Age of the Smart Phone/Social Media

November 15, 2022 at 16:55 (UT/GMT)
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user IntoTheVoid, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====

Age of the Smart Phone/Social Media
So... Just curious yet again.
What do you think about smart phones?
I find them helpful at times, but think they are used excessively... Especially for these addictive apps like Instagram, TikTok (never used it and don´t have any desire to).
I grew up in a wooded area. My friends and I would explore the woods for days together, we loved being near the river and climbing trees, building forts, walking our dogs and picking berries. I got dial up internet around age 14. My stepdad was an alcoholic, so in order to no pay for our dial up internet, my stepsister and I would clean up and organize his empties as a means to be able to help and in exchange we would get internet...
Fast forward to age 17, I got my first flip phone as a birthday gift. This was solely to be able to contact my folks after school, ect. I barely used it, being a "loner" in high school.
During my last year of highschool, I got my first boyfriend, blah blah... Then he got an iPod touch, on which he downloaded instagram. I remember being disappointed that he was on it so frequently, chatting with friends, ect. I felt left out. Then, because I graduated highschool, Mom decided I should get a smart phone, too. Then we just called them touch screen phones.
I downloaded instagram, Facebook... Then I was pretty well hooked. It allowed me to express myself through art and share it with folks I´d been unable to reach so easily in the past.
I thought it was great... Just throughout my life up until now, I realise I´ve been using smart phones and addictive internet apps for 10* years.
I am so sick of these social media apps. I am not against them, I just don´t work well with them personally. I have an addictive mindset as it is, and can get extremely unproductive and almost...mentally ill using my device excessively.
A week ago during the ECLIPSE (which was playing out on my 1st/7th house axis), I decided to delete instagram and Facebook for good. It was having a terrible affect on my mental health, productivity, attention span, sleep schedule, and outlook on humanity. Too much information all at once... Has now been turned way the f#@$ down and it feels so much better, even just after a week.
I find there are periods where I am tempted to go back on the apps due to fear of missing out, boredom, or curiosity... But overall I´ve been learning discipline from this experience, and it´s been positive in other areas of my life as well: I now read more. I have been creating more, painting, drawing, playing my lovely guitar. My conversations are more positive, and I´m feeling less judgemental of others and myself (I´ve been working at being conscious of this for a while now).
Anyway, sorry to rant, haha..
I just would love to hear others thoughts and feelings on this topic!

Posts in topic

Page: 3 2 1
Sort posts:
November 24, 2022 at 01:12
(Scorpio) IceSickle17
Other than this site, I want to unplug from all the other nonsense on the internet. I notice I have been using my phone/ internet less and less over time so I think I´ll make it a New Year´s resolution to go on a digital detox to improve my spiritual as well as physical life. There is so much beauty in this wonderful world of ours and I want to immerse myself in it as much as I can.
November 21, 2022 at 06:23
(Capricorn) boyakasha the wizard
It´s solar return day for me today in anuradha (btw sun mercury venus are in anuradha too transit) I just ordered a expensive phone online. I like phone and social media. I´ve found amazing music that touched my soul on social media, came across people who were fun to chat with. Social media is one of the best ways to express yourself. Also thanks social media for memes lol. You know...the seven heavens up there gave us this gift of phones and social media and I´m enjoying it. Trust me social media is just a advanced better version next gen level of real life. I don´t wanna go back to 200 years walking in mud reading a newspaper riding on a noisy train to work then send some letters that take so long to reply back so BOOORRRIIINNNGGGGG!!! It feels good to receive that text you´ve been waiting for but you deny it :21:
That will be all.
November 20, 2022 at 14:46
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » IntoTheVoid
I understand you perfectly.. Everything is just one click away..I miss letters, handwriting, waiting for someone..I think somehow we lost "soul" and there is just some emptiness. Yes, we need to live in this society..but it is not society that I am satisfied with..

I can put everything in this melody:

https://youtu.be/DHITmcKUGik

Kind of feeling when you know that you lived your perfect love story, that you had everything you wanted, you just have smile on your face because it is life you always wanted to have since you came on this planet. There is no suffering, hunger, no sick people, you don´t worry because you didn´t take that chance years ago, because you didn´t take that path..You don´t regret because you hurt people you loved the most, because some of them are not here anymore and you can´t tell them- forgive me. You feel just some joy because everything is just as it should be, everything is light, and everything is connected.

