Mother. Very caring, a bit too protective, and kinda passive. Her own mother neglected her as a child.
April 26, 2019 at 17:14
(Aquarius) Admiral Hill
Astrology often suggests we will find correlations between our fathers and mothers in our own natal chart.

I do believe there can be correlations, and from my own familial experience.
I have 5 siblings, making 6 children of my parents.

My mothers moon is 15 degrees Pisces.
My moon is 22 degrees Pisces.
Firstborn´s moon is 16 degrees Pisces (and her firstborn has a 15 degree Pisces moon.)
Second´s moon is 7 degrees Cancer.
Third´s moon is 14 degrees Cancer.
Fourth´s moon is 7 degrees Cancer.
Six´s moon is 21 degrees Leo.

Father has a heavy Leo signature, etc. See the correlations with other planets as well.

If it seems to be your mother is a Gemini Moon then it is likely so.

Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »