Misophonia, HSP

April 17, 2019 at 16:24 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) lnsabch
Misophonia, HSP
Hi all,
I am researching whether or not there are astrological correlations for people suffering with Misophonia and/or for Highly Sensitive People.

If anyone here is a Highly Sensitive Person and/or has Misophonia please let me know (via messages if you prefer) so I can look at your chart.

Thanks!

Posts in topic

Page: 2 1
Sort posts:
April 19, 2019 at 01:43
(Taurus) lnsabch » lnsabch
Well, I have to say my research is discouraging. No one thing shows up over and over (minus the importance of planets/asteroids/nodes in water signs). The most prominent thing besides that was having a hard aspect to either :153:, :173:, or the 3rd house in an air sign. But, that is probably statistically very probable anyway and should be discarded (likewise :160: in any sign as it´s generational).
The only thing I found that truly may be something is having :160: in the 6th house.

I suppose it´s just dependent on the whole chart and such characteristics may grow/dissipate over time. My issues have gotten worse with age whereas when I was younger they hardly bothered me. It could possibly be transits, even.
April 19, 2019 at 00:24
(Taurus) lnsabch » stigmí
Thank you for sharing!

I can totally relate to "shapes of furniture"...I put my poor husband through an ordeal any time I want to buy something because "No, not that one." "Why? It´s nice." "It´s so...squat/round/dumpy/textured wrong/bumpy/brutish/pretentious/loud/etc etc" :61: And forget about me going to people´s houses...

I will post the results of my spreadsheet later for the 8 charts I have now.
April 18, 2019 at 20:06
(Gemini) stigmí » lnsabch
22 score.

Sensitive to noises, lights, music, shapes of furniture, some people and their behaviour, moods of others...especially when i need calm...really need time alone to have a rest...and guard my privacy...

I am highly sensitive. But sometimes i am very stony. I learned over time this stony armor...not to :32: :94:
April 18, 2019 at 19:28
(Taurus) nutelina » lnsabch
Another peculiar aspect of my experience regarding sound I might share is that I don´t like today´s tuning. I´ve been close to music all my life, composed even but when I found that 432Hz is a better frequency to tune your instruments to my whole appreciation for music changed. Completely.
April 18, 2019 at 19:25
(Taurus) nutelina » fishscales
I can say for myself Chiron seems to be encompassing, like making a summary of the things I try to make whole...
April 18, 2019 at 19:23
(Taurus) nutelina » lnsabch
Interesting.. I see two things: sensitivity with regards to interactions with our attention, connecting to other beings and our immune system.. A chemical burden may make you over sensitive to stimuli. People with autism have that just to name an example. I´ve had that a few times that I could take any sensory input.. I was overloaded. Since I´m eating healthy I don´t ever have had that anymore. I´m sensitive to WiFi and 3G. That´s really unhandy but I´m sure of it since I used those every day until I couldn´t.

But yes, telepathy, feeling feelings from others those are all very valid experiences which are scientifically proven to work. Remote viewing etc. very interesting.

So yeah now that we have a baseline... Curious to read how it relates to our astro makeup! Going to read all posts.
April 18, 2019 at 18:56
(Taurus) lnsabch
Now using the insight from DManos, I find 4 of 7 HSP have hard aspects to either Mercury, Gemini, or 3rd (air) house. And 4 of 7 have hard aspects to Chiron from Mercury, Pluto, or Neptune. I have a ton of data and this weekend I´m going to start a spreadsheet.
This is all so fascinating, many thanks to everyone who has responded :37:
April 18, 2019 at 18:51
(Taurus) lnsabch » Liquidized.Mind.LM3992
Thank you for sharing!
April 18, 2019 at 18:28
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Liquidized.Mind.LM3992, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
Your Total: 24

I am on the empath spectrum.
April 18, 2019 at 18:14
(Taurus) lnsabch » dontkillyourfuture
Thank you for your input! It really helps to have a large amount of samples.
So far the largest correlation I have is :178: :160: but that´s a generational thing, I suppose.
April 18, 2019 at 18:03
(Taurus) lnsabch » fishscales
That is fantastic insight! I did notice my Yod and could never make sense of it because I don´t understand Chiron very well at all. I need to go back and look at other HSP´s charts for their Chiron. :44:
I also have pondered my :161: in the 3rd/ :173: and maybe my life goal is to learn to cope with the misophonia. It has truly been a struggle since I was a child. I am 35 next week and still use a sound machine+ear plugs+ear muffs at work (yes, all together!) just to not murder someone. :22:
April 18, 2019 at 17:51
(Gemini) dontkillyourfuture
I scored 20 on the HSP test you linked and I´ve linked my chart for your interest too! :)
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
April 18, 2019 at 03:28
(Pisces) fishscales
Hmmm...you not only have Chiron in the third house, but it is in Gemini, representing the senses and the nervous system. This could signifify a "wound" of sorts involving the senses or nervous system. This could also account for HSP.

I mentioned in another post that Chiron is inconjunct Pluto and Neptune... What I did not realize is that these inconjuncts form a yod configuration, with Chiron, in the third house and in Gemini, as the apex. Perhaps this is of significance??

EDIT: Sorry about the multiple posts. I probably should have looked at your chart (much) more thoroughly before posting anything.

I´m a Mercury in Aries. My motto is strictly "act now, think later." :4:
April 18, 2019 at 03:09
(Pisces) fishscales » fishscales
Of course, now I notice you have Taurus on the third house, after I just said:

"I feel that someone with misphonia would have an airy third house. If they had, say, Taurus on the third, it just wouldn´t seem to fit to me for some reason."

:61:

I did notice that you had Chiron in the third however, inconjunct Neptune and Pluto.

Chiron is something I did not mention that could play a role in this topic.

Chiron also got me thinking about asteroids. I am wondering if there is any mythological character associated with hearing, or that gets agitated/angry when they hear a certain sound. Or if there is a character whose mythological punishment somehow involved sound.

Unfortunately, I cannot think of any, but I will probably go crazy trying for a little while.

If I could think of one, I´d look at an asteroid list and see if the character had an asteroid named after them.
April 18, 2019 at 02:50
(Pisces) fishscales
I had never heard of misphonia before reading this thread.

I *think* hearing falls under the jurisdiction of Mercury and the third house.

It sounds like those with misphonia experience severe agitation and even anger when exposed to certain sounds.

In that case, I would probably look for difficult aspects between Mercury and Uranus, Mars, and possibly Pluto or Neptune, as well as afflictions to planets in the third house and to the ruler of the third house, specifically involving those planets, and always involving Mercury. Maybe quincunx aspects?

I feel that someone with misphonia would have an airy third house. If they had, say, Taurus on the third, it just wouldn´t seem to fit to me for some reason.

Please keep in mind that this is all pure speculation on my part...
April 18, 2019 at 02:08
(Taurus) lnsabch » IIyyaarr13
Yes, it is exactly "sound rage". I sometimes feel ashamed at the violence I want to inflict on innocent people just for making noises. It´s quite the burden. I live with earplugs at almost all times.

My initial theory was that :160: and/or :159:, :152:, :178: stuff was the culprit. I´m not sure yet.
April 18, 2019 at 01:40
(Taurus) IIyyaarr13 » lnsabch
I had sensitive ears all of 1964 & 1965, some of ´63 & ´66, my father couldn´t stand my mother anymore so horrible infant age situations took place at those times.
:160: is :191: Ascendant when you accept that the Ascendant has an orb unto itself. One side of :161: is parallel :160: and the other parallel :153:, both midheavens parallel :160:. :157: is upper :196: :156: in the eighth house.
:154: :196: :153: & true MC. :157: tri-elftile :153:& :159:. :153:(which is has identical surface gravity to :155:) is in 3/14th aspect to :155:; I forced myself to read Garrison Keillor´s "Good Poems" because the harmonic 7 aspect doesn´t activate itself like a :194: or :192:
Does "Sound Rage" describe your condition? :92: :40: :92: :40: :92: :40:
April 18, 2019 at 00:08
(Sagittarius) Amartya » lnsabch
Years ago, I´d have been angry about those (toughen up) comments. Nowadays, i just accept I am who I am. I feel things deeply, I do not always show it but I feel them. I love that about myself, unashamedly. However, I do wish that I could be more open with my feelings but one step at a time. ha