Suddenly, you realise it is just a dream, you lived everything in some another dimension but you need to wake up and let it go..You feel pain in your heart and sadness, you don´t want to move because you lost part of yourself in that dream.
Melancholy is taking you over and you feel like you are the only living human on this planet, just roaming through empty streets.. trying to find that hope, love and light you had in that dream..even just for a moment.

And all that you hear is echo that is beating inside you like a heartbeat, echo of this melody, it is so powerful and it is making you alive again..It is like a shadow, reminder that will haunt you everywhere, whispering -Don´t give up, you will find your peace again..
YouTube
YouTube
November 20, 2022 at 14:31
(Sagittarius) RA_
"It’s estimated that the gold in the world’s e-waste equals as much as 11 percent of the total amount mined each year — literally millions of pounds of gold chucked in the garbage."

https://www.vox.com/platform/amp/… <more>
November 20, 2022 at 14:17
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Morena_Lu
System message: Post has been written by user IntoTheVoid, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
This is too good. I should get one of these things. Honestly I would barely use a landline, I hate talking on the phone unless I´m on the booze, which I don´t do anymore... It´s just that in times of emergency, I´d need one. Other than that...
Login
Picture attachments are visible to registered users only.
(Log in)
November 20, 2022 at 11:57
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » IntoTheVoid
Login
(Log in)
November 19, 2022 at 17:53
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » fishscales
I am also guilty :4: I loved that one!

I agree with you, it is on us, how we use technology..

I think I am just an old fashioned Taurus, I prefer communication in person, but it is not always possible, people live far away from each other ..

RIP Nokia, we all miss you :5:
Login
(Log in)
November 19, 2022 at 17:33
(Pisces) fishscales » Morena_Lu
Not quite as old, but this was my favorite phone of all time...the Nokia Music Phone...the whole thing was geared around listening to and storing music on your phone...which is 60-70% of what I use my phone for anyway. I still miss this damn thing. The slide out keyboard was so cool! Very Matrix.:61:Luckily I had the one with the black accents because I hate red :2:
Login
(Log in)
November 19, 2022 at 14:32
(Pisces) fishscales
Technology itself is neutral.

It´s how and what you use it for that matters.
November 18, 2022 at 01:01
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » Morena_Lu
=====
Ahahaha so good :75:
November 17, 2022 at 22:31
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Morena_Lu
Good old days
Login
(Log in)
November 17, 2022 at 22:28
(Taurus) Morena_Lu » Morena_Lu
:14:
Login
(Log in)
November 17, 2022 at 22:27
(Taurus) Morena_Lu
November 17, 2022 at 05:40
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com
System message: Post has been written by user Rave7, who already deleted profile on this website:
=====
I consider smart-phones and the internet to be both a blessing and a curse, but that is true of anything in general, so I don’t find it all that unexpected that the internet has manifested many of its shortcomings. In the 1990s, the internet was a "cool" thing. The ‘old world’ and the ‘new world’ were very much intertwined since people weren’t yet overly obsessed with it. The internet first took off and became popular sometime between the middle of the 1990s and the early 2000s. I recall AOL and the "you got mail" advertising from 2000.

Currently, Facebook and Youtube are the only social media platforms I use. I use Facebook to stay in touch with my loved ones and pals. Youtube is self-explanatory. I used to have an Instagram account for solely professional reasons a decade ago, but I deactivated it. Twitter users are absolutely insane. There are just way too many large, extreme, cult-like fandoms on that app. I see Tiktok as an app that is silly, childish and a time-pass for teenagers because of the lockdowns. Tiktok wasn’t really a household brand until March of 2020. The present young generation also has a weird fetish of looking up prior internet posts or tweets that are considered ‘controversial’ to use it against someone to destroy their career and that is tremendously foolish. The new gender and pronouns thing is fucking hilarious as well. When they look back at it in their 30s and so on, they will question themselves why the fuck they made that nonsense up.

Overall, the internet and social media have gotten worse in the modern period. It has impacted how individuals connect with one another and interact in the physical world. Personally, I don’t mind if someone uses technology excessively if they are doing it so for the good reasons, but if you are using the internet for purposes that aren’t good at all every time, that is something to be concerned about. I’m not saying you should use technology for useful purposes all the time; rather, it is better to strike a balance between using it for the right reasons and leisure time.

