Are You Also A Sorcerer?

April 18, 2019 at 16:55 (UT/GMT)
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology
Are You Also A Sorcerer?
How many people here also practice some form of Magic? Santeria, Vodou, Spiritism, Brujeria, Ceremonial Magic, Chaos Magic, Wicca, etc? How much astrology do you use when you perform a ritual?

I personally am eclectic, tending towards Chaos Magic. However, right now I am studying Hoodoo quite intensively. As for electing a time to perform my rituals, I usually just look at the planetary hours and the condition of the moon.

I am interested in hearing from other practitioners of the Magical Arts to see who is representing here!

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
September 2, 2019 at 15:08
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » fishscales
Good 60s-70s advertisement analogy there. Most people here (due to their youth) won´t get that one!
September 2, 2019 at 14:52
(Pisces) fishscales » ancient_astrology
"The leaders of the Christian and (I believe) Islamic religions have always been suspicious of its mystics and magicians."

This is ironic, since all of the major religions have their roots in esoteric mysticism.

Major religions have come a long way from their origins however...and not in the good, Virginia Slims kind of way either...
September 1, 2019 at 16:33
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Iceblu333
I actually started the thread back in April, way back before I took my little break from Astro-Seek.
September 1, 2019 at 11:38
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » Iceblu333
What chart are you looking at for U.S. I see the Saturn in Libra/Capricorn Pluto.

I´m also in the Netherlands with Saturn in Libra/Capricorn Pluto.

Kind of weird. Although one is North Node Gemini/South Node Sagittarius and the other North Node Leo/South Node Aquarius.
September 1, 2019 at 11:30
Yes,2020 will be quite interesting. We shall see.
September 1, 2019 at 11:12
Why the law of chaos and order.

http://www.thehealersjournal.com/20…

I think the Virgo transits are bringing up this shadow side of Virgo in different ways in our psyche right now. I don´t usually think of Horror Movies, and I made a thread. :61:

Christianity/Catholicism is on this axis. Virgo/Pisces

I´ve been doing this as well listening to some of the old ministers I used to read and listen too.

Amazing how it brings us to question different things in the universe.
September 1, 2019 at 10:54
(Taurus) Iceblu333 » ancient_astrology
Dude, why post this now when Uranus conjuct my Sun exact today. Sigh... I just watched "Hail Satan" two days ago and watched 2 biographies of Aliester Crowley on YouTube. Why are you just now giving this information... Sigh... Making me feel like I´m about to become a Satanist or Agnostic. Been doing too much research lately and a lot of events such as internet censorship and lies from the media (epstein) has me questioning all authorities. History is only told by the Victor´s of war. The Bible was written by men telling their account of events and organized by kings in power at the time. Who knows what their intention was but all we know is "The King James Version" of events. Maybe to control his kingdom. Either way, it makes you think about what was before Christianity/God. And why, if there are invisible entities/Karma, the entities allowed Christianity to happen. Or was Christianity necessary so that we wouldn´t kill each other because of not having order. In every group of animals there seems to always be a pack leader... Makes you wonder if Religion is a neccesary "evil" if you may. Also There´s always confusion in every form of religion even astrology (Vedic vs Western) maybe it is also necessary. Theres never a straight and narrow path. There´s always a bump in the Road... Somewhere. Maybe it was planned that way and is necessary.
September 1, 2019 at 08:11
(Sagittarius) goldenlion32 » ancient_astrology
I light a Mother Mary Candle, light some Angel incense, pray. And it always works for me. Kind of boring, but I thought all the magic was inside yourself. :61:
September 1, 2019 at 04:44
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13
There is a NETFLIX show titled "The Family" about Washington D.C.s National Prayer Breakfast being dedicated to shining "Christ Consciousness" into "The Wolfking" The idea being that faith need not be wasted on tender little lambs who are meant to be eaten anyway!
There are strange burning smells in my neighbourhood, some sort of witchcraft is close by in a heat-wave of all times!
April 27, 2019 at 17:41
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » ancient_astrology
I would be very happy to hear from any Vodun or spiritism. Given that we have so many people from different locations, it would be interesting to hear from them. Of course, what I´ve noticed is that astrology does not play such an important role in some forms of magic as it does in Western Ceremonial Magic; In Vodun, it looks like the days are important, for example Gede rituals are usually celebrated on Friday, but I don´t see much else in terms of astrology there. Same goes for Hoodoo. I grew up in Appalachia and there is a folk magic of that region. The phases of the moon sometimes play a role there and that´s about it.
April 23, 2019 at 22:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » arush79
@abhi79: You can start with Runesoup.com , hosted by Gordon White. There are a lot of free videos there. Or you can find the Rune Soup video channel on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/… If you want to join the community with more material, it doesn´t cost much. I am a member.

Anything by Dan Attrell is great. He´s a classical scholar who just did a wonderful translation of the Picatrix, a grimoire. He has a youtube channel. Watch or read anything by him. He´s scholarly and a good source of knowledge on magic: https://www.youtube.com/channel/…

Christopher Warnock´s site is a mixture of medieval astrology and magic. He also did a translation of The Picatrix, albeit slightly less academic than that of Attrell. He offers courses but there is also a lot of free stuff on his site:
https://www.renaissanceastrology.com/…

Dr. Stephen Skinner is another great source. He has catalogued or reproduced a lot of the ancient grimoires from the Greek and Mediterranean world. He doesn´t offer much on his website in terms of free stuff but there are a number of interviews with him on youtube that are worth watching.