I totally agree, sadly the World rewards the insensitive and the crass.

Family wise, I´m lucky that my own mother is a lot like me. I can´t imagine how hard it´d be to have a family where no one understood your sensitivity. I´m sorry to hear that. It must really suck.

I´ll keep an eye on this topic. Hopefully, it reveals some interesting data. :1:

Good luck.
April 17, 2019 at 23:41
(Taurus) lnsabch » Amartya
Thank you for your feedback! :37: I´m sorry about your experiences; I had quite a few troubles myself due to prejudiced people. This world expects and rewards non-sensitivity. Dr. Aron wrote extensively about this, yet I still see little general awareness in society. My own family still can´t understand and my work environment is challenging.

If anyone is interested, so far any relevant correlations between 4 charts are:
--3 of 4 charts--
-Neptune in 11th
-Pluto in Scorpio
-Mars in Scorpio
--2 of 4 charts--
Sagittarius MC
Mars in 8th
Pluto in 8th
Jupiter in Cancer
Mercury trine or sextile Uranus
Mercury conjunct Mars
Moon in 12th

Obviously I need a larger sample size :1:
April 17, 2019 at 22:52
(Sagittarius) Amartya
I´m not sure about Misophonia but I am a Highly Sensitive Person. As a child, I was often considered shy and very emotional compared to my peers. Which was looked down upon. (You need to toughen up etc0

I scored 20 on the test.

Scorpio Moon and intense emotions. Ha It effects me A LOT.

As for noise, for some reason I am very easily startled if the door bell rings unexpectedly, phone calls (when I do not know who is calling(. Silly little things get me very agitated. Plus, I live in an apartment and if my upstairs neighbour brings people around at odd hours, drops things etc. Really freaks me out.

Good luck with your research.

Amartya
April 17, 2019 at 21:32
(Taurus) lnsabch » nutelina
Mainly the things on this list: https://hsperson.com/test/… but you´re right, there are variants. Not included on this list is getting "vibrations" from places or people, which I do have. I don´t seem to have the empathy that a lot of HSP have, except that I feel emotions suddenly and deeply at inopportune or inappropriate moments. My empathy is there but misplaced (such as for animals and inanimate objects rather than people). Also I react with great distress to touching certain fabric textures.
I´m sure there are thousands of other examples on the continuum.
April 17, 2019 at 19:49
(Taurus) nutelina
There is so much to be said with HSP.. Can you be a bit more specific? HSP to what? Electromagnetic waves? Odors? Allergies? It can be a bit blurry. Like definitely correlations with certain astrological traits... I was wondering what in me makes me almost psychic and I think it´s my planets in Pisces.. Maybe Venus because I know of someone who we had clear telepathy with (I could to her for me it was harder...), we both have Venus in Pisces.. but she is also a Aquarius.. those people tend to have a very lively loose way of thinking-connecting... Def. not Pisces but Air-signs quality like..
April 17, 2019 at 17:21
(Taurus) lnsabch » spiral
LOL, see same minds! :61:
April 17, 2019 at 17:21
(Taurus) lnsabch » spiral
Things our charts have in common that may be relevant:
:152: in 12th
:178: :155:
:178: :160:

Interesting!

Thanks for your input :15:
April 17, 2019 at 17:20
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » spiral
System message: Post has been written by user spiral, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
We both have moon in 12th, that´s something!
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Virgo Virgo
Show calendar »