The Internet and the world as we know it today is in a state of dystopian nightmare.
November 17, 2022 at 03:02
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
Man, I´m guilty of this. I love my music, and loud. From all my years going to punk shows and listening to loud music through earbuds I´m pretty well deaf. I know they´re gross... But it makes a long walk or bike ride so much more enjoyable with music plugged in yer ears. Headphones would be more sanitary I guess... In comparison
November 16, 2022 at 22:31
(Cancer) Victor_Valiant_ » Petra_a
Cheers :37:
November 16, 2022 at 21:33
(Cancer) Petra_a » Victor_Valiant_
Yes.I agree. :75:
November 16, 2022 at 18:08
(Aries) ram_goat » Wolfmoon
wearing ear phones.

Yes earbuds will become hearing aids at too too young an age.

What volume do those kids have those things at in order to be able to hear the music or (more likely some YouTuber prattling..) out in the world among ambient noise?

I think we will see "generation deaf" or "generation hearing loss" from the pluto sag & cap fascination with these stupid (and dirty!) earbuds.

I put a q-tip in my ear then I throw it in the trash can. How is an earbud different. Those things are gross. Unsanitary. Why not stick them up their asses while they are at it?
November 16, 2022 at 18:02
(Aries) ram_goat » Wolfmoon
Yup. Generational programming.

A lot of it also boils down to something simpler and more common sense:

The younger generation are just cunts. Cunty different than we were cunty when we were teens, but still cunts. Much of it simply belongs to the age they are currently at.

Pluto sag teens of today will someday complain about their children, the soon-to-be-born pluto Aqua generation, when they become teens. It has always been thus.

Maybe Fakebook VR will be the thing that annoys the pluto-sag parents in their middle age, and they will complain that in their day they only had badly fitting skinny jeans, bad haircuts, stupid eyeglasses, and iphones, and that nobody needs more than that and an instagram account to be a cunt.. I mean to be "happy".
November 16, 2022 at 17:47
(Virgo) rohini moon » rohini moon
In the Bible, they are referred to as unclean spirits. And it´s not as hard as people think in order for them to gain access.
There are different levels of possession. It´s not just the foaming of the mouth as seen in the exorcist. There are a lot more subtle levels too. It´s just that in these times, they are often overlooked. Or given fancy medical terms.
November 16, 2022 at 17:40
(Aries) Wolfmoon » IntoTheVoid
"But I am curious as to whether people even think about what they are doing, obviously everyone on this forum topic are aware, but I just wonder how many people actually care? Most seem to be pretty far gone."

Just another normalized poison. If everyone else is doing it, can´t be too bad. Sugar, soaps, "food". The herd be herding.
November 16, 2022 at 17:32
(Aries) Wolfmoon » rohini moon
I don´t but if you go searching for "jezebel verse the beast revelation" something like that.
November 16, 2022 at 17:30
(Aries) Wolfmoon » ram_goat
" a sense, yes. Watch a child or a teenager holding one.. how they behave. Obsession."

It´s sad hoe many people will have wrecked posture because of them. I nearly hit a kid with my car because he was on a two wheeled electric thing looking at his phone, wearing ear phones. Just rolled right out into the road
November 16, 2022 at 17:27
(Aries) Wolfmoon » cubic
"Even then it was easy to see that most do not have the self-control to refrain from things like TV or endless movie watching"

Indeed. One of the most studied thing in the world is the human brain. For over a century it has been studied. TV was produced for its hypnotic quality, not for entertainment.

Everything in todays world seems to be produced for something nefarious but sold with a different angle.

"So would it be TV or the internet it doesn´t matter, the masses will be hooked into something."

Yup. Generational programming. The only real different from "smart" screens to older screens is they´re lighter and portable. Still sucking life and time out of you.
November 16, 2022 at 14:24
(Taurus) Astro-Seek.com » ram_goat
=====
"well most people possess them..

children too"

Yeah, this is crooked because children are so easily influenced, innocent and their minds are shapeable. Don´t give them devices when they´re bored.
I watched a ted talk on the lady who created those flashlights that´re powered from the heat of your hand. As a child she was never given toys, but supplies to build her own. She was a happy kid. Aware that she was different than others at school, but she was given the opportunity to be creative and make good use of her time from an early age.
Not saying everyone should give their kids hammers and nails when they´re bored... But for the love of god, I´ve seen kids scream at the top of their lungs for their parents phone and nothing else seems to suffice. That shows how addictive these things are.
« previous  next » »|
Current Planets, Astrology Transits, Chart of this moment
Current planets
Planetary positions
Show chart »
Lunar calendar 2022
Moon calendar
Moon in Aries Aries
Show calendar »