Patrick Dunn is a linguist who has written a number of quality books on magic. He has a website that offers a lot of good stuff on magic: https://pomomagic.wordpress.com/

Ramsey Dukes has been doing magic and writing on it for over 40 years. Besides his books, he has a youtube channel that I highly recommend: https://www.youtube.com/channel/…

I don´t know if you are interested in folk magic, but if you are, a great source of Hoodoo magic is on Catherine Yrownada´s Lucky Mojo site. She is considered a leading expert in Hoodoo. She offers a course, which I plan on taking starting next month. In any case, here is the link to her free forum where you can ask any questions you might have and get knowledgeable answers. You can also buy books and magical supplies from her store:
http://www.luckymojo.com/

These are all QUALITY authors and sites. No bullshit, nor sites run by teenagers who like to wave swords and scream "Hail Satan" while taking their acne medication. If you look at the above sites, you will find something you like and that is worthwhile. Good luck.
April 23, 2019 at 14:51
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ancient_astrology
System message: Post has been written by user arush79, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Interesting topic.can you share any link or something where i can learn about it more.
April 23, 2019 at 13:13
(Capricorn) CapiSun » ancient_astrology
I don´t perform any specific form of magic; just magic in general.. I don´t label it. I´m just someone with a healthy respect and appreciation for all things natural and divine.
April 23, 2019 at 04:44
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » CapiSun
What kind of sorcery are you into Lavonne?
April 22, 2019 at 22:24
(Capricorn) CapiSun
Yes. I am very much into the craft.
April 22, 2019 at 06:35
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ancient_astrology
Looks interesting! Thanks a lot!
April 22, 2019 at 05:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » TimeSciences
TimeSciences , I don´t know if you are familiar with the work of Jeffrey Kripal. He is the Head of the Department of Religion at Rice University and has written some books that I highly recommend on the subject that interests you. In fact, I think his are much better than most books on affirmation, etc. One of his books is called "Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics and the Paranormal". (https://www.amazon.com/Mutants-Myst…) In any case, it discusses how some of the early writers of science fiction and comic strips (like Superman) started having mystical experience related to the characters that they created in their books and/or comic strips. In other words, they created these fictitious characters and then in some capacity these fictitious characters started showing up in real life! It´s a fascinating read. This has been given the name "Super Sigiling". Here is the graphic novelist Grant Morrison discussing his experiences with this phenomenon that you might enjoy, if you haven´t seen it already: https://www.youtube.com/watch/…
YouTube
YouTube
April 22, 2019 at 05:08
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Snm Str
Well Sinem, I am a double scorpio so I have always been interested in mystical things. The first time I did magic it was for very practical reasons. So as a profession, I am a software engineer. I was much younger and there was a company here in Silicon Valley that I wanted to work for. I did a magical ceremony. I did it in Latin. The spell did not work immediately, but a year later I was working for the company where I wanted to be.

After that I let magic go for a number of years. I was going to write a long explanation of why I decided to do magic again. It´s very complicated. Anyway, sometimes I get big results from doing magic. Sometimes it helps just a little and sometimes it doesn´t help at all.
April 21, 2019 at 18:24
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Yes, I know that you know what this means.☺ What I´m curious about is how you decided to do trans work and how they help you!☺
April 21, 2019 at 14:16
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » Snm Str
Sinem The leaders of the Christian and (I believe) Islamic religions have always been suspicious of its mystics and magicians. Why is that? It is so they (the officials of the church) have power to control people. They don´t want people to have direct access to God or to the spirit world. Of course, there may also be a good reason to warn people about magic. It´s true. It can be dangerous.

However, even though there have been a lot of great Christian and Islamic astrologers, I know that the Christian church denounces astrology.
April 21, 2019 at 04:49
(Pisces) TimeSciences » ancient_astrology
Interesting! I think very few have the ability to see beyond the known physical and know someone who says those who have passed on when they appear look just as they did in life complete with ability to communicate important information to those living. I know he´s not lying because what was communicated to the living included details related to personal affairs and warnings about them which were true but were not heeded!
April 20, 2019 at 23:51
System message: Post has been written by user Snm Str, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
All religions say that it is wrong to write magic and apply magic, but that does not mean that there is no third dimension. We know that 3rd dimension beings are gin, and these beings were created by God.. How long do you stay in trans? (şecere)
April 20, 2019 at 20:59
(Scorpio) ancient_astrology » TimeSciences
Hi, TimeSciences. It guess it depends on your definition of magic. For example, I don´t deny the existence of psychological means of achieving stuff, I can also say that I personally have had very little success with it. I don´t mean to imply that other people have not had success with it. Apparently they have. I have had success with magic that involves other beings. I, personally, do not interpret those beings as being projections of some part of myself (I used to think that). I consider them independent entities.
April 20, 2019 at 18:07
(Pisces) TimeSciences
Sorcerer/ess?It´s a matter of definition: the examples you cite are forms of religion and magic that all involve ritual, casting of spells, soothsaying etc. While I do not practice any of those, there are key elements of them that when translated to modern day psychology and practices such as visualization of goals or actions to realization and anything that uses proprietary knowledge to achieve a desired result (I´m thinking of those who use algorithms in finance and proprietary research in marketing as examples) that approximate some of the practices of Sorcery.
The saying:´If you can think it you can achieve it´ and other affirmative phrases followed by activities such as creating a visualization goal board with images of the goals one has to be used in goal achievement exercises is along the lines of the ideas of ´spell casting´ as are abilities including visualizing one´s accuracy in performing various activities well from beginner to more experienced levels.
April 20, 2019 at 17:13
System message: Post has been written by user David Evans, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
She in Lousiana USA, white witch. She spoke to the dead, and had visions. For instance, she spoke to dead stepmom of mine, smelled like the perfume that was in her coffin, even though she didn´t know what it was. According to my father.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »